Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

RasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of light
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2

Source IGN
Quote:
June 3, 2008 - TOMY Corporation and D3Publisher of America, Inc. (D3PA), publishers of interactive entertainment software, today announced NARUTO: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2, a fighting game for Wii. As the first NARUTO Wii title designed specifically for the North American audience, Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 promises an impressive list of playable characters from the NARUTO universe, a polished and well-balanced fighting engine, and a deep, original storyline that expands upon episodes from VIZ Media's hit animated TV series NARUTO. NARUTO: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 will support widescreen (16:9) and progressive scan at 480p when it hits stores this fall.

"Because Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 is an original title for the U.S., we have had the opportunity to blend new features with the best elements from the previous games," said Laura Yoshioka, director of consumer software at TOMY Corporation. "In addition to the new storyline, we have worked closely with the development studio, Eighting, to implement fan feedback. We actively pursued advice from tournament players to update the fighting mechanics and create balanced characters to improve the gameplay experience."

NARUTO: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 will provide players with quality fighting game mechanics and a fast-paced gameplay experience on Wii. Set after Sasuke leaves the Leaf Village to gain more power from Orochimaru, the title offers a slew of playable characters, including those developed especially for the storyline. Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 features destructible stages and four-player multiplayer battles, along with gameplay modes and characters not yet seen on the Clash of Ninja series.
The sequel to Revolution has finally been confirmed. Now unlike last Revolution, this Revolution is actually specially FOR the U.S. and not just a copy of Naruto GNT 4. Why is that, it's because some characters not featured in GNT 4 are now in Revolution 2.
Quote:
The game will have at least 35 characters, a storyline exclusive to the United States with 24 missions, at least 15 multi-tier stages, a new mission mode with 300 missions, balancing changes for certain characters, newly recorded voice acting and a few minor tweaks. The game will be based from when Sasuke leaves the Leaf Village up to the current US anime. It has been confirmed that players will again be able to use the Gamecube controller and Classic controller in addition to the Wii Remote by itself, and the default Wii Remote with Nunchuk add-on just as in the original Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution.The developers have stated that they are considering team battles, but that they have decided against online play to focus on rebalancing the characters and perfecting the game's story mode. The game introduces for the North American audience the hand seal mechanism from Naruto Shippūden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! EX 2, which characters can use to gain chakra or boost their attack power temporarily.
Character Roster
Naurto Uzumaki/Kyuubi Naruto
One-Tail Kyuubi Naruto - NEW
Sasuke Uchiha/Sharingan Sasuke
Cursed lvl 2 Sasuke - NEW
Sakura Haruno
Kakashi Hatake/Sharingan Kakashi
Rock Lee
Neji Hyuuga
Tenten
Guy
Choji Akimichi - NEW
Shikamaru Nara
Ino Yamanaka
Asuma Sarutobi - NEW
Kiba Inuzuka - NEW
Hinata Hyuuga
Shino Aburame
Awakened Hinata - NEW
Kurenai Yuhi - NEW
Gaara
Kankuro
Temari
Baki - NEW
Jiraiya
Tsunade
Orochimaru
Kabuto Yakushi - NEW
Anko Mitarashi - NEW
Itachi Uchiha
Kisame Hoshigaki
Yugao Uzuki - NEW
Bando - NEW
White haired ANBU - NEW
Komachi(ANBU) - NEW
Towa(ANBU) - NEW

"Will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?"

Last edited by RasenganFox; 08-30-2008 at 02:54 PM.
RasenganFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2

I'm pretty hesitant to buy this game. The first one was a massive letdown IMO. They'd need to give you more freedom regarding 4-player matches and more unlockables. If it had online play, I'd automatically consider it; too few good Wii games have online play (I count 1). And even then, it would still be inferior to the Narutimate Hero/Accel series.
Also, I think I saw something in there about being able to play as characters made up specifically for the game's storyline, which is basically equivalent to a filler since it isn't in the manga and isn't being written by Masashi Kishimoto. I'll be damned if I buy the first Naruto game to include filler characters.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
hippiematt
Chuunin

hippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
I'm pretty hesitant to buy this game. The first one was a massive letdown IMO. They'd need to give you more freedom regarding 4-player matches and more unlockables. If it had online play, I'd automatically consider it; too few good Wii games have online play (I count 1). And even then, it would still be inferior to the Narutimate Hero/Accel series.
Also, I think I saw something in there about being able to play as characters made up specifically for the game's storyline, which is basically equivalent to a filler since it isn't in the manga and isn't being written by Masashi Kishimoto. I'll be damned if I buy the first Naruto game to include filler characters.
Isn't it only for the psp naruto game, well (rephrase) the only naruto game that has a playable filler character is the naruto ultimate hero 2 crap, it sucks btw. Also, theres another game that is fun online, Mario Cart, Super smash is ok online but some n00bs have bad connection.

Brawl

Mario Cart

hippiematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

RasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of light

I seriously hope they don't put any filler characters in. There are many rumors of characters that are based around this game. One rumor is that Itachi and Kisame won't be in the game because they had nothing to do with Sasuke leaving arc and up, if so then that's gonna seriously suck. Another is people saying that since the anime will almost be at Shippuden by the time the game comes out, they MIGHT put the model of Timeskip Naruto from GNT EX in the game as a surprise or something. That'd be cool if they did, but like I said these are all rumors.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:37 AM   #5
mrpiimpnn
Sand God

mrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enough

I would wish to play all of the Naruto games on my Xbox 360 but I only have one naruto game and it wont stop mesing up with the loading problems.
mrpiimpnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

Updated the character roster a bit. I'm now starting to have my doubts of the game. I guess when they said the storyline goes from Sasuke leaving arc and up they meant it cause I keep finding that the storymode will consist of 24 missions. That means another arcs won't be included. This cuts Zabuza and Haku out. Though, the new mission mode, will hopefully make up for that. For those who don't understand the mission mode concept this video shows it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mudtx31IFo

These are just some BETA gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqLZybwqoTc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InmIn...eature=related

Old 07-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Thanks RF. I've learned not to put too much trust in rumors. Didn't they say that they'd have a character in the first one that was unique to North America?
No Zabuza, no Haku (he wasn't in the first Revolution either, come to think of it), no
Itachi, no Kisame, and Shino hasn't been confirmed yet... if those characters aren't in the game, and some crappy filler characters are, I'm gonna be pissed. Or at the very least, annoyed. >_>

Also, hippiematt, please try to make sense next time.

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 07-04-2008 at 12:34 AM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

Here's some stuff on the game taken from the recent Anime Expo:

Character Select Screen:

Remember, more character spaces might be added. Also, it isn't the same as the GNT 4 character selection screen at all.

Two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAz1s0aZ0MU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRo2K...eature=related

Old 07-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I counted about 36 spaces in the character thing. Hard to count but I think it is 36 characters!

I would rather prefer 40 but lets see who makes the cut and who doesn't........

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #10
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

Q&A provided by saiyanisland:

1. What gameplay modes will be available in Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2?
All of the gameplay modes available in the first Clash of Ninja Revoluton will be available in this game. That includes time attack, score attack survival mode, team survival mode, and vs mode. There is also a brand new story mode featuring an original storyline. Along with all that, a few new modes will be included, one of which will be called Kumitai mode (English Translation: Sparing Mode), but information on those new modes will be revealed later.

2. What is the premise to the new storyline D3 and Tomy are offering players in Clash of Ninja Revolution 2?
The story mode was worked on in collaboration with the team that works with the original Naruto story. It's brand new and original with never before seen characters. D3/Tomy didn't go into this question any further as they plan to reveal more about it sometime in the future.

3. The game is slated to have rendered cinematic sequences. Will they be used to progress story mode??
Yes. Unlike the first Clash of Ninja game which used stagnant sequences to progress the story mode, this one will feature characters actually showing emotion as they move and talk.

4. Does each character have his or own storyline?
No. The story works in a linear fashion and you are assigned characters based on how the story's progression.

5. Can you tell us a little about the audio of the game. Will the soundtrack be similar to the first Clash of Ninja Revolution or will it be totally new? And will the game include voices from the both English and Japanese actors from the Naruto anime?
There won't be any Japanese voice actors because all of the content in the game is original to North America. The game will have the English voice actors from the anime with voices recorded just for the game. As for stage music, all of the stages that were in the first Clash of Ninja Revolution will be in this one and will feature the same background music. The new stages that will be implemented will have their own new and unique soundtrack. Also, the into sequence music, end sequence music, and menu music will all be brand new.

6. What control options will be available?
You can play Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 with the classic controller, GameCube controller, Wii Remote on it's side (NES style) and the Wii Remote + Nunchuck. Using the Wii Remote + Nunchuck controller option allows you to take advantage of the Wii's motion sensing capabilities.

7. How do the motions work?
The shake of the Wii Remote sort of works like a button. When you move the Wii Remote side to side can do a weak attack. When you are in cinematic jutsu sequence you can follow the on screen commands and do the gestures in order to make the jutsu more powerful (like the first like of Ninja Revolution). Players can also use the motions to make handsigns. There is also another feature that uses the Wii remotes motion sensing capabilities which will be revealed later.
As for the the Nunchuck controller, you can use it to deflect kunai. If your opponent throws a kunai at you, simply shake the Nunchuck, and you can deflect the kunai back at them!

8. The game will allow players to make hand signs mid-battle with the Wii Remote. Could you please elaborate on how the hand signs are made?
You have two trigger buttons on the Nunchuck controller - C and Z. If you hold both of them down, you'll go into a stance (which leaves you completely vulnerable), but gives you the opportunity to move the Wii Remote in a few different series of directions that gives your characters temporary boasts like for chakra or attack, for example. All the characters can do a chakra boost, which increases the amount of chakra they have and all the characters can do a temporary attack power boast which increases how much damage they do for a short amount of time. And than their are some specific character motions also availible like for Sasuke to activate his Sharingan

9. How is multiplayer?
The game supports local multiplayer for up to four players. So you can fight in a 4 player free-for-all, 1 vs 1 , 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3, or 2 vs 2 matches. There is no online multiplayer.

10. Why was online not implemented?
D3/TOMY decided to focus on refining the game and adding a lots more content to it. Because the game is fast paced and relies on split second decisions it would be hard to nail down that kind of thing online, so they decided to leave it out. They felt adding more content was where time was better spent invested. (It makes sense if you have ever played Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii - it has major lag issues).

11. Will the game have full wide screen support?
Yes - wide screen in 480p.

12. Does the game use a new graphics engine?
It's the same graphics engine as Clash of Ninja Revolution, however, this time it does support 480p wide screen.

13. In regards to the first Clash of Ninja Revolution, one of the most immersive aspects was the ability to knock an opponent off the stage and following that up mid-flight with an extra attack or plan ahead for when they landed. Will this same mechanic be included, and if so has it been expanded on in any way?
The mechanic is still include, and has expanded in the sense that their will be more scenes to see when you knock your opponent off stage. Like the first Clash of Ninja Revolution, each stage will have two parts to it. Since their are twice as many stages in Revolution 2, their will be twice amount of background sequences which you will get to witness.

14. Are their any customizable options - cosmetic or game enhancing?
Their is one cosmetic option. You will have the ability to choose between alternate colors for the outfits the characters wear.

15. Do the developers for Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 take input or have any communication with the development teams for the Sony and Microsoft Naruto games?
There is no communication between development teams, however, their is communication and input taken from the fans of the series.

16. Will the environment have any interactive components?
Yes, their will be. For example, in the first Clash of Ninja Revolution you could hide behind boulders, and your opponent would have to break the boulder to get to you.

17. How long has Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 been in the works?
The game has been in development for around a year.

18. How many characters will be in the game and who are they?
There will be over 30 characters, including 4 characters which were made just for this game. To see the character list, go here.

19. How many stages will the game have?
Although we don't have a definite answer, we were told that Revolution 2 will have twice the amount of stages as Revolution 1. Since Revolution 1 had 8 stages, we'd say Revolution 2 has around 16 stages

Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

I feel like they need to be running into the right direction instead of slowly inching in the right direction.

I feel they made a terrible move trying to make Clash of Ninja revolution like GNT-EX... They should have made the game like the original japanese one except with more characters instead of creating these soso anime games.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

I think the reason why they added so many features into the game is that they want the game to be unique and fun to play as well. There is one feature I will be especially pissed if they do not include it, and that is the Team Battle feature, and some of the selective teams could use a team special and everything. I'd be a shame if that wasn't included.

Was reading something on the game's website where people were asking questions about characters in the game. He asked something about will the characters be strictly from the anime and or manga and that's it, or some completley made up like in the Bleach Wii game for those who have played. The response from Tomy was a mixture a both. I think it'd be interesting to have a completely made up character in the game, a strong one at that, but that's just me.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #13
kimm21
Oni

kimm21 is on a distinguished roadkimm21 is on a distinguished road

I guess that they actually improved fromthe first one I am in shock
BROOKLYN RAGE!!!
kimm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #14
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

A exclusive look at the almost complete roster, remember I said ALMOST, so this doesn't mean that the sound four still won't be included. It's just a small demo. I wanted to point out some new characters:

That purple haired anbu chick along with two other anbus, Kabuto, Baki-Gaara's sensei, and some weird Orange haired dude. No it's not Pein >__>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRq91Dhy9M

The footage demon from E3.

Last edited by RasenganFox; 07-15-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #15
254rocklee88
Academy Student

254rocklee88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am ready to get this game because the first one was awsome. I want to know i Neji got his 126 palm move on their. (i think thats what it is)
254rocklee88 is offline   Reply With Quote