this has got to stop - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
this has got to stop

ok the welcome & goodbye section
is just turning into
a bunch of n00bz
sayign
bye ill be gone for 2 days
dont miss me bahhh im a n00b
and then
sometimes they type
bah i was gone for
3 days but now im back
and they only have like 20 posts
with a join date of
like 5 days ago
seriously
n00bz gotta cut the crap

Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Shikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: this has got to stop

I guess U have a point there ....
I didn't even write there when I joined ... I just noticed it a while ago
ppl have to write only if they will be going off for like 10 or more days .... I don't care about it

- FanClubs -
The Proud Owner Of :
Join Us at : Final Fantasy FC
A Proud Member Of :
~ The Official Shikamaru FC ~
~ The Uzumaki Naruto FC ~
~ The New Gaara Offical FanClub ~
~ The New Uchiha Clan FC ~
~ Kingdom Hearts FC ~

A Proud Co-Owner Of :
~ The "NEW" Madara Uchiha FC ~
Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Just set a rule for that forum (admins) to prevent people with either (A) Less than a year on the forums from posting there OR (B) People with less than 500-700 posts. Or just get rid of the section anyway. All the cool people say bye in the Spam Zone.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
elpelotero
Genin

elpelotero is an unknown quantity at this point

it´s true, like an user that only had gone for 9 days and says dude i´m back from my trip to mexico for example, that´s spam for me, i hope that the staff find a good solution to this

Last edited by elpelotero; 07-21-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

the rule was already there...just no one enforced it >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA
2) Only create a goodbye thread if you actually are leaving... And no, I don't mean you are going to disappear for a month or you got grounded and you have no idea when you'll get your computer back. If you do end up coming back here, then that's all well and done. However, don't make us think you're gone only to have you reappear. It'll piss me off and I'll close the thread and probably verbally abuse you.
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=36126
Old 07-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
Miburo

@FG-that kind of wouldn't work since it's a HELLO and goodbye section. >.>

But yeah, this "BRB guyz, 4 got 2 wipe mai ass lololol" type shit is annoying. I'd say you have to be going for at least a month (if not more) or else your shit gets deleted.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
@FG-that kind of wouldn't work since it's a HELLO and goodbye section. >.>

But yeah, this "BRB guyz, 4 got 2 wipe mai ass lololol" type shit is annoying. I'd say you have to be going for at least a month (if not more) or else your shit gets deleted.
Then split the two up, set the limit on teh goodbye, and be done with it. If you are up for more mod work, that's up to you.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
balmung5000
cpas

balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
Then split the two up, set the limit on teh goodbye, and be done with it. If you are up for more mod work, that's up to you.
no there is no need
for a seperate section
for each
one is fine
actually niether should be here
it is a fairly recent addition to NL
and obviously people are too stupid
to use it correctly
so just remove it completely
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Or we could just not read the section at all. I mean, unless you are a pedo(lolShinolol), who gives a fuck if you are leaving or returning? You post in the spam zone once and everyone knows you have returned.

- Heraclitus
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

I agree with Redneckboy. I was suggesting a solution for those who actually gave a shit, but it is quite rare that anyone worth mentioning leaves and posts a thread about it. I don't read them myself, so it doesn't bother me if it is spammed up or not.

Bal, do you honestly look into that section with interest?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
Playa
The Village Idiot

Playa will become famous soon enoughPlaya will become famous soon enoughPlaya will become famous soon enough

I think it's more the fact whenever you search new posts you see like 30 posts saying i've been gone 2 days but i'm back...
That's jacked up and ridiculous

Old 07-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
balmung5000
cpas

actually yea i do
i see soem new members
and i target them
plus i like to see
if members are gonna be complete and utter morons
or nto
and you can tell by thier lame looking
intro thread
Old 07-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

Wow this seems similar to the thread I created

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=37531

Co-Owner
Old 07-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

Wow, 2 for 2, I agree with you again bal. not much point in the hello goodbye section since all sections are open to the public now. they immediatly start posting after they register now, so yeah.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #15
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matonly1T View Post
Wow this seems similar to the thread I created

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=37531
It seems you had bad timing, or this topic is not something the staff want to deal with.
Closed Thread