Are the Vasto-Lordes the arrancar that Aizen made? *Please, no spoilers* - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Anime

Bleach Anime Talk about the anime series of Bleach here! Remember, this is anime online. No manga!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
aubman02
Academy Student

aubman02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are the Vasto-Lordes the arrancar that Aizen made? *Please, no spoilers*

The English-dubbed Bleach is confusing me. They use Vasto-lorde(I don't know if I am spelling this righ, sorry if I'm not) and Arrancar interchangeably, but in the subbed English bleach it wasn't. In fact I was under the impression that there is exists actual Lords over different regions of the Hollow world and I think I even remember the arrancar looking for some during one episode. So are their other human-like hollow in the hollow world? someone help me out here please...
aubman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aubman02 For This Useful Post:
naruto_nutty (07-16-2009)

Old 06-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Re: Are the Vasto-Lordes the arrancar that Aizen made? *Please, no spoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubman02 View Post
The English-dubbed Bleach is confusing me. They use Vasto-lorde(I don't know if I am spelling this righ, sorry if I'm not) and Arrancar interchangeably, but in the subbed English bleach it wasn't. In fact I was under the impression that there is exists actual Lords over different regions of the Hollow world and I think I even remember the arrancar looking for some during one episode. So are their other human-like hollow in the hollow world? someone help me out here please...
"Vasto Lorde

Silhouette of a Vasto Lorde

Vasto Lorde (ヴァストローデ, 最上大虚, vasuto rōde; Spanish for "vast/enormous king/lord", Japanese for "Great/Grand king of the Hollows") are the very most powerful class of Menos, and the final stage in the Menos evolutionary line. They appear almost completely humanoid, and surpass an average Captain-Class Shinigami in power, skill, and speed.

Vasto Lorde are the least common form of Menos, but the exact population is unknown. Tōshirō stated that only a few are known to exist, and are believed to reside within the very deepest parts of Hueco Mundo. Apart from the need to cannibalize even more Hollows, any special requirements for the creation of a Vasto Lorde are unknown.

Tōshirō claims that ten of them under Sōsuke Aizen's control would be enough to defeat all of the Soul Society. This is no small coincidence, as Aizen himself states to Gin Ichimaru that he needs to gather enough Vasto Lordes to complete his ten-member Espada. It seems that Aizen has important plans with them, but the only details revealed about those plans are the mere wish to gather all of them together."

Essentially, Vasto Lordes are the highest evolution of Hollows; they exist in VERY few numbers and are as powerful as an average captain-class Shinigami.

"An Arrancar is a Hollow that has removed its mask and thus gained Shinigami-like powers. The word Arrancar comes from the Spanish verb meaning "to remove" or 'to rip off.'"

Think of Arrancar as a reverse Vaizard, they were Hollows who obtained shinigami powers by removing their masks.

That's the difference.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
aubman02
Academy Student

Aren't their ones that reside over Hueco-Mundo? Doesn't the anime say there are ones other than the ones he created?
Old 06-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Aren't their ones that reside over Hueco-Mundo? Doesn't the anime say there are ones other than the ones he created?
The Espada preside over Hueco Mundo and all of them except for the one Rukia killed, were Adjuchas-class Hollows or more before shinigamifcation (we aren't told who might have been what besides this). Some of them COULD have been Vasto Lordes before they became Arrancar but we haven't been told 100% yet. My guess is that Ulquorria and above were but there's no evidence.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
aubman02
Academy Student

So your thinking that perhaps Ulquorria and all the numbers down to one weren't made by Aizen? I can see that.
Thanks for clearing things up!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
pharix
Chuunin

pharix is on a distinguished road

all Arrancar were made by the Hogyoku
pharix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #7
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Quote:
So your thinking that perhaps Ulquorria and all the numbers down to one weren't made by Aizen? I can see that.
Thanks for clearing things up!
All Arrancar were made by Aizen it seems, but what I am saying is that only those as powerful as Uliquorra and above were Vasto Lordes prior to become Arrancars. I am hypothesizing based on my own inner-hunch, but it would make sense.

Remember Vasto Lordes are the ultimate Hollows, while an Arrancar (Espada included!) are Hollows who gained Shinigami powers through shinigamification. Being an Arrancar does not mean they are more powerful than Vasto Lordes, only some of the Espada are more powerful than them as Hitsugaya said: "they [the Vasto Lordes] have the powers of an average captain."

Last edited by TheSixthHokage; 06-07-2009 at 02:10 AM.
TheSixthHokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #8
Viczor6
Hunter-Nin

Viczor6 will become famous soon enoughViczor6 will become famous soon enough

this confuses me some as well, i'm not that in to bleach. vasto lordes is for example that "old fart" who sent out his men to destroy the pillars, right..

Member of the Akatsuki FC
Viczor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
xbenxspire
Blazer Necross

xbenxspire is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that espada #'s 4+ were vastolordes before they became arrancar. The term espada just means that they are the top 10 arrancar. Plus Aizen said he needed to gather the rest of the vastolordes before he takes over the soul society, which could mean he already has some.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
JRO
Academy Student

JRO is an unknown quantity at this point

So hold on here. If Aizen wants to get Vasto Lordes to join him, would that in sense mean that Aizen, Tousen, and Jin r stronger then a Vasto Lordes? If i was a Vasto Lordes, i wouldnt want to listen to them, u c what im saying lol. Still, i wonder how they get so strong to be a Vasto lordes, if they r really as strong as ppl say they r.

Please click on each dragon/egg to make them grow. Thank you

Last edited by JRO; 07-04-2009 at 08:40 PM.
JRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #11
naruto_nutty
Cunning Chunin

naruto_nutty is an unknown quantity at this point

Brillant point there JRO.

Have anyone consider the life-cycle of Vasto Lordes.

First you have to be a hollow, a extremely lucky hollow because you have to be intelligent enough to eat hollow other hollows, then you have to form a Gillian with a few of those hollows, which is very hard, if you get eaten before this tranformation.

Then after becoming a Gillian, you have to have kept some of that intelligence, which the probability probably looks like 1 in every million/billion. You then use this intelligence to cannablise other Gillians, again assuming your don't eaten first, then you become a Meno Grande.

Meno Grande are bigger forms of Gillian, remember Ichigo held off one with his sealed Zanpakuto, (that poor bastard never made it to Adjucha). Then if you are lucky enough to have a scrap of intelligence in this form/mode, you cannablise on more Meno Grande preferably stronger than yourself (see how impossible this is looking), you may become an Adjucha (finally you're getting somewhere).

But becoming an Adjucha and staying one is a difficult thing because in this stage you're very intelligent (don't know how the hell Wonderwiss/Neliel survive in this form, I would like to see that in one of the fillers instead of this fucking garbage they're showing now) and that hunger that you had since you were a tiny weak hollow, grows so strongly that you have to eat everyday just to survive (so they eat any and everything they see.) and then finally the last stage the eating of other Adjuchas to become VASTO LORDES.

Here is Aizen Advert for recruiting Vasto Lordes because I can't imagine how else he does it.

Becoming a Vasto Lorde does have its privileges, e.g you get to choose which meal you want today from a menu of hollows (big and small), adjucha, humans and the main course Shinigami's, but wait it's doesnt end there if you rip your mask off, you get the ultra special form of ARRANCAR, this baby comes with special Shinigami powers, extra powerful moves, like Grand-ray Cero and the extremely rare Zanpakuto. So sign up today, offer ends 31st Dec, terms and conditions apply. Please see Gin or Tosen for further more details.

Here is a question or two;

Who/What is Wonderwice, anyone care to guess?

Can someone(s) speculate on Neliel past and please for the love of god, give someone Clarification on her ranking, is she still an espada, because Nnoira( the no.5 with the fucking stupid name) said that in the space of time that she was absent/AWOL that they/he had grown stronger, but she revered back to child form before she could have finish that lanky bastard. If she is the true no.3 then does that mean she can kick Barragan and Cifer (fuck spell his last name off the top of my head) ass.

What happens when you remove an hollow mask, not an Adjucha/Vasto Lorde a normal hollow does it gain DG powers because if that is the case then why don't they just all rip their fucking mask off???

Answer to post above;

Gin & Tosen are not stronger than any of the top 5 espadas because if you remember clearly;

Tosen got pawned, rape, nuke whatever you wanna call it by ZARAKI KENPACHI, even his Bankai got murdered.

Gin had to release his Zanpakuto to defeat some hollows during Hisagi, Kira, Renji and that girl that was in love with Aizen, can't rember her name now, wait I do its Hina... sumthingblah fuck it. That it Hinamoto, I was about to say Hinamori, heheh, that would have been funny.

Gin also put up a struggle with little, tiny Hitsuga(my favourite char), come on, man. We've seen his Shikai already, though not Bankai, but I think it's sae to presume he would get Castrated by any of the top 5 espada easily.

Here is Aizen Advert for recruiting Vasto Lordes because I can't imagine how else he does it.

Becoming a Vasto Lorde does have its privileges, e.g you get to choose which meal you want today from a menu of hollows (big and small), adjucha, humans and the main course Shinigami's, but wait it's doesnt end there if you rip your mask off, you get the ultra special form of ARRANCAR, this baby comes with special Shinigami powers, extra powerful moves, like Grand-ray Cero and the extremely rare Zanpakuto. So sign up today, offer ends 31st Dec, terms and conditions apply. Please see Gin or Tosen for any further more details.

Here is a link to the sexiest thread ever

(Visiting my Profile may cause Epileptic Fit/Raucous Laughter)
naruto_nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
naruto_nutty
Cunning Chunin

naruto_nutty is an unknown quantity at this point

A few more reasons why Gin and Tosen are weaker than top 5 espada,

Gin( my second favourite, I love the dude permanent smile it looks like he would be gutting you and still smile merrily away), every tussle he being in looks like is has to put effort into it like with Jiroubo(big guys at SS gate), I think even then Ichigo could have taken him, I'm not underestimating Gin and he is my second favourite for other reasons (come on he get to hang around with Rangiku and her two twins, he probably even snuckle between em, I bet he could fit em both in his mouth and that a compliment Gin) and remember we still haven't seen his Bankai.

Tosen is blind, bang big disadvantage, no matter how much u train yourself being blind is always a big disadvantage so I reckon that be his downfall, maybe someone will cure his sight during a fight and that will distract him long enough for his head to leave his neck.

NONE OF THIS POST^^^ CONTAIN ANY SPOILER but then again that depends on which part of anime/manga you're on but keeping with the topic and where this question can come in play (and that only it the creator of thread has watch the entire Heuco Mundo Arc, I haven't even finish that arc yet, someone put some damn filler half way through), I can safely repeat myself and say NO SPOILER IN EITHER OF MY POSTS, if you do find any then please give me bad rep, by clicking on scale, other wise can I please get some good rep, I got -15 becuase of topping which I had no clue what it was and btw how do you identify an old thread/close thread, especially if the reply box is still at the bottom of page

Becoming a Vasto Lorde does have its privileges, e.g you get to choose which meal you want today from a menu of hollows (big and small), adjucha, humans and the main course Shinigami's, but wait it's doesnt end there if you rip your mask off, you get the ultra special form of ARRANCAR, this baby comes with special Shinigami powers, extra powerful moves, like Grand-ray Cero and the extremely rare Zanpakuto. So sign up today, offer ends 31st Dec, terms and conditions apply. Please see Gin or Tosen for any further more details.

Here is a link to the sexiest thread ever

(Visiting my Profile may cause Epileptic Fit/Raucous Laughter)

Last edited by naruto_nutty; 07-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.
naruto_nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Mimi-chan
Genin

Mimi-chan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_nutty View Post
Tosen got pawned, rape, nuke whatever you wanna call it by ZARAKI KENPACHI, even his Bankai got murdered.
Well it's because Zaraki is sex. Khm khm I mean he is pretty strong. I just can't imagine what happens if he gains bankai some day.

Last edited by Mimi-chan; 07-16-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Mimi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mimi-chan For This Useful Post:
naruto_nutty (07-16-2009)
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #14
theonlychad
lord of destruction

theonlychad is an unknown quantity at this point

it has been said that aizen has twice the strength of a normal captain. dunno if tousen and gin are stronger than the top five espada. Although tousen did chop of grimmjow's arm and toasted that biotch like it was a loaf of bread. I also think wonderwiess was a vasto lorde prior to becoming an arrancar. Dunno about el numero 4 and below but my best guess is that they were as well.

Without Chaos there would be no order.
theonlychad is offline   Reply With Quote