A Girl goes to Japan to kill herself - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
kenneth20748
Chuunin

kenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the roughkenneth20748 is a jewel in the rough
A Girl goes to Japan to kill herself

Quote:
21-year-old Skye Lynn Budnick, a student at Central Connecticut State University and member of the university's anime club, has disappeared after traveling to Japan on a one-way ticket that she bought without informing her family. She left the United States on April 1 and was last seen on April 7 at an inn in Noboribetsu, a city on Japan's northern island of Hokkaido. Budnick's family traveled to Hokkaido to search for her and have been working with the United States Embassy, the United States Consulate in Sapporo, and local police. However, her sister, Megan Budnick, returned home Friday without finding any additional information about the woman after her April 7 stay at the inn. The sisters' mother, Susan Budnick, remains in Japan to continue the search.

According to the Record-Journal newspaper of Meridien, Connecticut, Budnick left her home in the nearby town of Southington with only her laptop and about US$800 in cash. Several days after she disappeared, her family logged into her email account and found her travel itinerary and a suicide note that she composed, but did not send. Budnick's friends and relatives mentioned that she had been an anime fan since middle school, and that she was generally quiet and did not have many friends. She had recently failed several classes, and reportedly, only remained in school to be allowed to participate in the activities of the anime club.

The United States Consulate in Sapporo has asked that people with more information on Budnick's whereabouts to call (011) 641-1115 (from overseas, call 81-11-641-1115).
When an otaku has gone too far. I am in no way trying to make light of this because this is serious, but people, there has to be a time in your life were you realize that somethings are just not worth it. What is your thoughts?

kenneth20748 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
jimmer45khb
Monkey D Luffy

jimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud of
Re: A Girl goes to Japan to kill herself

this is sad one should not take there life over things like failed classes or not have many friends it is not worth it we will never know why she did it.
IMO it was stress or some thing still it couldn't have been that bad could it

CO-Owner of The Nine-Tailed Fox Demons fc
One Piece FC
Final Fantasy FC
Proud Owner of
Kage FC
Member of
jimmer45khb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

What does being an Anime fan have to do with her suicide? Also.. wtf is an otaku..
Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
jimmer45khb
Monkey D Luffy

jimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Otacon : It stands for Otaku Convention. An Otaku is a guy like me who
likes Japanimation.

(Japanese anime clips are shown.)

Otacon : Japan was the first country to successfully make bipedal robots.
They're still the best today in the field of robotics.

Snake : And Japanese cartoons played some part in that?
this is a otaku

CO-Owner of The Nine-Tailed Fox Demons fc
One Piece FC
Final Fantasy FC
Proud Owner of
Kage FC
Member of

Last edited by jimmer45khb; 04-25-2008 at 08:20 PM.
jimmer45khb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
Keisok
Genin

Keisok is on a distinguished road

I don't really feel too sorry about her. I know people who have lives several times more crappy (including my own) and she kills herself because of failing a few classes and not having a lot of friends. That's pathetic.

She should have known that there are other people in this world that have lives infinitely worse than hers...

A favorite quote: Are you thinking what I'm thinking that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem.

An Owner of:

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN
Keisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisok View Post
I don't really feel too sorry about her. I know people who have lives several times more crappy (including my own) and she kills herself because of failing a few classes and not having a lot of friends. That's pathetic.

She should have known that there are other people in this world that have lives infinitely worse than hers...
1. They don't know what happened to her, for all we know she's living happily with a rich Japanese man.
2. Do you always think about those other unfortunate people when you bitch and complain about your life? You say yourself that your life is crappier than hers, but what about the starving children in Africa, eh? Your life is probably pretty damn comfortable compared to theirs.
3. How do you know that her life isn't as miserable as others? It sounds like she might not be completely right in the head, and when you have mental or psychological problems your life can be a living Hell.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
Keisok
Genin

Keisok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
1. They don't know what happened to her, for all we know she's living happily with a rich Japanese man.
2. Do you always think about those other unfortunate people when you bitch and complain about your life? You say yourself that your life is crappier than hers, but what about the starving children in Africa, eh? Your life is probably pretty damn comfortable compared to theirs.
3. How do you know that her life isn't as miserable as others? It sounds like she might not be completely right in the head, and when you have mental or psychological problems your life can be a living Hell.
In response to your three points

1. True. I don't know what happened to her. She could be living happily for all I know. That portion of my statement was in the event that she actually decided to off herself.

2, 3. ... I will concede these points. After all, some people don't think their actions too clearly before doing it, which this does seem to be the case here.

My apologies about sounding so prickish. It just tends to irritate me that people can't recognize that life has it's ups and downs and they have to learn to live with it...

A favorite quote: Are you thinking what I'm thinking that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem.

An Owner of:

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN
Keisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
Satoku
One Pump Chump

Satoku is on a distinguished roadSatoku is on a distinguished road

foolish otakus
EDIT: maybe killed herself from the Japanese screaming Gojira at her

Last edited by Satoku; 04-25-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Satoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
videosk8er
Genin

videosk8er has a spectacular aura aboutvideosk8er has a spectacular aura aboutvideosk8er has a spectacular aura aboutvideosk8er has a spectacular aura about

Maybe so was planning to kill herself but chaged her mind and went to japan? I don't know but Keisok is right when he says "life has it's ups and downs and they have to learn to live with it..."

Naruto's worst nightmare

My FC's
The naruto FC,The new uchia sasuke FC,The new uchia clan FC,the new madara uchia FC,The final fantasyFC,The kingdom hearts FC, and the rock lee FC

Youtube and veoh

Don't read
I SAID DON'T READ!!!!!YOU NOW HAVE TO REP ME GREEN!!!!

videosk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Imo, I guess being a true anime fan that she is, she would go to Japan where anime are originated from...possibly to get a job in some company that makes anime and work with them where she would be truly happy. It could be that the suicide note she made was intended for not being happy in the U.S. so will go and commit suicide...but had second thoughts about having enough money to go to Japan and work with a anime company.

Or...she possibly went to Japan and do a harakiri since its traditional there.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #11
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
No need to attack the guy, he was only offering a few respectful words.

Anyways--hopefully the chick is all right.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #12
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

What's a harakiri?

Anyway, I agree with both LN and keisok, LN is right cuz you have to consider many possibilities, and Kei is right because you have to consider what other people are going through, how lucky you truly are. Personally, I think it is just a phase she is going through and went to Japan to relax as her passion, anime, originated from there. The suicide note could have been written in frustration. I should know, I have been there, I have had suicidal thoughts and I have written a suicide note, but the reason for those was because I was angry, scared, lonely, and confused. I don't have many friends, but, then again, who does? You don't need to have 100 friends to be happy, all you need is at least 1 good friend. I'm sure she didn't commit suicide, she could just be venting some anger, and when she is done, she'll return to "US" (teehee, couldn't help myself) and get reprimanded for it. That's my opinion.

catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #13
videosk8er
Genin

videosk8er has a spectacular aura aboutvideosk8er has a spectacular aura aboutvideosk8er has a spectacular aura aboutvideosk8er has a spectacular aura about

It's when u kill urself honorablely I think

Naruto's worst nightmare

My FC's
The naruto FC,The new uchia sasuke FC,The new uchia clan FC,the new madara uchia FC,The final fantasyFC,The kingdom hearts FC, and the rock lee FC

Youtube and veoh

Don't read
I SAID DON'T READ!!!!!YOU NOW HAVE TO REP ME GREEN!!!!

videosk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #14
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

Hmm, interesting, thanks for the nohingo lesson. What are your thoughts on this? I mean, your certain thoughts, like your theory, not what you said earlier, as you sounded unsure.

catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #15
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by videosk8er View Post
It's when u kill urself honorablely I think
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilena1890 View Post
Hmm, interesting, thanks for the nohingo lesson. What are your thoughts on this? I mean, your certain thoughts, like your theory, not what you said earlier, as you sounded unsure.
I think that the girl is just lonely & confused...she needs to talk to someone who can understand what shes going through...I'd suggest a therapist. Like you said, I've been in a hellhole for years and managed to make it through thanks to friends.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote