Jiraiya or Orochumaru - Page 11 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Jiraiya 135 80.36%
Orochumaru 20 11.90%
tie 13 7.74%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #151
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jiraiya or Orochumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
Wait, since when was the Sharingan the only thing that was capable of preventing Orochimaru from successfully performing his soul transfer technique? Sure, it makes things easier. But remember, Orochimaru is a bitch in the face of Sharingan genjutsu. It's like when Konan was wtfpwned by Jiraiya. She was owned because Jiraiya is that damn good. So it was easy for him. But hey, since we're gonna bring in something like a soul transfer technique, which is extremely odd because Orochimaru never expressed any interest in Jiraiya's body, so, that in and of itself is extremely out of character, then we'll also have Jiraiya hold Orochimaru off while he prepares Hermit Mode in order to pimp slap Orochimaru with his Frog Song genjutsu.

Seriously, we're assuming Jiraiya would just stand there and allow Orochimaru's technique to take effect? He won't, you know, defend himself?

hell swamp he ate up 2 snakes when he was 30% he would drag oro to the bottom easily damn hell swamp is a killer jutsu oro is a loser in the face of jiraiya but hey it's his own fault.

Also mikey note that will power has a lot to do with sasuke's taken over more then sharingan and jiraiya has shown the most will power to date i mean dying and then coming back to life only through will isn't something you mess around with.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #152
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Indeed. Will power is some broken fucking shit. Will made Kimimaro own Naruto, Lee, and Gaara. It made Jiraiya come back to life, even if temporarily. Will made Sasuke take Orochimaru over, though, that wasn't a surprise anyway, since Oro has always been the Uchiha's personal bitch. I know there are tons of examples of Naruto's own will power.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #153
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

If its a 1 on 1 fight with no outside individual help it would be Orochimaru. If its with summonings and stuff, probably Orochimaru's edo tensei.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #154
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
If its a 1 on 1 fight with no outside individual help it would be Orochimaru. If its with summonings and stuff, probably Orochimaru's edo tensei.
Oro lost his summon boss. Sasuke got Manda killed from Deidara.

Btw, that say's a lot about Deidara and his jutsu to kill of Manda in one move. I don't wanna say Manda is weakling (he sure was handling himself against Gambubanta and the Slug boss), but damn, for a boss, he when down pretty bad. Tough Skin though, saved Sasuke's ass.

I just realized this is all a hypothetical thing, (which should be locked since this should be in the VS thread) Gambubanta might lose against Manda. However with 1 on 1, I think Oro's only chance is his coffins, J-Man is techniqually better all around. The fact that Oro has practically limitless lives has to take away from his own personal abilities somewhat... however that is all specualtion. Oro could just be that damn good.

kenneth20748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #155
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth20748 View Post
Oro lost his summon boss. Sasuke got Manda killed from Deidara.

Btw, that say's a lot about Deidara and his jutsu to kill of Manda in one move. I don't wanna say Manda is weakling (he sure was handling himself against Gambubanta and the Slug boss), but damn, for a boss, he when down pretty bad. Tough Skin though, saved Sasuke's ass.

I just realized this is all a hypothetical thing, (which should be locked since this should be in the VS thread) Gambubanta might lose against Manda. However with 1 on 1, I think Oro's only chance is his coffins, J-Man is techniqually better all around. The fact that Oro has practically limitless lives has to take away from his own personal abilities somewhat... however that is all specualtion. Oro could just be that damn good.
Lmao, your not thinking outside the box, Orochimaru has stronger summonings than Manda. Note: Hokages O_o.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #156
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Kenthe that's distortion talking here lol he loves pissing me off damn it i will get you one of these days lol yes i will lmfaoooo.

anywasy wow now that i look back orochimaru is pathetic losing to sasuke and itachi and getting his ass kicked by naruto i mean all of these guy are kids lol and then itachi took care of him for good.

@K manda would get his ass torn up by gamabuntan he can se ninjutsu and what can manda do shed skin and bite gamabuntan is the pimp summon.

Oro is a loser who wasted his life getting killed and beaten by kids he then ran like a bitch when a 11 year old boy beat him without even lifting a finger.

Jiraiya is a the man a true shinobi def top 5 in history pein only has this little secret jiraiya couldn't figure out well he did but way to late and pein cleared up who should have won.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #157
JiRaIyA4LiFe
Academy Student

JiRaIyA4LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point

POINT BLANK GUYS THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER.... IT WOULD BE A DRAW IF IT WAS A ALL OUT FIGHT. but hey u could look at it as Jiraiya tought naruto (has the nine tails and is the son of the fourth hokage) and Orochimaru tought sasuke (Uchiha, one of the strongest of his age, and excellent at genjutsu) but even after the training sasuke is still stronger it seems by a long shot but they also did say it was probably because he learned secret jutsu's. On the other side Jiraiya did teach the fourth and was the teacher of his killer, pein, who is know the face of akatsuki.

so with that said, i would say, Jiraiya is the better ninja and when the third died Jiraiya would of easily been hokage if he wanted it.

Again saying though, Oro would of been the stongest ninja in the naruto world if he continued training and developing techniques instead of doing research and experiments and shit. what a waste.

But a question for u guys doesn't oro's power rise or decrease depending on the body he is in? cause doesn't he learn that persons techniques?
JiRaIyA4LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #158
Distortion
Special Jounin

Itachi owned Orochimaru at like... age 12 man, Jiraiya obviously would destroy Orochimaru, beyond the fact that Orochimaru has a million jutsus, Jiraiya knows that and still isn't scared of him. One strong jutsu is all you need, the most annoying thing about Orochimaru is the fact that you cant kill him with physical attacks considering he just sprouts new bodies, but Jiraiya does have one of the strongest genjutsus so that doesnt even matter.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #159
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Itachi owned Orochimaru at like... age 12 man, Jiraiya obviously would destroy Orochimaru, beyond the fact that Orochimaru has a million jutsus, Jiraiya knows that and still isn't scared of him. One strong jutsu is all you need, the most annoying thing about Orochimaru is the fact that you cant kill him with physical attacks considering he just sprouts new bodies, but Jiraiya does have one of the strongest genjutsus so that doesnt even matter.
Yeah bro this fail4life guy got to me 2 hmm never seen you so ticked before weres your cool man come on counter his post and put in kthxbaiiii lol btw i copied that line now

Yeah like you said orochiamru may no a lot of jutsu although i doubt it since he had more then enough times to use em but didn't... but jiraiya'spimp jutsu are to much hermit mode isn't needed in this fight.

@fail4life oro would be the strongest ninja even if he did want to lear the jutsu it would take him roughly around 3 life times or more that's why he wanted sharingan to accomplish it faster and even then he would still be weak as hell.

Look at kakashi 1000 jutsu at his knwoledge however he isn't that powerful well he is but not really powerful like omfg lol.

Oro is a loser end of story what makes a ninja strong is guts and will power as well as determination jiraiya worked hard and was rewarded oro took shortcuts and got fuked in the ass end of story.

Last edited by Namikaze85; 04-21-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #160
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Im not even arguing who is better but since u seem to forget that Jiraiya has no genjutsu...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/378/07/

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #161
Distortion
Special Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Im not even arguing who is better but since u seem to forget that Jiraiya has no genjutsu...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/378/07/
Why would you even waste your efforts in that? Its a known fact that while going into hermit mode Jiraiya could have the toads perform the genjutsu for him. Do I need to spell it out for you? Did you really need me to explain that to you? I'd figured I didn't need to restate what should already be known.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #162
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Why would you even waste your efforts in that? Its a known fact that while going into hermit mode Jiraiya could have the toads perform the genjutsu for him. Do I need to spell it out for you? Did you really need me to explain that to you? I'd figured I didn't need to restate what should already be known.
Clearly I needed to explain it to u. I didnt think that I needed to restate what everyone already knows.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Lao Tzu

Elizabeth Kenny
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #163
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

^you seem to forget that toad genjutsu counts. Yes i knwo you are gonna come back with ur old bullshit it's not his guess what buddy i can say the same thing about edo tensei that it's not his own power since he used other hokage to fight theose hoakge aren't his right lmaoo. Jiraiya went to the toad mountain and trained and got this hm ability just like oro developed edo tensei shit happens.

