Translations... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Naruto2008
Special Jounin

Naruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really nice
Translations...

This goes for the Manga as well as the anime, but since I post mainly in the manga section I figured I'd put it here. So anyway it has come to my attention that many of the curse words we see in the english translations are just put there by the translator for effect and nott reallty there in Japanese. For example I have seen Naruto say "fuck" in the anime and Hidan say "fuck" in the Manga. Those are just 2 examples. I have also see Naruto say "shit" and other shit (no pun intended). Now i really dont care I'm just wondering did Kishi/The Animators put that in or did the translators. And if it's really put there in Japanese then how come in the english publication/and dub it's not there. Isn't that censorship?

Bitch I'm tha bomb like tick, tick!
Naruto2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #2
uchiha-anwar
Missing-Nin

uchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enough
Re: Translations...

Its more likley that they are cursing for sure but not the exact same cursing..in othere word the translatours trying to find the parallel meaning for the jap cursing and in the mean time reflect the charactar mode and meaning..

also the word "shimatta" = shit ..they translate it ethier "shit or "dame it" the closer to what it gonna dilever the picture to u..the deffrince between the manga and the anime translatours is what maken the diffrence in cursing translation but for sure kishi put the cursing from the 1st place otherwise there will be a problem in censorship like u said.

P.s: dude give me some rep..i reped u alot
uchiha-anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 AM   #3
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

I think that 'damn' 'shit' and 'fuck' are all used in the same way when spoken-- It's a word that is said that has some anger in it-- It's not like these words actually have meaning when we say it. We could be saying "AH! DONKEY!!" as a curse word, but it's not like we're talking about the actual donkey.
Such the same, some translators like to use 'shit' or 'fuck' other than 'damn'. It's their choice as translators.

But literally, 'kuso' means 'shit'-- As in feces.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
darrylgm
Hmmm...

darrylgm will become famous soon enoughdarrylgm will become famous soon enough

I think in dub its mostly censorship.
darrylgm is offline   Reply With Quote