Huge X360 pricecuts - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 08-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #16
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

What's wrong with your 360? RRoD? You're just wasting money. I'd rather pay patience than currency of that magnitude. Unless you're ballin' like that, then go 'head player. =P
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #17
Nic
Missing-Nin

Nic is infamous around these partsNic is infamous around these parts

What's the difference?
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

Wii bashing and 360 fanboyism from a Halo fan! Never! Meh, the Red ring of death, rehashed ripoffs of halo which wasn't good to begin with, and broken backwards compatibility aren't for me, so I'd still rather get a Playstation 3.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #19
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
Wii bashing and 360 fanboyism from a Halo fan! Never! Meh, the Red ring of death, rehashed ripoffs of halo which wasn't good to begin with, and broken backwards compatibility aren't for me, so I'd still rather get a Playstation 3.
I actually provide a fair rendition on how things are.

There's no denying X360's library >>> Wii's library.

There's no denying the Wii is pretty much a party machine rather than a console for the dedicated gamer. (If you argue this point, you're stretching to hold fast to your denial.)

It may be true that I'm a 360 fan because of Halo, but all the information I presented is also true. The fact that I<3Halo is irrelevant to the information--the truth.

The PS3 isn't without flaws either. It has some pros over the 360, but it's the same vice versa. The 360's emulation for backwards compatible games at this point in time is pretty thorough, and you'd be hard pressed to find a decent original Xbox game that doesn't work on the 360.

And, um, those "broken" Halo games sold more in the first 24 hours of their lives than the top selling PS3 exclusives sold...well...ever. So surely they can't be that bad. Just because you don't like it...

But, like I said, it all comes down to what you want out of your console.

Last edited by Trey; 08-22-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #20
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

Meh, just because bungie have tons of sheep who would buy a game that involved nothing but Master Chief walking on a straight, narrow road, doesn't mean the actual game is good. It's really done nothing that other FPSs have done before. Now personally, I like the Wii, I think it has a lot of games that are good exclusives. I also never saw a reason to get an Xbox 360 when most of the games that are on it are done better on the PC. Most of the games that are done on the Wii are purely exclusive. Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, all kinds of games. And don't give bullshit about how a hardcore gamer wouldn't like the Wii. If you were a hardcore gamer, you'd have every console on the market right now, so you could get all the games. You also wouldn't have a console bias. Tell you the truth, I don't think there's anything worth playing on the Xbox 360 anymore, especially with the threat of the Red Ring of DEATH hovering over me.

EDIT: I was kidding when I called you a fanboy, really you're just stating an opinion. In my opinion, unless you have played the hell out of all three consoles on the market right now, you have no right to say which one is the best to you.

Last edited by AnticitizenOne; 08-23-2008 at 02:26 PM.
AnticitizenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #21
Miburo

Twilight Princess can be played on the 'cube.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Twilight Princess can be played on the 'cube.
Oh yeah, it can. Speaking of which, there's not really much difference between the two versions. Wasn't even that good of a game to begin with.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #23
Trey
Legendary

Quote:
Meh, just because bungie have tons of sheep who would buy a game that involved nothing but Master Chief walking on a straight, narrow road, doesn't mean the actual game is good. It's really done nothing that other FPSs have done before. Now personally, I like the Wii, I think it has a lot of games that are good exclusives. I also never saw a reason to get an Xbox 360 when most of the games that are on it are done better on the PC. Most of the games that are done on the Wii are purely exclusive. Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, all kinds of games. And don't give bullshit about how a hardcore gamer wouldn't like the Wii. If you were a hardcore gamer, you'd have every console on the market right now, so you could get all the games. You also wouldn't have a console bias. Tell you the truth, I don't think there's anything worth playing on the Xbox 360 anymore, especially with the threat of the Red Ring of DEATH hovering over me.

EDIT: I was kidding when I called you a fanboy, really you're just stating an opinion. In my opinion, unless you have played the hell out of all three consoles on the market right now, you have no right to say which one is the best to you.
I've played the hell out of the PS3 and 360, and all the games worth mentioning on the Wii. Fact is, Galaxy did nothing Super Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine didn't do. It was the exact same thing. Twilight Princess was okay. Brawl is amazing.

Halo 3 does a lot that other console shooters don't do. Saved films, forge, theater. The gameplay was a base for all other console shooters as well. Its sales are well deserved.

And if your 360 RRoDs, Microsoft sends you a new one. For free. With compensation.

Last edited by Trey; 08-23-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I've played the hell out of the PS3 and 360, and all the games worth mentioning on the Wii. Fact is, Galaxy did nothing Super Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine didn't do. It was the exact same thing. Twilight Princess was okay. Brawl is amazing.

Halo 3 does a lot that other console shooters don't do. Saved films, forge, theater. The gameplay wa a base for all other console shooters as well. It's sales are well deserved.

And if your 360 RRoDs, Microsoft sends you a new one. For free. With compensation.
I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and I didn't like it. The Wii-mote didn't give the range of motion I would have needed. Brawl, I admit, was pretty fun, even if I could only do one combo with all the 'OMG WIIZ!' guys in the room.

The RRoD isn't that bad if it's the system and not you over-heating it. We went ours in and got it back within a month with a month of Live. The Elite has less of a chance of getting it, apparently, but maybe that applies only to the overheating.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #25
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

Any game with Mario in the title is fail.

I <3 Zelda.
Zelda is the Wii's fuel.
But Wii fails.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #26
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Ahem.

Need Wii for Brawl, damnit.
Might get Xbox360 now that I know it's way cheaper, now, too, though...
Only reason for a Wii, IMO.

360's just awesome, too bad i got it when it's price still wasn't cut.
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #27
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Quote:

Since I am a Wii owner, and I own all of the games said to be the best ones for the Wii, I believe I am qualified to fully and entirely disagree with you. I am a hardcore gamer (by your definition, I'm almost one, since I'm saving up for a PS3), and the Wii, with the exception of Brawl, has done about jack shit to satisfy me. Twilight Princess admittedly was good, but it did get boring sometimes, and like Miburo mentioned, you can play it on the Gamecube. Galaxy was fun for a bit, but after a while, I was only playing it to beat it, but I got so bored that I stopped. Metroid Prime 3 was just something to do when there was nothing better to do. Against FPS games found on other consoles, especially Halo and Call of Duty, Prime was worthless.
Also, there's tons of fun exclusives to play on the 360. Hell, even getting a PS3 would probably satisfy a gamer (fuck yeah, free online play). But to get neither, and claim the Wii is enough? Abso-fucking-lutely riddiculous. For someone slinging around terms like "sheep" and "360 fanboys", Nintendo seems to have you in their pocket.

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 08-24-2008 at 12:35 AM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
JBoogie
Raw

JBoogie is infamous around these parts

PlayStation 3!
JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #29
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
PlayStation 3!
Oh shit, now I wish I'd bought one... =/

I'm actually pretty annoyed with Microsoft about these price cuts. I have a refitted 360, with a 20gig HDD. They're now shipping 60gig 360's for less than I payed for mine. Now, this wouldn't bother me, if Microsoft didn't make standalone hardrive sales so expensive. For a company that sees the future of data sales and transfer in online downloads, they're certainly not making it a viable option for someone who'd have to buy a new hardrive at an expensive price, then transfer the data from his old one, which takes a long time, and then be lumbered with a spare 20gig hardrive which he can only sell for about tuppence. Especially now that they're plugging film downloads, full Xbox original downloads (IMO, a waste of time and money, unless it's Psychonauts, which is awesome and kinda rare), and now the ability to rip a whole 360 game to the hardrive for reduced load times. How the fuck am I supposed to fit that in my 20gig HDD, which is actually only about 15gig, for reasons I don't fully understand. Fuck you, Microsoft. If I didn't love your console so much, and if the PSN wasn't full of twats, I'd be tempted to go Sony.

Oh, and lol, Wii. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Last edited by Jaxon; 08-24-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #30
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Honestly, saying you played "Every game worth mentioning on the Wii." isn't valid at all. Every game you thought might be good. And what're you talking about Galaxy? It had more levels than Sunshine, a lot of replay value since the thing is just simple, easy fun in general, they added things like the reverse gravity, star bits, spin attack, jumping between planets, and all kinds of other stuff. Sure it was faithful to the original gameplay formula, but if you deviate too much you have a ton of fans bitching and moaning. Three franchises on NES did this: Zelda, Mario, and Castlevania. All three sequels in these cases were extremely underrated, just because they weren't faithful to the original game.
Quote:
Halo 3 does a lot that other console shooters don't do. Saved films, forge, theater. The gameplay was a base for all other console shooters as well. Its sales are well deserved.
I wouldn't say it deserves all the overratedness and hype it gets. The films, forge, and theater are nothing really new. Other FPSs in the past had a map making feature to them, and recording in general is something people usually do on their own. Honestly, the gameplay formula was done better in other places. Think back to Goldeneye 007 or Perfect Dark for the N64. Both vastly superior shooters.
Quote:
That still doesn't change the fact that you spend two weeks or so without a console because they shipped you a faulty system.

@Shinobiknight: Nintendo "has me in their pocket...." Ha! I don't really like the Wii as much as you think. I don't think in any way that it's the best console, or that it's going in a direction I approve of, but its bashing is undeserved. Also, Prime 3 is not an FPS game, it's an adventure game done with first person shooter elements. The vast landscape the game is done in, where you have so many things to actually find, makes it far worth buying. Since you haven't played anything except the major titles that everyone who's picked up a game in the last few years has heard of, really you don't have much room to talk about how the Wii sucks. I also never claimed that the Wii was enough, just that most of the games I want to play this generation other than the ones on the Wii are done better on the PC a lot of times. Granted, you have to spend a bit of money on your PC, but I have.

Also, the Xbox 360 doesn't have that many exclusives I want to play anymore. Halo 3 I'll admit was a decent game, if a bit bland storyline wise, there were a few more back then but I never really had much of a thing for that console. PS3 also has good exclusives: Metal Gear Solid 4, God of... Heavenly Sword, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Haze, and a few others. There are also games that are done also on the PS3, and sometimes they're actually done better.