The Anime/Manga Pairings FC - Page 12 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #166
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto Pairings FC

More fuel for the fire >_<

Aw, cute ^_^

If NaruSaku ever happens this is how I see it happening. With Sakura making the first move.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #167
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralatone View Post
More fuel for the fire >_<

Aw, cute ^_^

If NaruSaku ever happens this is how I see it happening. With Sakura making the first move.
Yep Yep! That's why my story is the way it is. I'm almost finished with the re-write. The last chapter has the most added.

ZOMG that Sakura and Itachi pic is sexy. I think Sakura has that side to her, and I've read some pretty good fan fics with her and Itachi, but I don't like the pairing either, lol.

I think you misunderstood me a little mosoukashinobi. BOTH Sakura and Naruto have barriers up. And they both don't even admit it to themselves.
I can of spoke out of context based on ralatone's previous post though.

Sakura's barrier is the key however, and no she's not going to just go for second best. Naruto has a shot at being first best, but there are conditions to be met. (Please don't make me explain those again)

The idea is that Naruto would WORRY about being second best, but he's not going to blow her off.

Ah, hell . . . just read my story, it explains everything. Read Caapter 2 and the beggening of 6 just for the NaruHina moments if you want . . . I don't care, lol.

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #168
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed0516 View Post

ZOMG that Sakura and Itachi pic is sexy. I think Sakura has that side to her, and I've read some pretty good fan fics with her and Itachi, but I don't like the pairing either, lol.
I think Sakura has a wild side too, but its still majorly OOC for her to be with anyone from Akatsuki, espeically her greatest enemy. XD I support and like a lot of crack pairings, but rarely do I like any mutual Akatsuki pairings. o.o Unless its DeiSaso or DeiTobi ;3 lmao

I also don't mind the idea of Sasori wanting Sakura as a puppet and developing a bit of a, ah, unhealthy interest in her. /fanart is purdy too. lol

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #169
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
I also don't mind the idea of Sasori wanting Sakura as a puppet and developing a bit of a, ah, unhealthy interest in her. /fanart is purdy too. lol

Ewwwww! Would he even make her puppet capable . . .well I guess he is the master puppet ninja.

*Draws line on the ground*

Yep, I think we just crossed it.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #170
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO.

*looks down at line*

Oh yah, its been crossed. XD

and just to clarify, I don't like the idea of him actually making her into a puppet or anything. XD

fanart o.o

sadly I don't have the fanart I really want to share uploaded. u_u I will have to find it and do so soon. XD

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #171
musoukaShinobi
Academy Student

musoukaShinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The idea is that Naruto would WORRY about being second best, but he's not going to blow her off.
Ah. I see. :P

Quote:
Ewwwww! Would he even make her puppet capable . . .well I guess he is the master puppet ninja.

*Draws line on the ground*

Yep, I think we just crossed it.
Dude. That's just.....no.

KEEP THE FAN ART COMING!!!
Naruto Pairings FC

musoukaShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #172
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
I see. That's how I see Sakura -> Sasuke. She's worked so hard to become who she is now, confessed love, matured because of those feelings (and other influences, of course), and has put an incredible amount of effort into her love for Sasuke. Also I think Sasuke, as the one character who needs the most healing in the series, should end up with the girl who's desire to heal is very powerful and who has already shown a willingness to stay by his side unconditionally. Which he was grateful for.
the funny thing is that the entirety of that section could be replaced with the words Hinata and Naruto for Sakura and Sasuke respectively and it works perfectly. I think that definitely shows, at least partially, why people most often like one and the other (unless there is severe hatred for either Sasuke or Sakura, which I have seen which screws with it.)

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #173
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

LOl. At last someone has put the "love chain" into words. This is sort of a theme in a lot of anime and manga. I wonder what cultural significance it has that you always have someone chasing another person except that if they just turned around they might find something good.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #174
ralatone
Chuunin

Quote:
LOl. At last someone has put the "love chain" into words. This is sort of a theme in a lot of anime and manga. I wonder what cultural significance it has that you always have someone chasing another person except that if they just turned around they might find something good.
Thats what Sakura is starting to realize lol.

It only took her 3 years and one missing emo to show her that though.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #175
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
you are referring to me? So you are saying that if (for example in the metaphor), If Naruto turns around, with Hinata chasing him, he will find something good, i.e. Hinata??? I'm not sure I completely got what you said correctly.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:58 PM   #176
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

That's the basis of it, i.e. if Sasuke turns around, he'll find Sakura, if she turns around, she (maybe) would find Naruto, and if Naruto turns around, he'd find Hinata. Hell, the only thing that would make this more confusing and horrible as an arguement would be if Sasuke wanted Hinata. don't go into the fanfic idea of a maybe he could situation with SasuHina...I hate those so much.

