Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle Announced, DualShock 3 Priced and Dated, Red PSP GoW! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
jimmer45khb
Monkey D Luffy

jimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud of
Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle Announced, DualShock 3 Priced and Dated, Red PSP GoW!

Destination PlayStation News: MGS PS3 Bundle, Kratos PSP and DualShock3 Release Date

+ Posted by Al De Leon // PR Manager, SCEA

Not every video game event is a press and party extravaganza (like last week’s GDC). As a gamer, you may not have heard of Destination PlayStation - a meeting between Sony PlayStation, retailers, and 3rd party teams taking place right now in Arizona. But the discussions at DPS are generally pretty significant. Here’s what’s being announced RIGHT NOW.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP).

As has been announced previously, MGS4 will include a Metal Gear Online “Starter Pack.” If you can’t wait to try out MGS4, the good news is you don’t have to much longer. Those who pre-order the game will be guaranteed access to a multiplayer beta test for Metal Gear Online scheduled for late April.

God of War PSP Entertainment Pack
In June, a new PSP Entertainment Pack will be hitting stores, featuring the famous face of the Ghost of Sparta — Kratos. Here’s what you get in the bundle, which will be available for $199.99 (MSRP):

* Limited-Edition “Deep Red” PSP with Kratos silkscreened on the back
* God of War: Chains of Olympus
* Superbad on UMD video
* Voucher to download Syphon Filter: Combat Ops from PLAYSTATION Store for free

God of War: Chains of Olympus still arrives for PSP on March 4, 2008.

DUALSHOCK 3
The final piece of big news coming out of DPS is another much-requested release date: SCEA will introduce the DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for the first time in North America in April 2008 for $54.99 (MSRP). Compatible with more than 100 PS3 games, DUALSHOCK 3 has both rumble and motion-sending SIXAXIS technologies. So now you’ll be able to play Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and, yes, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots with rumble turned ON.

CO-Owner of The Nine-Tailed Fox Demons fc
One Piece FC
Final Fantasy FC
Proud Owner of
Kage FC
Member of
jimmer45khb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Assaulter
Symphony of Destruction

Assaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enough
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle Announced, DualShock 3 Priced and Dated, Red PSP Go

Wow. I want both. I might need to get a job again like seriously because it is killing me...

Thanks for the post man

Assaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
jimmer45khb
Monkey D Luffy

jimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud of
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle Announced, DualShock 3 Priced and Dated, Red PSP Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaulter View Post
Wow. I want both. I might need to get a job again like seriously because it is killing me...

Thanks for the post man
Your welcome if you like that you should check this site out
http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/

One Piece FC
Final Fantasy FC
Proud Owner of
Kage FC
Member of

Last edited by jimmer45khb; 02-28-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
lavadranzer
Missing-Nin

lavadranzer is infamous around these partslavadranzer is infamous around these parts

G4 was talking about all this stuff yesterday, I bet the MGS4 bundles will sell quickly. Unless all the fanboys already bought a PS3.
lavadranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
Assaulter
Symphony of Destruction

Assaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer45khb View Post
Your welcome if you like that you should check this site out
Already been I love Metal Gear Solid 4 and that bundle is actually decently priced for once. I need a PS3 for when Final Fantasy XIII comes out.

I want a PSP because I want to play Crisis Core

Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

Good stuff. I want that controller.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
lavadranzer
Missing-Nin

lavadranzer is infamous around these partslavadranzer is infamous around these parts

I want a PS3 for the Blu-Ray since Blu-Ray one. But I want a 360 more because I prefer its games. I will take a PS3 though. Hmm... I'm seriously gonna consider a PS3 now. But not the MGS bundle, I don't play MGS.
lavadranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
Assaulter
Symphony of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavadranzer View Post
I want a PS3 for the Blu-Ray since Blu-Ray one. But I want a 360 more because I prefer its games. I will take a PS3 though. Hmm... I'm seriously gonna consider a PS3 now. But not the MGS bundle, I don't play MGS.
If you don't have one of the systems by now I recommend oh so highly the PS3. Blu-ray is about to be utilized more and the game selection on big name titles is basically the same. Also PS3 is much much much much much more reliable.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
jimmer45khb
Monkey D Luffy

I was thinking about getting the 360 but there is just not enough games I like for it I like Sony and Nintendo better

One Piece FC
Final Fantasy FC
Proud Owner of
Kage FC
Member of

Last edited by jimmer45khb; 03-21-2008 at 10:05 PM.