episode 129 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 04-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

Roy Mustang can only hope to improve
episode 129

Who has seen this yet? if not go away cause there will be spoilers

-------WARNING SPOILER---------

episode 129 was the best! i loved the new opening but i didn't like the song the art was nicely done the ending was great to the song fit the background nicely and i was suprised at how itachi was always standing up for Sasuke and i'll felt bad for sasuke his father just said "Continue doing this and be successful like your brother" and walked away when sasuke showed his dad his perfect report card
Roy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
[Daisuke]
Eeeek!

[Daisuke] is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate flashback episodes like this. It's probably because I've seen the anime, but the 127-128 episode, being an hour long special.... was practically all flashback, then they /just/ start the fight between sasuke an dnaruto in that... and let's have some more flash backs. wait... more flash backs!!!

Stupid waste of time IMO.

I liked the new opening and ending, btw. Oh, and I think 130 is a flashback episode aswell, from the preview at the end of 129.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:29 PM   #3
kenokuvato
Jounin

kenokuvato is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

I kinda read the manga so I knew that all of this was coming, but it was still good to see it animated. I think reading the manga makes you appreciate the anime more. Also, the opening has great art and animation, but the song sucks and the ending seems a little too depressing. The next episode will be a flshback too from the title that they give you at the end of 129.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
I hate flashbacks.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
MewRKW1
Genin

MewRKW1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought it was good. sasukes mom is pretty. I have had a bad problem, my speakers have been distroyed and I cant hear a thing anymore until I get more.

MEMBER OF THE UCHIHA ITACHI FC
MEMBER OF THE AKATSUKI FC
MewRKW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
aznrice
Genin

aznrice is an unknown quantity at this point
yes the next episode is gonna be flashback too, unfortunately
i like the opening+ending but the songs suck
aznrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
k-strife
Genin

k-strife is an unknown quantity at this point
not bad, you learn more about Itachi. He really does seem like a good guy, i wonder what the hell happened to him?? Something with ANBU it seems.
k-strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #8
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah...to many flashback kinda ruin it...but overall it is good.

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio
nelsonkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

Roy Mustang can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-strife
not bad, you learn more about Itachi. He really does seem like a good guy, i wonder what the hell happened to him?? Something with ANBU it seems.
that's what i thought to it seems the akatsuki found him out and one of 'em disgusied them selves as an anbu and told him to this "Secret mission". Maybe if itachi was less skilled im sure sasuke and itachi would be happy to this day. like itachi said being to skilled is not that great
Roy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #10
duneninja
Genin

duneninja is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really care for the new opening (including the song) and I've never really liked any of the Naruto endings. These last two openings have just been a little too depressed for me. I loved the episode though. I kind of got frustrated by how many manga chapters it took to tell it, but the anime gets it done in like 3 episodes, so we get to the main fight even faster. I'm not going to stand-up for Itachi too much, since he is kind of psycho, but he also does seem to care for Sasuke, which IMO is what makes their story so tragic. I guess you can say its tough love, but I think he does want Sasuke to succeed. I'm going to take a wild guess here but during their eventual fight, I bet Itachi just says it was all for Sasuke's own good, and look how strong he has become, blah blah blah. Of course, Sasuke won't care what he says, cause he just wants to gut him with his Chidori.

Still, episode was cool, and its not like Naruto is filled with flashbacks, and the others were only an episode or two long. At least Naruto isn't filled with re-cap episodes. Those get on my nerves. I might be wrong, but I think there was only the one between the Zabuza fight and the Chunnin Exam, thankfully. So, in comparison, flashbacks are not as bad as re-caps.
duneninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:41 AM   #11
sabakunoGaara
Hunter-Nin

sabakunoGaara is an unknown quantity at this point
i do not care if its all flashbacks. i mean its usually pissing off when the show us flashbacks we saw but cmon why would u not want to see this side of itachi. i mean ok they are USEFUL. up till now i always used to think that sasuke and itachi dont go on well and he just didnt care but he hated him when he kills the whole clan. but no! they were so close and itachi seems like a good guy...um well i mean an ok guy lol. i honestly loved the flashback a lot! i liked how itachi got pissed and how the zoom into him and tha paper then the sharingans...ahhhh the graphics are improving!! i still dont get why he got so shocked when sasuke called out his name....its the first time i see itachi with some kind of expression though. in a way i understand his feeling he is just fed up with th clan..its not an excuse to kill his clan but i mean i get the frustration part. oh well ya next episode is another flashback i dont mind either lol. but i mean now i get why sasuke is all pissed and arrogant and why he cant hate itachi till now.
sabakunoGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #12
god of the moon
Akatsuki's owns me.

god of the moon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease
I hate flashbacks.
same here but just a normal episode noting special

god of the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #13
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi

kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Daisuke]
I hate flashback episodes like this. It's probably because I've seen the anime, but the 127-128 episode, being an hour long special.... was practically all flashback, then they /just/ start the fight between sasuke an dnaruto in that... and let's have some more flash backs. wait... more flash backs!!!

Stupid waste of time IMO.

I liked the new opening and ending, btw. Oh, and I think 130 is a flashback episode aswell, from the preview at the end of 129.
I actually liked the episode and the flashbacks true I already knew what was going to happen because of the manga but i enjoyed this episode. Unfortunately for you yes next episode will be a mix of fighting and flashbacks. I really enjoyed the new beginning and ending, it shows things to come for all the anime fans as does the ending. I to would rather episodes of just fighting and then episodes of just flashbacks to get them out of the way, I don't think you would mind if we saw Itachi actually fight those guys instead of hearing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenokuvato
I kinda read the manga so I knew that all of this was coming, but it was still good to see it animated. I think reading the manga makes you appreciate the anime more. Also, the opening has great art and animation, but the song sucks and the ending seems a little too depressing. The next episode will be a flshback too from the title that they give you at the end of 129.
Why shouldn't the ending be depressing it is a tough time for them, you know what happens next and why everyone is down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-strife
No I think it is the power that he has acquired and the weak position his clan is in, they could be on top of the world but instead they are police officers. I think that upsets Itachi and causes him to snap because he sees them as weak for doing such a meaningless job, although it does have to be done by someon. For instance think if your dad was a garbage men and he wanted you to be in the business, but you feel with your skills that you could be doing something more important like Systems Engineer for NASA. He thinks it is great you want to do that, but he still thinks you need to be a garbage man eventually and follow in his footsteps. Is it me or did that police officer look like a human or normal version of Kisame. I kind of thought it was him and that somewhere along the lines he did something to his body, but then I remembered he was part of another village... Actually Hidden Mist is one of the evil villages that outcast ninja's go and join, but then again Kisame doesn't have sharingan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
i do not care if its all flashbacks. i mean its usually pissing off when the show us flashbacks we saw but cmon why would u not want to see this side of itachi. i mean ok they are USEFUL. up till now i always used to think that sasuke and itachi dont go on well and he just didnt care but he hated him when he kills the whole clan. but no! they were so close and itachi seems like a good guy...um well i mean an ok guy lol. i honestly loved the flashback a lot! i liked how itachi got pissed and how the zoom into him and tha paper then the sharingans...ahhhh the graphics are improving!! i still dont get why he got so shocked when sasuke called out his name....its the first time i see itachi with some kind of expression though. in a way i understand his feeling he is just fed up with th clan..its not an excuse to kill his clan but i mean i get the frustration part. oh well ya next episode is another flashback i dont mind either lol. but i mean now i get why sasuke is all pissed and arrogant and why he cant hate itachi till now.
I think he got shocked when Sasuke called his name, because he didn't know Sasuke was there or still there, and he didn't want him to see this part or side of him.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake

Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #14
Phlemingo
Chuunin

Phlemingo is an unknown quantity at this point
Um, there are different kind of flash backs. The one with Kiba and good times with Akamaru, that was a complete waste of time. This one is different, it's totally new.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #15
Fierce
Chuunin

Fierce is an unknown quantity at this point
Usually I hate flashbacks..but I learned a lot about Itachi..which I was happy about. Overall, he seemed like he cared for Sasuke the most. I think because of how hard his father pushed him because he was a natural genius..is what drove Itachi to the dark side..so to speak. He seemed to like Sasuke a lot though. Spent a lot of time with him. I believe him to have not wanted Sasuke to see his power though..because he didn't want Sasuke to fear him. When he realized Sasuke would fear him now..or think of him differently, that probably made him mad. Thus why he used the Mangekyou Sharingan when he looked at Sasuke at the end of the flashback..Oh well though. It's unfortunate..but the bad goes with the show.