White Racism - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by prez420 View Post
You don't seem to understand that racism directly leads to violent acts. Do you think the KKK sprang up out of the blue, its foundation was created in racism. Its not about restricting free speech its about protecting it. Case in point because of racial tensions its next to impossible for a white person to say anything against the way most black run their families or their career and be taken seriously by the black population even if they have doctorates in family/career management. A black person that is less qualified can go to the very same black population and his advice will be accepted.

Racism breeds racism thats a fact. Racism is like a forest fire it starts small but if nothing is done about it then it soon grows into a wild fire.
Ok, do you really want me to tell you about all the people that are racist and aren't violent because if you want me to then find a list of every person in the world who hasn't committed violent acts from racism. Then I can show you who is a racist and doesn't commit violent acts. EVERYONE IS RACIST TO A DEGREE. It is just how humans are made. We are greedy and will try to explain everything in the universe with any possible method. Now some people don't go through with believing what their mind tells them, but they can still not deny they are greedy. Just because you don't act out a feeling doesn't mean you don't have it. Ahem...closet pervs.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-03-2008, 02:03 AM   #17
Matthekage
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 552
Thanks: 256
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Matthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of light
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
EVERYONE IS RACIST TO A DEGREE. It is just how humans are made. We are greedy and will try to explain everything in the universe with any possible method. Now some people don't go through with believing what their mind tells them, but they can still not deny they are greedy. Just because you don't act out a feeling doesn't mean you don't have it. Ahem...closet pervs.
Big call. Some of us do not have a racist bone in our bodies. However, it is understandable that some do. There is a fine line between racial pride and racism, perhaps the two are irreversibly linked. I can only speak for the situation in Australia, but we have spent generations making the Aboriginals feel guilty for being themselves. It's not a suprise that they dislike both us and themselves. Depression, drug use and suicide are rampant. Reverse racism is a direct product of a racist system, a backlash so to speak. If there was no racism there would be nothing to reverse. As a members of societies that celerbrate triumphs, we should take responsibitiy for historic wrongs. No, it wasn't us as individuals that enslaved others, but we have been afforded opportunities by those that did.
Matthekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #18
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthekage View Post
Big call. Some of us do not have a racist bone in our bodies. However, it is understandable that some do. There is a fine line between racial pride and racism, perhaps the two are irreversibly linked. I can only speak for the situation in Australia, but we have spent generations making the Aboriginals feel guilty for being themselves. It's not a suprise that they dislike both us and themselves. Depression, drug use and suicide are rampant. Reverse racism is a direct product of a racist system, a backlash so to speak. If there was no racism there would be nothing to reverse. As a members of societies that celerbrate triumphs, we should take responsibitiy for historic wrongs. No, it wasn't us as individuals that enslaved others, but we have been afforded opportunities by those that did.
I agree with that. I am proud of my race, but I am not a racist. There IS a difference. The first boy I ever kissed was my black friend down the road, we used to walk to each other's houses all the time. I kissed him in front of my entire second grade class. I have friends of every race... I uphold people to their word and character, not their appearance. My parents? They are a bit racist. =/ I don't like to admit it, but its true. However, I must take into account the differences of our times and what their personal experiences are, which, some were not pleasant. But I also notice that they consciously try not to think that way, and realize that their prejudices do not apply to every member of that race. And that I think, is enough for me to accept that particular fault within them.

I sympathize with those who have been oppressed and I feel guilt for the history between whites and blacks, specifically. Mostly because it is what I have encountered the most, living here in Mississippi, a state that at one point, and in a lot of ways still is, at the heart of the racial conflict in America (between blacks and whites).

I also believe that nurture and nature are constantly interacting with each other, the two are inseparable. If we want a better society, a better world, we should focus on education. To understanding the intricate connection between who we're born as and who we can become... And instill empathy. A person has to mold within themselves kindness and generosity. But they also have to know what it is first. And work at it.

To me, racism is the result of yes, an imperfect system, and also a frame of mind. And I won’t disagree that to various extents, it is within our nature. But also, it can be trigged, because just as some women fear and hate men after being a victim of rape or sexual assault, it makes sense that a person of any race, who may never have been racist before, would hold a resentment towards a particular race after suffering from a hate crime/seeing someone they love suffer. And that's all experience. Racism may never be extinguished, but it can be overcome more than it is currently. <.<; And I truly believe that.

