New Nintendo Console is called... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
New Nintendo Console is called...

...WiiU

This is what it looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_bzff-Ggs4

Audio sucks but here is the demo reel of the new console.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
That1CheezyGuy (06-07-2011)

Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: New Nintendo Console is called...

Can we just call it the Weebu?

I wonder if Apple is kicking themselves for not thinking of doing this with their tablet first. It looks cumbersome, but the touch screen menu option for your "gear" potentially eliminating pop up menus that appears to be what the Zelda game is displaying is a pretty cool idea.

I'm guessing though this will be like the Wii... I'll play it if someone else has one, but no urge to buy my own.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-07-2011), Numinous (06-07-2011), That1CheezyGuy (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I like the fact that we can still play without the need of the TV. Though I'm I sure to play an entire game on that thing will conjure up a serious case of carpal tunnel.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Axiom (06-09-2011), Numinous (06-07-2011), That1CheezyGuy (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

What the fuck.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
manta (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
I like the fact that we can still play without the need of the TV. Though I'm I sure to play an entire game on that thing will conjure up a serious case of carpal tunnel.
You obviously have not spent enough quality time with the NES my friend. Let me remind you:

That's carpel tunnel... plus the corners hurt when your older brother would hit you with them to win the game. Jerk.
Miburo (06-07-2011), Spiegel (06-07-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shit. For a second there I thought it was just some hardcore retarded fucking controller add-on that you can use wii garbage with. First little video thing just had people playing fucking golf with the thing on the ground and shit. What the fuck. Then I watched the other shit and it looks like it's an actual real game console and that thing is just some massive fucking controller thing. It's the length of a goddamn japanese dude's fucking forearm wide or some shit.

I guess that isn't that bad though. I thought that asian guy was saying Ryu. Fucking wiiu. Didn't think it'd be possible to name something an even dumber name than wii. GG nintendo. At least you guys can get multi-platform games now, lolololol. I could see that screen being kinda useful for shit like a map and all your hud shit on it. So the massive fucking screen thing isn't all that dumb. The rest of it is your standard controller shit you'd find on a dual shock 3 (minus a camera or whatever. Fuck that shit.), which is cool and will hopefully keep the gimmicky shit to a minimum. Still, holy fuck massive.

But overall it's like a real console finally, can have good games plus maybe some decent to good nintendo games. Throw in some free, good online and don't make it expensive as fuck and I'd definitely consider it. Which isn't something I was willing to do with the last couple consoles nintendo made. Not too bad, I guess.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Axiom (06-09-2011), Mal (06-07-2011), Spiegel (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I'm still not clear on how powerful it is. I know it's HD capable and 1080p, but Nintendo have sounded cagey about what it's capable of, the tech demo honestly wasn't impressive, and I've heard a guy from DICE said it's not actually as powerful as even the 360.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Axiom (06-09-2011), Trey (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Those crazy Japanese.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
EphemeralStar
Genin

EphemeralStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually stoked for this It's really cool technology in my opinion.
EphemeralStar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EphemeralStar For This Useful Post:
Axiom (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

I fucking like this too. Could careless about any motion control, or camera game syncing, or whatever. Those, for the moment, are ancillary features imo, but heck the controller is basically a tablet with a standard 8 button setup built in? Thats pretty sweet. You can have it set to display hub info, and even play games entirely on the control screen. I can dig it. With most modern phones being mobile hotspots, and its wifi connectivity..... gaming on the go?(Now if only it would play the big games on the go) Yeah, not to shabby.

Nintendo seems to have a decent line up of third party developers working on some big titles so all the better. I'm interested to see what kind of meaningful innovation comes out of this, and I think it will be an interesting platform to develop for. I never bought a wii, but I'll most likely end up owning this. At the very least it looks like the type of system that might finally turn my old lady into a gamer.

Nintendo's stock took a big hit after they unveiled the WiiUiu, but that may also be a blessing in disguise, may be a means for a quick financial turn around for an enterprising individual with the means to capitalize on it.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
BoyThisIsAwkward
Chuunin

BoyThisIsAwkward is on a distinguished roadBoyThisIsAwkward is on a distinguished road

Bump this wii u stuff. I'm sitting in my corner waiting for my ps4.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Axiom
[something clever]

You are in a corner because you're grounded, and no one gave you permission to come out yet. So get back in there.=)

Last edited by Axiom; 06-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
ACt
Heart Wizard

My latest pondering on the Weebu tablet, that occurred to me while making bagels (that's right - I'm making fucking bagels!) is how does this work if more than one player wants to play? Do you literally have to go out and buy two consoles or is there some sort of discount on your second Nintendo Tablet? Would it even work or will your tv cry in pain? From all I see, it really appears to be a play by yourself, except for the games that involve the other wii like controllers.
Axiom (06-09-2011), Mal (06-10-2011), Miburo (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
Axiom
[something clever]

"Making" as in fork-split, and toasted, or actually making bagels from scratch? Homemade bagels sound pretty good.

But yeah, about the Uuuwii thats a good question. I cannot imagine you being forced to purchase an entirely separate console to get another controller. Of coarse you never really know what their plans for it are. A discounted offer giving during the initial buy would make sense.

And I haven't seen anything yet about how it functions with multiple contrablets(trade marked). But it wouldn't make sense for it to only function with one from any stand point, but again, you never know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-09-2011)