The secret of Akatsuki - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
Niaseat
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Niaseat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I will read this later.
But honestly, the chances of this are null. There were many who tossed their time like that and failed to get something. Actually, only Yasha got something, maybe.
The Akatsuki were originally 10 shinobi from the legends, not gods. But that isn't what Kishi officially said of course.
As I said, I will read this later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
You should also read what I wrote again.
I said that I will read it later, meaning it's wroth reading and that I respect the theory. I repped the man.
Telling someone that you haven't read their post but what they wrote is wrong or "near zero" is not 'repping' someone. It's insulting since it basically says, I'm not going to bother reading this now but I'll assume what you wrote is wrong.

You could have simply written something along the lines of 'haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but I'll get back to it with a reply when I have a chance to.' instead of telling him he's wrong without actually reading the entirety.

You did come back and give him props later, but only after DA called you out on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I shouldn't have posted that, but I just felt like it then. So, who cares now.
Obviously DA and others care since it was insulting to DGLG who obviously put a lot of time and effort into compiling this informational comparison. Whether or not he's on the mark with all of his comparisons it shows some dedication to it, which you just blew off as worthless.

You've jumped on people's cases in the past Shrike and used profanity as well so I'd think you'd have a thicker skin in terms of DA doing it to you when you were obviously in the wrong.

As to the OP - DGLG I can see the comparison with Zetsu but I have to agree that a few of the others seem to be reaching. I definitely think that Kishi incorporated aspects of various mythologies in the backgrounds of his characters.

There was definitely some good info in there though and things I haven't heard of before. Thanks for the great work putting it all together!
Niaseat is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #17
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
Telling someone that you haven't read their post but what they wrote is wrong or "near zero" is not 'repping' someone. It's insulting since it basically says, I'm not going to bother reading this now but I'll assume what you wrote is wrong.

You could have simply written something along the lines of 'haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but I'll get back to it with a reply when I have a chance to.' instead of telling him he's wrong without actually reading the entirety.

You did come back and give him props later, but only after DA called you out on it.

Obviously DA and others care since it was insulting to DGLG who obviously put a lot of time and effort into compiling this informational comparison. Whether or not he's on the mark with all of his comparisons it shows some dedication to it, which you just blew off as worthless.

You've jumped on people's cases in the past Shrike and used profanity as well so I'd think you'd have a thicker skin in terms of DA doing it to you when you were obviously in the wrong.
I assume you are someone who has been longer on this forum, but have made a new account, since you know I have been "jumping" on people as you say.

I remember doing such a thing two times, after both which I have apologized, but you obviously missed that. I can name those guys whom I have actually "jumped" on.

If I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I shouldn't have posted that, but I just felt like it then. So, who cares now.
That means that I have admitted that DA was partially right for what he said, but I disliked his tone.

Nothing to do with you though. And you do not even know the respect I hold for DA.

And If you think I came back to give him props because DA posted in here, check my first post again where I said I will read it. If I say I will read it, it means that exactly - I will read it, in case you are searching for a hidden meaning?

The way I said he probably wasted his time is because I read a few sentences which I found to be nothing like Kishimoto's manga.
I respect him searching to find an answer to some mysteries this manga still holds, thus I repped him.

And if you think "null chance" is insulting, then the truth insults you.

Oh, and you could say who you are, since I am not going to "jump" on you or anything.

DGLG asked me some stuff later himself, which I take he was not offended.
If you were offended, man, report me and I will be banned.

One thing on topic - Some people describe Kakuzu as "jellyfish" which I don't. But if they are right, he may have to do something with old mythical beings of the sea.
He is from the Hidden Waterfall after all.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
Niaseat
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Niaseat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

I remember doing such a thing two times, after both which I have apologized, but you obviously missed that. I can name those guys whom I have actually "jumped" on.
I've never seen you actually apologize... even to DGLG here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Nothing to do with you though. And you do not even know the respect I hold for DA.
Umm... hello public Manga discussion forum. I'm pretty sure anything you post here to the public thread has something to do with the community. If you didn't want it to be public you could have made it a pm instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
And If you think I came back to give him props because DA posted in here, check my first post again where I said I will read it. If I say I will read it, it means that exactly - I will read it, in case you are searching for a hidden meaning?
Saying you'll read a post in the same post saying you haven't read it but what he wrote has 'null chance' to be true is 'repping him?' don't make me laugh.

See, you're just trying to twist what I said here. I said your initial post was insulting because you hadn't even read his post and said it had 'null chance' of being correct. When in fact most of his post was making possible comparisons between characters in the Manga and the mythological characters. You jumped to a different assumption and then blew him off initially. It was rude and you didn't even apologize to DGLG for it. That's what I was talking about.

It would be like me making an immediate reply to a thread you started and saying

'Oh I haven't read anything you wrote but you're obviously wrong and nothing you said makes any sense'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
And if you think "null chance" is insulting, then the truth insults you.
No, what insults me is the fact you didn't even read his post in it's entirety before dismissing his comparisons as a "null chance". If you had read the whole thing and -then- made that determination it would be different story.
Niaseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #19
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
I've never seen you actually apologize... even to DGLG here.
Okay, since you skipped to answering half of my post, I will just assume you don't want to do that, which insults me. Yeah, because you haven't read my post, you are insulting me. By your own standards.
I haven't really found that insulting, just a bit disrespectful. Which, as I said, I regret doing.
I did not apologize since I do not see the situation serious enough. If the man wants apology, I will do so with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
Umm... hello public Manga discussion forum. I'm pretty sure anything you post here to the public thread has something to do with the community. If you didn't want it to be public you could have made it a pm instead.
You did not understand what was I trying to say - I was talking to DA since he was talking to me, now I am talking to you since you are talking to me, but it was not your thing to begin with, so I said it had nothing to do with you, but with me, DA and DGLG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
Saying you'll read a post in the same post saying you haven't read it but what he wrote has 'null chance' to be true is 'repping him?' don't make me laugh.
That is a bit disrespectful, and I did say I shouldn't have said that, no?
I posted a new post after reading that, and that was my apology and the respect I show for his effort.
If you wouldn't appreciate anything of it, then you don't have to tell me where was I wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
See, you're just trying to twist what I said here. I said your initial post was insulting because you hadn't even read his post and said it had 'null chance' of being correct. When in fact most of his post was making possible comparisons between characters in the Manga and the mythological characters. You jumped to a different assumption and then blew him off initially. It was rude and you didn't even apologize to DGLG for it. That's what I was talking about.
Read what I said above. And move along that one post I made, since I made another after that. Which also had nothing to do with you. If you want an argument with me, which you clearly show, then tell me who are you, at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
It would be like me making an immediate reply to a thread you started and saying

'Oh I haven't read anything you wrote but you're obviously wrong and nothing you said makes any sense'
You are hellbent on making the same sentences again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
No, what insults me is the fact you didn't even read his post in it's entirety before dismissing his comparisons as a "null chance". If you had read the whole thing and -then- made that determination it would be different story.
What I said above. I already explained it.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #20
DGLG
Hunter-Nin
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 1,214
Thanks: 24
Thanked 67 Times in 27 Posts
DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Woah Shrike, no need(nema potrebe buraz)
chill u guys xD
__________________
Mess with me and...

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #21
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLG View Post
Woah Shrike, no need(nema potrebe buraz)
chill u guys xD
Nije problem, ako sam srao previse, pocisticu to =)


No worries, I did the wrong thing, but I did not find it so insulting as some people. So, I just said, if you are insulted, I will make an apology.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #22
Katon707
Chuunin
 
Katon707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aberdeen
Age: 25
Posts: 466
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Katon707 will become famous soon enoughKaton707 will become famous soon enough
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

LOL Woooooooah guys, lets look at this from both sides.

The theory was good, the only bits that made me believe were the 6 paths and the zetsu type god.

Shrike is right tho, the chances of the rest of the chars being taken from these myths are slim to none. it dosnt seem like a well thought out myth, tad confusing but maybe thats just me. obviously kishi could have taken certain characteristics from a portion of these myths but the chances are slim. that being said, he could have phrased it better but its a forum and this is life, mistakes happen, he appologized. nuff said, matter closed.

Back on point, nice find tho, i love reading mythology, specially bout gods ive never heard of and since i am a very open minded person i try to look for all ways that kishi could have improvised certain myths.

This weekend since my gf will be in all weekend revising for an exam, i will do my own research and post a well thought out theory like this + the tengu one. but now that i have certain names it will go alot easier being able to findout about certain dieties.

keep an eye for my thread. will blow u away ( hopefully )

Thats what i love about NC, not so much the website itself (since they cant translate worth a fook) but this is the only naruto forum i have found with actual intelligent posts. keep up the good work guys, keep the theory's coming and lets all get along, i mean there are already numerous wars going on in the world. lets keep a bit of peice on the only pleasant passtime i have, naruto

O ye and rep++ for the time, effort and thought put in on the theory

Last edited by Katon707; 01-11-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Katon707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #23
DGLG
Hunter-Nin
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 1,214
Thanks: 24
Thanked 67 Times in 27 Posts
DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katon707 View Post
LOL Woooooooah guys, lets look at this from both sides.

The theory was good, the only bits that made me believe were the 6 paths and the zetsu type god.

Shrike is right tho, the chances of the rest of the chars being taken from these myths are slim to none. it dosnt seem like a well thought out myth, tad confusing but maybe thats just me. obviously kishi could have taken certain characteristics from a portion of these myths but the chances are slim. that being said, he could have phrased it better but its a forum and this is life, mistakes happen, he appologized. nuff said, matter closed.

Back on point, nice find tho, i love reading mythology, specially bout gods ive never heard of and since i am a very open minded person i try to look for all ways that kishi could have improvised certain myths.

