Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/ Projected release/ etc. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

Yamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really nice
Post Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/ Projected release/ etc.

This game may be the most epic release of the year. The release date is projected for this April. Here is the lucasarts page:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/
*Flash player 9 required*

Here's some concept art:

The following was copied from Lucasarts:

The Star Wars saga will continue in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a videogame developed by LucasArts, which casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and promises to unveil new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy. The expansive story, created under direction from George Lucas, is set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In it, players will assist the iconic villain in his quest to rid the universe of Jedi - and face decisions that could change the course of their destiny.

As its name implies, The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force by taking full advantage of newly developed technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd. Paired with the powerful Havok Physics™ system, these new technologies create gameplay only possible on the new generation of consoles. DMM incorporates the physical properties of anything in the environment so that everything reacts exactly like it should - wood breaks like wood, glass shatters like glass, plants on the planet Felucia bend like plants on the planet Felucia would, and more. Meanwhile, as a revolutionary behavioral-simulation engine, euphoria enables interactive characters to move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior on the fly and resulting in a different payoff every single time.

Features

During the period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.

Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice's four core Force powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning - throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.

Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:

The Secret Apprentice won't just Force push enemies into walls - he'll Force push enemies through walls.

The Secret Apprentice won't just Force grip foes to throw them aside - he'll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.

In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.

Visit locations such as Episode III's Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk and the floral Felucia, the junk planet Raxus Prime, plus an Imperial TIE fighter construction facility.

The Force Unleashed is LucasArts' first internally developed title for next-generation consoles, and it represents the first in-game collaboration of talents and technology between LucasArts and Industrial Light & Magic, two companies now finally under one roof at the new Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco's Presidio district.

The Force Unleashed debuts Digital Molecular Matter from Pixelux and euphoria behavioral simulation from NaturalMotion Ltd.

LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Rey and Palace Press.

So from the info they've presented, what do you think about this game?

*********|-------------------------/
****o===||__O__________________/ -ZABUZA sword!
*********|____________________/

"But mine doesn't cut through rice paper!" *muffled*
Yamato-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
LonelyNinja

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/ Projected release/ etc.

This game is gonna be epic one way or another. I'm definitely going to get this game and I'm looking forward to the insane Force use during combat.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

Yamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really niceYamato-sama is just really nice

The Euphoria tech seems great too. I mean, those stormtroopers in the promotional video were really freakin' out.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
LonelyNinja

It's gonna be nice now that the stormtroopers are going to be smarter and more life-like. I saw a vid where two stormtroopers were thrown onto a wooden beam and the first troop grabbed the beam and his buddy grabbed his ankles. They eventually fell to their death, but now the troopers are going to try and preserve their own lives. That can lead to many hilarious situations.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
Satoku
One Pump Chump

Satoku is on a distinguished roadSatoku is on a distinguished road

lol such OLD news
but Im still gonna pick this one up
Satoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

I'm gonna grab a copy.

@Satoshi: Yeah it is pretty old news. The point was to show off the game. lol

Old 01-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

what game systems will it be available on or will it be a pc game only.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #8
LonelyNinja

Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, and the PS2. No plans for PC launch.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #9
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

Will there be online play?

Either way, I WILL be getting this game.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:32 AM   #10
LonelyNinja

I don't think there's going to be online or multiplayer.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #11
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

It will also be on the PSP and the Nintendo DS also I believe. The game will probably fly off all shelves the moment it comes out. My favorite preview is the one where the apprentice takes down the star destroyer, using simply the force itself. o.O

Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #12
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

To reap the benefits of the Havoc Physics system and graphics, you are probably gonna want to get a PS3 or Xbox360. Im not too sure my Xbox360 will be enough for this epic. Expect it to be scaled down greatly for the ps2, Wii, PSP, and DS.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #13
Yamato-sama
Chuunin

^^^We're talking seriously scaled down. The new technology won't be fully implemented, and it won't truly be a next gen game on last gen consoles. In regards to your xbox360, it should run the game well, although Lucasarts is putting most of the games developments into the PS3 version. The Wii version will definately be unique though, as you will have total control over your Lightsaber throughout the game. You can literally use your own style of sword wielding. The game doesn't make you correspond. The Wii version may be slightly scaled down in certain tech, but it will surely make up for it with other features that are unattainable with the other consoles.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
Ceddy
Academy Student

Ceddy is an unknown quantity at this point

what i know about it is that its definately on xbox360 since i saw it in one of my magazines and it had alot of info on it if u want me to post all it said and the pictures different from that then i will

Live Gamertag - Punisher C
Playstation Network Tag - PunisherC
Ceddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #15
katonha
Hunter-Nin

katonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enough

I am suprised that there wasn't a thread made of this earlier. It looks really good, and i am going to grab it when it comes out, especially since it is going to be on PS2. I've liked some of the previous Star Wars games, so hopefully this one will be better than those.

A Member of The Dragonball Z Fan Club
A Member of The Avatar: The last airbender FC
katonha is offline   Reply With Quote