Opinions on Christianity - Page 20 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #286
Miburo

Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
prove to me that god doesent exist
i will look ridiculous trying to prove that god exist to smart people like you guys,
but you would also look ridiculous to me trying to prove that god doesent exist
Ugh...You're missing the point. I don't have to prove anything, it is the duty of the person who claims existence to provide proof. Not the people who are justifiably skeptical about the claim.

You (hopefully) wouldn't believe me if I said a magic talking tree frog that you can't detect in any way was sitting on your shoulder, right? Know why? Because thats the logical stance to take considering I can't prove my claim. All I'm doing is applying this same line of thought that you've probably used yourself in the past to the concept of God.

Also, just like you probably never even considered magic shoulder frogs before I just made them up right now, the concept of God wasn't considered until the first person suggested it. Which means before someone made the claim that God exists the default stance was non-existence. So since the claim is unjustified, logically one should operate under the default.

Technically one shouldn't say "God definitely doesn't exist." They should say "Since there isn't any reason to believe God exists then I'm going to operate under the default, which is non-existence." Either way they're operating using the default stance, so no matter what they're being more logical than people who adopt claims that lack any credibility. So even your scarecrow argument against strong atheists (Which none of the "clever" people here even are...) fails. = /

Old 11-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #287
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

To be fair, there are things which could be taken as evidence in favor of the existence of God (read up on Intelligent Design), it's just not conclusive. So in your analogy, it would be more akin to someone hearing little voices every now and then and you telling them it's an invisible talking frog.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #288
Miburo

Everything that supports Intelligent Design is pretty shitty. None of it is credible evidence that would justifiably support the claim of God's existence, anyway.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #289
Star_Gazer
Academy Student

Star_Gazer is an unknown quantity at this point

so are you agnostic Miburo?
So, when you have two identical prophecies of almost the same thing but from across a whole ocean and culture and whatnot, people can make relatively educated guesses that shit might possibly go down.
Star_Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #290
Miburo

I always figured that I'm a weak atheist, as I don't believe in any God. But I don't assert the non-existence of any God either, because logically one wouldn't need to disprove a baseless claim.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #291
Star_Gazer
Academy Student

alright. i would consider those views more to the agnostic side though.
So, when you have two identical prophecies of almost the same thing but from across a whole ocean and culture and whatnot, people can make relatively educated guesses that shit might possibly go down.

Last edited by Star_Gazer; 12-06-2008 at 01:35 AM. Reason: mispelt "alright" =/
Old 12-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #292
XxJstar2oo5
Genin

XxJstar2oo5 is an unknown quantity at this point

NO one knows if god existed or not. Im not going to believe what I see or what I hear cause i know i would never see god or hear him.All I have is faith and thats whats leading me to believe theres a god.There has been some scripts and evidence that a god existed..and trust me if something horrible happened to you and u survived..than you'll know what im talkin about because the only person your going to be thanking is god.

XxJstar2oo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #293
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Gazer View Post
alright. i would consider those views more to the agnostic side though.
Maybe. If I'm going to associate with one group or the other, I'd rather associate with atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJstar2oo5 View Post
NO one knows if god existed or not. Im not going to believe what I see or what I hear cause i know i would never see god or hear him.All I have is faith and thats whats leading me to believe theres a god.There has been some scripts and evidence that a god existed..and trust me if something horrible happened to you and u survived..than you'll know what im talkin about because the only person your going to be thanking is god.
There are stories about sea monsters, dragons, and lots of other crazy shit too. None of that stuff is credible proof.

And no. You could say that I almost died before, twice. Still don't believe in any gods. I thanked my doctors instead.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #294
Star_Gazer
Academy Student

yeah i'm gonna have to agree with Miburo on the almost dying thing. I've been in well...a couple car wrecks. And in one of those i was driving down a narrow two lane road at night in my dad's truck which i wasnt used to diving at the time. I hit some gravel on the side of the road on a curve and went head-first down a 20-30 foot ditch. Needless to say i "almost" hitting several trees. I consider myself lucky, but i do not thank God for it.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #295
XxJstar2oo5
Genin

No i wasnt talkin about stories..i was talkin about actual artifacts and scripts. I could do research if you would like.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #296
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Like a week ago, (right before deer season,) I told my dad not to go up an icy mountain in a Suburu. We end up sliding off the mountain. Nobody got hurt, and after the care was pulled out of a creek with a wrecker, the car drove perfectly. First off, Japaneese cars FTW. Secondly, I am still doubting God just as much as I was before.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:12 AM   #297
Star_Gazer
Academy Student

Quote:
..and trust me if something horrible happened to you and u survived..than you'll know what im talkin about because the only person your going to be thanking is god.
Quote:
No i wasnt talkin about stories..i was talkin about actual artifacts and scripts. I could do research if you would like.
you were citing stories as your evidence. why can we not do the same in our responses? and after my near death experience i am still not thanking God. so you are still wrong, the only people im thanking are Dodge.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #298
XxJstar2oo5
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Gazer View Post
you were citing stories as your evidence. why can we not do the same in our responses? and after my near death experience i am still not thanking God. so you are still wrong, the only people im thanking are Dodge.
You can thank whoever you pretty much want. I was just stating my opinion.You pretty much got me wrong if you thought I was reffering to ONLY stories,I was, For part of it but, but I also added in that there were "scripts and evidence" about gods existance. If you doubt him than thats fine, im not trying to make you believe in something you dont' want. You can keep thanking Dodge I really dont have any problem.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #299
Miburo

Post this credible evidence that shows that gods exist, please.

This is the debate section, not the "gather around and post your opinions on stuff happy time" section. People are suppose to disagree and counter each other's stances. If you can't take the heat...
Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #300
XxJstar2oo5
Genin

Clearly you haven't payed much attention in your History class.They talk about how Jesus was in earth. He lived in Jerusalem and he was crucified. Also not to long ago they found what was believed gods Mantle. Theres also the bible and many other things im to lazy to write about and argue. Im still a happy Christian and your still..a happy whatever you are. To me I think life is just a test. And god is testing you to see how much you work and do good to deserve a place in Heaven. But that's just me.