12 days until activation. - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #31
DaRk_LoRd_SuPrEmE_3.14159
Missing-Nin

DaRk_LoRd_SuPrEmE_3.14159 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12 days until activation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. 10 to 25 percent? It's virtually a 0 percent chance of anything going wrong.

And I'm saying prepare yourselves for history in the making. It marks the start of an experiment for the Higgs boson, and it's observed existence will make the big bang theory even MORE correct. I hope they also observe wierd shit, too, like super particles. If they observe super particles I will shit bricks.

Oh! I'm quite sorry! I thought you meant the other way.
DaRk_LoRd_SuPrEmE_3.14159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #32
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Stop this massive retardation and get to the real shit; NUCLEAR FuSION.
We're not responsible enough as human to deal with splitting atoms. We should hold off on fusing them until we get out planet sorted out. Although, it could be clean energy depending on how they do it. And we'd need to be able to contain it without question.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #33
Missing-Nin

We did this before. They said we would die. We didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
I read wiki.

I just don't understand what the it was talking about.

Can some explain in English. Simple one.
What N48 is saying is that this shit is happening above us right now, the same shit thats gonna happen in that thing. We would be dead long ago if the shit above us were black holes.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #34
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
We're not responsible enough as human to deal with splitting atoms. We should hold off on fusing them until we get out planet sorted out. Although, it could be clean energy depending on how they do it. And we'd need to be able to contain it without question.
Nuclear Fusion = free energy. Free energy = the greatest thing that will happen to makind, ever.

Your way of thinking is illogical.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #35
Kina
Star-Stuff

Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nuclear Fusion = free energy. Free energy = the greatest thing that will happen to makind, ever.

Your way of thinking is illogical.
Not if you take into account the military applications. That's what worries me.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
Missing-Nin

Off topic, but: What does red rep mean?

Quote:

Yes perhaps, but Russia cant do it, cuz they singed a treaty with us. Now we are working on Iran.

Last edited by DaRk_LoRd_SuPrEmE_3.14159; 07-27-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #37
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Damn. I was hoping they'd be studying it. Do you think they'll look into energy source applications? Oh, I don't wiki, it's not reliable.
Two kinds of people edit wikipedia: Math / Science nerds and idiots. If you're reading an article about something idiotic, then it's not reliable. If you're reading an article about math or science, wikipedia is just as reliable as actual published encyclopedias, because these math / science nerds sit down and debate about the crap that they edit. Don't forget you can double check validity of an article by looking at it's sources.

To put this into perspective, I guess you could say it's like edited and translated online manga. If a scanslation group likes their manga enough, these amateurs can edit so well and translate so accurately that they sometimes do it better than the publishers that license these mangas.

Oh. And what are you talking about with the energy sources? What you're saying is really counter intuitive, because they're trying to SPEND ENERGY as much as they possibly can to get these particles at the highest velocity that they can. It's really not even in the same field as discovering new energy sources. And really, it's just nuclear energy, which we already know about and actually use.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #38
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
With free energy, there wouldn't be much need for war. All forms of fuels would be covered forever, technology would advance beyond comprehension. I can't really see nuclear fusion being applicated to war means, unless they somehow minimize it and shoot it at you to turn you into pure hydrogen or something.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
Kina
Star-Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Two kinds of people edit wikipedia: Math / Science nerds and idiots. If you're reading an article about something idiotic, then it's not reliable. If you're reading an article about math or science, wikipedia is just as reliable as actual published encyclopedias, because these math / science nerds sit down and debate about the crap that they edit. Don't forget you can double check validity of an article by looking at it's sources.

To put this into perspective, I guess you could say it's like edited and translated online manga. If a scanslation group likes their manga enough, these amateurs can edit so well and translate so accurately that they sometimes do it better than the publishers that license these mangas.
I got the first explanation. I just don't trust wiki that much and, regrettably, I figured you'd be kind enough to explain it so I wouldn't have to hunt for an answer, so thanks for that.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #40
Missing-Nin

Quote:
With free energy, there wouldn't be much need for war. All forms of fuels would be covered forever, technology would advance beyond comprehension. I can't really see nuclear fusion being applicated to war means, unless they somehow minimize it and shoot it at you to turn you into pure hydrogen or something.
Adding to that, we wouldn't be polluting our enviornment anymore. All that would come out is steam.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #41
Kina
Star-Stuff

Quote:
Humans don't just war over fuel. And I'm sure some brilliant weapons scientist would find a way.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #42
Trey
Legendary

Quote:
Humans don't just war over fuel. And I'm sure some brilliant weapons scientist would find a way.
In this case, the good far outweighs the potential bad. Nuclear Fusion will be the single greatest and most remarkable achievement in human history until we achieve the speed of light or something.

We're talking utopia-esque civilizations coming from nuclear fusion.

Last edited by Trey; 07-27-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #43
Missing-Nin

Besides, who wants war? War is horrible. Its just the dumb and simple minded who make war (e.g. Bush).
Old 07-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #44
Kina
Star-Stuff

Quote:
In this case, the good far outweighs the potential bad. Nuclear Fusion will be the single greatest and most remarkable achievement in human history until we achieve the speed or light or something.

We're talking utopia-esque civilizations coming from nuclear fusion.
I'm still not convinced humanity, as it is, is ready for such power.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #45
Trey
Legendary

Quote:
I'm still not convinced humanity, as it is, is ready for such power.
If you impede the progression and colossal scientific leap nuclear fusion would provide now, then you might as well keep from discovering it indefinitely.

Nuclear fission is only really used for blowing shit up and carbon dating.

Nuclear fusion can go as far as the human imagination can. Sure we could fuck up and consume the Earth in a miniature sun, but oh the possibilities!