And like it was said against oro it's not need to use hm at all.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #164
liondemon
Missing Kage

Quote:
Honestly I didnt even look at the toads as shinobis and therefore not shinobi weapons. When I think of Jiraiyas typical shinobi toads I think of larger, weapon weilding toads or the shield like thing the one used to protect Naruto from Kisame. I think of at least some type of headband if not a weapon. Ma and Pa were small enough to sit on Jiraiya's shoulders and other than give advice and sing their genjutsu, they just didnt come off as a shinobi's weapon to me. They were old and basically seemed like they were only summoned in the first place just to help Jiraiya go into Hermit mode.

But if Kakasi's dogs were legal to hold down Zabuza from moving and it be o.k, then I guess Ma and Pa's genjutsu is o.k. and can still be considered his. I just never saw them that way until now. Basically their something like Pakkun who can speak and isn't really large enough to do any serious damage to anyone, but whatever he and the other dogs do to immobilize the enemy can still be credited to Kakshi as well.

It's just hard for me to compare holding somebody down, to using such a powerfull genjutsu, but the fact is that whatever he summoned can do for him in this shinobi world where everything goes, u cant take away from the shinobi that did the summoning. If somebody had explained it like this I could have been understood, but Orochu came up with his own jutsu that forced 2 dead Hokages to do his bidding and their bodies could not be destroyed. Comparing a jutsu like that, that Orochumaru came up with on his own to a jutsu that was done solely by the the toads that Jiraiya summoned couldnt be compared to measure one's personal power, skill,and genius in my opinion, but i cant take Jiraiya's credit away just for the fact that I cant take Kakashi's credit away for using his dogs to immobilize Zabuza that time.

Even Sarutobi's Monkey King helped him, and prevented him from being killed by Orochumaru's sword.

Just the fact that I never saw anyone's summoning use any type of ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu, made me not even see Ma and Pa in the same respect, eventhough Enma as a staff could move on his own, but they can be considered in that sense since they can use genjutsu. Basically Im saying that I was wrong to take away from Jiraiya for their genjutsu. I just wish Kishi had made Jiraiya's success on Pein do to his own, personal jutsu and not that of a toad he summoned. It also would have been nice if Kishi had made Jiraiya not need their help to go into Hermit Mode, and then have them scold him about it as if he wasnt as great as I originally thought he was since he couldnt do it alone yet. Then Jiraiya just started talking about all of his failure in life which really made me doubt what I originally thought about him. I honestly like Jiraiya more than Orochumaru. He is a true soldier, but I was dissapointed about the fact that Jiraiya needed outside help to use the mode and kill Peins 3 bodies. Im a fan of any man being a true warrior/soldier/shinobi due to their own, personal mind and power. I like Kyuubi but i even want Naruto to be great without it. Anyway I must give Jiraiya his respect for the genjutsu that his summoning was capable of because anthing and everything is fair in this Manga.

My bad Distortion but since I was wrong about that and I'm mad it took me this long to see it, I will post this again to make myself feel better. Just read this part of some of Lord Sarutobi's last thoughts for me one more time. Just one more time for the sake of my OPINION on why Orochumaru would defeat Jiraiya... http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/122/07/ I Dont expect to change anybody's mind.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/137/13/ And while these words may be true in some poetic way, It was Orochumaru's jutsu that he used against Sarutobi and on his own body that allowed him to defeat Sarutobi, survive the battle, and regain the use of his arms once again. Also, Orochumaru's own willpower gave him the strength to keep pulling his sword eventhough it was being held by Enma, and Sarutobi had his hands and body almost completely immobile due to his jutsu.

Confucius

Charles Dickens

Akhenaton

Epictetus

Walter Lippmann

Lao Tzu

Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 04-22-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 AM   #165
Jagen-san
The lazy genius

Jagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of light

...wow....this is kinda one sided aint it

Thanx to Mystic 4 da shika banner ^_^

Shikamaru pwns you all!

As does Itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
If you're even considering getting them drunk in hopes of ending your virginity, then you sir are the douche bag that I've always thought you were, except now theres concrete proof of said douche baggery.
LMAO! Damn right!

Link kicks ASS!

Think of me as the counselor of nl!!! need someone 2 talk 2 just pm me and Ill gladly listen!
Jagen-san is offline   Reply With Quote