terra just turned into an esper - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #31
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Fuck that shit, FF9 is the shit. 4 DISKS MOFOS!!
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #32
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
They didnt until they ported them to portable Nintendo/Sony systems, in terms of sales or gameplay. No one cared about them. FFVII made the biggest impact out of any FF in America, commercially and critically.
Commercially, yes. Critically can be argued. In fact, it has been argued. IV introduced many of the series' trademark gameplay elements. What did VII do?
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #33
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: terra just turned into an esper

It popularized JRPGs in America and popularized the series, as well as made the jump to 3D. Without it I doubt you would be able to play it on a modern system. In fact, you might thave not even had heard about it if VII did not come out.
__________________



JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #34
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Exactly what Trey said, commercially anything can do good from games to music, the true gamers will be able to tell where the source of the games growth in the gaming industry came from.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #35
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
It popularized JRPGs in America and popularized the series, as well as made the jump to 3D. Without it I doubt you would be able to play it on a modern system. In fact, you might thave not even had heard about it if VII did not come out.
Check this out though: we're talking critically. That shit tat you just said is commercial, cuzzint. Does the fact that it sold more means it's automatically a better game? No. Does VII do anything that IV didn't do? No.

Okay then.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #36
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Look at Halo 3 it mades tons of sales including limited edition Halo helmets and 360's and shit. But Halo 2 was where the real gaming was at. It's past editions which boost sales of future parts of the game, but it's never as good as the original.
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #37
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Check this out though: we're talking critically. That shit tat you just said is commercial, cuzzint. Does the fact that it sold more means it's automatically a better game? No. Does VII do anything that IV didn't do? No.

Okay then.
But like you said, thats the beauty of an opinion. And it made the leap into 3D, and it arguably has a better story and battle system, characters, and it had the death of Aerith. Thats probably the most well known death in gaming. All critical.

And Halo 3 is better than Halo 2.
__________________



JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #38
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
But like you said, thats the beauty of an opinion. And it made the leap into 3D, and it arguably has a better story and battle system, characters, and it had the death of Aerith. Thats probably the most well known death in gaming. All critical.

And Halo 3 is better than Halo 2.
OMG if you're that blinded by commercial influence, I ain't even gonna bother carrying on this conversation. That comment there was just an insult to gamers, even Sony fans would slap you in the face for making such an ignorant remark.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #39
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Ummm, no. Halo 3 is better than Halo 2.
__________________



JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #40
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas
 
Ninja48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 305
Posts: 2,466
Thanks: 179
Thanked 636 Times in 249 Posts
Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: terra just turned into an esper

J, the "beauty" of your opinion is wrong. Trey stated that the beauty of his opinion lies in his freedom to have his own while millions disagree (I assume). Your opinion is that the game is good because everyone liked it. That, is a logical fallacy. So, your opinion is not beautiful. A game isn't good because everyone likes it.
__________________
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #41
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
But like you said, thats the beauty of an opinion. And it made the leap into 3D, and it arguably has a better story and battle system, characters, and it had the death of Aerith. Thats probably the most well known death in gaming. All critical.
The story and characters all come down to preference, and a "well-known" death is not something you put on the back of the game case.

The battle system is EXACTLY THE SAME. If you had played them both, you'd know that. And the few minutes you "played" IV doesn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoogie
And Halo 3 is better than Halo 2.
MGS1 > MGS2. What's your point? That sequels are automatically better? Haha, I'd think a Matrix fan of your caliber would know better.

Last edited by Trey; 09-29-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #42
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Halo 3 is not better than Halo 2 and FF9 imo is the best one of the series.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #43
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkid View Post
Halo 3 is not better than Halo 2 and FF9 imo is the best one of the series.
I disagree.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #44
JBoogie
Raw
 
JBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Age: 22
Posts: 174
Thanks: 184
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
JBoogie is infamous around these parts
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
J, the "beauty" of your opinion is wrong. Trey stated that the beauty of his opinion lies in his freedom to have his own while millions disagree (I assume). Your opinion is that the game is good because everyone liked it. That, is a logical fallacy. So, your opinion is not beautiful. A game isn't good because everyone likes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
The story and characters all come down to preference, and a "well-known" death is not something you put on the back of the game case.

The battle system is EXACTLY THE SAME. If you had played them both, you'd know that. And the few minutes you "played" IV doesn't count.



MGS1 > MGS2. What's your point? That sequels are automatically better? Haha, I'd think a Matrix fan of your caliber would know better.
I dont like the game because its more popular. I dont like it better because its a sequel, but because its my preference. I like it because its my opinion, just like Trey likes IV, its his opinion. Therefore Trey's MGS and Matrix comments are useless. But since you are all on Treys nuts like a greedy squirell, Im done.

The story and characters are preference, just like your preference of IV's is. So Im stating mine in the same way that you are. Regardless of the fact that it can go on the back of the case, it still counts. Thats like not counting plot twists in everything because it cant be put on the back of the case.And going by your logic of a demo, if you can say that a game is good based off of the sample that a demo offers, then I can too. And dont lie, you have done that (Musashi).

But whatever, I will never enter this thread again. Bye.
__________________



JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #45
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: terra just turned into an esper

Difference in opinion. Trey I would've thought someone with your knowledge and experience in playing both titles would know which one had better gameplay.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.