Naruto Chapter 390 Discussions - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Naruto Chapter 390 Discussions

Here's a link to the Chinese scanlation of chapter 390 enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8yjdottm45j

Confirmed spoiler text.
Zetsu: Unbelievable! He put out fire with fire! Simply focusing your sight on the target makes it burst into black flames! These won't extinguish until the target's been charred to a crisp - works even on fire itself!

Amaterasu erupts on Sasuke's wing.

Sasuke: Guaaah!

Zetsu: So Itachi wins after all! He's stopped Amaterasu. He's going after his eyes.

As Itachi attempts to touch Sasuke's collapsed body, it melts away. Orochimaru's kawarimi!

Sasuke: Just the moment I've been waiting for! (He activates the curse seal level 2).

Itachi puts his hands to his eye and coughs blood repeatedly.

Sasuke "Katon, Gouryuuka no jutsu!"

(Gouryuuka: Grand Dragon Fire)

Dragon shaped flames strike Itachi's right arm.

Both (Sasuke and Itachi) are now panting violently.

Zetsu: They both look exhausted. I'd say they're out of chakra.

Sasuke's curse seal disappears.

Sasuke: I guess this'll be my last jutsu.

Itachi: Drop the act - sharingan detects chakra, and I can tell you're out of it.

Itachi: You used Orochimaru's kawarimi no jutsu to dodge Amaterasu. It's quite effective, but uses up a great deal of chakra.

Zetsu: Oh, I see. Since Sasuke absorbed Orochimaru...

Sasuke: Yeah, I'm out of chakra, alright - all of it went into that last Katon...but you really think I'd come here to kill you, without doing anything beforehand? It's the same...just like Amaterasu...you can't dodge it. Now then, the moment you've been waiting for: my rendition of your death!

Sasuke finally defeats Itachi! Next issue: "The ace up his sleeve!"

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 02-22-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Kira
Genin

Kira has a spectacular aura aboutKira has a spectacular aura aboutKira has a spectacular aura aboutKira has a spectacular aura aboutKira has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto Chapter 390 Discussions

Cool. Hope something big happends this time.

Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Whip87
Genin

Whip87 is an unknown quantity at this point

YES!!!!!!!! Sasuke no longer has any wings in CS2. I hated how he looked with wings. Now both of them are gone!!
Whip87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
liuaishan
Special Jounin

liuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to behold

wwwwooooooooo!!!! first of all hugs for veng for the raw. yaaaay!! Now:

- I have to admit the whole Amaterasu render was just awesome. If I didn't know already that Sasuke got away, I would have been shocked at the sight of Sasuke on the ground. it was great.

- I didn't get a part. If that was a melting Bunshin, and Sasuke was already downstairs, than what was with that bunshin, it looked like it melt and somehow went back to sasuke. (???)

- and if the bunshin was hit and not the real sasuke, doesn't that mean that the real sasuke is supposed to have that wing? I haven't seen it, or he probably didn't show it?

- I totally looooved those fire dragons. They were just aaaawesome!!! Now, if they fried Itachi's hand, does that mean he can't do hand seals anymore?

- Itachi's eye looked empty at some point, waw, like totally blinded. It was temporary I believe.

- overall the chapter was really active... both action and talk. AND I LOVED THE NARUTO COVER YAAAAAAAY!!!! Can't wait to see him again.

- are we missing a page? or the chapter really has 16 pages. Haven't seen 16 in long. Kishi keeps us on fire aaargh.

member of

member of zis awesome
forum full of elite members <3
- Anime Dreamz -
liuaishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
uzumaki619
Chuunin

uzumaki619 will become famous soon enoughuzumaki619 will become famous soon enough

show me some pics

uzumaki619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

thanks liuaishan Yeah the way he got away is weird... I think its the same replacement Orochimaru used to escape Anko. Nami was claiming snakes but I'm not seeing any snakes in that chapter. Or am I missing it? The dragon flames were awesome. Itachi seems blind in 1 eye while Sasuke is out of chakra... No more oversized hands on Sasuke's back it seems. I guess Kishi got turned off from Sasuke's look & decided to change it. Anyway I have to get to work so later.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #7
liuaishan
Special Jounin

liuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to behold

but it's weird. Why did the original lose the wing, coz I've seen him downstairs before the clone melted. Unless they kinda merged? makes no sense. And I haven't seen snakes either.

but personally I like Sasuke with no wings better. I know they were really reaaaaaally useful, but he's a lot cooler without them. XD I didn't like the hands idea DX Apparently Kishi agrees haha.

have fun at work btw.

member of

member of zis awesome
- Anime Dreamz -
Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #8
Craigkage
Jounin

Craigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura about

Have you noticed in page 13 how Itachi is now totally blind in his right eye? Poor guy..

Great melting effects... Come on Sasuke.... In the words of mortal Kombat "Finish him!"

Craigkage is now the proud owner of a Dragon Box
Craigkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
liuaishan
Special Jounin

yah, the eye was so white. Almost reminded me of byakugan. At least he has the other eye that he sees well with. Almost well at least.

I liked it that in some panel we still has some amaterasu flames left. Awesome. I wonder if Itachi or Sasuke will make any use of them in the future jutsus. Like some improvising haha.

EDIT:
I just noticed. If Itachi burns everything in his sight, does that mean Sasuke is faster than Itachi's sight if he managed to run from the flames for a few moments? waaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!

member of

member of zis awesome
- Anime Dreamz -

Last edited by liuaishan; 02-22-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

Ditto w/ liuaishan - thanks vengence

I don't think you should worry, his wings will comeback when he gets more chakra. Remeber, he regenerated them once before during the Deidara fight. He just sacrificed them for the opening. Everything can be used as a tool for a ninja. The reason why he can't, he's choosing not to regenerate them caz he's saving his last bit for his "ace up his sleeve". I just wanna say this, Itachi got his left eye, how i don't know, but he better be thankful so he can see a lil better.

And Itachi manipulating the Ameratasu like that... pure genius. He was going to get his guy, just that Sasuke had one up'ed him again. He better kiss the ground Oro walks on...well his surrounding area in his dimension caz w/o him, he'd have no chance to win... even w/ Deidara (strong maybe on that one)

kenneth20748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
liuaishan
Special Jounin

no, he didn't regenerate that wing. He replaced it with snakes, but it wasn't the original hand wing. In the end he only had one wing, and now none?

your post just made me wonder. If Sasuke defeats Itachi and his body is not totally destroyed, what if Oro jumps in Itachi's body and take over with, before his heart stops beating? He always wanted Itachi anyway.

but he'd have a grudge on sasuke and probably attack him So that won't happen.

member of

member of zis awesome
- Anime Dreamz -
Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #12
lan2cp
Chuunin

lan2cp has a spectacular aura aboutlan2cp has a spectacular aura aboutlan2cp has a spectacular aura aboutlan2cp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuaishan View Post
- I didn't get a part. If that was a melting Bunshin, and Sasuke was already downstairs, than what was with that bunshin, it looked like it melt and somehow went back to sasuke. (???)
I think he melted through the crack to indicate Itachi's position.

Quote:
- and if the bunshin was hit and not the real sasuke, doesn't that mean that the real sasuke is supposed to have that wing? I haven't seen it, or he probably didn't show it?
You got me on that one.

Quote:
- Itachi's eye looked empty at some point, waw, like totally blinded. It was temporary I believe.
I think he is blinded completely from that eye since MS gradually blinds the eye depending which technique it uses. And when he was preparing MS, they showed a pic of sasuke from Itachi's point of view, and he was almost completly blind from that eye.

Quote:
- overall the chapter was really active... both action and talk. AND I LOVED THE NARUTO COVER YAAAAAAAY!!!! Can't wait to see him again.
When I saw the Naruto cover, I thought that we were gonna see at least a couple of panels of the Konoha fight.

Quote:
- are we missing a page? or the chapter really has 16 pages. Haven't seen 16 in long. Kishi keeps us on fire aaargh.
No I think page 4 is two pages.

BeST P0ST EveR <---------

Last edited by lan2cp; 02-22-2008 at 08:16 AM.
lan2cp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #13
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
no, he didn't regenerate that wing. He replaced it with snakes, but it wasn't the original hand wing. In the end he only had one wing, and now none?

your post just made me wonder. If Sasuke defeats Itachi and his body is not totally destroyed, what if Oro jumps in Itachi's body and take over with, before his heart stops beating? He always wanted Itachi anyway.

but he'd have a grudge on sasuke and probably attack him So that won't happen.
I know Oro is watching this fight too and he can clearly see Itachi is broken (not positively) caz Sasuke has proven as such.

Although, no matter who he jumps to, he'll have the advantage of having his own powers in a Uchiha. So Sasuke would lose caz of so much power he's be losing. I like this liuaishan...

And does Sasuke comes with a limited amount of snakes? I thought it's dependent on the chakra you have.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #14
liuaishan
Special Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lan2cp View Post
I think he melted through the crack to indicate Itachi's position.
mm, quite clever, I didn't think of that. Or else Sasuke didn't know where to hit.

Quote:
You got me on that one.
and I think the translation won't explain much. Unless other people can come with an explanation.

Quote:
I think he is blinded completely from that eye since MS gradually blinds the eye depending which technique it uses. And when he was preparing MS, they showed a pic of sasuke from Itachi's point of view, and he was almost completly blind from that eye.
well not really... you see, when we saw Sasuke from Itachi's eyes, it wasn't his real vision. It was just the side effects that the tsukyomi had on his eyes. So for the next minute he couldn't concentrate well. But the sight got cleared after a while. He turned off the MS for 2 seconds to rest and then turned it on again for the amaterasu. But his vision didn't deteriorate with too much than it was before the fight. Maybe just a little bit, but the blinding doesn't go that fast. Coz he used the MS a lot more over these years. So it doesn't blind that fast in just one fight.

Quote:
When I saw the Naruto cover, I thought that we were gonna see at least a couple of panels of the Konoha fight.
you kidding me? when saw it, I rushed through the pages hoping I see some panels of Konoha 8. lol no luck.
But the uchiha fight threatens to be over soon since they are out of chakra. I thought it would be a lot longer than 10-12 chapters. I wonder what kishi plans to do. Probably get a trick of fighting with no chakra? or they have some chakra reserves somewhere? hmm...

Quote:
No I think page 4 is two pages.
indeed, I did not pay attention that they only numbered it 4. and not 4-5. I need to pay more attention lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth20748 View Post
I know Oro is watching this fight too and he can clearly see Itachi is broken (not positively) caz Sasuke has proven as such.

Although, no matter who he jumps to, he'll have the advantage of having his own powers in a Uchiha. So Sasuke would lose caz of so much power he's be losing. I like this liuaishan...

And does Sasuke comes with a limited amount of snakes? I thought it's dependent on the chakra you have.
I do wonder. Coz if Oro is somehow able to get out of Sasuke, although don't see how, with Sasuke's will (unless he's weakened by the fight), anyway, if oro transfers to Itachi, doesn't it mean Sasuke loses all Oro's abilities? The white snake's healing ability for example.

and I think the snakes are dependent of his chakra. He can't do them if he doesn't get enough chakra. But still the CS2 should be in full package, with wings also, no matter how little chakra he has left.

But sasuke had to give up the CS2 in the end. I guess he really IS out of chakra, or so he shows. I see the CS wasn't used too much this fight so far, but it was really helpful when used.

member of

member of zis awesome
- Anime Dreamz -
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #15
kenneth20748
Chuunin

Quote:
I do wonder. Coz if Oro is somehow able to get out of Sasuke, although don't see how, with Sasuke's will (unless he's weakened by the fight), anyway, if oro transfers to Itachi, doesn't it mean Sasuke loses all Oro's abilities? The white snake's healing ability for example.

and I think the snakes are dependent of his chakra. He can't do them if he doesn't get enough chakra. But still the CS2 should be in full package, with wings also, no matter how little chakra he has left.

But sasuke had to give up the CS2 in the end. I guess he really IS out of chakra, or so he shows. I see the CS wasn't used too much this fight so far, but it was really helpful when used.
Hold on there, when you say the CS2 should be in full package, I though Sasuke had control over his whole CS2 body where he can partial transform. If he can command CS2 wings while he is normal (during the original CS guy fight, he mentions that he can partial transform too) Why can he do that under CS2. if it about chakra, he was smart in not regenerating it, just my opinion thought, not to say you're completely off base