The Anime/Manga Pairings FC - Page 15 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #211
musoukaShinobi
Academy Student

musoukaShinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto Pairings FC

Quote:
But see, thats why NaruSaku is so great. Because they are a perfect balance of cuteness, passion, and seriousness. Compared to NaruHina which is all fluff, and to SasuSaku which is all serious. Also NaruHina is far from even having the serious vibe that SasuSaku give off, in turn SasuSaku are far from showing that fluffy stuff that NaruHina give up.

Thats where NaruSaku comes in with the perfect balance
Yeah I guess you have a point there, but if a pairing was all serious, wouldn't you have to take it, well, seriously? Like for SasuSaku, NO fluff whatsoever, but still...if it was, that would but kinda weird in Sasuke's direction, and Sakura is not intending to be all giggly I-have-a-crush about this, she's serious right? So I'm not saying this is seriously gonna happen, but it seriously has a huge chance, right?....Seriously....
Naruto Pairings FC

musoukaShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #212
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road

...What the hell are you talking about ? -_-
Old 04-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #213
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralatone View Post
But see, thats why NaruSaku is so great. Because they are a perfect balance of cuteness, passion, and seriousness. Compared to NaruHina which is all fluff, and to SasuSaku which is all serious. Also NaruHina is far from even having the serious vibe that SasuSaku give off, in turn SasuSaku are far from showing that fluffy stuff that NaruHina give up.

I wouldn't say that SasuSaku is all seriousness. There were some pretty amusing scenes in the beginning between them, imo, and I think if Sasuke is to have a change of heart and return to Konoha, and reciporcate Sakura's feelings, there would be a lot of cute, awkward moments with him trying to find the right way to express himself and affection towards her. And that, I find absolutely adorable. XD 'Course I use my imagination for that. lol

NaruHina isn't all fluff either. Hinata's unconditional acceptance and admiration of Naruto is fully serious and emotional. And when Naruto swore on her blood? Yeah.. that's powerful.

I think all three are pretty well balanced, but that's just me.

edit

Here's a cool SasuSaku music video. Its mostly scenes from Part II.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q1PIY3Cg_6M

edit edit 8]

I liked this analysis of a SasuSaku scene in the preliminaries. I'm not sure what chapter or episode it is off the top of my head, but hopefully you guys will remember it. The post starts off describing why she liked SasuSaku in the beginning and the gets the scene that she really enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pulchritudinous
I've definitely answered this, but I will again. Honestly, I loved it from the very start, because I always had some sort of inkling of Sakura's immaturity, Sasuke's reclusiveness, and these defining but unfavourable qualities in both of them, would change. It was inevitable that there would be struggles in their individual characterization [s] and personalities, and I thought them coming together when they both possessed that strange sense of need [ because truthfully, I cannot see either of them ending up alone; Sakura has too much love to give, and Sasuke would be in a twisted sense of guilt and self-destruction, most likely dying before trying to live again on his own ], was so appealing.

But in the beginning, I was content with watching Sasuke repeatedly try to be cold and continually soften; with Sakura being a shallow braggart and having her wake-up calls, as she learned, a little girl with so much potential, just not knowing how to let it all out.

Forest of Death has always been my favourite arc within the series; it defines the integrity of so many different characters that were present throughout. Following this is the Chuunin exams, and that is when I see the startling indication of reaction or rather, an indication, from Sasuke.

He is used to Sakura pouring her heart out, but this time the reality is all too real for both of them. Sakura realizes how dangerous the Curse Seal is, and she knows that it affects Sasuke in ways that not only frighten her, but she is frightened for him, because he is too immersed in wanting power and being in considerable pain to be scared for himself. Sasuke never worries about trivial things, and has no hesitation in pushing himself; Sakura has always been the one to worry in his regard.

Despite knowing full well he intends to continue the Chuunin exams, even if in pain, she resolves to help him, in the way she knows how. She does not want him destroying himself.

"I [...] have to tell them." (Sakura)

Even when he grabs her hand and holds it down, telling her she cannot, she continues.