This weekend since my gf will be in all weekend revising for an exam, i will do my own research and post a well thought out theory like this + the tengu one. but now that i have certain names it will go alot easier being able to findout about certain dieties.

keep an eye for my thread. will blow u away ( hopefully )

Thats what i love about NC, not so much the website itself (since they cant translate worth a fook) but this is the only naruto forum i have found with actual intelligent posts. keep up the good work guys, keep the theory's coming and lets all get along, i mean there are already numerous wars going on in the world. lets keep a bit of peice on the only pleasant passtime i have, naruto

O ye and rep++ for the time, effort and thought put in on the theory
I'm like 100% sure that my Zetsu theory is correct 'cause, it makes a lot of sense. Two people in one, messenger, called when they're doing a ritual...that's Zetsu.
However, as I said before, Kishi is using characters from diferent mythology and putting them together. So, maybe Zetsu is this God, but maybe Madara is that Izanagi guy or that Tengu thing...who knows...
__________________
Mess with me and...

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #24
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLG View Post
I'm like 100% sure that my Zetsu theory is correct 'cause, it makes a lot of sense. Two people in one, messenger, called when they're doing a ritual...that's Zetsu.
However, as I said before, Kishi is using characters from diferent mythology and putting them together. So, maybe Zetsu is this God, but maybe Madara is that Izanagi guy or that Tengu thing...who knows...
The basic idea is definitely what you said about Zetsu, but I am sure that we won't be able to predict anything just by reading myths.

Keep your pants on, Kishi will always surprise us. That is what keeps us reading this manga.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #25
Niaseat
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Niaseat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Okay, since you skipped to answering half of my post, I will just assume you don't want to do that, which insults me. Yeah, because you haven't read my post, you are insulting me. By your own standards.
Not really - I read your post in its entirety and just responded to the points that were relevant to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
You did not understand what was I trying to say - I was talking to DA since he was talking to me, now I am talking to you since you are talking to me, but it was not your thing to begin with, so I said it had nothing to do with you, but with me, DA and DGLG.
Again, you posted a public reply in a thread DGLG started. If you don't want anyone else participating in your conversations - take it to PM. It's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
That is a bit disrespectful, and I did say I shouldn't have said that, no?
I posted a new post after reading that, and that was my apology and the respect I show for his effort.
If you wouldn't appreciate anything of it, then you don't have to tell me where was I wrong.
No, your apology if you felt you needed to give one should have been just that. An apology. Sorry DGLG I was out of line not some half-baked oh I -might- have been sort of out of line but I won't directly apologize to DGLG. I do appreciate that you contributed to the thread afterwards. I even gave you rep for some of it. However, the point is you were rude and needed to have it pointed out to you since you didn't seem to get it or were twisting around what I actually said.

And no offense... but if someone else doesn't point out where you are wrong then you just continue on being wrong. Which isn't right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
You are hellbent on making the same sentences again and again.
No just reinforcing my point - since you didn't seem to get it at the time and have a hard time admitting when you're actually in the wrong.

Anyhow, DGLG - I'll stop now since you asked us to.

I will say that I think you were on point with Zetsu - again some of the other stuff was reaching a little but I think we all know that Kishi is pulling from various mythological sources.

It would be interesting for him to actually lay out where he developed each character from though the amount of time that would take would probably be a whole Story Arc in and of itself. :P

Great research though DGLG.
Niaseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
DGLG
Hunter-Nin
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 1,214
Thanks: 24
Thanked 67 Times in 27 Posts
DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Something was bothering me. It said that this Kamui, this Zetsu think, can also appear as a women.
__________________
Mess with me and...

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #27
liuaishan
Special Jounin
 
liuaishan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: here in this post
Age: 29
Posts: 2,139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
liuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to behold
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaseat View Post
It would be interesting for him to actually lay out where he developed each character from though the amount of time that would take would probably be a whole Story Arc in and of itself. :P
I think he can use his databook to do that,, so he won't waste it in the manga.... and actually the manga itself shouldn't reveal mythologies. :P
__________________
Kishi: did you guys
expect this?
fans: nooo!

member of



member of zis awesome
forum full of elite members <3
- Anime Dreamz -
liuaishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #28
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Okay, no need for more arguments, I guess.
I don't think Zetsu is a woman, but hell, I would like to see what looks like without his AK robe.
Maybe Zetsu is the final villain. He hasn't revealed anything yet, and he is practically spying on everyone.
I hope he is, if Kishi makes a very good twist.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #29
satansilent
Jounin
 
satansilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 907
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
satansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enough
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

good find/work DGLG ,I'll wait for complete theory(sorry my english is too bad so I can't reply to this theory )
__________________
UCHIHA MADARA
satansilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:57 AM   #30
DGLG
Hunter-Nin
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 1,214
Thanks: 24
Thanked 67 Times in 27 Posts
DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about
Re: The secret of Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Okay, no need for more arguments, I guess.
I don't think Zetsu is a woman, but hell, I would like to see what looks like without his AK robe.
Maybe Zetsu is the final villain. He hasn't revealed anything yet, and he is practically spying on everyone.
I hope he is, if Kishi makes a very good twist.
Zetsu is a sick stalker
__________________
Mess with me and...

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.