We also SHOULD feel a sense of responsibility for what has happened in the past, because we are still feeling the repercussions and consequences of our ancestor's actions. And yes, some of us are reaping opportunities... Besides that, some of us feel we have a moral responsibility to contribute positively to this world before we pass on - for many reasons, my own being that I want a life with meaning, one that leaves a positive chain after my passing... I know I'll only ever be able to impact a handful of people, but those people can impact a handful themselves if they so choose it... I don't claim to be 'selfless' or anything like that, but I do want to be more than I currently am. And I think contributing to lessening racism is admirable and just.
And what can I say? I just want to believe there's something I can change.

I think the movie American History X does a good job of showing how experience can alter a negative frame of mind. Check it out if you haven't.

We've got to work at cutting the cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy as well - or, fulfilling society's prophecy, however you want to look at it. Such things exist and so does the culture of poverty - which is filled with people of all races. No, you can't force people... That is certainly not what I'm getting at... But saying, "Oh, that happened in the past, it wasn't me, why should I feel any obligation for what others have done? Racism exists and that's that." will not do any good and is in essence: apathy.

And... that’s also a frame of mind. You're cutting your individual power and impact short... =/

Anyway, this really got me going... I strayed a bit from the original topic, but eh... racism towards whites is not new to me, nor any greater or less wrong than racism towards all the other groups of people. ~_~
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #19
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthekage View Post
Big call. Some of us do not have a racist bone in our bodies. However, it is understandable that some do. There is a fine line between racial pride and racism, perhaps the two are irreversibly linked. I can only speak for the situation in Australia, but we have spent generations making the Aboriginals feel guilty for being themselves. It's not a suprise that they dislike both us and themselves. Depression, drug use and suicide are rampant. Reverse racism is a direct product of a racist system, a backlash so to speak. If there was no racism there would be nothing to reverse. As a members of societies that celerbrate triumphs, we should take responsibitiy for historic wrongs. No, it wasn't us as individuals that enslaved others, but we have been afforded opportunities by those that did.
Reverse racism is such a stupid term. You're either being racist or you're not. Even if you're just 'being a racist back' or some shit it's still not justifiable. It's still the same damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
We've got to work at cutting the cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy as well - or, fulfilling society's prophecy, however you want to look at it. Such things exist and so does the culture of poverty - which is filled with people of all races. No, you can't force people... That is certainly not what I'm getting at... But saying, "Oh, that happened in the past, it wasn't me, why should I feel any obligation for what others have done? Racism exists and that's that." will not do any good and is in essence: apathy.
Why should anyone feel any obligation to repent for other people's actions? There's no justice in that, no fairness. It's a completely ridiculous concept, and it has nothing to do with being apathetic.

Should everyone be given the chance to succeed? Of course. Should we help people in need? Yeah, definitely. Should we be doing it based on what color skin they have though? Nah, that's stupid and only helps to divide people instead of promoting racial equality. Instead of helping minorities, why aren't we just helping poor people who need help regardless of skin color? What kind of message do you think a lot of people get when they see that so-and-so race needs extra assistance to do well? It definitely doesn't scream equality, that's for damn sure. We shouldn't be singling anyone out for any reason based on race. Like I said, you either get special treatment or equality. You can't have both.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #20
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Reverse racism is such a stupid term. You're either being racist or you're not. Even if you're just 'being a racist back' or some shit it's still not justifiable. It's still the same damn thing.
I don't think anyone is trying to 'justify' any of the different forms of racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Why should anyone feel any obligation to repent for other people's actions? There's no justice in that, no fairness. It's a completely ridiculous concept, and it has nothing to do with being apathetic.
Because those actions are still affecting our society. And I didn't say repent, I said feel a sense of responsibility. That isn't just applying to whites either, considering that a lot of tribal leaders from Africa actually sold neighboring people into slavery... I'm not going to 'apologize' or take any form of punishment for what happened in the past, but I can do whats in my ability to impact others and influence their frame of mind. And history influences people's perceptions, too. So it shouldn't be ignored just because we weren't there personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Should everyone be given the chance to succeed? Of course. Should we help people in need? Yeah, definitely. Should we be doing it based on what color skin they have though? Nah, that's stupid and only helps to divide people instead of promoting racial equality. Instead of helping minorities, why aren't we just helping poor people who need help regardless of skin color? What kind of message do you think a lot of people get when they see that so-and-so race needs extra assistance to do well? It definitely doesn't scream equality, that's for damn sure. We shouldn't be singling anyone out for any reason based on race. Like I said, you either get special treatment or equality. You can't have both.
Well, no, it shouldn't be based only on skin color. I didn't mean that, and I certainly don't think that's the defining requirement for aid... nor did I say it was. I actually consider self-fullfilling prophecy and the culture of poverty to be more critical problems to focus on. But think of it like this.. if you weren't allowed to attend school for years, and eventually gained the right to go, but were placed in highschool with your peers - wouldnt you need more assistance than those that have been in school since age 5? Not the best example, but I think it has validity. But yeah, its true that it will anger/divide some - but that's going to happen regardless. =/ What you're saying has truth in it, though, so don't get me wrong. I don't think there is a clear-cut way to approach this.
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #21
master mazaki
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 23
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
master mazaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChain View Post
Perhaps in America (and in some places), some have the frame of mind that white people are a powerful majority that can get away with anything, and because of past history, they are the last people that should complain about racism.
Whether it is true or not, I don't think anyone should be racist at all, or consider one race to be more racist than the other. Everyone in the world has the potential to be racist period. It's not just black people, it's not just white people. Everyone.



Lol. Well on tv you sometimes get black people portrayed as drug addicts and gangsters. Chinese people as kung-fu masters who are XX-dan belt and can't speak good english. South-East asians as terrorists. Is being portrayed as a nerd really that bad?
i agree with OTC, everyone has the ability to be racist, when angry, its probably the only thing which someone could use agaist to hurt ones feelings, dependant on the person whether they are racist, then the person may have a predudice towards a culture or race from their experience, although this is not right you CANT change peoples opinions, personally about the black television programs, when they say the white guy is as you said a cracker... to me thats just a dumb ass name to call a white dude, black comedy is known for its humor because the black community have a certain slang (dependant on where your from, USA, UK...etc) its usually a joke and not said in an aggressive manner, my friends who are twins there mixed race, but consider themselfs black, they do all the black jokes all the time to themselfs! and even me and im white i take no offence and they certainatly dont vice versa, so the who racism thing is aload of bollocks so ignore it itll fade.
master mazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #22
Matthekage
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 552
Thanks: 256
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Matthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of light
Re: White Racism

Yeh, not trying to justify any racism, But, I thought this tread was addressing reverse racism. Whether it is a stupid term, or even exists to some, it appears to exist here. To me it just seems that, more than ever now, we have the ability, as somewhat educated beings, to play the part of observers and cast a critical eye over our collective histories. Start to figure out why there is so much conflict. Right some of the wrongs that drive so much division. If it takes an apology for cultural damage, it should be given, if it takes financial support to offset generations of poverty, it should be given. Surely we can adjust things as needs be. We can spend over $400 billion on a war no one seems to want, why not a little to bring some peace. The way we are doing things right now is not working, we need a new direction, to try something new. Make people proud of their culture, we can celebrate our differences as easily as we can fight over them.
Matthekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #23
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
I don't think anyone is trying to 'justify' any of the different forms of racism.
I don't think so either. "Reverse racism" is just plain old regular racism was all I was saying there. Not accusing anyone of anything.

Quote:
Because those actions are still affecting our society. And I didn't say repent, I said feel a sense of responsibility. That isn't just applying to whites either, considering that a lot of tribal leaders from Africa actually sold neighboring people into slavery... I'm not going to 'apologize' or take any form of punishment for what happened in the past, but I can do whats in my ability to impact others and influence their frame of mind. And history influences people's perceptions, too. So it shouldn't be ignored just because we weren't there personally.
I don't think it should be ignored either. I probably misunderstood your stance on this though. I figured you were tying this into the topic of discussion regarding white racism; not talking about slavery and shit in a more general sense. So my bad there.

Quote:
Well, no, it shouldn't be based only on skin color. I didn't mean that, and I certainly don't think that's the defining requirement for aid... nor did I say it was. I actually consider self-fullfilling prophecy and the culture of poverty to be more critical problems to focus on. But think of it like this.. if you weren't allowed to attend school for years, and eventually gained the right to go, but were placed in highschool with your peers - wouldnt you need more assistance than those that have been in school since age 5? Not the best example, but I think it has validity. But yeah, its true that it will anger/divide some - but that's going to happen regardless. =/ What you're saying has truth in it, though, so don't get me wrong. I don't think there is a clear-cut way to approach this.
It really shouldn't be based on skin color at all. If people are at a disadvantage or are down on their luck, then we should help them. Simple as that. Bringing race into it in any way just gives justification to the idea that races aren't equal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #24
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I don't think so either. "Reverse racism" is just plain old regular racism was all I was saying there. Not accusing anyone of anything.
Ah, then we agree. I just read that part again and I see that I misunderstood. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
I don't think it should be ignored either. I probably misunderstood your stance on this though. I figured you were tying this into the topic of discussion regarding white racism; not talking about slavery and shit in a more general sense. So my bad there.
Okay, lol, glad we got that cleared up. I sort of ignored the topic until the very end, really. I was talking in a general sense, see, I think you should feel a sense of responsibility for racism, for poverty, for those who are exploited, etc... So I should clarify that I don't mean racism is a special case. You should feel responsibility towards our world... thats what I mean, really. The past, present, and future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
It really shouldn't be based on skin color at all. If people are at a disadvantage or are down on their luck, then we should help them. Simple as that. Bringing race into it in any way just gives justification to the idea that races aren't equal.
I think it will only bring justification to those who want to see it like that - and they'll find ways to justify their hatred regardless. But, we've just recently entered into this new stage of society where we are trying to give everyone an equal chance... so, I think there should be a transitioning period where aid is offered to miniorities, to the ones the system 'used' to exploit. We've got some programs that attempt this, they aren't perfect, but I think they are worth trying...

It can't stay like that forever, no, because then I agree with you. It will only serve to seperate us and foster resentment. ._.
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
Sesshomaru_55
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alaska, Eagle river.
Posts: 293
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sesshomaru_55 is on a distinguished roadSesshomaru_55 is on a distinguished road
Re: White Racism

The African-Americans use the racism to their advantage, I once knew a kid in Middle school, he was always doing Illegal things, But he cried to the cops and his parents "But they we're calling me the N word mommy!" He got off every time, Go watch black people on youtube, This black woman was going to talk about how stupid some girls are, and the first thing she says is "Now im not talking about black people". I mean wtf?! The only people keeping the racism around, are the black people! It just pisses me off so damn much.
Sesshomaru_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #26
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
sheik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the planet earth in the good ol USA
Age: 23
Posts: 2,696
Thanks: 315
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshomaru_55 View Post
The African-Americans use the racism to their advantage, I once knew a kid in Middle school, he was always doing Illegal things, But he cried to the cops and his parents "But they we're calling me the N word mommy!" He got off every time, Go watch black people on youtube, This black woman was going to talk about how stupid some girls are, and the first thing she says is "Now im not talking about black people". I mean wtf?! The only people keeping the racism around, are the black people! It just pisses me off so damn much.
Woah, woah, woah!!!!!!....stop it, stop it.....okay?
you: okay
Okay?
you: okay
Alright....

I agree that there is racism towards white people but there still are A LOT of racist in the south still who just won't give up their silly little rambles and washed up flag.

I have to say why the reason why white people get such a bad rap sheet as being racist is because everyone else f*cks it up for them. Being black, I been to the rural south and you would be absolutely surprised at the number of racist people there. They aren't those "OMG, they said the N word!" racist but they just say what is on their mind about black people racist. They aren't the slightest bit afraid or ashamed to say "I hate n***ers and I want them dead". It makes me feel ashamed of my people(human race) that they would actually degrade themselves to that level. The worse part is that most of the people who are racist are the adults which who we look up to as role models and are expected to be a lot more mature than the kids. The kids in the south secretly hang out with black people behind their parents back when at home they pretend to be racist like their parents.

Its kind of pathetic but one bad seed, spoils the bunch. I was at a drugstore after school and the dumbass underclassmen were acting like a jackass and almost tripped this old lady trying to get through the door. The owners called the cops and the cops made EVERYONE leave because only a few people were causing trouble. The cops spoke to me and my sister and said the owner told him that we were really good but he had to make everyone leave. I didn't get mad or angry. It didn't piss me off so damn much or anything. I simply went with the flow and walked over to the school. This is an example of what happens when a small percentage acts up, the whole group gets in trouble.