"I can't stand to see you suffer this way!" (Sakura)

Even Naruto notices how frightened she is for him; despite the tears, she is clearly raising her voice at him [ and people think she is a doormat around him? ] He does not respond, and he right well should not because she has a point.

Still a doormat? "I'm going to tell them [ the teachers ] about the mark!" (Sakura)

He does not deny his pain, does not tell her she is wrong, because she is not.

"I don't want to see you suffer [ ing ] anymore... To me, you are-" (Sakura)

Sasuke cuts her off, though. Frankly, I think it is clear that he already knows what he is to her, whether he reciprocates it at all or not.

"I can't forgive even you, if you take that away from me." (Sasuke)

He singles her out. And why would he make this a point at all if her opinion or her care did not matter to him? If he truly did not care what she thought? The anime actually does a better portrayal of this scene, and their moment of staring at one another in silence.

At this point, the questions lie not in whether or not they are a potential pairing; they have their bond that holds romantic context, and they have problems surrounding them both. She wishes to care, she wishes to help him and save him and keep him from suffering; he cannot relent, no matter how much love he wants, no matter what he needs to pull his mind out of the darkness he is enveloped in.

This scene was pivotal in my eyes. It held undeniable emotion, it illustrated that Sakura is frightened for him, cares, is not a doormat, and even more telling is that Sasuke shows a reciprocation in his own way that is not saying "I care about you", straight out, because then, it would simply not be Sasuke-like.

Even more so, Naruto watches the entire thing, fairly uncomprehending as to why Sakura cares so much, and why Sasuke has to seemingly brush her off when really, he cannot let her in: Sasuke emotionally starves himself for the sake of his goal; he cannot afford to let her in.
Yah, I got the wording wrong in my other post. XD lol

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 04-01-2008 at 04:59 PM.
UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #214
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

Actually, NaruSaku doesn't some in much of a balance, as the balance of which you speak comes from their brother-sisterly bond. If they were a couple....*shudder* It would be where most fluff comes from Naruto and most seriousness comes from Sakura, and no, that doesn't mean they balance each other out, it means they are not suited for each other. Not to mention character traits between them now that, if kept in a pairing, would be terrible, and if lost, would totally ruin th basis of their characters and interaction.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #215
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

^ Eh, that's your view. XD

Kishimoto Interviews

Uzumaki: Naruto Artbook Interview
Official Fanbook Interview
Anime Book III Interview
American Shonen Jump Magazine Kishimoto Question&Answer
American Shonen Jump Magazine Interview
American Shonen Jump Magazine Early 2006 Interview
American Shonen Jump Magazine April 2007 Interview
Naruto Databook Interview
Naruto Collectors Book 3 Interview
Jump Festa- 2006 Interview
Jump Festa- 2007 Interview (Oda & Kishimoto)
Jump Festa- 2008 Interview

I haven't read them all yet, but I figured this would be fun for everyone. I, personally, am not sure if this is all of the interviews, but according to the person who posted these, it is.

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 04-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #216
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralatone View Post

uh... there's no balance. Naruto and Sakura are UNbalanced. I mean with Naruto's hyperactiveness and Sakura's "if you do anything that annoys me, I'm going to punch you with deadly force" attitude, all that couple is going to be is them fighting with brief periods of fluff/passion in between.

The great thing about NaruHina and SasuSaku is that it's likely if one occurs, the other will as well. So you get a package deal. ^_^ Fluff AND Passion for the price of ONE.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #217
ThePRODIGY
Chuunin

Location: walk three blocks down make a left then a right now do u see me
ThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really nice

so it's official okn ok

Great clubs come join
Owner of The konoha 12/Next Generation shinobi fc or k.12/n.g.s.fc
http://forums.narutocentral.com/show...27#post1471427
rocklee fc
naruto fc
naruto pairing fc
lol
ThePRODIGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #218
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

.. It's weird..
or should I say typical?

People like to exaggerate Hinata's shyness around Naruto...

People like to exaggerate Sasuke's treatment of Sakura....

