sharingan, bunshin and jutsu - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
manig
Academy Student

manig is an unknown quantity at this point
sharingan, bunshin and jutsu

Hello all! am new here..
got some questions that are not specific to either anime or manga. They're about the naruto world in general. However, I tend to follow the anime, and seeing as the manga is quite far ahead, i'm not too keen on finding out story spoilers. But anyway, these are probably opinion questions as i doubt there are any answers to these in the story itself. It would be Fantastic if i could write to the creator himself to get some answers, but that's pretty much impossible at the moment

1. Why is it necessary for ninja to utter the name of a technique before performing it? Is it a type of vocal command without which the technique won't work? I understand from an author's point of view it's necessary to give the audience info about the techniques used.. I'm wondering about the naruto world's point of view. I seem to remember instances when ninja released techniques without voicing the names, and maybe even without hand seals..

2. Can the sharingan distinguish shadow clones from the original? since shadow clones have their own chakra systems, wouldn't that make it impossible? unless the sharingan can also determine the amount of chakra in a body... Do shadow clones carry 100% chakra?

3. Is there any way for a non-sharingan user to defeat the sharingan? I'm wondering how that could be done in a situation where the sharingan user does Not rely on any of the mangekyou techniques..

Have fun with these go wild.. but plausible explanations would be welcome too
manig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Tankynator
Genin

Tankynator is on a distinguished road
Re: sharingan, bunshin and jutsu

Quote:
1. Why is it necessary for ninja to utter the name of a technique before performing it? Is it a type of vocal command without which the technique won't work? I understand from an author's point of view it's necessary to give the audience info about the techniques used.. I'm wondering about the naruto world's point of view. I seem to remember instances when ninja released techniques without voicing the names, and maybe even without hand seals..
I don't think there is any reason for the characters to use the names of the jutsu they use since there were situations where the jutsu was used secretly (e.g. in the Team Kakashi vs Itachi fight, where Kakashi uses Kage Bunshins without Itachi noticing)

Quote:
2. Can the sharingan distinguish shadow clones from the original? since shadow clones have their own chakra systems, wouldn't that make it impossible? unless the sharingan can also determine the amount of chakra in a body... Do shadow clones carry 100% chakra?
I'm pretty sure it can't since even the byakugan isn't capable of doing that. Once again the fight with Itachi is a good example, Itachi didn't notice he was fighting a shadow clone until the clone resisted his genjutsu. The sharingan should be able to tell if there's a shadow clone around though, since the chakra ist equally split between the clones and the original: 99 Shadow clones means each got 1% of the originial chakra. That's the reason why Naruto is so good at using it since he got pretty much chakra.

Quote:
3. Is there any way for a non-sharingan user to defeat the sharingan? I'm wondering how that could be done in a situation where the sharingan user does Not rely on any of the mangekyou techniques..
It's pretty easy: don't look into his eyes so there won't be any genjutsu. Then all you have to do is be stronger and (especially) faster so that the sharingan user won't be able to dodge even with sharingan.
Also you can use shadow clones to attack from the blind spot.
Tankynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by manig View Post
Hello all! am new here..
got some questions that are not specific to either anime or manga. They're about the naruto world in general. However, I tend to follow the anime, and seeing as the manga is quite far ahead, i'm not too keen on finding out story spoilers. But anyway, these are probably opinion questions as i doubt there are any answers to these in the story itself. It would be Fantastic if i could write to the creator himself to get some answers, but that's pretty much impossible at the moment
Hi and welcome.
I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Quote:
Probably, it is not necessary for a ninja to say the name of the technique he is performing out loud, but it serves us to differ one jutsu from another.
You never saw Itachi yelling "Kage Bunshin no jutsu!" or "Mangekyo Sharingan!".
So, no, it is not necessary =)

Quote:
No, the Sharingan cannot distinguish which is the real body and which is a Kage Bunshin. He can see the chakra pattern, but since Shadow Clones have the chakra system being the real bodies, he cannot know which one is real right away.

Quote:
Of course there is. You just have to outskill, outsmart, or overpower them.
Mangekyo is very hard to deal with, but I am sure a talented non-Uchiha can somehow find a way to defeat it, as I hope Naruto will =)
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
manig
Academy Student

2. I'm remembering the itachi kakashi battle now.. it is a good example.
I also remember the fight between sasuke and naruto in the Valley of the End. Wasn't sasuke able to differentiate between naruto's clones? I might be mistaken since i don't remember it very well.. didn't he tell naruto that it wouldn't matter how many clones he made because he could make out the real one? was that because he could detect the chakra levels?

3. It makes sense that more speed and strength are necessary to defeat the sharingan.. so would the use of clones.. but imagine going up against itachi or kakashi.. at least the speed would have to be phenomenal.. along with split second accuracy.. since the sharingan can predict movements with extremely high accuracy.. plus both those users have so far displayed a near non-existant blind spot. The feat is not that simple :P
Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #5
manig
Academy Student

shrike you've got an interesting quote there.. who is this Stormrage?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
shrike you've got an interesting quote there.. who is this Stormrage?
Illidan is a character from the original Warcraft storyline. He is one of the main characters in Warcraft 3. A video game.

Quote:
2. I'm remembering the itachi kakashi battle now.. it is a good example.
I also remember the fight between sasuke and naruto in the Valley of the End. Wasn't sasuke able to differentiate between naruto's clones? I might be mistaken since i don't remember it very well.. didn't he tell naruto that it wouldn't matter how many clones he made because he could make out the real one? was that because he could detect the chakra levels?
Sasuke did say that can distinguish which one is real, but only in the anime. This is a mistake the animators made. In the manga, which is canon, there are no such claims. After all, it would make the Sharingan unbeatable.

