The SuperSmashBros FC - Page 21 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #301
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: The SuperSmashBros FC

Ohhh...a Melee player, I see. My experience in Melee is limited to 3 or 4 times playing, and I never learned the controls, so I ended up button mashing. Marth was the first SSB character I ever played as, though, so it's fitting that he should be the one I do best with in Brawl.

Regarding mains, while Marth is my absolute best character, he's part of a top 5 that I especially enjoy playing as. I enjoy playing as pretty much everyone, so I almost always just pick Random, but when it lands on one of my top 5, it usually leads to a fun match. Those are Marth, Luigi, Kirby, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Donkey Kong, and Jigglypuff.

With Ness, my strategy usually consists of: 1) Wait. 2) Jump. 3) Use PK Thunder to launch myself at someone, and hopefully kill them. 4) Repeat. I use his other moves as a means of making sure I have the time and space to do those steps. Works out pretty well for me, lol.

You know who I really dislike? Samus. I just can't finish anyone with her for my life. I know there are people who are good with her, but I mainly get kills with her from Final Smashes.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #302
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

I don't really like Ness. I prefer Lucas much more. My experience with both of them is that Lucas has much more powerful smash attacks, and Ness has much more powerful special attacks (B attacks).

I'm getting pretty good with Samus, her meteor smash is second only to Ganondorf.

My top five are probably:
1.- Ike
2.- Lucas
3.- Ganondorf
4.- Link or Snake
5.- Marth

I hate jigglypuff, though.
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #303
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Agreed about Lucas vs. Ness. Lucas is much better. Like I said earlier, Lucas' up-smash > all.

My top 5 is based on how much fun I have playing as a character. Because of Jigglypuff's (mostly) useless specials and because she's so easy to send flying, I start out every game with her by accepting that I am about to lose, regardless of skill level. That way, even when I get my ass kicked up and down the stage, at the end of the game I say "Oh well" and laugh at the one or two people I actually managed to kill. So I end up having fun no matter what happens. Recently however, I have had limited success with Jigglypuff, but I still accept any and all losses with her peacefully.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #304
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
Regarding mains, while Marth is my absolute best character, he's part of a top 5 that I especially enjoy playing as. I enjoy playing as pretty much everyone, so I almost always just pick Random, but when it lands on one of my top 5, it usually leads to a fun match. Those are Marth, Luigi, Kirby, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Donkey Kong, and Jigglypuff.
Oh. I just go down a line of characters, in the end using them all. My posse of five characters would include Marth, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Samus, and Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight
With Ness, my strategy usually consists of: 1) Wait. 2) Jump. 3) Use PK Thunder to launch myself at someone, and hopefully kill them. 4) Repeat. I use his other moves as a means of making sure I have the time and space to do those steps. Works out pretty well for me, lol.
I usually avoid Ness, but I use charged Standard Moves. And they're pretty weak, too. >.> So, yeah, my Bumblebee Boy is of no use to me. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight
You know who I really dislike? Samus. I just can't finish anyone with her for my life. I know there are people who are good with her, but I mainly get kills with her from Final Smashes.
Her Final Smash is amazing. :-O!
I don't know why I'm good with her, I just do stuff. It's been a long time since I've actually played Melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevi View Post
I hate jigglypuff, though.
Quote:
Recently however, I have had limited success with Jigglypuff, but I still accept any and all losses with her peacefully.
One move - Rest. : D
Also whenever I go against Jigglypuff with friends, I normally try to force them to use their shield to the max. ;D
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #305
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

Rest doesn't do so much in brawl though, SL.
And I think it's harder to use.

Quote:
Ah, but compared to the last Smash Bros. game, Rest has had its power reduced, hasn’t it?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden10.html

Yeah, see, I thought so.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #306
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

Oh. Well, then Jigglypuff's Final Smash is pretty damaging, especially if you've been put to sleep and are right next to her. <.<

Well, I had another chance to play Brawl again at another family member's house. And you guys are right. Lucas is pretty strong. o.o
Old 07-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #307
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Howdy, I don't get to play the game as much as I might like, but I think I might be interested in this little club!

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #308
Sevi
Toothpick

If you want to, just list us in your sig or grab a banner.
=)

Crap.
Think of a new topic, guys. This place is semi-dead. >.<

Erm

Can you/Do you use Meteor Smashes effectively?
Meteor Smashes Info
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #309
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

Not frequently. I occasionally attempt one, though, and I usually fail. >_<

This is a bit random, but I was wondering, of the 3 Landmasters, which is your favorite? Before you say "But they're all the same!", they're not. There are differences which you should notice, but I'm too lazy to list them.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #310
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Hmmm . . . I guess I'd want to know quick ways of unlocking all the characters again. I played through the story, then my daughter accidently erased our data - so now I got to start from scratch . .. yeessh!

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #311
Sevi
Toothpick

Quote:
Not frequently. I occasionally attempt one, though, and I usually fail. >_<
I try to, but it's usually 50/50 chance that I'll get it right.
I've done it most with Ganondorf though, it's just easier to do it with him.

Quote:
This is a bit random, but I was wondering, of the 3 Landmasters, which is your favorite? Before you say "But they're all the same!", they're not. There are differences which you should notice, but I'm too lazy to list them.
Wolf's
I think =/

It's the most powerful
But it lasts too little

Yours?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #312
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Ooh, I love Meteor Smashes! Especially when you send them downwards! I can't do them "effectively", though, because then I have an issue recovering...

And I guess I've only used Fox's Final Smash, no one else's.
Welcome, Highspeed!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #313
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevi View Post
I try to, but it's usually 50/50 chance that I'll get it right.
I've done it most with Ganondorf though, it's just easier to do it with him.

Wolf's
I think =/

It's the most powerful
But it lasts too little

Yours?
I usually try with Marth, because I can remember which midair attack of his can meteor smash off the top of my head (it's down). If I plan to do it with other characters, usually I try testing it with solid ground below in case I screw up. My biggest problem when meteor smashing is that I'll sail right past the person without doing the meteor smash in time, and then when I try to recover, they're holding onto the edge, so I can't. >_>

My favorite is Falco's, without a doubt. My usual tactic is to get as many enemies as possible onto the Landmaster and fly them up off the screen. If I'm fast enough the first time, I can do it again when they finally drop down after respawning. Fox's isn't great at flying, and Wolf's doesn't last long enough to do it the second time; besides, I don't need a strong cannon or the ability to maneuver on the ground with my strategy.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #314
Sevi
Toothpick

Not me.
I just blast.
=/
I'm not too good with the Landmasters, actually.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #315
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

Well, that's why. >_<

I did a perfect Meteor Smash the other day. I knocked my brother (Snake) off the stage, he did his up-B to recover, I jumped, shouted "RECOVERY REJECTED!" and meteor smashed him to hell. It was epic. I was so proud of myself.