9-year-old boy told he’s too good to pitch - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

View Poll Results: What do you believe?
I believe it sucks. 17 85.00%
I believe it doesn't suck. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
Hokage4354
SOTW Host

Hokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of lightHokage4354 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 9-year-old boy told he’s too good to pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
i know thats how sports are played but theyre 9 years old. they arent adults playing real baseball. i mean it is good to win but you play for fun at that age. and noone has fun on both teams when every inning your pitcher strikes kids out. and how can you just tell 10 yo kids to get better, do you expect them to do a training montage and just get better at baseball
Yeah but the kids only on 1 team. =/

If a kid was joining baseball just for fun then this problem wouldn't be
going on right now. Clearly a lot of the kids who are losing wanna win badly.
I mean, a solution would be for them to just understand that they can't win
all the time, or quit. I mean really. If you don't like something, get away from it. Maybe even join another league of something. Join the kid's team that was
kicking ass. Idk, it's just wrong to say "no" to somebody who wants to play because their too good. It's wasted talent. How do you think he feels? People this kid beats have a chance at winning other games, them kicking him off the team doesn't even allow him to play anymore. Kinda harsh douncha think?

~~~~~~~~~~

Join Kongregate today!
Hokage4354 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #17
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
He's 9 in a 8-10 year league. I dunno if they can bump him up to another league or not. Even if he can be bumped though, he shouldn't be forced to. No matter what they shouldn't be punishing him for being too good. That's definitely wrong.
You're right that he shouldn't be forced, but if there is some sort of higher league that's available to him, it'd be rude of him to stay in his current league. I mean, playing in a league you know you can rape instead a league that you're suited for, just because the latter option is more difficult, is a selfish thing to do.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
all im saying is that i takes away from the game if you sit in the field for 9 innings and you dont get anything. im also not sure why this is a big deal. ive played little league and unless my coaches were dying to win a game they wouldnt put the kid that is lights out because they would want to get other kids in the game. and again im not saying dont let him play, im just saying change his position
Why change his position though? What if he just likes pitching? Besides, it's fucking baseball. It's not like the other team never gets to take the field, and the kid never has to bat, or anything like that. So it's not like you "don't get anything" out of it.

And they never said he plays the entire game, every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
You're right that he shouldn't be forced, but if there is some sort of higher league that's available to him, it'd be rude of him to stay in his current league. I mean, playing in a league you know you can rape instead a league that you're suited for, just because the latter option is more difficult, is a selfish thing to do.
It's not really rude. He's nine, he's right there in the middle of the age group. That is where he belongs. I never played baseball, but in wrestling there are kids who can absolutely rape their divisions without breaking a sweat. No one would EVER suggest that they should move up to a higher age group just because they're good. Even saying something like that would get you fucking lol'd at.

The only time anyone gets shit is if they LIE and say they're not as good as they are to get into novice division tournaments. He's not deceiving anyone, so I don't see the big deal.

In the end, it's not hurting anyone. I mean, how many times does a team play the same other team in baseball? Once or twice, right? So worst case scenario is you lose those two games. Big deal.

Also:

Quote:
Jericho’s coach and parents say the boy is being unfairly targeted because he turned down an invitation to join the defending league champion, which is sponsored by an employer of one of the league’s administrators.
Him being good didn't seem like an issue when one of the league's administrators offered him a position on his company's team. In fact, I'm sure they invited him BECAUSE he was really good. Then all of a sudden it becomes an issue after he turns them down? Oh, yeah, I'm sure the league's admins have nothing but the best interest of the players in mind. Definitely no alterer motives thar. = /

What bullshit.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #19
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

That's horrible. He's nine, an impressionable age, he shouldn't be told those kinds of things or he'll end up one of those homeless geniuses. And as Mibs said, it's not winning or losing, it's playing the game.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #20
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Why change his position though? What if he just likes pitching? Besides, it's fucking baseball. It's not like the other team never gets to take the field, and the kid never has to bat, or anything like that. So it's not like you "don't get anything" out of it.

And they never said he plays the entire game, every game.

It's not really rude. He's nine, he's right there in the middle of the age group. That is where he belongs. I never played baseball, but in wrestling there are kids who can absolutely rape their divisions without breaking a sweat. No one would EVER suggest that they should move up to a higher age group just because they're good. Even saying something like that would get you fucking lol'd at.

The only time anyone gets shit is if they LIE and say they're not as good as they are to get into novice division tournaments. He's not deceiving anyone, so I don't see the big deal.

In the end, it's not hurting anyone. I mean, how many times does a team play the same other team in baseball? Once or twice, right? So worst case scenario is you lose those two games. Big deal.

Also:

Him being good didn't seem like an issue when one of the league's administrators offered him a position on his company's team. In fact, I'm sure they invited him BECAUSE he was really good. Then all of a sudden it becomes an issue after he turns them down? Oh, yeah, I'm sure the league's admins have nothing but the best interest of the players in mind. Definitely no alterer motives thar. = /

What bullshit.

well to answer your question im not sure how many teams are in his league. if its a small league you you could play 1 team 4 times, and then you would see them in the playoffs. but in a fairly big league they might play a team 2 times and then theres the playoffs. and it actually is possible for a kid to pitch alot more often in ll because games arent played every day
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #21
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

That sucks. Poor kid feels like shit cause he's too good?
My god the administrators must be real assholes.

If you lose to someone that's better than you just SUCK IT UP. Don't make a big whiney mess of things. =/
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
kimm21
Oni

kimm21 is on a distinguished roadkimm21 is on a distinguished road

sorry your to smart for mensa wtf?
BROOKLYN RAGE!!!
kimm21 is offline   Reply With Quote