Does anyone believe kisih writes these a week at a time - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
abstractface
Genin

abstractface is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone believe kisih writes these a week at a time

Any person who has been in the publishing industry knows that serials are usually published with tons of lag in between. I dont beleive that Kishi has to rest to come with some badass chapters. I believe he has up to chapter 500 done already.

And they are just releasing them as each week goes by. It would be waaayyy too risky for shonen to have to rely on someone releasing information week by week. If he missed a week they would loose signifcant sales

Anyone agree with me?
abstractface is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future
Re: Does anyone believe kisih writes these a week at a time

I can agree with that, but with the way he's been messing up with the storyline, many people would believe that he makes chapters every week (especially when he has to postpone some).

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
thinmints
Rokudaime

thinmints has a spectacular aura aboutthinmints has a spectacular aura aboutthinmints has a spectacular aura aboutthinmints has a spectacular aura about

of course he makes them ahead of time, he times the releases carefully
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a few chapters ahead... But not up to 500, no. Maybe about 20 chapters ahead, at most. =/

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Shikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree

But he is like 3 or 4 chapters ahead .... so , he doesn't waste shonen jump sales

- FanClubs -
The Proud Owner Of :
Join Us at : Final Fantasy FC
A Proud Member Of :
~ The Official Shikamaru FC ~
~ The Uzumaki Naruto FC ~
~ The New Gaara Offical FanClub ~
~ The New Uchiha Clan FC ~
~ Kingdom Hearts FC ~

A Proud Co-Owner Of :
~ The "NEW" Madara Uchiha FC ~
Shikamaru2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
abstractface
Genin

abstractface is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I can agree with that, but with the way he's been messing up with the storyline, many people would believe that he makes chapters every week (especially when he has to postpone some).
I haven't seen kishi mess up? when did he mess up?
abstractface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Um..normally a good mangaka has to have the ability to draw two chapters in a week if not three. He seems the type who plan the story weeks ahead anyway, so all he has to do is draw it neatly in as many hours a day, and presto, a chapter is complete which fits with the next one.

Doing 500 already is weird. Why? Because there could be a request by fans to change something, and the mangaka must be prepared to make his fans interested for life. Also, you may be confused and run out of ideas that way.
Not to say that it's impossible, just never been done.

Last edited by OffTheChain; 04-02-2008 at 12:57 PM.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractface View Post
I haven't seen kishi mess up? when did he mess up?
1. Madara was supposed to be the founder of the Uchiha Clan, but they was already founded when he first appeared. Therefore, he didn't the create the Uchiha clan.

2. It's believed that they're five main elements in Naruto, but Pain/Nagato mastered all six of them.

3. I believed it was stated that in order for a person to perform jutsus, it'll require two hands, but that rule doesn't apply for people like Haku and Itachi.

4. Itachi told Sasuke that killing his best friend was the only way to unlock the MS, Kakashi would say otherwise.

And that's what I meant. There could be more accidents, but the ones that I pointed out were the ones that I remembered the most.

[

Last edited by Nexus; 04-02-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Shikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of light

Great Stop , Nexus
But , Don't You Think that he is doing some hints for the nest arcs which will be more revealed ... ??

- FanClubs -
The Proud Owner Of :
A Proud Member Of :
~ Kingdom Hearts FC ~

A Proud Co-Owner Of :
Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru2007 View Post
Great Stop , Nexus
But , Don't You Think that he is doing some hints for the nest arcs which will be more revealed ... ??
I'm not too sure about that one, but I hope that there'll be a next arc since Naruto is still so way behind.

[
Old 04-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
ganelon
Chuunin

ganelon is on a distinguished road

@Nexus
I can absolutely agree with 1st and 2nd one.

As for 3rd and 4th, sorry but I can't. Here's why. Those statements (teachings/rules) apply for most of the nins in Narutoverse but it is possible that, from time to time, some exceptional shinoby appear and breach current limits or discover something new.
Comparing to our real world, what we all know today, will not bound us in the future. We will learn and discover new things. But, for now, we know what we know and that is what young generations learn ATM.

Aside from discussion how Kakashi got (developed) MS, it is the fact that Itachi believed killing best friend is required, but he was read that, or told by Madara. He didn't know (or heard) for some other cases.

Haku was exceptional by all standards and I was not surprised to see him performing single-hand seals. If you remember, even Kakashi was surprised. Nobody succeeded in that before but, there, Haku did. A genious!

Last edited by ganelon; 04-02-2008 at 02:02 PM.
ganelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractface View Post
Any person who has been in the publishing industry knows that serials are usually published with tons of lag in between. I dont beleive that Kishi has to rest to come with some badass chapters. I believe he has up to chapter 500 done already.

And they are just releasing them as each week goes by. It would be waaayyy too risky for shonen to have to rely on someone releasing information week by week. If he missed a week they would loose signifcant sales

Anyone agree with me?
i wouldnt say 500 but i'll agree that he's ahead of schedule...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChain View Post
Doing 500 already is weird. Why? Because there could be a request by fans to change something, and the mangaka must be prepared to make his fans interested for life. Also, you may be confused and run out of ideas that way.
Not to say that it's impossible, just never been done.
do they really change it FOR THE FANS or by the fans' request? <.<

if they do...that's kinda ghey :/...they should stick to their original plan and surprise their fans >.>.....but this could be one of those money driven things so meh
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #13
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Haku could have probably grown to be one of the strongest ninjas in the world, ugh. Such a shame.

I think Kishimoto has things planned out ahead of time, but how he writes and displays his visions is something else. It's really hard to stay consistent he's human and we have limitations and make constant mistakes. Asking him to be perfect, while still trying to statisfiy millions of fans is hard.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #14
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Kishi can't make everybody Happy ... If we like something maybe others hate it ..

- FanClubs -
The Proud Owner Of :
A Proud Member Of :
~ Kingdom Hearts FC ~

A Proud Co-Owner Of :
Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about

Ok, now everybody listen as the master of marketing speaks

Sure, Kishi is a bit ahead, BUT just a bit. The reason for this is the storyline. As every serious buisnessman, Kishi visits sites like this to check out what his fans think of his manga. He has to be careful not to screw up. Imagine that he's 50 chapters ahead and for some reason he screwed up the storyline with Sasuke vs Itachi and fans get rly rly mad. He hasn't got enough time to reapir the damage and base a new storyline on the fixed one.

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote