Somethings you guys might want on the forums... - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

Old 05-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #16
corbenk

At the GS forums we had member awards. They were held every 6 months. Members nominated members for 20 catagories, the the top 3 or 4 they voted on.

There is more, if anyone wants to start it I can tell you all the info.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #17
SylentChaos
Jounin

SylentChaos can only hope to improve
for some reason 6_NaRuTo_6 dissapointed me since i wanted to start things off instead hosting his own little thing off i was about to close the topic up and cancel everything but its for you guys.

EX-Staff & Legendary S.Mod in GFX forum @ NarutoCentral.com
SylentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #18
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Kagami Kyoji is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it! However, 20 is a bit much. I would go with like 5 awards then have it every 2 weeks or month or something.

"To remove liberty from will is to remove morality from one's acts"

Kagami Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #19
[Daisuke]
Eeeek!

[Daisuke] is an unknown quantity at this point
make it atleast every 2 months I'd say, so that the awards atleast retain some kind of meaning. Preferably every 3 or 4 months IMO.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #20
corbenk

I like every 4 months... Well I like 1 a year but no one else does. Hereis the message for the voting topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_End
It's time for the voting! It's a bit early... But yeah! Enjoy!

Member with the Best Username? (usmellthat, napsterisevil, Pac-Man, Fondel_Me, Nollog, Binxy)
Member with the Best Title? (Canuckian Brit, Sharker5, Barber, Black-Joker, Sir Auron)
Member with the Best Avatar (Chronokaiser, Pac-Man, Trel, TheSupremeRuler, Barber, SirAuron)
Member with the Best Sig? (Pac-Man, TheSupremeRuler, YamiRaichu, Morbo)
Member who makes the Most Interesting Topics? (Mistikdrifter, The_under_grad, Smokerebel)
Member who makes the Most Dramatic Topics? (The_under_grad, mistikdrifter)
Member who makes the Best Replies in Topics? (Barber, Rinoa, Murderous_Sniper, Mistikdrifter, Smokerebel, Nollog)
Biggest Spammer? (Hellknight, Nollog, Tetsuya)
Biggest n00b? (Irish_Monkey, Tetsuya, Beserk)
Most Helpful Member? (Pac-Man, Barber, Blues-Eyes, TheSupremeRuler, Rinoa, Sharker5)
Favourite Admin? (Omen, Tito_Fabulous, Lik)
Favourite Mod? (Barber, Sharker5, Binxy, Canuckian Brit, Pac-Man)
Favourite VIP? (SSBM, Ayako, Blue-Eyes, Murderous_Sniper, crazy-bastard)
Favourite Regular Member? (Rinoa, KPHipHopper)
Member Who Should Visit More Often? (JLM333, Cameraman, mr. manslayer, Satans Sister)
Most Overrated Member? (Beserk, Rinoa, Geo)
Most UnderRated Member? (The SupremeRuler, Cameraman, all_powerful_det, grim1500, Expert, BlackRose)
Member who should be staff member? (Gkmarzgeo, Rinoa, Nollog, MurderouisSniper, Luap_Tha_Ghost, SmokeRebel)
Member who is Always Online: (Sharker5, Nollog, StarSage, Black-Joker, BlueFire, Pac-Man, Barber)
Funniest Member: (Napsterisevil, SirAuron, Usmellthat, Andvari300, Gkmarzgeo, Nollog, Creeper)
Most Serious Member: Pacokorn77, evildsin, Beserk, the_under_grad, Shavnir, Nollog, pkmnkllr2000, Tickettack)
Best Profile: (BlueFire, Ella, jerrysanman2.0, Pac-Man, Satans Sister)
Overall Favorite Member (Expert, Tigre, SirAuron, SSBM, Grim1500, Calmage5x, Riona, ChronoKaiser, MistikDrifter, BlueFire)

*Bonus Awards*

BestRolePlayer (In RPG Forum): (StarSage, Shadow_Wolf, lalala, CameraMan, Ryoko, jerrysanmon2.0)
Best RPG Story Writer (RPG Forum): Cameraman, StarSage, lalala, SirAuron, Pac-Man)
Best Image Creator: (TheSupremeRuler, Pac-Man, RockDude, KpHipHopper, LiquidViper, Yami_Raichu, Beserk)
Biggest News Reporter: (SmokeRebel, Pacokorn77)
Best Post in the Nintendo Forum: (Pacokorn77, Trel, Tetsuya)
Best Post in the Sony Forum: (Snake-eater, Black-Joker, KpHipHopper, Tigre, grim1500)
Best Poster in the Microsoft Forum: (Morgan Lander, Xeightball, umbrella_worker)
Best Poster in Handheld Forum: (Snake-eater, Quickman, Omen, gogeta65, importer1)
Best GameShark Online Couple: (all_powerfull_det&lalala, Ryoko&Luap_Tha_Ghost, Riona&Napsterisevil, Calmage5x&jerrysanman2.0, Nollog&SirAuron'sFoot, Black Rose & NCFootball)

Only vote for what is here. If you vote for someone that is not on the list of people it will be discarded and not counted.

Keep all post in about the awards in in it's respected topic. If you post anything besided votes in here you will be given a warning first and then dealt with.

[BARBEREDIT] I edited in the best couple nominees that were left out...people who voted before can edit their counts now if they want too[/BARBEREDIT]]

the-end's edit: My apologies for any confusion! If you have any other problems with questions 1-16, pm me. If it's a question between 17-32 pm Binxy. Thanks.
I was "The_Under_Grad".... In the end I lost to mistikdrifter by 5 for the "Most dramatic topics" category. and I lost by 30 in the "most intresting" category.

One more thing. The prize was a special custom sig with you name on it and what category you won.

Last edited by corbenk; 05-11-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #21
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Kagami Kyoji is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a lot...well...doesnt matter...not my thing to keep track of...feel sorry for the person who does! XD

"To remove liberty from will is to remove morality from one's acts"

Kagami Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #22
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
I think constests would be cool. The winner could get...say a custom title saying something similar to the award.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #23
nhstennisballer2007
Chuunin

nhstennisballer2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
this sound pretty good i look forward to do it
nhstennisballer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #24
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
nice idea but im scared things my get a lil competetive on the sig contest thing
IF anything was to happen to the point where the integrity of the forums was to deterorate the mods will take care of it.

As far as awrads go. I think that the member that is the winner for a certain contest should be able to have their title as a custom title (ex. Mine is Teakage). Most peoples are just ranks. This will provide an incentive to people to become competative and great.

We should hold contests every few weeks. IF the winner of that contest loses the next contest, he will lose the custom title until beating them once again.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #25
corbenk

With the way the awards work you could only do it onceevery 3 months and even then.... Once a year made things intresting kinda like the chunin exams.

If we are going to do this I would want to help with well.... Anything.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:33 AM   #26
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Oooh... That's an interesting catch, Fresh... that way, you could ensure that the winner of the contest will continue acting the way he did. This will make people happy, as the winner obviously made them happy prior to the award. It's a way to keep the happy flowing for as long as possible! I swear that I am not on drugs.