Opinions on Christianity - Page 18 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #256
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles T View Post
Oh, evidence is worthless and bare assertions are the currency of ‘truth’, are they? I think you know, on some level, what rubbish that is.
I thought you said that evidence wasn’t ‘such a big deal’
Not being able to explain a phenomenon does not mean that God exists.
To me evidence is not such a big deal because I know that God is real. But for you obviously it is so to add to this I was trying to say that God has made himself evident to all of us plainly through what He has created. The light of creation can be seen between the blackness between the stars as some type of micro wave that can be picked up with a specific type of telescope. I learned this in a collegiate level physics class if you would like to know my source. I’ll go back into my notes once I get a chance to see if I can put what I said into better terms.


“18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.”(Romans 2:18-25)

So basically instead of praising and recognizing the first Mover or the Watch Maker they turned instead to praise and recognize things that were made by God instead of God himself, which is not cool at all…

I was also trying to stress the point that knowing what Jesus is like and what God is like through Jesus Christ is really important. You might be able to recognize Him better if you know what He is like.
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #257
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles T View Post
Humanity is perfectly capable of directing its own future. It’s not analogous to one falsely thinking that one is entirely self-sufficient.
Ah…If we look at our present situation, it seems as if man is very incapable of directing the future, even some of the people who aren’t Christians have come to the conclusion that things are ending here, though some believe that things will start again…this isn’t the entirety of what is going to happen, for them to even know what they do know is by God’s grace I think.
So if the Anti-Christ were to appear in our lifetime, hopefully those who are still here would be able to discern and see by his actions and words that this person is the beast and is truly evil- worser than Hitler.

Um…as for proof about how we have successfully messed up the Earth…theirs global warming and the fact that a piece of one of the southern polar ice caps has broken off because the Earth’s temperature has increased.

Though this isn’t directly a global issue, it indirectly affects the entire global community, our economy right now is pretty bad, we’ve just gone through and are still going through one of the worst times for our economy and the stock market since the Great Depression. If we do not come out of this one successfully then it could have some dire global ramifications.

Wars, I can’t stand wars personally, I’m a peace loving person but yeah depending on our next president who know’s what might happen in this area? Whatever the case I sincerely hope that we never resort to useing atomic weapons of mass destruction. I don’t even want to go their on that, I think we all know the seriousness of atomic weapons and their consequences.

That’s why everything comes down to love, if we loved each other like we loved ourselves we wouldn’t have half as many problems that we do today…not all of us do this. So I’ll conclude that certain things must happen for certain reasons…regardless I will continue to trust in God and put my faith in Him because He is in control of things even when it seems like He doesn’t care, I know that He does...
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #258
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles T View Post
I do see what you’re saying. I just don’t agree with it. I also don’t agree with this holier-than-thou attitude of yours.
Save your pity and sense of superiority for those pitiable fools below you.
It’s not my intention at all to sound holier-than-thou or to seem like I’m acting superior to people or anything like that.
There is no one below me we are all equal human beings so if it ever sounds like are seems like I’m being either of the previous please call me out on it. I know that being like that is not my intention but when you read my post it might not come across the same way that I might intend. So please continue to let me know whenever you feel that vibe, it also keeps me humble!

Last edited by Veggiegirl101; 09-20-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #259
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl101 View Post
To me evidence is not such a big deal because I know that God is real.
No, you don't. You believe he's real. There is a big difference.

Quote:
But for you obviously it is so to add to this I was trying to say that God has made himself evident to all of us plainly through what He has created. The light of creation can be seen between the blackness between the stars as some type of micro wave that can be picked up with a specific type of telescope. I learned this in a collegiate level physics class if you would like to know my source. I’ll go back into my notes once I get a chance to see if I can put what I said into better terms.
First off, what the fuck? Secondly, I wouldn't call "u can, lyke, see sum type of microwave with a special telescope in the black stuff between starz lololol" something that is 'plainly evident to all of us.' Hell, I wouldn't even call that evidence for what you're suggesting...at all. I mean, holy shit. Wow.

Also, yeah, that microwave shit is totally being transmitted by invisible magic space turtles anyway. Trust me, the magic space turtles told me this personally. They also said that they had people write up everything in the bible because they were bored. I know this to be true. Prove me wrong. =p

Absolutely ri-fuckin-diculous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #260
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas
 
Ninja48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 305
Posts: 2,466
Thanks: 179
Thanked 636 Times in 249 Posts
Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opinions on Christianity

I'm pretty sure she's simply talking about background radiation. It's evidence for the big bang theory and is well confirmed. It has nothing to do with proving god, though.
__________________
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #261
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
No, you don't. You believe he's real. There is a big difference.



First off, what the fuck? Secondly, I wouldn't call "u can, lyke, see sum type of microwave with a special telescope in the black stuff between starz lololol" something that is 'plainly evident to all of us.' Hell, I wouldn't even call that evidence for what you're suggesting...at all. I mean, holy shit. Wow.

Also, yeah, that microwave shit is totally being transmitted by invisible magic space turtles anyway. Trust me, the magic space turtles told me this personally. They also said that they had people write up everything in the bible because they were bored. I know this to be true. Prove me wrong. =p

Absolutely ri-fuckin-diculous.
Sure tell that to the head chairman of our University's Physics department which...after all is my professor....and seriously is this a conversation or just free time to mock everything that I say? You really haven't said anything here to refute what I said just mocked it which accomplishes nothing...

Last edited by Veggiegirl101; 09-20-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #262
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

So the head chairman of your university's physics department said that background radiation proves the existence of God? What school is this, seriously? I'll email the dude and debate this with him if you want, because that's beyond stupid.

And you haven't said anything that warrants a non-mocking reply. Quoting the Bible doesn't prove anything. Neither does making vague claims about 'lolol micro waves in teh space between teh shiny dots in teh sky', nor any other non sequitur type crap.

And Protip: I mock your shit to prove a point. Do you think what I'm saying is silly? I'd hope so. Guess what? It's not any more silly than whatever it is that I'm mocking. Don't like being mocked? Then post something that isn't stupid so I can't mock you. Boohooing about it isn't going to do anything. =p
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #263
Haiphong
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haiphong is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Everyone try to explain this! If god performs miracles when you pray to him, then why won't god heal amputees?!?
Haiphong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #264
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
No, you don't. You believe he's real. There is a big difference.
Miburo, I know that He is real. Jesus Christ is my best friend and I believe and know that He is alive and well. It's been countless times that He has intervened in my life, and there are even times that He intervenes when I don't even know it, protecting me from trouble when I'm not aware. God has come through for me more than anyone else I know, gone with me through everything. I'll give you a glimpse into what God can do and what He has done for me in my life.

Firstly I ran track in high school, when I first started off I had no prior experience at all, none whatsoever. The best runner's ranging from Elementary through high school have prior training in Summer Track, which is a group of track clubs that train and compete in the summer time, they have the advantage of training with the best coaches among other things.

So here I am the newbie to this event, and my High school track coach knows nothing about the technique of running only how to train jumpers (long jumpers/triple jumpers) So I am virtually left on my own unless another coach decides to help me out.

Long story short I was the district champion that year in high school, I asked God to lead me and that I would follow Him, and I won the gold by a long stretch, when they photographed the finish there was no one in the picture behind me because I beat the silver medalist by at least 70 meters, usually I would win by about 100 meters.

God gave me the strength, speed, and the endurance to finish that race exceedingly well. When everyone else was dying off I was given my second wind and I went with it.

He has also broken addictions in my life,. These are things that I could not get away from on my own, I tried and failed miserably. Only Jesus Christ has the power to save a person to the point where they don’t even want to go back to the way that they were before. The evidence that it is Him that has set me free is undeniable, no one else can move as quickly and efficiently or change a person’s heart like He can. That is Jesus and Jesus Christ alone who worked on my heart to get me to the point where I didn’t want the other things anymore, more than anything else I just wanted to be with Him/be His/ and be clean again. No one else but God/Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit can touch my heart like that, no one else ever has, not one can give me joy and peace like the Lord has given to me. I’m free from what I used to be bound by and it is all because of Jesus, in the end He is all that remains.

There is also another time, when I thought that I had really messed up big, I thought that I was to far gone and that it was the end for sure for me. I was hoping that it wasn’t but it was drilled into my head that this time I had gone to far, even if it wasn’t intentional. I believe what was really happening at this time was an attack from the enemy and I was very distraught over the entire situation. It was so bad that I couldn’t even do my work properly so I went to the bathroom and just cried and prayed to God, while I was in there I told Him that I wanted to praise Him as well with the angels around His throne, and that no matter what happened there was no where else for me to go, my choice had already been made, that I would follow Him and Him alone. My heart was breaking because I really do love God and the thought of being separated from Him hurts me more than anything else could.

While I was praying I turned around and noticed a cross on the left corner of the door, on the post of the door, that was not there before. The door to the stall that I was in opened on it’s own…

We left work early that day and went straight to a good friend of mine’s house, not to see my friend but to see my friend’s mother that happened to be home from work that day. She has been walking with God longer than me and she explained to me more of what was going on and prayed over me.

Once again I will state that this is not about me, but it's about the Lord, showing you what He is like and how He can save.

So this again was the Lord intervening in my life on my behalf, saving me once again, letting me know that He is present and that He does hear me. That I do not have to face trouble alone that He will be there.

From this experience I learned that I really do live for God, without Him I am nothing, I can’t do this thing called life without Him, I am desperate and in need for God alone, no one else but God can give life to me so that I can really live…and I am not the type of person who constantly relies on others, I was raised to be independent and self-sufficient, giving up my control is something that is hard for me to do, but when it comes to God I give it up freely, I have learned to trust Him because I have learned how much He truly loves me. This walk with God is not just some game to me, I take our relationship seriously and I am learning to love and respect Him more as the days go by.

How Great is my God? Who has the power to save but Him? What other name can I call on but Jesus Christ who hears me and comes to my rescue? I rejoice and praise Him because He is a faithful God to those who love Him.
I rejoice because of His grace and mercy that I don't deserve but here it is given to me freely. Praise be to God Almighty, the one who see's His people and stands up to defend them!


I’ll continue this in another post there is more to add to this, due to recent events.

Last edited by Veggiegirl101; 09-20-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #265
Shad0w_Hunter
Hunter-Nin
 
Shad0w_Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Over yonder
Age: 25
Posts: 1,116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

^...one word: Gonja.

Tell me: if your god is so amazing, why does he not save his devoted followers? My grandfather was a minister for 55 years. He preached to many congregations around the country about god's word.

When i was 7 years old, he got cancer. My last memories of him were him being in so much pain that he couldn't breathe properly without tearing up. He was so weak he couldn't roll over in bed by himself and if no one was around to help him, he shat himself.

#1: Why would your god, who loves his children, create such a horrible disease to kill and hurt his most beloved creations?

#2: Why would he KILL, which might i add is a sin, his most devoted followers in one of the most fucking horrible ways possible? And so help me, if you say, "He has a reason for everything" then my response is, "Well so do murderers, rapists, and terrorist; that doesn't mean that the reason is a good one."


Off the topic of that:

In the story of Noah and the ark, God killed all of man because they were evil. Then, after the ark landed safely, god decided to change his mind, and NEVER kill man again because they are evil. See something wrong with that? Not only that, but he killed all but two of every animal. The animals had absolutely NOTHING to do with the corruption of humanity, but god decides to kill them anyways. Since god's all powerful, shouldn't he just be able to smite all the 'evil' humans and not destroy the animals? Total war i guess, huh? Killing living things that did nothing wrong...huh...reminds me of a guy named Hitler i read about in a book once. The funny thing is, all your religious people blindly follow god's word without questioning it. Know who else did that? Germany. Look where it got them, nowhere fast, let me tell you.

Oh, another funny thing, after Noah saved the animals, God demanded that Noah burn,yes burn, some of them as a tribute. What the fuck was the point of saving them in the first place? (Yes, i did just compare god to hitler)


Moses: Why the flaming fuck did god have to use these plagues to make Ramses free the jews? He could have just popped down from heaven and gone, "I'M GOD! Free the jews before i smite the hell out of all of you!" About those plagues: Wood can't turn into a snake (though my snake's turned to wood on several occasions). Snakes can't eat two snakes the same size as themselves. I can think of a good reason for rivers to run red with blood: Battle up north on the river (just conjecture though) Okay off the plagues: If god's all powerful, why did he bother PARTING the sea? He could have just made a freaking bridge that only jews could walk on. I'm not thinking god's too creative here >.>


Jesus: He let his own son die. There's a fucking good role model there. OOKAY guys everyone get together and we can sacrifice our children so we can go to heaven. Sounds good to me.


As you can tell, i'm very cynical about religion. There's a reasonable scientific explanation for everything, we just have to spend the time to find it. Religion just seems to me to be the lazy way out. Evolution? No that'd take time to study and learn about. Fuck it, god made everything instantly only a couple thousand years ago. Universe? God made it in 7 days, cept he only made light, earth, and all that nonsense in 7 days...when did he make the rest of the universe if he was so busy raining fire and brimstone onto humans?

The bible is a text thousands of years old. Why the HELL are people still following it as a rulebook? 232 years ago the people who founded America realized that you cannot have one static document that dictates how an entire group of peoples live. 232 years. I'd like to think that we've progressed some since then...but looking at people with their heads in a book of short stories thousands of years old raving on about how this book was the word of some higher being...makes me wonder. Kinda sounds like scientology if you think about it...people blindly following some guy's writing from a book.

And another question: Killing yourself is sinful correct? Then damning yourself to be killed is, in my opinion, a form of suicide. So, Jesus let himself be killed to absolve us of our sins...now he gets to go to heaven. HOWEVER, dying for someone else is an instant ticket into heaven. Now say, if me, a veritable heathen, dies for someone. I get a free ticket into heaven...can you say...loophole?

I think it's very arrogant to think, "I'm right! everyone else who doesn't believe what I believe is fucked to hell!"

You may not be able to tell, but i don't care if you practice a religion or not. If you're a good person, you're a good person. Religion shouldn't matter in the eyes of a higher being cause chances are, we've all got it wrong.

*huff* *huff*

Now, if i've offended you...good. I'd be more worried if i hadn't. I'm very opinionated, if you can't tell.


Edit: Just so you all know: I was born and raised Lutheran till i was 13. So i've got 6 years of being a heathen under my belt.
__________________



My Fanfictions:


My groups:



Co-owner:
Hatake Kakashi FC
Hyuuga Hinata FC

Last edited by Shad0w_Hunter; 09-21-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Shad0w_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 AM   #266
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl101 View Post
Miburo, I know that He is real. Jesus Christ is my best friend and I believe and know that He is alive and well. It's been countless times that He has intervened in my life, and there are even times that He intervenes when I don't even know it, protecting me from trouble when I'm not aware. God has come through for me more than anyone else I know, gone with me through everything. I'll give you a glimpse into what God can do and what He has done for me in my life.
Ah, what the hell =p:

Veggiegirl101, I know magic space turtles are real. They are my best friends and I believe and know that they're alive and well. It's been countless times that they have intervened in my life, and there are even times that they intervened without me even knowing; protecting me from trouble when I'm not aware. Magic space turtles have come through for me more than anyone else that I know, gone through everything with me. I'll give you a glimpse into what magic space turtles can do and what they have done for me in my life.

I used to be addicted to masturbation. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop. I'd be in the shower lathering up my body and I'd just go at it and shit. It was bad. Then one day I was fapping as I was driving and saw a turtle in the road. I stopped to avoid hitting it, and it smiled at me. I blinked, and it was gone. I shit my pants, hard. Then I looked up and saw a billboard that wasn't there a second ago that had a picture of a turtle surfing on an asteroid while wearing a top hat. I never masturbated again.

And that is just a droplet of water in the great sea that is the grace and mercy of the magnificent magic space turtles. I could go on and on about how they've helped me. Surely you can see now that magic space turtles are definitely real, right? : )

Quote:
I’ll continue this in another post there is more to add to this, due to recent events.
Oh, jeez. Please don't. XD
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:56 AM   #267
itsokihadsubwaytoday
Academy Student
 
itsokihadsubwaytoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere very hott and dry that starts with an A and ends with RIZONA. any guesses?
Age: 21
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
itsokihadsubwaytoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on Christianity

ROFL!

Space turtles!
__________________
Kindness is just love with its workboots on

Everybody run!! Theres a blonde running rampant on the forums!!!
itsokihadsubwaytoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #268
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w_Hunter View Post
Now, if i've offended you...good. I'd be more worried if i hadn't. I'm very opinionated, if you can't tell.
No, I am not offened in the least, I know who God is and that He is nothing like Hitler or whatever it is that you have said about Him. Everything that you have said about Him is twisted by bias and not the truth.

Not everyone who is sick is healed from their sickness. Though your Grandfather passed away from it He is in a better place now, where there are no sicknesses or diseases or pain for that matter. My Grandma died of lung cancer when I was 12 and my Grandpa died of colon cancer when I was younger, He believed in God as well. (I lost all of my Grand parents before I turned 13.)