The key to most NaruHina and SasuSaku advocates is that we usually advocate both, and to prove our point of each pairing, we argue two pairings, one for Naruto, and one for Sakura, that are just as good, have almost equal development (development =/= time together or appearances in the manga) that prevent NaruSaku. Thus, we've got two pairings worth of development and series basis that is equal or stronger than NaruSaku, while NaruSaku advocates have opinionated ideas along with either equal or lesser develoment in respect to both of the pairings it matches up against. True, it does mean that you face tougher odds, and I commend you for attempting to argue as the underdog, but at the same time, that in and of itself is another peice of info to go along for NaruHina and SasuSaku respectively and against NaruSaku.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #177
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Hang on . . . did NaruSaku just get called the underdog?

Yes, you understood what I was trying to say HinataFanX, but I wasn't commenting on the pairings at all.

I was commenting on a romantic theme often found with manga. And I was trying to spark a conversation on culture. I think part of the reason you THINK NaruSaku has less of a chance is primarily because of some of those cultural aspcts I was hoping to explore.

Ralatone made it about the pairings, which is fine, but don't presume to know which pairing has a better chance . . . because you don't. (From the big three - nobody does but Kishi)

Old 03-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #178
ralatone
Chuunin

I also dont understand why people assume that if say Naruto really does end up with Hinata, that it automatically means that Sasuke will end up with Sakura. Like highspeed said, that we shouldn't presume that one pair has a better chance than another, because for all we know they may all end up with someone totally different. That's also not including the fact that any of these characters could be killed off before they can express their true emotions. So to say the one pair is more likely to happen than another is just wishful thinking.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #179
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

I really don't think any of them will be killed off - to me, Kishi proved with Neji, Chouji, and Gaara that he's not going to kill anyone from this generation. I would say Sasuke has the highest chance, but even that, is incredibly low from my pov and general feeling I get from the series. It's hopeful, it's about overcoming obstacles and is basically very idealistic. /kinda why I love it, me thinks. XD Sasuke's survival is tied to Naruto and Sakura's life goals... And I know I would really hate an ending like that. Pairings be damned. T_T Just give me Team 07! XD

There are dark aspects, of course. I just think the light shines through, so to speak.

Funny you should bring up culture HS, I recently read an interesting livejournal entry about sex and romance in Japan, from a foreign woman's pov. (I believe she was from Australia.) Unforunately, it seems she's made the post private. =/ I wanted to share it with you guys, but I can find a little that people posted in the SS FC over at NF.

Quote:
Flirting seems like a misnomer. It's more like an absense of flirting. If you like someone in Japan, there are a couple of different ways of showing it and/or approaching them, none of which really resemble flirting in the west.

The pickup - The negotiation through a third party:
1. Nanpa (the "pickup")
First off, only guys do nanpa; in the rare case that girls do it, it's called gyaku-nan ("reverse nanpa"), but I never heard of gyaku-nan actually happening, it always seemed like it was more of an amusing theoretical idea, rather than something girls really did.

Nanpa only refers to the case when you don't know the other person at all, and you want to pick them up. Nanpa is direct. "You're cute. What's your name? Do you have time? Let's go somewhere." That is the classic script of nanpa. It can be shortened to just: "Kawaii yo. Jikan aru?" If you hear that, you're being nanpa-ed. Of course, if you are a non-Asian foreigner, you will probably never hear that, because Japanese guys are too shy to try and nanpa a white or black woman. Most Japanese guys are too shy to nanpa at all. If you ask a Japanese if he has ever done nanpa, he'll probably say, "ZOMG! No way! I'm too embarrassed!" since nanpa is direct, and mostly, if you are Japanese and you like someone, you embark on a series of subtle, indirect stealth manoeuvres, because liking prohibits action, especially for women, but also for men.

Why is this the case? Japanese social interaction is all about intuiting the other person's wishes without discussing them openly, at the same time that they are intuiting your wishes without discussing them openly, so that although nothing is ever verbalised, the two of you will always exist in a compromise position of equilibrium. If you like someone, that intuitive part goes into overdrive, because you should be able to understand everything about that person without them ever telling you, and you should be able to please them without ever asking how, even more than you would with a normal person. So it's more important than ever to be indirect. Which leads me to:

2. Negotiating through a third party
Again, it's not really flirting, but since flirting is showing your feelings openly--that is, pushing your feelings onto another person, which is direct and rude--it's better to show no sign to the other person and meanwhile exploit the back channels. Sort of like in high school. So that convoluted human chain whereby: you like Hiro and you tell Junko that you think Hiro has a nice smile knowing that Junko will intuit that you want to know if Hiro likes you back, since Junko is friends with Goro who is friends with Hiro and Junko will talk to Goro and Goro will bring it up with Hiro etc etc etc etc etc etc. Once everything is confirmed, Hiro will ask you out. (The girl ask the guy out? Ahahahaha. Be serious.)

If you don't have a third party to negotiate for you, you may be forced to use other methods, all of them so subtle that a westerner may not even notice them at all.

3. Subtle signals

- Shyness. Pronounced shyness is form of flirting, since it's a sign of liking, especially from girls, but also from guys. She interacts with everyone else more than him, she doesn't sit next to him, she doesn't talk much to him, she doesn't initiate anything with him.
- Attentiveness. You make life easier for the other person without being asked to. For example, when you got to a restaurant in Japan it's normal to share food, so flirting means not ordering what you like, but ordering what s/he likes, which you already know without asking, because you're observant. Stuff like that.
- Eye contact. It's the opposite to the west, where you gaze deeply into someone's eyes if you like them. Direct eye contact is a bit rude in Japan at the best of times. If you're flirting you look down and away a lot.
- Indirect compliments. I can't think of a good example. It's pretty rare to give direct compliments and even more rare to compliment someone's looks. (It's especially rare for guys to compliment girls directly.) I wish I could think of a good example! I'll come back to this one.
Unfortunately, not much on sex was posted at the FC, so... sorry guys. But she did mention that sex is structured in Japan, like most aspects of their social interactions, and there's a distinct active/passive role. Guys are generally active, and they are responsible for the sex and directing the girl, who, according to how she explained it, basically lays there like a rock, kissing submissively and being directed by the guy. <_<;

And she said that Japanese guys stress out about sex way more than Westerners. Also, Japanese prefer to shower before and after sex - they don't like to do it spontaneously. Here's another little section that was posted that kinda touches on that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ''"
In Japan, you can't get in the front door and immediately start stripping each other's clothes off in the hallway. Well, you can, and your Japanese partner will probably acquiesce because they are Japanese, but deep down they will be hideously uncomfortable and thinking, "Sex? But I'm not mentally prepared! I haven't done my kokoro no junbi! And she hasn't had a shower! And I haven't had a shower! This is kind of gross!"
And apparently, Kokoro no junbi, is the phrase that Hinata uses in Part II when she encounters Naruto again. Thought IMC and HFX would like that. ^^

Here's more info on kokoro no junbi:
Quote:
Kokoro no junbi -- it's one of those words/phrases that doesn't really have a direct translation in English. I think the closest we have is "psyching yourself up" but it's not quite the same. Mental preparation? Kokoro no junbi is like . . . you're sitting at home on the couch reading a book, and your friend calls you up and says, "Do you want to come see this movie that starts in twenty minutes?" and you would love to see the movie, and it's not as if you have anything better to do, but somehow it's hard to get your mind to switch tracks from "I'm at home now" to "suddenly going out". That is, there's nothing wrong with the idea of going out except that it's somehow too sudden. You're not mentally prepared. If you only had an hour or two grace time you'd feel completely different about everything, because you'd have absorbed 'yes, I'm going out to see a movie' and you'd been in a different frame of mind. That mental adjustment is kokoro no junbi.

My experience was that Japanese people needed more time for kokoro no junbi than EG Australians. A lot of my Japanese friends didn't like (for example) making same day plans because it didn't give them enough time for junbi. (I guess in general spontaneity is frowned on in Japan because it's selfish -- you haven't taken enough time to suss out what the other person wants before acting.)
So in a way, for Hinata, there is a without-Naruto in Konoha and a with-Naruto in Konoha state, and they are so different, she has to prepare her heart and mind to it. Awwww XD /thats how I interpreted it, anyway.

-----> OF COURSE ~ ~ ~
Don't take this as entirely fact or anything. XD Its definitely not a highly researched post, but it was informative and reflective of this woman's experiences and insights, which is very entertaining if nothing else.

I'm sure if you wanted to get a more researched and thorough view/analysis, there are books or sites related to the subject. I don't have any recs, since I've just recently decided to dedicate more time to learning about the Japanese cutlure specifically. 'Bout time too. XD

edit - Oh and ~

Happy Birthday, I'MNOTCRAZY!
Hope it goes well for you ~

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 03-28-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #180
musoukaShinobi
Academy Student

musoukaShinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOOO!! HAPPY B-DAY I'MNOTCRAZY!! Have a good one

Quote:
I really don't think any of them will be killed off - to me, Kishi proved with Neji, Chouji, and Gaara that he's not going to kill anyone from this generation. I would say Sasuke has the highest chance, but even that, is incredibly low from my pov and general feeling I get from the series. It's hopeful, it's about overcoming obstacles and is basically very idealistic. /kinda why I love it, me thinks. XD Sasuke's survival is tied to Naruto and Sakura's life goals... And I know I would really hate an ending like that. Pairings be damned. T_T Just give me Team 07! XD
I think Kishi will eventually kill someone, just to twist it around a bit. Hell, it may be Sasuke, judging from the most recent chapter...I hope not. I kinda want to see team 7 again, but if you think about it, they won't be team 7. Sakura is a Chunnin, Naruto might as well be, and Sasuke....well, he won't be willing to just sit back down and be quiet. He's already done a whole bunch of stuff that would basicly make him a criminal, anyways.
Naruto Pairings FC

musoukaShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote