Barack Obama mocks the Bible - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone > Random Videos

Random Videos Post YouTube and Google videos here. Do not post anything that will get you banned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #31
Ero
//Sin\\
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,502
Thanks: 97
Thanked 233 Times in 108 Posts
Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVt59...eature=related


It's at the beginning(0:55), yeah it's not edited, its not clipped its not anything. It came straight from him. He obviously has no idea how to take things into context. I listened to most of his speech and it sounded like bullshit to me. He says "i wasn't raised very religious" then says he "submitted himself to His will" then says the Bible is fucked up? (no not literally)

Obama saying he wasn't raised in a very religious household(2:20) and Obama saying he submitted himself (little after 6:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYzDI...eature=related
Just passing by, but wanted to point out that being raised in a nonreligious household and submitting his will are not contradictory, he could have found religion despite his upbringing.

and lol noone else sees the irony of the video?

Granted, its taking out a whole segment of the speech and not editting it, but iits the exact same thing that it's accusing Obama of doing, that is, concentrating on one little facet, underlining it with his/her own agendas and marketting it as 'the truth'.

That said Obama's only arguing for secularism here, he isn't intentionally demeaning Christianity, and his argument is logical, as while the quotes he used are drastic, we should remember that some individuals and even some states took out parts of the bible to support political agendas and horrible hate crimes [i.e. KKK and the Nazis]

He could have as easily referred to the Quran and terrorism, but he used Christianity and the Bible because it's more relevant to the demographic that he was addressing.


continue.. lol

Last edited by Ero; 08-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Ero is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #32
colini
The Cutest Boy Ever
 
colini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nieuwegein, the Netherlands
Age: 26
Posts: 1,231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
colini is on a distinguished roadcolini is on a distinguished road
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Ugh. UGH. I'M RAGING SO FUCKING HARD AT THIS THREAD. OH MY GOD, UGH.

He was explaining the separation of church and state; why that's IMPORTANT. It's FUCKING IMPORTANT because the bible DOES SAY FUCKING RIDICULOUS THINGS. I remember in that speech he also goes on to explain how the whole nation isn't fucking christian, and therefore LAWS FOR THE ENTIRE NATION shouldn't be CHRISTIAN.

He's not MOCKING the bible OR christianity. He's making a point. When you want to make a point, you don't say "here's the negatives, but here are the irrelevant positives!" NO. You can make it seem like he's a prick by ignoring this fact.

TO FUCKING TOP IT OFF. The voice in the video who's narrating the shit sounds like this one youtube conservative evangelical FAGGOT who believes EVOLUTION IS A LIE. GOD.

SUPER RAGE.
Amen!









.
__________________
Je hebt me in de houdgreep,
en ik kom er niet meer uit.
Ik acteer overdag,
ja ik dans en ik lach,
maar niemand weet dat ik 's nachts huil.

http://www.myspace.com/chopbeatz
colini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #33
Kina
Star-Stuff
 
Kina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You do not matter. None of us do.
Age: 22
Posts: 3,433
Thanks: 752
Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

*looks at above posts*
Whatever happened to freedom of religion, a founding principle of this nation?
__________________


Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.


When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.


Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #34
Kites
I Love Donuts
 
Kites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 22
Posts: 1,165
Thanks: 27
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
*looks at above posts*
Whatever happened to freedom of religion, a founding principle of this nation?
It's just NL.. Or the whole internets.
Like 95% (Pulled out of my ass) of people here are atheist for some reason, I guess.

I'm a faithful Christian, though.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #35
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

It's not about being a Christian or not, it's disagreeing with the ridicule of a man who doesn't want to make policies based off the Christian faith. Which is the right decision, no matter how you slice it.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #36
Kites
I Love Donuts
 
Kites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 22
Posts: 1,165
Thanks: 27
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
It's not about being a Christian or not.
I never said it was. And if you wasn't referring that to me, I apologize but if you were then don't come at me wrong.


This whole situation.. I just don't care.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #37
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Posts: 666
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

What the fuck is with this victory dancing shit here, no one said follow this bible to an extreme and take EVERYTHING it has to offer and apply it to our lives. No, like i said these were things accepted hundreds of years ago. The fact he specifically chose those books and those negative things out of those books is the most arrogant and douchebagish thing ive ever seen in my entire life. Yes, the Bible has some things in it that would not be accepted in today's community, but did you see obama say anything about how the Bible has positively influenced our country? Thou shalt not kill? Thou shalt not steal? Those would be in deuteronomy under the ten commandments, did he mention those? No he didn't, all he did was take a cheap shot at how negative the Bible was and why we shouldn't abide by it


he's just a douchebag


@ninja

actually the reason its not all over the news is because, like you said no one cares. Not because they weren't cheap shots, but because it probably would make for a dumb story. "BARACK OBAMA TALKS BAD ABOUT THE BIBLE!" "um okay so... we have a 2 minute clip here we're gonna show you...."

It's not exactly a great story now is it

Last edited by Shikamaru; 08-28-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #38
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
That's IN THE BIBLE, though. He was using some superficial belief in the bible and applying it to the law of the USA, to MAKE A CONTRAST and to show the separation of church and state makes sense. Going by that logic, it doesn't have to be the CHRISTIAN bible, it could be ANY bible. In the speech he also goes on to explain that this nation is not only a christian nation, but a islamic nation, a buddhist nation, a hindu nation, ALL KINDS OF RELIGIONZ. So why can't he address the jewish nation and point out how ridiculous their superstitions are?

I swear. Did you think he made a speech to be like LOL CHRISTIANS ARE STUPID GUYS. VOTE FOR ME 2008.
No arguments here. Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N48
Tell me. What do the things Obama are referring to mean when IN context? It doesn't even matter because it sounds like you're against Obama suggesting christians believe the things he said were in the bible. Well, from my understanding, there are parts of the bible that are irrelevant to a christians particular worship. So he's not suggesting "ALL CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN THIS." For example, there are gay christians. It says RIGHT THERE "man should not lay with man as if another woman" or some shit, but gay christians just omit that part in their interpretation. That's why not all christians support slavery (though, maybe back in the day, SOME people FOR slavery might have quoted the bible on that), or why christians don't stone their children, or whatever random odd thing that might be in the bible.


Rage, calming...
I'm not sure whether you didn't read my explanation, or didn't agree with it and so substituted your own. But in the experience I've had with Christians and Christianity, they don't omit Scriptures they don't feel like living out. They take it all. From my own understanding of Christianity, which is most likely much more educated than your own, the only Scriptures that do not apply are Old Testament laws which Jesus overruled in his teachings (such as not eating certain animals, or stoning children). It's not just because they skip over things they're not comforable with following and obey the rest. However, I don't doubt that that is what many "Christians" do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero View Post
Just passing by, but wanted to point out that being raised in a nonreligious household and submitting his will are not contradictory, he could have found religion despite his upbringing.

and lol noone else sees the irony of the video?

Granted, its taking out a whole segment of the speech and not editting it, but iits the exact same thing that it's accusing Obama of doing, that is, concentrating on one little facet, underlining it with his/her own agendas and marketting it as 'the truth'.

That said Obama's only arguing for secularism here, he isn't intentionally demeaning Christianity, and his argument is logical, as while the quotes he used are drastic, we should remember that some individuals and even some states took out parts of the bible to support political agendas and horrible hate crimes [i.e. KKK and the Nazis]

He could have as easily referred to the Quran and terrorism, but he used Christianity and the Bible because it's more relevant to the demographic that he was addressing.


continue.. lol
+rep and thanks. This was a much-needed post.

I do disagree with the part about using the Bible to support hate crimes. If you're willing to get creative, you could twist pretty much any religious text to endorse whatever you're doing. We had this discussion in another thread.

However, the rest was absolutely true. I apologize for misunderstanding. I still think Obama's a fucking idiot, but that's another discussion altogether.
__________________


ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #39
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

^I consider myself at least in part Christian, but I just ignore whole entire parts of the Bible. Dude loses his power 'cause someone cut off his hair? Lolol
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:46 AM   #40
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Posts: 666
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

That was Samson and he was a zealot. Zealots dont cut their hair from birth. It's a religious thing, but since he had his hair cut, (i think against his will due to jezebel((??))) he was no longer a zealot of the christian faith so he lost his God like power.


but yeh its an entertaining story
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #41
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^I consider myself at least in part Christian, but I just ignore whole entire parts of the Bible. Dude loses his power 'cause someone cut off his hair? Lolol
Then excuse me if this sounds offensive, but what part of you is Christian?
__________________


ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #42
OG
[잊지 말아요]
 
OG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 7,623
Thanks: 2,238
Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
@ninja

actually the reason its not all over the news is because, like you said no one cares. Not because they weren't cheap shots, but because it probably would make for a dumb story. "BARACK OBAMA TALKS BAD ABOUT THE BIBLE!" "um okay so... we have a 2 minute clip here we're gonna show you...."

It's not exactly a great story now is it
o rly?

what about the time where so many people thought he was a muslim and how he had to justify his faith so many times? [ah yes his faith MATTERed then]

those that oppose obama could have easily used this to make him to look like how you see him now <.<

//and yea because he is a candidate for presidency, every little thing he does...will cause some sort of uproar. some of it will gain national recognition, while others will only be evident to those that simply seek more information on him, usually to hate on him or to support him.
__________________

Last edited by OG; 08-30-2008 at 09:59 AM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #43
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Posts: 666
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

what about it? Those were stories that could potentially destroy his image. This clip, although it could help support doing that, is a little late to tack on isn't it?

Besides all im saying he was mocking the Bible like a douchebag when it really wasn't even neccessary.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #44
RNB
El Topo
 
RNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 21
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

Thread Conclusion: Barack Obama is a fucking fagot sell-out just like McCain and they are both out to take away our freedoms for their good. Anyone who thinks Obama or McCain is a good candidate is a 100% ignorant fuck. A retard could make the connection that Barack was just the democratic parties ploy to get SOMEONE in the White House. McCain is just part of the new republican scum who don't care about freedom and just want to cater to evangelicals.
__________________
"Nature loves to be hidden."

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #45
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Barack Obama mocks the Bible

I like Obama.
I like the Bible.

OH SHI-

No, it works. 8]
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.