Quote:
3. It makes sense that more speed and strength are necessary to defeat the sharingan.. so would the use of clones.. but imagine going up against itachi or kakashi.. at least the speed would have to be phenomenal.. along with split second accuracy.. since the sharingan can predict movements with extremely high accuracy.. plus both those users have so far displayed a near non-existant blind spot. The feat is not that simple :P
That is why Itachi is one hell of an opponent, but he can be defeated as well. We will see what will they pull to defeat him.

Also, mate, it is against the rules to double post. So, if you forgot to ask something in your previous post, there is an "Edit" button. Use it, and there will be no problems.

Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin

GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point

In one of the first season episodes konohamaru, sakura, or kakashi explains how jutsus are down..dont remember who. jutsus are performed by molding chakra, and saying the words (for example 'henge no jutsu), and if you have the skill and physical capability it will work. some jutsus dont require hand seals or saying the word. some examples are the sharingan , but occasionally sasuke does say 'sharingan' and it comes out. and itachi can cast genjustu by just pointing a finger.

the sharingan in definition can defeat any ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu. so even if in the manga sasuke isnt able to see naruto's kagebunshin as shrike says, he supposedly can.

in the manga it is said that u can defeat a sharingan user by double teaming him so if one person is trapped in a genjutsu the other can kill the uchiha while he is occupied or he can help his fellow ninja and get him out of the genjutsu. but as shrike says, if a person is friggin skilled enough its possible he can take on an uchiha of high level alone

edit:
rewatched the anime, dunno about manga

ninjutsu is executed by combining chakra with your own spirit energy, i guess ur stamina or power, and mixing it with hand seals. so it is not really necessary for a ninja to say words to do a jutsu

FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc

Last edited by GAma_Oyabun; 09-18-2007 at 12:57 PM.
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #8
manig
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun View Post

the sharingan in definition can defeat any ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu. so even if in the manga sasuke isnt able to see naruto's kagebunshin as shrike says, he supposedly can.

in the manga it is said that u can defeat a sharingan user by double teaming him so if one person is trapped in a genjutsu the other can kill the uchiha while he is occupied or he can help his fellow ninja and get him out of the genjutsu. but as shrike says, if a person is friggin skilled enough its possible he can take on an uchiha of high level alone
you must be refering to the point in shippuuden where chiyo baasama teaches naruto and sakura about overcoming a strong genjutsu. I think she was talking about double teaming to defeat any genjutsu, and not specifically the sharingan.

-mani
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
katonha
Hunter-Nin

katonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enough

Welcome Manig.

It is not neccesary to say the name of the jutsu, but it is probably like a guideline or a way to concentrate more on the jutsu.

The Sharingan is able to see chakra in a person and even see the chakra in a clone. If you look at Sasuke in the Forest of Death, you will see when he teamed up with Kabuto to fight the Rain ninja, he was able to see the chakra in them.

It is also very possible to beat a Sharingan user, like what Shrike said. The only problem is, it would be extremely hard in a one on one fight.

A Member of The Dragonball Z Fan Club
A Member of The Avatar: The last airbender FC
katonha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
1. Why is it necessary for ninja to utter the name of a technique before performing it?
Imo, it's probably a shinobi habit that they were taught in the academy.

Quote:
2. Can the sharingan distinguish shadow clones from the original?
Despite it being stated in the anime, based on Shrike's statement, the Sharingan isn't capable of a talent like that. The Byakugan would be entirely outclassed if that was the case.

Quote:
Yes. A non-Sharingan person can defeat the Sharingan. Chiyo has stated one method and Gai knows the other and he doesn't need assistance while fighting the Sharingan.

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
manig
Academy Student

Gai mentioned looking at his opponent's (kakashi's) feet and predicting movements.. i got that.. that would be useful if they were relying mainly on taijutsu.. what would Gai do about kakashi's ninjutsu? if he's always looking down, can he possibly predict what his opponent's hands will do??

as far as i can remember chiyo baasama mentions solutions to overcoming a genjutsu by teaming up (two people fighting the genjutsu user).. let's assume there is no one else around to help, and i'm actually wondering about a non-sharingan user defeating a sharingan user, and not just defeating genjutsu.. the sharingan ability can display many techniques..

c'mon people! put yourself in the shoes of a shinobi! think up some strategies i'm curious to see some creative answers to this
Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hello all! am new here..

the names are more for US the audience. otherwise, we'd maybe think two fire jutsus were the same but just variations...or something like that...

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #13
I love Naruto Babes
Chuunin

I love Naruto Babes is on a distinguished road

Welcome to NL,

Your initial questions have pretty much been answered, so I will pose one I have always wondered about, just for the fun of discussion.

What part of the globe do you think the Naruto world countries are located in (it's obviously asian speaking territories, but where)?

Official member of the "Avatar: The last airbender" FC.

Last edited by I love Naruto Babes; 09-18-2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: addition
I love Naruto Babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #14
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin

GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point

its no where, kishimoto made up the world, but if u want a place i'd say its somewhere where everyone speaks japanese

FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #15
Myhaus719
Chuunin

Myhaus719 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh the sharingan cant tell the difference betwee shadow clones. this is because shadow clones have their own chakra system and an equal amount of chakra in all of them

1-tsunade-easy to beat. just dodge one of her punches and stab her in the heart or head or something. has only taijutsu and even gai could beat her in that

2-sasuke-has too much plot protection. the only reason he survived everything is because kishi wants him to survive everything not because hes that strong

3-naruto-get a new move

4-orochimaru-is a gay pedofile."i want sasuke's body"
Myhaus719 is offline   Reply With Quote