has anime influenced you to study martial arts? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #1
rasingan
Academy Student

rasingan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool has anime influenced you to study martial arts?

Do you guys think that any of the techniques in naruto are possible? I do as I have been into martial arts for a few years now and some of the things I have seen look like it should be in naruto .I once saw a guy perform a perfect KONOHA SENPU!!! ( also with 10 lbs of weight on each foot ).I even saw my sifu take down 5 guys using only one leg!! As for me I just do some muay thai boxing and some basic kung fu but any way my question is does anyone in NL practice martial arts?(I mean for real)and what techniques do you think are possible? And for those who don't has naruto or any other anime influenced you to try martial arts and what style would you prefer and why?
1. Tai kwon do (lots of kickin can't compare it to any1 from naruto,suggestions?))
2. Kung fu (somethinlike neji and hinata but not totally)
3. Jeet kune do ( bruce lee's style and like Rock Lee's too)
4. Kickboxing(modernised style and wild like naruto ,kinda risky too)
5. Muay thai(sasuke's taijutsu when he beat up gaara)
rasingan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
the_fat_alchemist
the fear in your dreams

the_fat_alchemist is an unknown quantity at this point
not martial arts but ALCHEMY

http://www.myspace.com/blackruto"
the_fat_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
god of the moon
Akatsuki's owns me.

god of the moon is an unknown quantity at this point
thats kinda weird cuz i sarted whatchin naruto in december and in january i started kickboxin .what at coinsidence eh

god of the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #4
Sant0ryu
Chuunin

Sant0ryu is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe started kendo cuz of it, but i already took karate before i started watching anime
Sant0ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
Well actually Neji and Hinata's Jyuuken is based mostly off of Tai-Chi. It does have some forms of Kung Fu but it is really like Tai-Chi.

Oh and the TKD thing, I believe Rock Lee and Maito Gai have a variation of several martial arts including Tae-Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Muay Tai, and a few others. All of the kicking and high kicking abilities in Rock and Maito's fighting style refers to TKD. At least to me it does.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
rasingan
Academy Student

Very true aruko you could not have said it better but tell me has naruto influenced you?(don't take it the wrong way just wanted to know if you are a fellow martial artist)
Old 04-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #7
Fierce
Chuunin

Fierce is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah...Aruko Samaki basically said what I was planning on saying.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:31 PM   #8
rasingan
Academy Student

could someone please answer the whole question that i posted .
Old 04-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
It really hasn't influenced me into going to learn a martial art. I have been studying TKD for 5 or 6 years now. Although it has influenced some of my movement and style. I like how they move fluently like nothing is holding them back and I have been trying to learn how to process and achieve that myself. It's actually fun letting go and letting your hands and feet battle.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #10
rasingan
Academy Student

thank you . finally someone who understands the thrill of battle.I salute you
Old 04-19-2005, 03:14 PM   #11
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
hell yeh i love the thrill of battle....i mean tajitsu and kendo has made me feel more vicious in school fights :P...anyways naruto hasnt influenced me to take up martial arts coz ive been doing it since last 2 years ago and well....just watching the fluent martial arts of the characters especially the hyuuga and rock lee is kinda inspirational to some people and makes you copy those moves...like me...ive masterd the hyuuga style of martial arts XD
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:40 PM   #12
HokageLee
Genin

HokageLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Naruto influences you to try and do the moves the ninjas do. I try to do rock lee moves but i cant T_T
HokageLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #13
toma24135
Chuunin

toma24135 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to do Tai kwon do when I was younger, then I moved and did something else, but I quite after a while because the instructor turned into the push-up king and I didn't feel like paying to do push-ups. The form that seems like the most interesting to me now is jujitso (probably spelled wrong) because it deals more with fights that go to the ground.

The thing that frustrated me though is that alot of the cool stuff you see on naruto isn't physically possible.
toma24135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #14
hayd112388
Academy Student

hayd112388 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive doen aikido and a little judo for 7 years, and i didnt watch anime back then. a lot of aikido is using inner energy to overcome physical energy so i kinda understand some of the concepts of naruto chakra stuff even tho its impossible to do most of what they do in the cartoon. but it is possible through good posture and focus to hold back large amounts of defenders with just a hand or your head(i saw a sensei have like 10 guys pushing on his forehead at the same time and they couldnt move him, then he just twisted his neck and they went flying because they were so off balance). i dont know a whole lot about other martial arts except that they are harder styles and rely more on heavy strikes, but i would say that neji is probably a softer style like aikido or tai chi because a lot of the footwork and postures he does in the cartoon is like aikido and they say he relies on his defensive techniques which are what aikido and tai chi emphasize. also i have seen sasuke do more throws/grapples (did a hip throw and an arm bar that i remember) than anyone else so i would say he probably leans more towards a grappling art like jujitsu since jujitsu also has a fair amount of striking techniques too.

Last edited by hayd112388; 04-19-2005 at 09:08 PM.
hayd112388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #15
hayd112388
Academy Student

hayd112388 is an unknown quantity at this point
o ya i should mention i dont think anyone in naruto has a specific style or type of martial arts, even tho some resemble certain styles. i think they mix all types of techniques which makes sense for a ninja rather than say a soldier or guard since ninjas need to adapt more often and face all types of enemies/scenarios.

the only "super natural" abilities that i have witnessed or heard from reliable sources of taking place in actual martial arts are immovable techniques, where the person cannot be moved, ki shouts, where the person shouts using his inner ki to stun/distract an opponent, unbendable arm, where a person is unable to bend the user's arm as hard as he tries.

Also there are just different abilities people are born with or aquire in general where some are unnaturally strong, some are very fast, some are very flexible, and some have high pain threshholds. for example, in my class alone, we have a guy who is 7 feet tall and it is very odd facing an opponent like this with such long reach and leverage. There is a guy who is very strong and can make ordinary techniques that rely on finesse even more destructive when he adds in his natural strength, and also i am double jointed in a few places and very flexible where certain techniques dont work on me. So I believe some of the "special" abilities in naruto can exist in real martial arts although a lot of them are exaggerated and impossible.

as far as hand to hand combat, i think a lot of the techniques seen in the cartoon are physically possible, although maybe not in the combos that they do them in, and the situations for a lot of these techniques to be used are very unlikely to present themselves in real life. I think the most unrealistic part of their techniques that are important in the combat are their ability to jump very high, move/disappear very fast, and pretty much all of their acrobatic moves that just are not possible.

after i watched naruto i was always curious if a magician rather than a martial artist could perform a lot of the non martial arts techniques the ninjas do on naruto like disappearing and removing/stealing items from people without them knowing, since i have seen them do this in magic shows on tv(like removing a person's watch without the person knowing).
hayd112388 is offline   Reply With Quote