New York subway romance hits end of the line - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
New York subway romance hits end of the line

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080729/od_nm/subway_dc

Quote:
CANBERRA (Reuters) - A modern-day love story of a man spotting the girl of his dreams across a New York subway train and tracking her down over the Internet has failed to have a fairytale ending with the relationship over.

For Web designer Patrick Moberg, then 21, from Brooklyn, it was love at first sight when he spotted a woman on a Manhattan train last November. But he lost her in the crowd so he set up a website with a sketch to find her -- www.nygirlofmydreams.com.

Unbelievably in a city of 8 million people, it only took Moberg 48 hours to track down the woman, with his phone ringing non-stop and email box overflowing as usually cynical New Yorkers took sympathy on the subway Romeo and joined his hunt.

The mysterious brunette was named as Camille Hayton, from Melbourne, Australia, who was working as an intern at the magazine BlackBook and also lived in Brooklyn. One of her friends spotted the sketched picture on the Web site and recognized her.

But after finding each other, appearing on TV and getting international press, the couple took their romance out of the public eye, with Moberg closing down the Web site and with both refusing to making any more comments -- until now.

Hayton told Australian newspaper The Sunday Telegraph that she dated Moberg for about two months but it just didn't work out.

"I say we dated for a while but now we're just friends," Hayton, now 23, told the newspaper. "It's really nice that people embraced the story. It is part of my life now."

Hayton said she is still recognized about three times a week on the streets of Manhattan as "that girl"' and the question is always the same: "So what happened?"

"I think the situation was so intense that it bonded us," she said, adding it "bonded us in a way that you could mistake, I guess, for being more romantic than it was. I don't know. But I wanted to give it a go so I didn't wonder what if, what if?"

Hayton told The Sunday Telegraph that she is enjoying single life in New York, keeping busy with acting classes, working in two vintage clothing stores and as a waitress.

Last week she had a small role as a waitress in the long-running daytime soap "As The World Turns" and last year she was an extra in a "blink and you'd miss it" scene in the hit movie "Sex And The City."

"I just can't believe it happened. It feels like a long time ago," said Hayton.

Moberg, however, was still refusing to comment on the relationship.

"We've decided not to do any more press," he wrote in an e-mail to Reuters.

(Reporting by Belinda Goldsmith, Editing by Bill Tarrant)
By believing in his dreams, a man turns them into reality, but sometimes dreams just spits in his face.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: New York subway romance hits end of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
By believing in his dreams, a man turns them into reality, but sometimes dreams just spits in his face.
Let me re-phrase that.

By having a sappy, instant, purely physical fascination with a random pretty girl on public transport, the Internet can be a means of extending it into a total waste of everyone else's time, but reality can smack a dreamy moron in the face, because there is some justice in the world.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
J.A.M.D.
Genin

J.A.M.D. is an unknown quantity at this point

You just about summed it up.
J.A.M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Let me re-phrase that.

By having a sappy, instant, purely physical fascination with a random pretty girl on public transport, the Internet can be a means of extending it into a total waste of everyone else's time, but reality can smack a dreamy moron in the face, because there is some justice in the world.
Poetic Justice is soo cold.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
Joker
Missing-Nin

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. The guy seems like a total fag, with absolutley no life. I lol'd at him getting dumped. Which in reality he should of expected. Considering it was a relationship based souly on a physical lust. =\
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
skwee
Hunter-Nin

skwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Let me re-phrase that.

Did somone just turn on the air conditioner,cause it just got cold in here.

That was sad,he found her on the subway,and used the internet to help him find her,what a fag.

"There are things you want to hear,and things you need to hear,
and I am here to tell them to you..."-Skwee
skwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwee View Post
Did somone just turn on the air conditioner,cause it just got cold in here.
Look, when a guy basically turns a James Blunt song into a publicly flaunted real-life event, I find it my moral duty to stick up my middle finger.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
skwee
Hunter-Nin

skwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Look, when a guy basically turns a James Blunt song into a publicly flaunted real-life event, I find it my moral duty to stick up my middle finger.
Dude I was just kidding,nice way to bash james blunt,I hate that guy.

"There are things you want to hear,and things you need to hear,
and I am here to tell them to you..."-Skwee
skwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:54 AM   #9
kluang
One Punch Man

maybe this guy using james blunt as an inspiration....

Old 08-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Gamer
Genin

Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Let me re-phrase that.

lol 1 man 1 post ends a thread =P
Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
uchiha-anwar
Missing-Nin

uchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enough

I think what he did is sweet...crazy yeah..but isn't love gets crazy sometimes??
I understand him a little..the guy imagened that his happiness is with her...so he did every thing he can to find her between all those millions..anyone else would've gave up..but he didn't..he also made her famous and maybe hollywood will take her cuz of her reputation.

and the relation did work out for 2 month..and they failed to continue..who cares??
he got his date isn't he?whats all the bubbling about world justice is about?

Last edited by uchiha-anwar; 08-23-2008 at 03:05 PM.
uchiha-anwar is offline   Reply With Quote