is sage mode really sooo great??? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
freedom07
SASUKE'S TRUE #1 FAN!!

freedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura about
is sage mode really sooo great???

everyone seems to think sage mode will make naruto a lot stronger and it probably will.
but isnt sage mode kinda similar to sumit else naruto has...the kyubii?

what can sage mode actually do?
1. enhance speed strength and jutsus
2. be one with narutre ..use natures power
3.use sage techniques

ok they seem pretty good
but! when jiraiya used sage mode what did he do?
1.massive speedy kick to peins face
2. big katon jutsu with the frogs
3 ultimate rasengan
4.needle barrage
5. frog song one hit kill(wasnt actually jiraiya who used it)
6.shadow clone
7.weird force field that killed animal pein

all of those apart from 5 and 7 are normal jutsus we've seen soo he didnt actually use ANY sage/frog jutsus so im thinking sage techniques just mean improving your own techinques

now isnt this very similar to demon cloak, as naruto gain more tails he becomes faster stronger and his jutsus increase in power e.g. the final rasengan he used in valley of the end. in fact as naruto gain more and more tails he would probably be stronger than sage mode. plus in both situations naruto doesnt use his own chakra also naruto doesnt get hurt in both situations coz sage mode seems to not feel as much pain and demon cloak heals him

the difference is basically demon cloak carries more risk.. i guess since naruto decided not to use demon cloak anymore since he hurt sakura that time kishi decided to give him sumit similar.

but the thing is sage mode (from what we've seen so far) isnt too impressive..
naruto needs to keep balance so basically he needs the frog on his shoulder..so if anyone found out this was the case they will aim for the frogs.

also for those of u who think sage mode is unlimited chakra...remember he needs to keep all 3 energy in perfect balance
he will need to use chakra for rasengan and other stuff he cannot just use it with natural energy...this is really proved but ithink its right ..imagine he uses rasenshuriken in sage mode u reckon he uses pure nature energy .. of course not its not wind natured it probably doesnt have an affinity.

so what does this mean?
as naruto uses chakra to use jutsu his chakra decreases so to keep the balance and stay in sage mode he needs to lower the intake of natural energy..see where im getting with this? he cannot use unlimited natural energy coz he cannot stay in sage forever unless he doesnt use any chakra at all.

also if he gets hurt and kyubii decides to take over that would fuck up the balance
freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
gravu
Chuunin

gravu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: is sage mode really sooo great???

No is not the same because kiubi is a demon inside a human shell and sage tehniques are something beyond shinobi culture , and only the elite ninja's have the chanse to learn them.
gravu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Shikaratsu
Genin

Shikaratsu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom07 View Post
everyone seems to think sage mode will make naruto a lot stronger and it probably will.
but isnt sage mode kinda similar to sumit else naruto has...the kyubii?

what can sage mode actually do?
1. enhance speed strength and jutsus
2. be one with narutre ..use natures power
3.use sage techniques

ok they seem pretty good
but! when jiraiya used sage mode what did he do?
1.massive speedy kick to peins face
2. big katon jutsu with the frogs
3 ultimate rasengan
4.needle barrage
5. frog song one hit kill(wasnt actually jiraiya who used it)
6.shadow clone
7.weird force field that killed animal pein

all of those apart from 5 and 7 are normal jutsus we've seen soo he didnt actually use ANY sage/frog jutsus so im thinking sage techniques just mean improving your own techinques

now isnt this very similar to demon cloak, as naruto gain more tails he becomes faster stronger and his jutsus increase in power e.g. the final rasengan he used in valley of the end. in fact as naruto gain more and more tails he would probably be stronger than sage mode. plus in both situations naruto doesnt use his own chakra also naruto doesnt get hurt in both situations coz sage mode seems to not feel as much pain and demon cloak heals him

the difference is basically demon cloak carries more risk.. i guess since naruto decided not to use demon cloak anymore since he hurt sakura that time kishi decided to give him sumit similar.

but the thing is sage mode (from what we've seen so far) isnt too impressive..
naruto needs to keep balance so basically he needs the frog on his shoulder..so if anyone found out this was the case they will aim for the frogs.

also for those of u who think sage mode is unlimited chakra...remember he needs to keep all 3 energy in perfect balance
he will need to use chakra for rasengan and other stuff he cannot just use it with natural energy...this is really proved but ithink its right ..imagine he uses rasenshuriken in sage mode u reckon he uses pure nature energy .. of course not its not wind natured it probably doesnt have an affinity.

so what does this mean?
as naruto uses chakra to use jutsu his chakra decreases so to keep the balance and stay in sage mode he needs to lower the intake of natural energy..see where im getting with this? he cannot use unlimited natural energy coz he cannot stay in sage forever unless he doesnt use any chakra at all.

also if he gets hurt and kyubii decides to take over that would fuck up the balance
Sorry, pal but you've lost the view of the Kyubii by a mile. The Kyubii was a freakin' figure of destruction. He did not make Naruto like this. He was this. Only on a much greater scale. He took Naruto sometimes without warning and unless Naruto was totally calmed (usually after a battle) he was still taken over by the kyubii.

Differently, this sage mode gives Naruto a chance to learn a new skill, or a new way of the ninja that Jiraiya took on. Is Jiraiya anything like the kyubii other than the fact that he saw the fourth seal him? These are nature arts.

Huge difference between the two.
Shikaratsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
DaWildchild
Nemesis Enforcer

DaWildchild is on a distinguished road

Well unless Naruto can figure out a way to divert the enemy long enough for him to go into Sage mode or if he can develop a way to gain the energy fast then it can benefit him. Sure he can summon the frogs to speed up the process but the frogs could be more of a hindrance than help, especially the way they bicker. I think its funny how creative all the other ninja are as far as developing jutsu's but Naruto seems to be the most unimaginative person in the manga next to Iruka. I think Iruka's lameness is what truly hindered Naruto. Sage mode? Only ass-kicking if he can get enough time to do it and in a battle he won't have enough time to be dodging jutsu's and gathering energy.
DaWildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
Naruto2008
Special Jounin

Naruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really nice

Sage mode wasn't meant to be used in ever single battle or anything like that. It is for when all else fails and you need something to fall back on, Sage mode is there. And for that purpose it is very good. Also what we've seen Jman do in sage mode and what we will see Naruto do will be very different. I'm assuming that Naruto has mastered Sage mode better than Jman did already. And soon enough he will have fully mastered it and be able to use it to its fullest potential.

Bitch I'm tha bomb like tick, tick!
Naruto2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
DemonRage
Chuunin

DemonRage is on a distinguished road

Maybe Naruto can use Kage Bunshins to gather energy and when they disappear his energy will be restored. It's just like that training when he tried to cut Yamato's artificial waterfall: the exhaustion really kicked in when all his clones disappeared.

Last edited by DemonRage; 10-11-2008 at 01:25 PM.
DemonRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
Jackoff Joe
Missing-Nin

Jackoff Joe is an unknown quantity at this point

No, because unlike the Kyuubi, which hurts him and causes all kinds of great drama, Sage mode doesn't have enough side effects to make the plot more interesting. It's just a boring powerup.
Jackoff Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
freedom07
SASUKE'S TRUE #1 FAN!!

freedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura about

joe i did mention that difference but i mean the powerup he gets is pretty similar to the powerup of kyubii
freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
kaizo
Genin

kaizo is on a distinguished road

We are talking about Naruto having Sage mode. From what Pa Frog said about one being still while the other fights to me says that a Shadow Clone could collect the Nature Chakra while Naruto is fighting or Vice Versa.

We saw when Naruto and Pa were training that there was only Naruto and 1 Clone.

Maybe hes already using his clones like that.

I think that ever since Kakashi told him that his Clones help him learn, that Naruto is actually being Smarter... Taking in more information from his clones than he ever has.
kaizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #10
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizo View Post
We are talking about Naruto having Sage mode. From what Pa Frog said about one being still while the other fights to me says that a Shadow Clone could collect the Nature Chakra while Naruto is fighting or Vice Versa.

We saw when Naruto and Pa were training that there was only Naruto and 1 Clone.

Maybe hes already using his clones like that.

I think that ever since Kakashi told him that his Clones help him learn, that Naruto is actually being Smarter... Taking in more information from his clones than he ever has.
I dont think that will work becuase they have to be in contact "pa on narutos shoulder". Which means if an enemy knows this all he would have to do is knock pa off and naruto is back to normal. I hope theres more to it than that.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

I'm not entirely sure of how much use it will be in battle from what we've seen from Jiraiya's form, but that may be of his lack of mastery. We'll see how it can come to play in real-time.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
kaizo
Genin

kaizo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
I'm not entirely sure of how much use it will be in battle from what we've seen from Jiraiya's form, but that may be of his lack of mastery. We'll see how it can come to play in real-time.
J-mans form was Impressive. He took out 3 of the bodies...

Im sure if he had known there were atleast 6 bodies the fight wouldve turned out different.
kaizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
Naruto2008
Special Jounin

Naruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really nice

Quote:

Im sure if he had known there were atleast 6 bodies the fight wouldve turned out different.
And Naruto's is even better than his, so I can't wait to see what will happen. Plus Naruto already knows that the real one isn't there.

Bitch I'm tha bomb like tick, tick!
Naruto2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #14
laze
Missing-Nin

laze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

ur right pain said he'd lose.

naruto's is more impressive since he mastered it more but jiraiya had way more jutsu and way more skill and brains then naruto so we will see. but plain and clear jiraiya hermit mode would wipe the floors with naruto hermit mode hell jiraiya base would wipe the floors with him lol.
laze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #15
Jackoff Joe
Missing-Nin

Jackoff Joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom07 View Post
joe i did mention that difference but i mean the powerup he gets is pretty similar to the powerup of kyubii
But still, lack of drawbacks means lack of drama, lack of drama means boring plot.
Jackoff Joe is offline   Reply With Quote