People like to exaggerate Sakura's annoyance with Naruto...

Oh well ~ XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY View Post

The great thing about NaruHina and SasuSaku is that it's likely if one occurs, the other will as well. So you get a package deal. ^_^ Fluff AND Passion for the price of ONE.
=)
Another reason I prefer those two pairings... I just like the idea of the four standing together before Konoha at Naruto's inauguration as the (hopefully) 6th Hokage.

Imagine that... the demon fox container....
The 'failure' of the Hyuuga clan....
The last, traitorous Uchiha....
...and... Girl with large forehead? XD
All standing together, ready to seek the future of Konoha.

x3

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #219
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

I dunno... I saw a LOT more people up there... but those four in particular together.

ok, it's just that she DOES get annoyed by him a lot and if she was expecting even MORE from him, being his girlfriend, she would be annoyed more... and that's not pretty.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #220
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Well, yeah, of course, I imagine the other rookies behind them and Gaara there as well with Kankuro and Temari. (as well as Iruka, Kakashi, and Tsunade if she is alive D:)

But those three would be right behind Naruto. x3 lolz

Its true that she gets irritated with him, but its usually when he's perverted (Sakura's a closet perv, so I think in time she would come to be more accepting and less harsh on Naruto as she matures, just as I think Naruto will be less perverted as he matures). They are a lot like Tsunade and Jiraiya, but not exact replicas, and I don't see Naruto being nearly as epically perverted as Jiraiya and there has never been any indication that Tsunade is a perv (just a gambler and a lover of sake XD).

Other that that, she hits him when he fails to compliment her or remarks on her mega-strength. Which, I think, once again, would lessen with time as Naruto grows more intuitive toward Sakura's needs and Sakura becomes less self-conscious about her strength, and instead, views such comments as more of a positive and indication of her growth as a ninja. *shrugs*

I <3 SasuSaku <.< ..... >.>

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 04-01-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: what is with me today <.<
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #221
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

And therein lies the problem, large amounts of adjusting is required for NaruSaku, while none to minor adjustments need to be made for NaruHina and SasuSaku. Those two are already almost perfectly set up, while NaruSaku needs more work, and as of now their uncompatible, and that they need more work is not a good thing.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #222
musoukaShinobi
Academy Student

musoukaShinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...What the hell are you talking about ? -_-
Quick rant in Science class on school laptops X)

Quote:
Imagine that... the demon fox container....
The 'failure' of the Hyuuga clan....
The last, traitorous Uchiha....
...and... Girl with large forehead? XD
All standing together, ready to seek the future of Konoha.
As Uchiha Taijiya said, I see the other rookies there as well...especially Shikamaru, because of all the dramatic Asuma stuff that went on....
Naruto Pairings FC

musoukaShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #223
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Well, there is adjusting in SasuSaku... a lot, really, as Sasuke will have to rediscover how to love openly and securely... and how to be comfortable with himself... the two will have to, in a way, rediscover each other... Which I do not view as a bad thing, but it certainly is an adjustment.

NaruHina has a little, but I think those two have the least adjustment between them. Naruto just has to notice the depth of Hinata's feelings, and accept them, after that I don't see much of a problem.

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #224
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
I wouldn't say that SasuSaku is all seriousness. There were some pretty amusing scenes in the beginning between them, imo, and I think if Sasuke is to have a change of heart and return to Konoha, and reciprocate Sakura's feelings, there would be a lot of cute, awkward moments with him trying to find the right way to express himself and affection towards her. And that, I find absolutely adorable. XD 'Course I use my imagination for that. lol

NaruHina isn't all fluff either. Hinata's unconditional acceptance and admiration of Naruto is fully serious and emotional. And when Naruto swore on her blood? Yeah.. that's powerful.

I think all three are pretty well balanced, but that's just me.
I never said that SasuSaku was going to be totally serious, nor did I say that NaruHina would be totally fluffy. What I was trying to get at was that both of these pairings would be given two different types of vibes due to the personalities involved.

Sasuke is known to be a really serious person, and when Sakura is around him (later on in the story at least) she's pretty serious as well. I'm not saying that they couldn't lighten up, but it can only go so far to the point that they dint really hit there respected personalities.

Now on the flip side of the coin, Naruto is known to be a really energetic person, and Hinata is depicted as a cute shy character. In the end while there could be some serious moments between the two, this pairing would be alto more fluffy than anything else.

That brings me back to my original point, that while both these pairings could have moments that don't reflect their normal depiction, I'm sure you wont be seeing SasuSaku get to the high fluffy levels of NaruHina or NaruHina reaching the more serious levels of SasuSaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataFanX View Post
Actually, NaruSaku doesn't some in much of a balance, as the balance of which you speak comes from their brother-sisterly bond. If they were a couple....*shudder* It would be where most fluff comes from Naruto and most seriousness comes from Sakura, and no, that doesn't mean they balance each other out, it means they are not suited for each other. Not to mention character traits between them now that, if kept in a pairing, would be terrible, and if lost, would totally ruin the basis of their characters and interaction.
OK, first of all, until Sakura or Naruto actually say that they consider each other siblings then that point is invalid.

Secondly, they would be able to suit each other due to the fact that Naruto, while is normally shown off as a prankster, is pretty serious character as well, he just keeps it on the low more often. Now Sakura on the other hand is pretty balanced out herself, as she is a mature girl but she has had many moments that show that she can be a bit immature as well.

These are the qualities that would make them out to be a more balance couple with many things in common. Even if you don't want to believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY View Post
uh... there's no balance. Naruto and Sakura are UNbalanced. I mean with Naruto's hyper activeness and Sakura's "if you do anything that annoys me, I'm going to punch you with deadly force" attitude, all that couple is going to be is them fighting with brief periods of fluff/passion in between.

For your first point, read my response for HinataFan on my opinion on how I think there is a balance.

As for your second point, I don't believe that just because one may happen that it automatically means the other would happen. While it does bring the chances up, there could always be an unexpected occurrence later on in the manga that wouldn't allow for one pair to happen that includes NaruSaku.

It's kinda sad though that you need 2 pairs to do something that one pair alone can do. and that pair is NaruSaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
.. It's weird..
or should I say typical?
People like to exaggerate Hinata's shyness around Naruto...
People like to exaggerate Sasuke's treatment of Sakura....
People like to exaggerate Sakura's annoyance with Naruto...
Oh well ~ XD
People do it because they want to gain the upper hand when it comes down to these discussions...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #225
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataFanX View Post
And therein lies the problem, large amounts of adjusting is required for NaruSaku, while none to minor adjustments need to be made for NaruHina and SasuSaku. Those two are already almost perfectly set up, while NaruSaku needs more work, and as of now their uncompatible, and that they need more work is not a good thing.

Its not a problem. Its all relative. It depends on what kind of adjustments you think are more simple. (And now I will make arguments pointing out different kinds of bias)

Either taking someone you kind of like, deciding to date them, and eventually falling in love (while at the same time getting over the creepyness of having said person be already madly in love with you).

Or . . .

Admitting your own feelings for someone you are already in love with (or letting down your protective emotional defenses) and simply taking a risk on a love that you both understand is already there.

Or . . . (a bit off topic)

Succesfully managing to change heart of the person you love (Its important this person hold you with at least mild importance) by perservering through intense pain and neglect and managing to stay clear of the line crossing into obsession.

(Actually, this does sound a bit more difficult . . . but for some people its just the way they do things)

These three situations appeal to different people's relationship experiences in different ways, which is why there is such a great divide between the big three pairings.

But the adjustments to be made are just different, not more difficult.

I think NaruSaku is more balanced, and we're not talking personality types - we're talking emotional stress factor.

and the brother/sister argument . . . it just won't go away . . . but its for the same relative reasons listed above. Some people understand the love those feelings imply when mixed with other factors, and some feel that this causes the feeling to halt at that level and grow no further . . .

all based on bias. All correct in their own way.

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote