Reversing unjustified red rep - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Hall of Fail

Hall of Fail Some of the stupidest threads you will ever find are located here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
Reversing unjustified red rep

Im not going to point fingers, but lately I have been getting stupid red rep from someone who argues a correctly spelled word is indeed mispelled (and feels the need to red rep) or flames me in a rep without leaving a name. I don't really care if I get flamed in a rep by an anonymous post, but I don't like having to worry about some child feeling the need to red rep me all the time.

My question is, can red rep be reversed/deleted if it isn't justified (or the abuser punished)? For example, if I ask for green in the Rep Game thread, and some person gives me red once or many times...can something be done to solve this? I don't want my rep to go down because I've worked for every bar there.

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reversing unjustified red rep

That person can only rep you a max of once per day, and in order to rep you again, he would have to rep 10 other people before being able to rep you again.

If you don't want red rep, then don't take the chance of posting in the rep thread.

I can give you the persons name so you can give him one of your epic speeches about how much hes hurting your feelings, which might get him to stop.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Old 06-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Well said Shino.

I would think that someone who is 20 years old might realize just how little reputation on a forum matters. Of course the system is abused. The Rep Thread is all about people begging their peers so that they can look cool. If we really took it as seriously as you seem to believe then there wouldn't be guys with 50 posts who have a full green bar.

I look forward to your eventual Spam posts, shitty AIM conversation attempt, and/or DeadJournal rant.

Please grow up.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, you guys won the thread. ):

But to throw in my own two cents:

On this forum, rep is completely and utterly meaningless. Freshgrease, as intelligent and mature as I seem to have assumed you were - someone like you shouldn't be bothered by something as insignifigant as a couple of red reps, which I highly doubt put much of a dent into your current amount of reputation points anyway. What exactly is so horrible about getting a neg rep from a noob, especially when you're so bothered by it that it gets to the point where you feel as though you need to complain about it to us mods+? Reacting the way you are is probably just satisfying whatever need for amusement the noob had in continously neg repping you. You're playing into his/her hands by letting it get to you.

Rep abuse on this forum is so widespread and absolute that it can no longer be called abuse because it has become normal and expected. When there is a thread in which members beg for rep in order to get the "omglulzkewlbars" under their avatars, that should be a clue to you that rep doesn't matter. And if someone is negging you when you have asked for green rep, well, isn't that sort of your fault for posting in a reputation-based thread? There will always be those who entertain themselves by annoying others. A noob who gives a neg when someone asks for a positive is one of these types of people, much like a troll.

And since when have you been susceptible to trolling, of all people?

Get it together, Freshgrease, you're failing hard. :/
Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Mods-only party thread?

I actually don't see the big deal about FG making this request. Yeah, reps don't mean shit, but isn't flaming via rep against the rules? Though, I can see the idea that mods have to moderate the rep game thread is a tad ridiculous.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
Shino

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, flames in rep comments are against the rules, but he was never flammed though. He's just upset that he got red rep when he asked for green in the rep thread.

This is nothing more than him being a crybaby that needs to grow up.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

There's a difference, though. Freshgrease wasn't just complaining about the flaming in his rep comments. If it were simply that, it'd be a different story and far more acceptable. But he was speaking of being continously neg repped by some inconsequential nooblet, and that's when it becomes idiotic. Do we really need to monitor reps now? Is it really necessary?

And the idea of mods having to regulate the Rep Game is indeed ridiculous. If that's the case, then we might as well reset the entire reputation system and prohibit the creation of a Rep Game.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

He didn't seem to be serious about his rep complaint. It's probably just one of his jokes to make you all get worked up and start dissing him while he watches and laughs from the sidelines.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #9
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Perhaps...perhaps not.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
Shino

I don't think FG is that smart...and IF that is what he did, I guarantee someone else gave him the idea to do it. Cause we all know the only thing he's good at is making epic apologies.

Either way, it's still fun to rip on him because he just sits there and takes it since he knows he can't win.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #11
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Barry speaks the truth.

I honestly don't think it was a joke though. Seemed too...honest. If that makes any sense at all. I don't think it does, but whatever lol.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #12
Miburo

Oh lawd, this thread is awesome. XD

Also, repped FG red for lulz.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #13
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Miburo just won the thread.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #14
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Moved to be remembered.

Even if he was trolling us here, all that happened was a bunch of mods coming down hard on him because none of us like him. ...Which I can live with.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #15
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

It shall be remembered forever.
And lol.
Closed Thread