Think of this. If only a tiny spoon full of disease infested mud happened to fall in a tank of water, you would probably throw ALL of it out because you would assume ALL of it was bad even when a small amount of water was tainted. That is how it works.

Sorry about my ramble but if you really want to stop reverse racism then the best thing to do is stop the racist whites who mess it up for everyone. Its like with blacks. Since a few blacks are racist towards blacks, white people think that the slightest negative comment towards a black person will make CNN and be a big deal with headline news.

We need to unite and become one instead of gritting our teeth and pop our veins in our forehead. You need to stop the source of the racism in order to stop all of the side effects.

Also on one final note, racism probably will go down a lot when the generation from 1969 and the civil rights movement die off. Not to sound cruel or anything but once they get killed off, the the racism will start to curb and come to a slow progress. Back then, racism was not something that was looked down upon. Once they die, we will finally be at a little bit better racial peace.

But seriously, compare how many black friends you have compared to white friends. Black people will have more black friends and white people will have more white friends. That is something that you can't change or bend around. You can't try and flip the script but one thing you can do is try and pull out the wedge between the two races.

No one wants to talk about racism because its a bitter pill to swallow. I applaud Obama for talking about it and having the balls to confront it. I will continue to support him through the race and I don't care what some naive teenager says, I will still continue to have his back because I have know he is right for the job..

I try to help do my part by hanging out with more white people and I noticed that I was at a lot less tension with people that was not my color.
__________________

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox


Last edited by sheik; 04-04-2008 at 09:16 PM.
sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
LightDreamer
Jounin
 
LightDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 23
Posts: 741
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
LightDreamer is on a distinguished road
Re: White Racism

o_o I have white racism issues. Well not REALLY. Not racism. more white discrimination. and I can't help it. I know I have it but it's more a defense mechanism in my own opinion. Because as an asian I do have to deal with racism and more often then not it's from white people who more often than not don't know don't understand or don't care about the racism directed at them. So I do develop preconceived notions about white people that I can't help that have been caused just by things that have happened to me. It doesn't make me hate anyone it just makes me more cautious of white ppl. I'd never hate a white person because they were white but it'd probably make me think things about them.

Anyways, my point is. Anyone whose experienced racism is going to also be a racist and that's just the way it is. Because you can't expect a chinese girl whose had 10 white ppl ask her to do her homework for them in one day to not think white people like to use chinese people. No matter how educated she is, she's still going to be annoyed every time a white person approaches her. As long as racism exists, there will be racism for all races. Including white. It's just not publicized as much because white people have been the victimizers for so long nobody really minds that they be the victim just a little bit -_- other than white ppl I guess.

I hope nobody hates me now. If you're white and you prove to me that you're not a preconceived notion then you're automatically striked off the "be wary" of them list. So yah. That was my spiel.
__________________
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (now imagine that 100 billion decibels louder than your average fire truck alarm and you will get the summation of my feelings towards your childish bickering)

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

The adulation of strangers.
LightDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #28
Matthekage
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 552
Thanks: 256
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Matthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of lightMatthekage is a glorious beacon of light
Re: White Racism

I would like to believe that we still have a choice in our responses. We can just decide not to hold prejudice. That it is not a given that someone will become racist if they have experienced racism against them. We all use stereotypes to judge the safety of the situations around us, it's a natural defense. But, we get to chose how we apply them. Working in a world of individuals it is extremely hard to apply such things as stereotypes evenly and consistently without being unfair to the exceptions or leaving yourself open to danger. It would appear to me, that it just depends which side of the line you stand, do you put yourself in a situation where you can be taken advantage of and remain open, or stay safe and prejudiced. I would like to think that there are some of us out here that are big and ugly enough to defend ourselves, that are willing to take the chance, to be fair to as many as we can. However, I can understand how some can develop prejudices to defend themselves.
Matthekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #29
prez420
Chuunin
 
prez420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 428
Thanks: 36
Thanked 81 Times in 53 Posts
prez420 is on a distinguished roadprez420 is on a distinguished road
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareofdragon View Post
No, your situation is not even close saying that. You are over-analyzing this.

And what about the Obama situation?

I used the obama situation because its a public example to point out the racism in black culture againest "The White Man". Rev wright is a racist he blames all the the problems of the black community on the white man he refuses to acknowledge that most of the problems black communities face is the result of the sense of entitlement that permeates through black communities. Its not just him ether it runs through out the black community this is the very same subject that bill cosby has been talkin about for years.

Don't get me wrong there are quite a few black people that have realized the truth. They understand there is no such thing as a free ride if you want nice things in life u have to go and work hard for it. There are way to many black people that think just because they are alive they are owed something by those that have money. Things like affirmative action just feed that sense of entitlement because it gives the message that u can not try as hard as the next guy and still get ahead just because you are there. This type of thinking goes against Martin Luther King jr's dream of having a society where all men have a equal playing field no matter what color there skin is.

Black people may be free from slavery but most of them still have that slave mentality. Being free comes with a price it means u have to find your own way in life there is no one there controlling your life. The majority of the black community doesn't seem to get that. So they become bitter towards white people because they see white people with nice cars houses etc... Which turns into hate of those white people just for being white succeeding and not bringing them along for the ride.
__________________
prez420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #30
andimrob
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
andimrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: White Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by prez420 View Post
I used the obama situation because its a public example to point out the racism in black culture againest "The White Man". Rev wright is a racist he blames all the the problems of the black community on the white man he refuses to acknowledge that most of the problems black communities face is the result of the sense of entitlement that permeates through black communities. Its not just him ether it runs through out the black community this is the very same subject that bill cosby has been talkin about for years.

Don't get me wrong there are quite a few black people that have realized the truth. They understand there is no such thing as a free ride if you want nice things in life u have to go and work hard for it. There are way to many black people that think just because they are alive they are owed something by those that have money. Things like affirmative action just feed that sense of entitlement because it gives the message that u can not try as hard as the next guy and still get ahead just because you are there. This type of thinking goes against Martin Luther King jr's dream of having a society where all men have a equal playing field no matter what color there skin is.

Black people may be free from slavery but most of them still have that slave mentality. Being free comes with a price it means u have to find your own way in life there is no one there controlling your life. The majority of the black community doesn't seem to get that. So they become bitter towards white people because they see white people with nice cars houses etc... Which turns into hate of those white people just for being white succeeding and not bringing them along for the ride.
Being a black male I am compelled to comment on this.

Honestly why shouldn't there be a sense of entitlement? Not that that state of mind will get you anywhere but it is a perfectly rational stance to have considering the history. Africans were brought to the US and stripped of their culture, traditions, and religion and forced to adopt white standards. Essentially whatever cultural identity african american's have now was forged of NOTHING, they should be called American American's. Blacks have no culture to reach back to. I am black but unlike white colleagues of mine I can't claim to be decedent of some country in the eastern hemispehere.

The black people I know that have a sense of entitlement can feel that way because the free labor of their ancestors built the economy that made this country a superpower. Eventually we were given freedom but that too is mostly false. Institutionalized racism is the foe of black people now, and if you are hearing a black guy gripe about something I bet it stems back to that. Now a days its not a matter if I can use the same bathroom as a white person, its worrying about am I going to get the promotion/loan/education etc.

Consider that black people were brought to the united states as the lowest possible socio-economic class, property. Once we were given freedom we were still the lowest socio-economic class, only one tier higher than property since that class was eliminated. Now consider that our government is a plutocracy (read: governed by the rich and powerful) with little social mobility. 96+% of all american's will be born and die in the same tax bracket. Add to that the hurdles that have been placed in predominantly black communities via institutionalized racism, poor education being the biggest hurdle. How are the black masses going to do any until the KNOW (read: learn) any better?

Consequently most black people are still doing terribly and know that its not going to get much better anytime soon. And while it is generally true that no one is in control of your life but yourself, it is also true that for all americans, not only blacks that other people have enormous influence in our lives (rich powerful people). In a consumerist society like ours, those who are financially independent are buying things with other people money (loans, credit cards). Being at the bottom of the ladder, blacks are especially effected by predatory business practices. What do you think this subprime mortgage crisis is about?

I got more to say but I'm tired, carry on.
andimrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.