This morning on the radio I heard a testimony from an older lady. She was talking about how she and her husband followed God and had strong faith in Him for sometime. There came a time when her husband needed a heart transplant and the process was moving fast in order for him to get one, they believed that he was going to be okay, but long story short her husband passed away. This older woman was angry with God because of what happened she didn't know how she would be able to pay the hospital bills or take care of her home for that matter. Out of no where she was given a high paying job so that she could sustain. Today on the radio she told her story and she said that not all of the miracles happen in this life. She said that the last word that her husband said was Jesus...sounds like he is with Him now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w_Hunter View Post
Edit: Just so you all know: I was born and raised Lutheran till i was 13. So i've got 6 years of being a heathen under my belt.
Did your Grandpa give up on God? If he suffered through everything and kept his faith that is something to really draw attention too. In life and in death those who belong to God are still His.

And for all of the false things you've said about God in your post, is it out of anger that you speak against Him in such a way? That's what I'm assuming, but as Jesus says in the book of Luke, "23 Those who do not stumble in their faith because of me are blessed!"(Luke 7:23)
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #269
Shad0w_Hunter
Hunter-Nin
 
Shad0w_Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Over yonder
Age: 25
Posts: 1,116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl101 View Post
No, I am not offened in the least, I know who God is and that He is nothing like Hitler or whatever it is that you have said about Him. Everything that you have said about Him is twisted by bias and not the truth.

Not everyone who is sick is healed from their sickness. Though your Grandfather passed away from it He is in a better place now, where there are no sicknesses or diseases or pain for that matter. My Grandma died of lung cancer when I was 12 and my Grandpa died of colon cancer when I was younger, He believed in God as well. (I lost all of my Grand parents before I turned 13.)

This morning on the radio I heard a testimony from an older lady. She was talking about how she and her husband followed God and had strong faith in Him for sometime. There came a time when her husband needed a heart transplant and the process was moving fast in order for him to get one, they believed that he was going to be okay, but long story short her husband passed away. This older woman was angry with God because of what happened she didn't know how she would be able to pay the hospital bills or take care of her home for that matter. Out of no where she was given a high paying job so that she could sustain. Today on the radio she told her story and she said that not all of the miracles happen in this life. She said that the last word that her husband said was Jesus...sounds like he is with Him now.




Did your Grandpa give up on God? If he suffered through everything and kept his faith that is something to really draw attention too. In life and in death those who belong to God are still His.

And for all of the false things you've said about God in your post, is it out of anger that you speak against Him in such a way? That's what I'm assuming, but as Jesus says in the book of Luke, "23 Those who do not stumble in their faith because of me are blessed!"(Luke 7:23)
Yes, a better place: 6 feet under with nothing to show for his life of faith other than the assumed fact that he went to heaven.

I'm not saying that god should have cured my grandfather's disease. I'm saying that by going by your logic, God is a murderer. By what you say, God has killed every human being on the face of the planet that died of natural causes.

No, i'm not angry at God. There's no point in being angry at something that doesn't exist. I'm angry at the people spreading the lies about this so called being. If people want to be tricked by this crock of hooey, let them, it's their mistake to make.

My statements above are NOT false. I looked into them myself when i was younger. and as i questioned my pastor, he could not supply my with satisfying answers. instead he told me that "Those of faith will be rewarded" So i blindly continued believing, just like my pastor told me to. God has never once helped me.

Maybe YOUR opinions are so deluded by your faith that you can't see the holes in your religion as i can. Now, i'm no bible expert and will openly admit that anyone trying to preach to me is swiftly shut up, but with what i do know, i can clearly see faults.


Faith will be rewarded? Yes, it will be rewarded with the false pretense that being a good person will go to some magical land where they can be blissful for all eternity. Bullshit. The only places you go after you die are the ground, the incinerator, or an autopsy table. Nothing comes after that.

Please, read your bible thoroughly and paying great attention to detail. I guarantee you will find many problems with it.

If you replace the references of god in the bible with bob doll, and references of jesus with an adorable panda, you get not only a more interesting story, but also something that makes just about as much sense as your bible.
__________________



My Fanfictions:


My groups:



Co-owner:
Hatake Kakashi FC
Hyuuga Hinata FC
Shad0w_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #270
Nic
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 93
Posts: 321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nic is infamous around these partsNic is infamous around these parts
Re: Opinions on Christianity

this might be a little off topic,
but Veggiechick or whatever must have like, posted once, then came straight here to argue about christianity.
The christians are infiltraiting the fourms.
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.