Vegetables: WTF?! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Shad0w_Hunter
Hunter-Nin

Shad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enough
Vegetables: WTF?!

Aren't vegetables supposed NOT have seeds? But don't the majority of vegetables HAVE seeds?

With seeds: (that i can think of)
Cucumbers
Squashes
Pumpkins
Gourds
Tomatos
Peppers
Beans

Without: (That i can think of)
Carrots
Celery
Broccoli
Colliflower
Onions

Ones that don't count:
Potato - It's not a vegetable, shut up.

All the ones with seeds are fruit as far as i'm concerned. They use their fruiting bodies as a method of storing and providing protection for their seeds until they are ready to be plantified.

Now, i'm not a fruitologist or vegimatologist, but i'm pretty sure that seeds = fruit. Hell, i looked it up and the tomato was biologically declared a fruit, but it's LEGALLY a vegetable. WTF?! The government lies to us some more, way to go america.

My Fanfictions:

My groups:

Co-owner:
Hatake Kakashi FC
Hyuuga Hinata FC
Shad0w_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Vegetables: WTF?!

wiki...........

Many foods are botanically fruit, but are treated as vegetables in cooking and food preparation. These include cucurbits (e.g., squash, pumpkin, and cucumber), tomato, peas, beans, corn, eggplant, and sweet pepper, spices, such as allspice and chillies. Occasionally, though rarely, a culinary "fruit" is not a true fruit in the botanical sense. For example, rhubarb is often referred to as a fruit, because it is used to make sweet desserts such as pies, though only the petiole of the rhubarb plant is edible. In the culinary sense, a fruit is usually any sweet tasting plant product associated with seed(s), a vegetable is any savory or less sweet plant product, and a nut any hard, oily, and shelled plant product.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Vegetables: WTF?!

Who gives a shit?
O.o
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote