Huge X360 pricecuts - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #46
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
MGS4!!!!!!
Lol: "Queens, NY".
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #47
Kina
Star-Stuff
 
Kina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You do not matter. None of us do.
Age: 22
Posts: 3,433
Thanks: 752
Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
MGS4!!!!!!
As Rival would say: "Shut up".

The tricks for Halo, I never really paid much attention to. Besides, I'm in it for the fun of the game, not to be ultimate-pwnzor-hax.
__________________


Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.


When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.


Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #48
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man
 
AnticitizenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Carcer City
Posts: 968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
The only way it's that big of an advantage is if someone is ridiculously good. Double shooting (which is quad shooting) requires precise timing. Have you tried it? To pull it off, you have to take your thumb off the right stick to tap X to cancel out the shooting animation. That means you can't aim while doing it (under normal controls that is). It's hard to pull off in the heat of battle, which is why it's considered "ultimate skill", even in Halo 2's metagame.

Hell, I have problems pulling it off, and I've been playing Halo since '02.

BxR is ridiculously easy though, but everyone knows it in some capacity.
I knew people that could pull Quad Shot off in their sleep. Especially with a turbo controller, it's incredibly easy. I don't quite mean that it breaks the gameplay, but it gives a massive advantage to whoever pulls it off, and it shows gaps in the game's coding that's already full of holes as it is. Mashing buttons is not skill.

Quote:
No, you did not take the technical gameplay into consideration. You said that you remember having more fun playing Goldeneye than playing Halo. That's nostalgia. Shit, I remember having more fun playing Halo than any other game, ever. I still think Halo 3 is a better game. That's not even a good analogy because the leap from Goldeneye to Halo is much more significant than the jump from Halo to Halo 3. Point of that matter is: Halo improves on every facet of Goldeneye's gameplay. That fact is undeniable.
That's not true at all. Gameplay is entirely based upon nothing but opinion and no matter how much you talk about technical advancements, that won't change. Also, having fun has nothing to do with nostalgia at all. I had and still have more fun today playing Goldeneye. There's a better storyline there to begin with, better weapons, and more fun level design. That you can't put a technical readout on. If you're saying that Halo is undeniably the better game gameplay wise, you're plainly and simply wrong. Gameplay preference is determined 100% by opinion.
Quote:
Legendary doesn't let you run 'n' gun like everyone is used to. You have to be smart with your grenades (now the most valuable equipment in the game), and take cover. Legendary isn't hard, it's tedious.
It's both. My main point is, there's no innovation with the difficulty. I like it when games' difficulties are different games in themselves instead of just the exact same game with enemies that are harder to kill and that do more damage to you. I don't mean change the levels or anything, but maybe give enemies certain new attacks/weapons, make them faster, or do anything other than what's been seen a millionfold before.
Quote:
Point taken. But to hold it over MS that their system is broken when reports of failures are dwindling and they're compensating you when it does fail is just biased.
It should never have happened to begin with. I should not have to send in my system for two weeks, talk to broken microsoft technical support, and go through all that tedious bullshit including (if I'm not mistaken) losing all of my save data just because their system has shitty design. It's not bias, it's fact. If they wanted to really make up for the red ring, they would have recalled the system and fixed it, or even fixing the issue in the hardware design so that the new ones didn't do it. And before you tell me that failure reports are dwindling, I want proof.
Quote:
It's just as viable, if not more, as any other shooter.
The plot is uninspired, the storyline mode is often too hsort, the
Quote:
Also, I've played Red Steel, and that shit is broken. So bad. The Wiimote is NOT FOR SHOOTERS!
Opinion. If you actually take the time to get used to the controls, the game isn't that bad. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Red Steel, this is just your preferences of a controller to the motion sensitive controls.
Quote:
I've heard of the games you mentioned. I've read reviews of most of them. Even if Red Steel is the way you describe, shooter games on other consoles are still far superior. And the Splinter Cell games I've played so far were extremely fun, so if Manhunt 2 left anything to desire, Splinter Cell almost certainly surpasses it. I don't know if any Splinter Cell titles have been ported to the PC. Resident Evil, like Twilight Princess, can be played on the Gamecube. Can't say anything about the Godfather or Bully, because those aren't my type of game to begin with.
The Resident Evil 4 port for the Wii is superior from a technical standpoint. The graphics are better, it has more precise aiming with the option to use the Wiimote, and it has more content than the Gamecube version. Twilight princess was also improved upon. Also, you're assuming things. Splinter Cell is almost a completely different game from Manhunt, despite them being in the same genre. You don't know until you've played games how you really feel about them. Simply assuming that other consoles have better shooters just isn't good enough. The point is there are more good games on the Wii than most people would lead you to believe.
Quote:
I can see the Metroid formula working on a side-scroller, but on a next-gen title, there's no excuse for the amount of backtracking. As for the weapon, yes, there are upgrades that make it more powerful. But like I said, there's no variation. Maybe your gun now does ice damage and can repair broken fuses, but in a fight, you use it the exact same way you did before. That, combined with the backtracking, makes you feel like you've already done everything after playing through part of the game and visiting the main locations once.
Games are kept interesting through variation, a fact which Assassin's Creed sadly didn't grasp, and one which should have been better heeded in the Prime games.
Backtracking isn't as big a deal as you describe. Also, you can use missiles, super missiles, morph ball bombs, and other kinds of weapons to vary the shooting. The fact that you're just doing things the same way over and over again is of no consequence. You also have to fight bosses certain ways, get around attack patterns, and take upon a whole new strategy to beat certain enemies.
Quote:
Oh shit, did I say exclusives? Didn't mean to. At any rate, you can't always depend on a good game being ported to the PC. There will inevitably be good games that aren't ever ported, or aren't for a long time. Maybe some of those will be games that really interest you. I suggest you get a console, but I don't think you will, despite all Trey and I have said.
I didn't say I wouldn't get a console, it's just that I don't see a reason whatsoever to get an Xbox 360. I'll probably end up getting a PS3 one of these days, when games like Little Big Planet come out. Most games are ported to the PC, and if one or two aren't, I can play them on a friend's console.
__________________
When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin': John Rambo

Last edited by AnticitizenOne; 08-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.
AnticitizenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #49
Dizzykilla
Special Jounin
 
Dizzykilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Racine, Wisconsin
Age: 27
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dizzykilla is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

sounds sweet, hopefuly fable 2 wont hurt my pockets too bad now ha
__________________
1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2
DIZZYKILLA
PAINT PROGRAM
Dizzykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #50
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
As Rival would say: "Shut up".

The tricks for Halo, I never really paid much attention to. Besides, I'm in it for the fun of the game, not to be ultimate-pwnzor-hax.
You dont know me.Wow, since I got an infraction for this post, Ill fix it by adding some other thoughts. Hmmm...Who wants Gears of War 2.
__________________




Last edited by JBoogie; 08-26-2008 at 08:45 PM.
JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #51
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
I knew people that could pull Quad Shot off in their sleep. Especially with a turbo controller, it's incredibly easy. I don't quite mean that it breaks the gameplay, but it gives a massive advantage to whoever pulls it off, and it shows gaps in the game's coding that's already full of holes as it is. Mashing buttons is not skill.
Who the hell mashes buttons in a shooter? Also, a turbo controller is designed to make those things eaier to do. And to pull it off in the middle of battle is hard to do. Just doing it isn't that hard, but still requires tricky timing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO
That's not true at all. Gameplay is entirely based upon nothing but opinion and no matter how much you talk about technical advancements, that won't change. Also, having fun has nothing to do with nostalgia at all. I had and still have more fun today playing Goldeneye. There's a better storyline there to begin with, better weapons, and more fun level design. That you can't put a technical readout on. If you're saying that Halo is undeniably the better game gameplay wise, you're plainly and simply wrong. Gameplay preference is determined 100% by opinion.
So, by your reckoning, the original SNES Ninja Gaiden can be superior to its Xbox360 counterparts. Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO
It's both. My main point is, there's no innovation with the difficulty. I like it when games' difficulties are different games in themselves instead of just the exact same game with enemies that are harder to kill and that do more damage to you. I don't mean change the levels or anything, but maybe give enemies certain new attacks/weapons, make them faster, or do anything other than what's been seen a millionfold before.
Huh? The AI, on higher difficulty, don't only get a power boost. Their awareness is higher, and they start employing positional tactics like flanking and throwing grenades simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO
It should never have happened to begin with. I should not have to send in my system for two weeks, talk to broken microsoft technical support, and go through all that tedious bullshit including (if I'm not mistaken) losing all of my save data just because their system has shitty design. It's not bias, it's fact. If they wanted to really make up for the red ring, they would have recalled the system and fixed it, or even fixing the issue in the hardware design so that the new ones didn't do it. And before you tell me that failure reports are dwindling, I want proof.
I'll just concede this point, 'cause I don't feel like fetching statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO
The plot is uninspired, the storyline mode is often too hsort, the
Uninspired? I happen to like it, but that may be because I read the book. The first Halo's plot was godly to me. Not everyone can be Metal Gear with their plot, god damn. Don't even get me started on Nintendo games where the protagonists don't even talk. Uninspired, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO
Opinion. If you actually take the time to get used to the controls, the game isn't that bad. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Red Steel, this is just your preferences of a controller to the motion sensitive controls.
There's a lot fundementally wrong with it. It is unappealing as a shooter.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #52
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Who the hell mashes buttons in a shooter? Also, a turbo controller is designed to make those things eaier to do. And to pull it off in the middle of battle is hard to do. Just doing it isn't that hard, but still requires tricky timing.




So, by your reckoning, the original SNES Ninja Gaiden can be superior to its Xbox360 counterparts. Yeah...



Huh? The AI, on higher difficulty, don't only get a power boost. Their awareness is higher, and they start employing positional tactics like flanking and throwing grenades simultaneously.



I'll just concede this point, 'cause I don't feel like fetching statistics.



Uninspired? I happen to like it, but that may be because I read the book. The first Halo's plot was godly to me. Not everyone can be Metal Gear with their plot, god damn. Don't even get me started on Nintendo games where the protagonists don't even talk. Uninspired, huh?



There's a lot fundementally wrong with it. It is unappealing as a shooter.
I need a weapon.Haha.
__________________



JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #53
_Itachi_
Genin
 
_Itachi_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Konoha
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
_Itachi_ is on a distinguished road_Itachi_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

The Wii is awsome, and that way u don't turn into a fatass.
__________________
Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.

Proud member of The Three Legandary Sannin Fanclub


Uchiha power
_Itachi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #54
satsuki
~girl from hell~
 
satsuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ~hell~
Posts: 569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
satsuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

they really did some improvement.
__________________
satsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #55
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Itachi_ View Post
The Wii is awsome, and that way u don't turn into a fatass.
I am sorry, but no, it is not.
__________________



JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #56
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man
 
AnticitizenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Carcer City
Posts: 968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Who the hell mashes buttons in a shooter? Also, a turbo controller is designed to make those things eaier to do. And to pull it off in the middle of battle is hard to do. Just doing it isn't that hard, but still requires tricky timing.
The only "trick" to it is hitting the buttons as fast as you can.
Quote:
So, by your reckoning, the original SNES Ninja Gaiden can be superior to its Xbox360 counterparts. Yeah...
Bad example.... The original Ninja Gaiden is on the NES, and it rocks, Ninja Gaiden 2 is on the Xbox 360, and it sucks ass through a straw.
Quote:
Huh? The AI, on higher difficulty, don't only get a power boost. Their awareness is higher, and they start employing positional tactics like flanking and throwing grenades simultaneously.
I've never noticed that, but you've played the game longer so I might as well concede the point.
Quote:
Uninspired? I happen to like it, but that may be because I read the book. The first Halo's plot was godly to me. Not everyone can be Metal Gear with their plot, god damn. Don't even get me started on Nintendo games where the protagonists don't even talk. Uninspired, huh?
Telling a story with a silent protagonist is easy, so long as you have a plot surrouding it that's good. Back when you had games like The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy before it got milked for all it's worth, you couldn't do voice acting. Yet the plots there were still good. Half-Life 2 has a silent protagonist, but it had a good plot. I read the books as well, but this is prior to playing the original Halo game. A friend turned out to have them, so I borrowed them and they're actually written quite well. The plot for the books is much better than the game's plot, but that's to be expected. The only thing is, if you're going to have a silent protagonist, you make... him... silent.... You don't have him spouting lame one liners like "Boo." and "I need a weapon." The premise to halo is just that it's an FPS where you fight aliens in space, and there's a machine that can wipe out all life in the galaxy somehow without killing other things. The whole plot is full of holes, honestly, even though I still think the first one had a decent plot.
Quote:
There's a lot fundementally wrong with it. It is unappealing as a shooter.
To you.
__________________
When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin': John Rambo
AnticitizenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #57
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

AO-Enough with the "lol lyke datz just ur opinion" stuff you pull ALL THE TIME! No shit, of course that's his opinion. You can tell by the virtue of him saying it. Pointing that out doesn't invalidate it though.

Look. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. Just that you're shitting on your own arguments by saying stupid ass shit like that. Opinions can be valid, if you disagree with them then it's more than possible to present arguments against them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #58
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man
 
AnticitizenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Carcer City
Posts: 968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
AO-Enough with the "lol lyke datz just ur opinion" stuff you pull ALL THE TIME! No shit, of course that's his opinion. You can tell by the virtue of him saying it. Pointing that out doesn't invalidate it though.

Look. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. Just that you're shitting on your own arguments by saying stupid ass shit like that. Opinions can be valid, if you disagree with them then it's more than possible to present arguments against them.
Ah... Now you stoop to the level you accuse me of stooping to. Saying that a remark invalidates my argument. Isn't that exactly what I said in the other debate topic, then was ridiculed by a certain moderator for "pussy shit"? At any rate, it's incorrect to say that any game is broken when it clearly is not, just because you didn't like it. What I'm saying is that when he says the game is broken, it's totally based upon opinion and that there are no facts to back it up.

There's a difference in believing the game is bad, and believing that it's broken. A bad game has unenjoyable gameplay, and a broken game has disfunctional aspects such as controls. In a bad game, you'd lose consistently because you weren't given enough information to assess the situation, in a broken game, you'd lose because the game wouldn't respond to your control. The fact of the matter is, the controls in Redsteel work fine, and any gripe you may have with them comes down to personal preference and nothing more.
__________________
When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin': John Rambo

Last edited by AnticitizenOne; 08-27-2008 at 02:23 PM.
AnticitizenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #59
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
The Resident Evil 4 port for the Wii is superior from a technical standpoint. The graphics are better, it has more precise aiming with the option to use the Wiimote, and it has more content than the Gamecube version. Twilight princess was also improved upon. Also, you're assuming things. Splinter Cell is almost a completely different game from Manhunt, despite them being in the same genre. You don't know until you've played games how you really feel about them. Simply assuming that other consoles have better shooters just isn't good enough. The point is there are more good games on the Wii than most people would lead you to believe.
I actually have trouble keeping my arm steady when aiming with the Wii Remote. I usually end up having to hold my breath sniper-style to make the shot precise. With a Gamecube controller, your breathing won't move the reticle and screw up your shot. As for games like Redsteel and Manhunt, for the most part, the gaming community disagrees with your opinions. I tend to agree with them more than individuals who say a game is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
Backtracking isn't as big a deal as you describe. Also, you can use missiles, super missiles, morph ball bombs, and other kinds of weapons to vary the shooting. The fact that you're just doing things the same way over and over again is of no consequence. You also have to fight bosses certain ways, get around attack patterns, and take upon a whole new strategy to beat certain enemies.
...You're kidding, right? Using morph bombs in the middle of a shootout? In ball form, you've got pretty much no way to avoid enemy fire except rolling around wildly and trying to avoid being hit, which doesn't work all that well anyway. And the morph bombs aren't strong enough to merit the effort. The missiles are nice, but there's a limited quantity, and two different ways to shoot someone isn't too much of an improvement over one.
Also, the point of me mentioning backtracking is that it cuts down on the variety, making the game boring. After a while, the game is pretty much things you've done before occasionally broken up by something you haven't. The bosses weren't great, especially in comparison to some other games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
I didn't say I wouldn't get a console, it's just that I don't see a reason whatsoever to get an Xbox 360. I'll probably end up getting a PS3 one of these days, when games like Little Big Planet come out. Most games are ported to the PC, and if one or two aren't, I can play them on a friend's console.
lol. MGS 4, Resistance 1 and 2, Ratchet and Clank, and GTA IV on the PS3, and you mention LittleBigPlanet as the reason you're going to get one? Hey, if you do, PM me your PSN. I guess I can see why you wouldn't want a 360, but I personally disagree. Even if my PC didn't suck for gaming, I'd still get one.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck is this shit about the original NES Ninja Gaiden being better than Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360? The Xbox Ninja Gaiden games shouldn't even be compared to the NES games, because they're so invariably superior in every way. I'm starting to doubt that nostalgia doesn't play a role in AO's opinions.
__________________



Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 08-27-2008 at 02:39 PM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #60
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Huge X360 pricecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
Ah... Now you stoop to the level you accuse me of stooping to. Saying that a remark invalidates my argument. Isn't that exactly what I said in the other debate topic, then was ridiculed by a certain moderator for "pussy shit"? At any rate, it's incorrect to say that any game is broken when it clearly is not, just because you didn't like it. What I'm saying is that when he says the game is broken, it's totally based upon opinion and that there are no facts to back it up.
No, I haven't. Learn to fucking read better, dude. I'm saying that just saying "That's just your opinion, lolololol" or "To you" doesn't qualify as a valid counter-argument, at all. You're not countering any of his points or anything. Now if you're just pointing out the obvious just for the sake of doing it and weren't actually trying to counter his points, then that's pretty stupid, but it's fine. If you were saying that stupid shit to discredit his points, however, then you're producing a flawed counter-argument. Me saying that is nothing like the pussy shit you were pulling in that other thread, at all. Like I said, your stance on the matter isn't totally wrong or anything. I never claimed that your stance is wrong just because you suck fucking hard at debating. Don't be ridiculous. = /
Quote:
There's a difference in believing the game is bad, and believing that it's broken. A bad game has unenjoyable gameplay, and a broken game has disfunctional aspects such as controls. In a bad game, you'd lose consistently because you weren't given enough information to assess the situation, in a broken game, you'd lose because the game wouldn't respond to your control. The fact of the matter is, the controls in Redsteel work fine, and any gripe you may have with them comes down to personal preference and nothing more.
There you go. Was it that hard to actually produce a valid counter-argument?

Yeah, I wouldn't call it broken, but perhaps Trey didn't mean 'broken' in the same way you're using it. It is a pretty bad game though. Sluggish framerate, tons of bugs (I've seen bad guys just floating in air and shit tons of times in that game. They don't effect gameplay much, but it's still really unpolished.), controls are just plain gimmicky crap, the controls could be done a lot better on a standard controller scheme. You'd have to be a total Nintendofag fanboy to disagree. There's a lot wrong with it, it wasn't a great game. That's for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.