Jiraiya or Orochumaru - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Jiraiya 135 80.36%
Orochumaru 20 11.90%
tie 13 7.74%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #16
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jiraiya or Orochumaru

Jiraiya would slap the living hell out of Orochimaru.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #17
Torn2Shredz
Academy Student

Torn2Shredz is an unknown quantity at this point

Swamp of the underworld isn't as great as you are making it out to be. It's useless against regular sized oponents that can move quickly. It's also uselss in close quarters combat. And who says that Orochimaru couldn't just walk on it as if it were water? I suspect that it's only good against larger creatures.

As for Edo Tensi, fine, forget the Hokages, use Deidera and Kazkus. One knick and the fights over.

Another point, how was Tsunade rusty yet she had new jutsus?

Another thing, if Orochimaru was able to bite Jariha's neck again the fight would be over. Seeing as he could vomit the blade of Kusonagi right into the sie of his neck.

All i'm saying is that the fight would most likely end up a tie or one or the other capitalizes on a screw up and that side wins. It's just too close to call. Much like the fight between Pain and Jariha, he let his gaurd down briefly and Pain capitalized.

Last edited by Torn2Shredz; 04-10-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Torn2Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #18
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2Shredz View Post
Swamp of the underworld isn't as great as you are making it out to be. It's useless against regular sized oponents that can move quickly.
Are you implying that Orochimaru is fast enough to avoid Swamp of the Underworld? Because, you know, SotU is instant. Have you seen how fast it gets it's victims? Show me where Orochimaru has ever shown any kind of speed that would allow him to avoid SotU.

Quote:
It's also uselss in close quarters combat.
Erm, Jiraiya's main style is using ninjutsu, and so is Orochimaru's style. And Oro tends to keep a good distance between him and his opponent. So no worries there.

Quote:
And who says that Orochimaru couldn't just walk on it as if it were water?
Because it's a swamp? Not regular water? If it were, then the snake that was nearly sunk wouldn't have been in trouble.

Quote:
I suspect that it's only good against larger creatures.
It's even better against regular sized ninjas also, since we saw how large a handicapped Jiraiya can make it. A large swamp from a healthy Jiraiya would be the end of someone like Orochimaru.

Quote:
As for Edo Tensi, fine, forget the Hokages, use Deidera and Kazkus. One knick and the fights over.
Again, where the hell did Orochimaru get Deidara's DNA from? He was blown up. There was nothing left of him. And Kakuzu's body was in Konoha, with Tsunade. Come on now, just stop with the nonsense.

Quote:
Another point, how was Tsunade rusty yet she had new jutsus?
She was rusty in the fight. Meaning she hadn't fought in a good long time. She was busy getting drunk and gambling. I never said she hadn't developed any new jutsus.

Quote:
Another thing, if Orochimaru was able to bite Jariha's neck again the fight would be over. Seeing as he could vomit the blade of Kusonagi right into the sie of his neck.
When have we ever seen Orochimaru ever use a tactic like that? He doesn't use his sword like that. Quit making things up.

Quote:
All i'm saying is that the fight would most likely end up a tie or one or the other capitalizes on a screw up and that side wins. It's just too close to call. Much like the fight between Pain and Jariha, he let his gaurd down briefly and Pain capitalized.
I won't comment on the Pain fight. However, nothing you've said so far has really proven that Orochimaru would beat Jiraiya. Especially not the things you've made up in this topic. =\
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #19
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Mikey you still arguing this we all know jiraiya would rape oro in an instant why even use swamp of the underworld lmfaooo just FROG STOMACH that's all the only ninja to ever break it was itachi why because he had amaterasu does orochiamru have amaterasu no.

Besides i remember a thread long ago like a month ago i saw it it was made a while back though way before i came and it's like"the strongest saniin or something" jiraiya has like in the 100's oro's is like 50's lmfaooo.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #20
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namikaze85 View Post
Mikey you still arguing this we all know jiraiya would rape oro in an instant why even use swamp of the underworld lmfaooo just FROG STOMACH that's all the only ninja to ever break it was itachi why because he had amaterasu does orochiamru have amaterasu no.

Besides i remember a thread long ago like a month ago i saw it it was made a while back though way before i came and it's like"the strongest saniin or something" jiraiya has like in the 100's oro's is like 50's lmfaooo.
I can't help it. =\ He's kind of making things up here, so....yeah. Can't help it.

Your turn.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #21
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

Nah i won't waste arguing a point less debate you shouldn't either.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #22
Torn2Shredz
Academy Student

Well Mike, we'll have to agree to disagree on the swamp.

As for getting the DNA of Deidera and Kazkus, remember that Orochimaru was part of Akatsuki. I don't think that it would have been difficult to have gotten a few hairs from either one (follicles intact, for you bio people, of which I was one).

As for Tsunade we don't know enought about her history to know if she was rusty or not.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/295/14-15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/166/12/
I spent 4 minutes to find these two prints. Enjoy them Mike. I don't make things up.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #23
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Was it this one?

http://forums.narutocentral.com/show...rongest+sannin

Talk about a landslide win.

Quote:
Nah i won't waste arguing a point less debate you shouldn't either.
Aww, BOOOO!!! *hits Nami over the head with an empty beer bottle*

I could always make this more interesting by arguing for Orochimaru. But, I'd have limited material to work with, and well, while I am a fan of Orochimaru in general, I don't feel right defending him against someone like Jiraiya, when I know Jiraiyia is superior. =\

Quote:
That's fine. Though, I really don't see how you can disagree, when you really open your eyes and think about it. *shrug*

Quote:
As for getting the DNA of Deidera and Kazkus, remember that Orochimaru was part of Akatsuki. I don't think that it would have been difficult to have gotten a few hairs from either one (follicles intact, for you bio people, of which I was one).
Oh. So then, Orochimaru magically knows the exact locations of where Deidara blew up, and where Kakashi finished Kakuzu off? Dude, stop with giving Orochimaru these magical advantages.

Quote:
As for Tsunade we don't know enought about her history to know if she was rusty or not.
*facepalm*

Quote:
I spent 4 minutes to find these two prints. Enjoy them Mike. I don't make things up.
You're showing me that Orochimaru can extend his limbs. Why are you showing me obvious things? Did I argue against that? If this is related to the tactic you mentioned, yes, it is made up. Again, when has Orochimaru shown to bite someone, and shove his sword down their throats? Never. If this is you trying to imply that Oro can just extend his way out of SotU, then, no. I fail to see how Oro can go any further than that, when a SotU from a healthy Jiraiya should be much larger.

Edit: And yeah, you do make things up. That much was crystal clear the second you brought Edo Tensei into the mix, and having Oro summon the Kages, along with Deidara and Kakuzu, then implying that Oro is fast enough to avoid SotU. MADE UP KTHXBYE.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 04-10-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #24
Torn2Shredz
Academy Student

And Nami, truth isn't a democracy.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #25
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:

Even though i said i wouldn't i must lmfaooo.

Deidara wasn't in akatsuki back then he is a new member and itachi almost killed oro for trying to take over him what do you think a guy with 5 hearts would do to a loser like oro if he tried anything stupid he would be dead why do you think he fled akatsuki because he failed against itachi and ran from fear of them killing him. kthxbaiiiiiiii

Nice panels you show us an oro who uses his fuking head to fail against naruto then you show us a panel of a 30% jiraiya were needle guardian didn't even work properly very nice hey how about you spend the rest of your time re reading the manga how cool would that be huh

And mikey doesn't have to agree with shit hell swamp is instant by the time oro finishes any seals he will be doing them under the swamp and die.

Or perhaps you forgot the part were jiraiya uses Toad stomach and kills oro last i checked he doesn't have amaterasu.

But oh wait i am sure he happened to snag a piece of itachi's dna and develop it right

ZZzzzzzzzZ
Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #26
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

I cant believe u said that she was rusty. If that's not the biggest excuse for a shinobi. If that's the case then all the Sannin were rusty except Orochumaru because Orochumaru is still learning and perfecting new jutsu. And if u think that rusty is a legitimate excuse then that would prove my point that by Orochumaru's constant experiments with jutsu, and I'm sure practicing to prefect them, he would still be better than Jiraiya and Tsunade. They're both a little "rusty".

Orocumaru could probably slither over the swamp at a fast speed like we have seen him do on ground. He moves at a much faster rate than a large snake. Even if Orochumaru sank in Jiraiya's swamp, he could just extend his neck as far as he pleased outside of Jiraiya's swamp and vomited himself.

Forget Deidara's DNA. THe 4th was in the demon god's belly and he was about to bring his soul back from the demon god's belly. Who knows what other powerfull ninja's DNA Orochumaru may have. DNA is in the blood. All he has to do is fight someone and get their blood on him or let a snake bite them. He could easily have the former Kasegae's DNA. And eventhough Jiraiya may be better than anybody Orochumaru can summon in a 1 on 1 fight, he wont be so luc with a 3 or more on 1 fight, and Orochumaru. Kabuto keeps a scroll of dead bodies sealed up. It isnt unlikely 4 Orochumaru to have his own. He may even keep tags with him at all time in case he needs or wants to use them. It really doesnt take very much time. Not any or much more time than some of the other jutu's we have seen used in this Manga. Sasuke's Kirin, Gaara's transformation, Naruto's transformation from 1 to four tails.

Do we have to see Orochumaru poke his sword directly into someone's neck to assume that he might do it. He does like to bite people on the neck and he does like to use his sword. Why not?

I will comment on the Pain fight. Jiraiya got hardly anywhere with his own justu, and he defeated those 3 bodies with a jutsu that wasnt even his own. Ma and Pa defeated Pein's three bodies. Jiraiya is my man. I'm not an Orochumaru fanboy. I hate how Orochumaru will quickly run away to avoid more trouble instead of showing guts and fighting it out as Jiraiya would and did. It's just common sense if u consider that Orochumaru left Konoha the strongest Sannin and for at least 20 years straight kept working on NEW ninjutsu while Tsunade and Jiraiya got "RUSTY".

Please, no more Jiraiya little fanboys and girls voting in the poll. Seriously though, I want a decision based on the facts of the manga. I'm not interested on who u like better between the 2, and that's seems to be what I'm getting.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #27
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Lion demon you failll end of story
http://forums.narutocentral.com/show...rongest+sannin

Oro failed in that thread miserbaly and he is failing here too he is a failure.

Jiraiya uses frog stomach and oro is gone it's funny how you use edo tensei when we know you need prep time for that like big prep time and no giving oro prep time to make your side of the argument stronger is lame you fail oro fails.

Last edited by Namikaze85; 04-10-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #28
Torn2Shredz
Academy Student

I'm just saying that he has two abilities that when put together can be very deadly. The ability to extend his neck to bite someone and the ability to stab them via a sword produced from his throat would be quite a deadly attack.

Also, DNA isn't as hard to come by as you might think. (He could have collected some premordem, therefore he wouldn't have had to have known where they died) (And did you ever notice that he was about to ressurect the 4th, yet the fourth used the same jutsu that Sarotobi did to seal the kyubi in Naruto)

And as for the idea that he couldn't control his ressurections. I remind you that he ressurected the 1st hokage, the one that beat Madara.

Again, toad stomach most likely can only be used in an enclosed area, otherwise it would be too easy to spot and avoid.

Wether you agree with me or not makes little difference to the facts at hand.

Last edited by Torn2Shredz; 04-10-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #29
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Quote:
I'm just saying that he has two abilities that when put together can be very deadly. The ability to extend his neck to bite someone and the ability to stab them via a sword produced from his throat would be quite a deadly attack.
Needle guardian at 100% jiraiya can take care of that bite. zzzzzzz

Quote:
Also, DNA isn't as hard to come by as you might think. (He could have collected some premordem, there fore he wouldn't have had to have known where they died) (And did you ever notice that he was about to ressurect the 4th, yet the fourth used the same jutsu that Sarotobi did to see the kyubi in Naruto)
Very nice however you need prep time for edo tensei PREP TIME PREP TIME PREP TIME get it yet there is no giving oro prep time to make your side of the argument stronger you faill faill faill and 10 posts from now you'll still be failing. zzz

Quote:
And as for the idea that he couldn't control his ressurections. I remind you that he ressurected the 1st hokage, the one that beat Madara.
This verse same as the first no prept time prep time prep time no prep time see i was right you are still failing....

Quote:
Again, toad stomach most likely can only be used in an enclosed area, otherwise it would be too easy to spot and avoid.
Um no sorry that's not how the jutsu works jiraiya use the jutsu then you and the user are encased in the mouth of the toad and about to get eaten the enemy that is.. jiraiy already used toda stmoach outside when in the rain country and also could digusie it you also have no proof to say it could only be used indoors lmfaooo gtfo with that bullshit..

Quote:
Wether you agree with me or not makes little difference to the facts at hand.
yeah facts still say oro is a failure kind like this post

kthxbaiii.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #30
Torn2Shredz
Academy Student

I agree with LionDemon, just because you like Jaraiya more doesn't necessitate that he is superior to Orochimaru.

I still believe with the facts at hand that it's still too close to call.