Thanking System [Modedit!--Poll: Cast your votes!] - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

View Poll Results: Should the Thanking System be implemented at NL?
Yes, definitely! 7 20.00%
Sure, sounds good. 11 31.43%
Doesn't matter. 4 11.43%
Not really. 0 0%
No, we really don't need it. 13 37.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:54 AM   #31
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold
Re: Thanking System [Modedit!--Poll: Cast your votes!]

so what your saying is..... its totally up to you lol

should we delete this thread and have a hot chick post it, would that sway you?

Old 06-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #32
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

If nudes of said hot chick were sent to my Inbox, yes.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #33
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

But if it must be so.... then let the newds be shown!

whos gonna take one for the team
Old 06-22-2008, 04:41 AM   #34
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Sure why I not. We must Think postive.

I'm an anarchist, a positive thinker.

Wait, that doesn't sound right.

edit: Optismist

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #35
Sasuke_uchiha101
Academy Student

Sasuke_uchiha101 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey every one check out the uchiha zone
Old 06-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #36
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
Not completely true, I sometimes take into consideration of what they want, and if I like the person who suggested it or not...
Since the idea was taken consideration, is it the idea or the person that made
you actually consider it?

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #37
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Thanking system + Rep system is same thing. It's pointless for this forum. If you had to thank to see links like you get on a lot of other forums it would be understandable to have it. So I'm against having it here.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Old 06-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #38
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey BK, did you find out about the poll from my post in teh spam zone? ; D

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #39
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Doesn't matter where I found it, I see this thanking system as pointless as Kat mentioned it will be abused. I mean seriously who the hell has anything to thank for on this forum other than links to anime or manga and we don't even see that much anyway. So people will use thank system same as rep system. So if you get bullied by Nic and someone like me, bal or mibs intervene it is already obvious you will thank for that post. That's the same as you repping or you replying saying "win".

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #40
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

I was asking to see if posting in the spam zone was any use to get to people who
hang there.

The only reason it "matters" is because I want to get as members as possibles
opinions to find out whether or not the idea is good.

I know how everybody's saying rep and thanks are like the same thing, but theirs
a slight difference in a way.

Rep is more, in a way, to see how respectful they are.
Thanking is, well, to see how reliable what they say is or their usefulness.

I mean, anybody who says it will get abused is probably right, but I think the rules
for it need to be tight. I mean, I find rep acceptable in the spam zone but "thanking"
people isn't really, as you said, people will thank people for stupid things.

Giving rep for "win" is different. If somebody is "win", then they deserve rep, not to
be thanked since thanking somebody is for being useful, answering questions, ect.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #41
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

We have rep, I don't see a point in the thanking system. The only thing is that "Thanks" stands out more than rep. It could be useful in the Requests section, but there's a small number of people who post there.

EDIT: There really isn't a reason to have both, I think. They're so close to being the same thing.

Last edited by Sharingan Lord; 06-22-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #42
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

The Reps system is abused. The thanks system will start fresh. No abusing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #43
Le0N
your a faggot

Location: Watching little kids get off the elementary school bus ;]/Shino
Le0N is infamous around these partsLe0N is infamous around these partsLe0N is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokage4354 View Post
Yeah, if it's difficult then don't.

But this forum needs a clear way to show reputation.
reping others can be anonymous.
Thanking others shows your name.

If you thank somebody for no apparent reason then everybody will
be able to see who thanked that dude. With rep, only mods can see
not to mention you can't flam somebody through thanking them.

It's also easier. With rep, each rep is points. So it's like...
+13=green rep
+16=green
-4=red
+7=green
-1=red
=whatever the fuck your rep is +the red rep you get from noobs
that give u red when u want green.

With Thanks it's a simple:
"Thanked 68 times in 23 posts"

Or something like that.

Wouldn't you rather have somthing badass like getting
153 thanks in only like 8 posts or someting
then getting green and red bars =/

EDIT: With thanks people will bitch less. They cant get something they
dont want with a stupid comment like "hahahahahah".

It's either their thanked or not.

Sorry if my post is all unclear and what not =/
Yeah your one of those noobs.
Quote:
If the rep system was abused, what the hell makes you think the thanking system will be any different?

I agree with the dude who said theres no need to have both. They're almost exactly similar. Its just a waste of time.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #44
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Who cares if the system is abused? Its rep, I had green rep and I asked Shino as a favor to change it to red. Theres one thread dedicated to getting rep and thats as far as people care about it. You joined this forum talk about anime and manga, maybe show off some art, and talk about current events. Rep really has no part in what goes on here.

Co-Owner
Old 06-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since the idea was taken consideration, is it the idea or the person that made
you actually consider it?
In this case, neither. I don't really know you, nor do I think the idea is a good enough to be added. I considered it since it seemed like a lot of members wanted it, or didn't mind it.

BTW, I'm still waiting on those nudes of a hot chick, or else no thanking system...

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Closed Thread