Glasses - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 AM   #16
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Glasses

Contacts are painful. I never wear mine and I can hardly put them in. I used to get my sister to hold me down... yeah. I mean, I can touch my own eyes and like poke them a little, but if I go near them with contacts it's fucking on. XDD Just aint happening until about thirty minutes later. <.< So, I don't use contacts in order to save time. Besides that, I rarely ever followed the directions and left them in for like two weeks.... eh heh.

I couldn't tell you what glasses are manly, or that would look good on your facial structure. That's all up to you. And yes, they will adjust the frames, so you really don't have to worry too much about the frames not fitting your face.

The kind I have came with the clip-on shades, and I ADORE them. Most convenient glasses ever. And I've been told they make me look like I'm from the FBI... x'D (I thought it was cool. lol) Anyway, get the clip-ons if you like wearing shades, but also like being able to see/have normal glasses in class. =D

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #17
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Just get prescription sunglasses. Wear them even indoors. <.<;

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #18
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

I wore glasses with nose pads, and that area on my nose kind of got... Well, it looked pressed and felt unusually smooth and sticky. I wear contacts now, and they're really nifty. The reason why I don't find them annoying or anything is because I've always liked eye drops and stuff like that. Touching my eye was fun in first grade. >.>

As for glasses, I like those plastic thick-framed ones, but I'm not very sure how those look on dudes. I guess the ones that are half-framed would look nice?
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #19
hippiematt
Chuunin

hippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of light

My glasses broke when my teacher tried to put them on and she paid meh 20 bucks to not say nothing

Brawl

Mario Cart

hippiematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #20
Miburo

@OG-After reading that, I kind of want to get glasses now. Dunno why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
Naw, everyone knows that monocles are what's real pimp. Am I right Mibs?
Eh..gotta agree there. I can't think of anyone cool that wore a monocle though. Peanut guy? The Penguin? = /

If you can pull it off though, mega-pimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Actually, contacts are preferred over conventional glasses when participating in sports, but sports goggles/glasses beat them both.
Sport goggles suck. They'd crack in half every time I'd slam my head into the other dude's sternum. I guess they'd work okay for less manly sports though. ; )

@UT-Fucking word. I have a contact too, I just never wear it because I fail at putting it in. Hate that shit. >.<
Old 06-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #21
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
@OG-After reading that, I kind of want to get glasses now. Dunno why.

Eh..gotta agree there. I can't think of anyone cool that wore a monocle though. Peanut guy? The Penguin? = /

If you can pull it off though, mega-pimp.

Sport goggles suck. They'd crack in half every time I'd slam my head into the other dude's sternum. I guess they'd work okay for less manly sports though. ; )

@UT-Fucking word. I have a contact too, I just never wear it because I fail at putting it in. Hate that shit. >.<
Well I played football; there's not many sports manlier than that.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #22
Miburo

Football < Wrestling/Boxing/Grappling/Judo/etc. as far as manliness goes.

It is pretty up there though.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #23
redninja116
Academy Student

Location: .......right behind you.......eating pocky!!!!!!!!!
redninja116 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with miburo-san.........
i also so martial arts.......
and i wear glasses........
my friend broke his sport goggles
when he was boxing and grappling......

PROUD MEMBER OF J.A.P. PRODUCTIONS!!!!!

grappling record
26-2-0

fight record
28-2-0

isshin-sama - my older brother!!!!!!!!
Kyoko-_** - my uberly awesome kitty!!!!!!!!
JR. - my little brother!!!!!!!!
Shadowwolf - my uberly awesome wolfie!!!!!!!!
redninja116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #24
itachi143
No cheese? :(

itachi143 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiematt View Post
My glasses broke when my teacher tried to put them on and she paid meh 20 bucks to not say nothing
you should've said wat the glasses cost u exactly so you dont get ripped
Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #25
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Now these are pimp glasses.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #26
hippiematt
Chuunin

hippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of lighthippiematt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi143 View Post
you should've said wat the glasses cost u exactly so you dont get ripped
I was in like 4th or 5th grade I can't remember and plus I didn't want them anyways
but randomly my mom got me another pair 4 years later ?.?

Brawl

Mario Cart

hippiematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #27
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticDimwit
yea but it's hard to put contacts in when you're asian 'cause our eyes are so small ~_~
Lorene, you know I love you, but I lol'd so hard at this post. xD

As for the whole glasses deal: Fuck 'em, get contacts.

I wore glasses ever since I was six years old, and I was called "four eyes" for most of my elementary-middle school career. Glasses are NOT cool, no matter how you look at them. Unless you don't have bad eyesight at all, and they're extremely thin lenses. Otherwise, go for contacts, because glasses are such bitches to own.

You get glares from the sun, you always have the chance of breaking them by doing something retarded, especially in the sports area, they're way too high maintenance (seriously, you have to clean off your glasses like once an hour because dust and shite gets on the lenses and they end up obstructing your vision), then there's always the annoyance of having frames that are too small for your facial structure, which ends up giving you headaches because the frames are pressing against your temples too hard, oh, and let's not forget what happens when the frames get bent or whatever and you look like an idiot because now they sit lopsided.

xD

I hate glasses. </3

Contacts are easier, but make sure you get soft ones instead of hard ones. Hard ones are not only a total bitch to take care of (you have to be extremely careful because they can break if you put too much pressure on them) but they're also extremely uncomfortable, and nearly impossible to adjust to. Depending on your eye type (dry eyes, astigmatism, etc) you might need different types of specialty contacts (Acuvue with Hydraclear, for example, which is what I use), and they only take about two weeks to get accustomed to.

It's hard at first because your eyes aren't used to being "poked" or whatever, but after a while, you get used to it, and it only takes a couple of seconds to put your contacts in. Also, the dangers of contacts compared to glasses in the area of sports are pretty slim, minus swimming of course.

Example--Get hit in the head with a ball. Glasses, you run the risk of getting a severe cut to the head, especially if the lenses are made of glass instead of plastic (this happened to me more than once, believe me.) Contacts, they might fall out or move, but they won't break, and they won't cause any serious injuries. ;D

Last edited by Tsuna; 06-27-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #28
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Good find.

THIS IS WHERE THE THANKING SYSTEM WILL COME INTO PLAY I REALIZE
Yeah,

Rep= Being Baddass
Thank=Being Useful

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #29
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Riiiiiiiight.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #30
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

I'm thankful that I have perfect eyesight. My friends all say I've got eagle eyesight, perfect for keeping a watch out and for finding shit that's fallen on the floor.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote