Teen plots to blow up school to get into heaven and kill Jesus - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
Teen plots to blow up school to get into heaven and kill Jesus

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04...=ib_topstories

Quote:
Feds: School bomb plotter wanted to kill Jesus

FLORENCE, South Carolina (AP) -- A teen accused of plotting to blow up his high school told police that he wanted to die, go to heaven and kill Jesus, federal authorities said Tuesday.

Ryan Schallenberger, 18, is cooperating with the bomb plot investigation, police say.

Prosecutors argued in a federal courtroom that the statements are an indication that 18-year-old Ryan Schallenberger needs a psychological evaluation.

The straight-A Chesterfield High School senior was arrested April 19 and faces several state and federal charges, including attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction. That charge carries a possible life sentence if he is convicted.

"His conduct is bizarre," prosecutor Buddy Bethea told Judge Thomas Rogers III, who did not immediately issue a ruling. "I think it screams out in his conduct that he be evaluated."

Defense attorney Bill Nettles said the request was premature, and that Schallenberger was competent to help in his defense.

Prosecutors want Schallenberger, currently at Chesterfield County jail, moved to a federal facility because they think he may try to commit suicide. His journal writings have become increasingly violent over the past year, prosecutor Rose Mary Parham said.

An agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives testified that the teen told a sheriff he wanted to die after his arrest.

"He said death was better than life," Craig Townsend said. "He told the sheriff he wanted to die and go to heaven and once he got there, he wanted to kill Jesus."

Prosecutors also played a 911 tape of the teen's mother calling police after he smashed his head into a wall two days before his arrest. On the tape, she says her son threatened to shoot police if they came.

"He's not going to do it," Laurie Sittler told the operator. "He's just got a bad temper."

The teen left but his mother was scared he would return, she said in the call. "He's planning to go to college and everything, but I don't know what to do," she said.

Schallenberger was arrested after his parents picked up at the post office a package addressed to the teen containing 20 pounds of ammonium nitrate. They got nervous and looked through his room where they found a cassette tape he wanted played after he died, which they took to the sheriff's office, the agent testified. Authorities found his journal, which lauded the Columbine killers, after searching his room.

The 50-page journal contained notes on more than 10 types of explosives that Schallenberger experimented with and evaluated a year ago, the agent testified. It had a black cover and "Pisces" written on the front, and authorities have said it contained detailed plans to bomb Chesterfield High School.

Schallenberger's parents were at the hearing but would not comment.
advertisement

Townsend also testified Schallenberger's mother called police to the home in April last year, when the teen was arrested for breach of peace. He said the teen became enraged and knocked over furniture after his mother asked him to walk with his sister to a grandparent's home.

Authorities also seized a computer that shows he searched Web sites for making bombs, a shotgun, carbon dioxide canisters, "hundreds and hundreds" of matchsticks, and more cassette tapes that they have not yet heard, Townsend said.
....yeah
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
asq599
Academy Student

asq599 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Teen plots to blow up school to get into heaven and kill Jesus

wtf??!?!? thats weird.....

simply the best

life is like a box of chocolates never know if a giant man eating squid will fall on you and destroy it
asq599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Namikaze85
Missing-Nin

Namikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of lightNamikaze85 is a glorious beacon of light

This is what happens in little unknown villages lmfaooo.
Namikaze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
LonelyNinja

A lot of people at my school got a good laugh out of this, including myself. He definitely needs to get his head checked out, though.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

that story is the dumbest thing i ever heard killing yourself and others to get into heaven and kill jesus. What is that guy smoking to much hashish man talk about messed up.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #6
tenkaichymaster
..:::KERO:::..

tenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud of

Well that's pretty fucked up...
Angry at life eh?
tenkaichymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #7
Miburo

That's fucking awesome! Seriously, this guy has to be a badass if he thinks he can take on Jesus. No wonder he was looking up how to get a shotgun, I wouldn't fight a magical immortal zombie without one either.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
That's fucking awesome! Seriously, this guy has to be a badass if he thinks he can take on Jesus. No wonder he was looking up how to get a shotgun, I wouldn't fight a magical immortal zombie without one either.
Quoted For Truth!
ROFL!

Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #9
Dizzykilla
Special Jounin

Dizzykilla is on a distinguished road

man those kids must of been freaking out, .........if i was them id bee like dam, i got so closeto dieng and i didnt kno it at all fheew............
Dizzykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #10
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

I'd like to meet this man. I wonder what kind of beef he's got with Jesus.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

MY HERO! How can I contact him? I want him to blow up my school! ROFL, but seriously, who is he kidding? even if he did manage to do this, does he honestly think he'll get into heaven for doing it? or for his plan to kill jesus? kinda redundant if you ask me, considering people in heaven are already dead.

catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Lol, saw this a week ago...for 18 yrs I've lived I never heard of a person wanting to go to heaven to take out our lord and savior.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
hippiematt
Chuunin

hippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of light

I'm scared now.

Brawl

Mario Cart

hippiematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #14
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

My question, was he a terrorist?

If he was, then that explains a lot...

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #15
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Two words: Psych. Ward.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote