Global Warming. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
Cookies and MILF
Missing-Nin

Cookies and MILF will become famous soon enoughCookies and MILF will become famous soon enough
Global Warming.

Okay, i fail to find a global warming debate on here.
Lots of people are debating wether or not global warming is real.
Including magazines, for instance i read a Nation Geographic that said the Earth itself is cooling, due to the Earth drifting away from the sun, which sorry to say, i think is shit.

But i just want to see how many people think it's real or if it's bullshit.

And please, if you post, put some backup to your post, not just "Yes" or "NO"

I mean, some help to convince people.
Cookies and MILF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Boo!
Missing-Nin

Boo! is a jewel in the roughBoo! is a jewel in the roughBoo! is a jewel in the roughBoo! is a jewel in the roughBoo! is a jewel in the roughBoo! is a jewel in the rough
Re: Global Warming.

yes, vegetarians are eating the plants which help create carbon dioxide and cool things down and plus trees provide shade and more carbon dioxide but it also gets taken down to cause more heat and less carbon dioxide
Boo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
Cookies and MILF
Missing-Nin

Cookies and MILF will become famous soon enoughCookies and MILF will become famous soon enough

Im a vegitarian, and i know vegitarians are not the only people who contribute to it.

That's getting off topic, which will lead to closing, i want this to last a little.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
Kamakazi
Chuunin

Kamakazi is on a distinguished road

Its real to an extent. I think people are over analyzing it, and freaking out a little to much.
But agree that if we don't do something about it now, our planet will only get worse.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
Minamoto4444
Genin

Minamoto4444 is an unknown quantity at this point

already made. http://forums.narutocentral.com/show...Global+Warming
Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

That thread is almost a year old. Let's breathe some new life into this forum and let that one stay dead. Continue the discussion here.

It still boggles my mind when people deny that global warming exists. Come on, even the Bush Administration is finally saying it's there. Even if it isn't entirely man's fault and it is just part of the Earth's natural heating and cooling cycle, it is still a problem. There's a reason why dinosaurs thrived before: The average year-round temperature was something crazy like 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. That won't be good for us.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #7
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

I do believe it to exist, but I don't think that the US government should be restricting and regulating things because of it. We are going to die sometime, and it is either going to be from global warming or we are going to all kill ourselves. There are worse problems in this world than global warming.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
Missing-Nin

is an unknown quantity at this point

Global warming is bad that's all you need to know.
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
saskatu
Blitzkrieg

saskatu is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't believe in global warming, I believe that the earth is going through normal cycles are causing the planet to heat up.

Ice melting puts cool water into part of the ocean not normally cool, this changes dynamics and weather flows and patterns too. If weather patterns become less robust in some areas they do not allow the distributive affects to move the air and allow for less cooling, this changes airflows, it changes everything.

Boo! trees provide Oxygen not Carbon dioxide.

saskatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
Cookies and MILF
Missing-Nin

Yeah Boo!
The trees turn the Co2 that we make from breathing into oxygen.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
Nic
Missing-Nin

Nic is infamous around these partsNic is infamous around these parts

"Super Nova!"
The way Al Gore explains global warming makes me shit bordness.
Al gore is a complete idiot, has no idea what the fuck he's saying.

Due to him being an idiot, i went at an AEP school, and on the last day mother wrote a note for me NOT to watch his film, so i had to sit in isolation ALL day.

Al Gore makes me not belive in global warming.
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatu View Post
I don't believe in global warming, I believe that the earth is going through normal cycles are causing the planet to heat up.

Ice melting puts cool water into part of the ocean not normally cool, this changes dynamics and weather flows and patterns too. If weather patterns become less robust in some areas they do not allow the distributive affects to move the air and allow for less cooling, this changes airflows, it changes everything.
It's true that the planet has periods of warming and cooling. The temperature raises exponentially, like a small percent each time. Thing is, humanity is introducing factors that change this exponential growth. For the purpose of example I'm going to pull some random numbers out of my ass. Let's say that from 1700 to 1750 the overall global temperature rises 2%. From 1771 to 1800 the temperature rises 2.5%. From 1801 to 1850 it rises 3.125%. So, it's exponentially rising by a fourth of each percent every forty-nine, fifty years. Now, with all the fossil fuels and harmful chemicals we spew into the air that fourth changes to a third, then to a half, etcetera. That's the global warming people are usually talking about. And because things are getting hotter the ice caps are melting, as you say, and the cooler water is screwing with the weather, as you say. The natural world isn't able to adapt fast enough, so that's why we're having insane weather. It's snowing where it shouldn't (Iraq had snow last year, I believe, and no one is alive from the time it snowed before then), it's burning up everywhere, there's flash floods when it isn't flood season, hurricanes outside of tornado valley (which isn't unheard of, but is the probability isn't very high), etcetera.

Denying global warming doesn't make sense when there's this much evidence to back it up.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #13
shigshwa
Missing-Nin

shigshwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
I do believe it to exist, but I don't think that the US government should be restricting and regulating things because of it. We are going to die sometime, and it is either going to be from global warming or we are going to all kill ourselves. There are worse problems in this world than global warming.
Well, if we do, hopefully it wont be in my lifetime... If it gets too hot or something, we could probably live underground, like Japan kinda does. They got shopping centers underground! I heard it stays around 60 all the time.
shigshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 AM   #14
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja
And because things are getting hotter the ice caps are melting, as you say, and the cooler water is screwing with the weather, as you say. The natural world isn't able to adapt fast enough, so that's why we're having insane weather. It's snowing where it shouldn't (Iraq had snow last year, I believe, and no one is alive from the time it snowed before then), it's burning up everywhere, there's flash floods when it isn't flood season, hurricanes outside of tornado valley (which isn't unheard of, but is the probability isn't very high), etcetera.
To give a bit more insight to this matter (the effect of global warming on weather, that is), I'll say what little bit I know from when I was studying meteorology a few years ago.

From what I remember, a good amount of the weather is created and/or affected by the state of the electro-magnetic field surrounding the earth. This field has something or other to do with the average air temperature and the moisture in the air, but I'm not going to pretend as though I know the specifics.

Anyway, the varying air temperatures and humidity and etc. determine what weather we get. This extends from simple wind currents to things as disastrous as hurricanes or tornados.

Now for the problem with global warming. The global warming is causing freshwater glaciers and large portions of ice near the poles to melt. The ocean is made up mostly of saltwater, and that saltwater is what holds together the grand "scheme" of things, so to speak. If you were to do an experiment, you'd see that saltwater takes longer to freeze than freshwater because of that sole factor--that it contains salt. And as I said before, the weather is affected by the amount of water in the air and etc.

If the oceans saline(is that the right word?) level is changing to become a lower amount, then more water will be able to evaporate into the air, which would cause more moisture/humidity, of course, and that would then change air pressure and wind currents, which would then cause a shift in the electro-magnetic field, which, if you aren't already aware of it - would be disastrous.

Ultimately, we've already seen the effects of this happening, as LN said. Snow in places it isn't supposed to snow, grand tsunamis popping up everywhere, a higher frequency of deadly hurricanes and tropical storms, flood rates higher than ever before, and do I even need to mention the tornado that touched down in Southern California just recently? The weather is going haywire. Evidence of a shift in the electro-magnetic field.

Which, honestly, to tell the truth, is not simply at the fault of we humans. Scientists believe that the Earth goes through "cycles" of changes. Such as the Ice Age and so forth. They believe that every now and then, (every now and then being like, millions of years), the Earth's electro-magnetic field shifts drastically. They believe that is what caused the Ice Age. And they believe that now, it's happening again, and we helped it come faster than before.

There's also some who believe that the great "shift" will occur on the date which was supposedly "set" by the Mayans. You know, how their calendar ends on December 21 of 2012. Their calendar was done in "cycles" (13, I believe), marking "eras" in Earth's history. They think that maybe December 12, 2012, isn't so much the end of the world as in an apocalypse as it is the end of the world as we know it, meaning perhaps another drastic shift in the magnetic field that could ruin the human race (volcanos going off, tsunamis, hurricane, other worldly disasters that could easily cause us to die out).

And so forth.

Anyway, I believe in global warming, and I believe that it's inevitable.

Also, guys, I wrote this post from what I could remember straight out of my head, so don't expect me to be able to quote NASA or whatever on the stuff I said. I'm not saying that what I said is the only truth to be had, it just happens to be a combination of what I've read/heard and what I, personally, think about the situation.

So yeah. <_<

Last edited by Tsuna; 06-19-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
shigshwa
Missing-Nin

shigshwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
There's also some who believe that the great "shift" will occur on the date which was supposedly "set" by the Mayans. You know, how their calendar ends on December 21 of 2012. Their calendar was done in "cycles" (13, I believe), marking "eras" in Earth's history. They think that maybe December 12, 2012, isn't so much the end of the world as in an apocalypse as it is the end of the world as we know it, meaning perhaps another drastic shift in the magnetic field that could ruin the human race (volcanos going off, tsunamis, hurricane, other worldly disasters that could easily cause us to die out).
Dont believe that 2012 crud. The real info is here:

http://www.dailycommonsense.com/2012...dnt-be-feared/
shigshwa is offline   Reply With Quote