2012 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Yondaime28
Academy Student

Yondaime28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 2012

I'm getting tired of hearing this all the fricking time: The World will end in 2012! God is angry with us and we need to be punished!

Let me be the first to say if God wanted to punish us, why wait until 2012? He could do it right now as I type this and he could do it as we sleep or do some personal things. He could do it tomorrow. There is no idea when or where he'll do it.No one never said anything about him hitting the entire world. He do do America, Asia, India or wherever he wanted to.

I also like Hinata!
The Following User Says Thank You to Yondaime28 For This Useful Post:
narutojm (11-23-2009)

Old 10-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
LonelyNinja

Re: 2012

December 21st, 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans were better astrologers and all sorts of other mumbo-jumbo than the rest of the world at the time of their existence. They made quite a few predictions (pretty vague, but not Nostradamus vague) that came true. In the past they had calendars that went through several cycles and it was a more accurate calendar than ours. Now, their calendar ends on December 21st, 2012. People (anthropologists, historians, etc.) wonder why their calendar ends then, of all dates. They also have found a lot of Mayan hieroglyphs that relate to the return of their god, Quetzalcoatl. So, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHRISTIAN ARMAGEDDON. You can't relate the two.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
KatrinaKatt
▫◊▫ Uchiha Kitty ▫◊▫

KatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime28 View Post
Let me be the first to say if God wanted to punish us, why wait until 2012? He could do it right now as I type this and he could do it as we sleep or do some personal things. He could do it tomorrow. There is no idea when or where he'll do it.No one never said anything about him hitting the entire world. He do do America, Asia, India or wherever he wanted to.
I agree that this myth does stem from the Mayan Calander.

However, on a more philosophical note: God, or any time of supreme omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent being is beyond time. He would know your entire life as He gave it to you from Birth.

Let's say God was angry at us for our arrogance, intolerant hatred toward our own-- or, for many such things.

Moreover, if God was angry at us, the time in which he "ends us" doesn't matter to him-- just that it happens. For instance, he could have decided 50 years ago (in our understanding of Time) that we can never Repent for our sins and set a large Comet on a collision course with Earth. As unfortunate as that may be, it could take 5, 10, 25, 100, or 1000 years before it hits us. To God, it would not and should not matter. For all we know, 2012 could be the year it hits ^.^

-----

I try not to preach religion, but knowing best of only Christian faith to a minor degree myself: Death is suppose to be beautiful. One should not fear death (not in the suicidal maniac type of way).

Be it either to believe in a God or not, the fact of the matter is: Humans are inherently stupid ^.^ and Paranoid. People will draw lines to things and make conclusions that aren't true. Heck, I may have done several just typing this up!

Clearly, there are hundreds if not thousands of theories, predictions, "premonitions" of how the world ends. Most of them are different; and many of them are inspired by other theories, predictions, or "premonitions" that their Author heard of.

I personally just ignore them. You cannot, and should not live a life of fear in that sense. When your time comes, it's come. This is my opinion, but I believe everything happens for a reason.

Uchiha Kitty ^.^
WARNING: Looking into her eyes MAY forcefully cause you to add to her Reputation
(And, receive some back as a result!... Make sure to leave your name!)

Mission: Deliver this Top Secret Scroll
Do not open!

Bzzzzzt!

As you open the scroll you realize it's a trap! A bright light flashes, and you feel the uncontrollable urge to pass Reputation to KatrinaKatt.

Hours later, after the scroll's power wears off on you, you realize what had happened. "Darn it!! That Uchiha Kitty got me again!"

Curiosity killed the Cat, after all.

Last edited by KatrinaKatt; 10-18-2008 at 06:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KatrinaKatt For This Useful Post:
-sasuke (06-24-2010)
Old 10-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Yondaime28
Academy Student

Yondaime28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
December 21st, 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans were better astrologers and all sorts of other mumbo-jumbo than the rest of the world at the time of their existence. They made quite a few predictions (pretty vague, but not Nostradamus vague) that came true. In the past they had calendars that went through several cycles and it was a more accurate calendar than ours. Now, their calendar ends on December 21st, 2012. People (anthropologists, historians, etc.) wonder why their calendar ends then, of all dates. They also have found a lot of Mayan hieroglyphs that relate to the return of their god, Quetzalcoatl. So, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHRISTIAN ARMAGEDDON. You can't relate the two.
Thank you for straightening out the christian part but help me understand the whole point of the Mayan calendar ending. Just because they were better astrologers than others back then and their calendar ends at 2012 doesn't mean it will happen. Yeah maybe some things they prophesied about actually happened but it might have happen because someone or something triggered it to happen.

I also like Hinata!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

It's just a superstition. There really isn't anything to suggest that the world will end, just that the Mayan god will return.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:45 AM   #6
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime28 View Post
Thank you for straightening out the christian part but help me understand the whole point of the Mayan calendar ending. Just because they were better astrologers than others back then and their calendar ends at 2012 doesn't mean it will happen. Yeah maybe some things they prophesied about actually happened but it might have happen because someone or something triggered it to happen.
The Mayan calendar accurately dated back before their own time. It had four cycles, and each one ended on the winter solstice (December 21st). Now, obviously it didn't end, and their calendar extended on for a long time after their downfall. So, they knew their way around telling time, and they based if off astrology. Throughout time they made predictions that the Earth will be over the center of the galaxy along other astrological lines on December 21st, 2012. This has been recreated in a sense by modern astrologers and the like. Their prophecies were more than "people be dying, yo." They prophesied events in a way that it was hard to misunderstand the meaning (loosely paraphrased, they predicted a civil rights movement would occur around specific dates; these dates ended up being the American Civil Rights movement). So, they have some credibility, especially among certain historians.

Another thing about the calendars ending; in Mayan mythology, their gods came down at the end of the cycles and wiped out the people. The gods repopulated everyone and everything, hence the next cycle. But this calendar is going to end and there isn't a cycle afterwards. Nostradamus also made a prediction regarding the end of the world, and his prediction coincides with the Mayan calendar ending. Nostradamus goes into more detail, and it involves astrology, just like the Mayans. It's only theorized that the Mayan calendar ending means the end of the world while Nostradamus's prophecy is outright Armageddon. So, when you have two identical prophecies of almost the same thing but from across a whole ocean and culture and whatnot, people can make relatively educated guesses that shit might possibly go down.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #7
slayer91
Hunter-Nin

slayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to behold

well if anyone actually believes that then they desire to be shot in the face....and actually person who made this thread u shouldnt even try and waste our time because no one believes that the world will end in 2012...and if you do u are a fucking idiot that disirves to die
I am what I am
Old 10-20-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about

Slayer...oh stfu

God is angry at us!!!!!!! SHIT!!!!!! Again? That dude should rly take a damn chill pill. He's been angry at us for almost every year since the beginning of the 21th century. Woah...some mad guy.

U got my answer. This is just crap.

You see, for some reason people started spreading this armagedon theorys ever since the beginning of the 21th century.

Were there armagedon theorys in...1998....1992....1980....NO!!!

We're just dumb and want do die.

Let me tell you...everything is ok with the sun. Earth is in more-less good condition(IT WILL LIVE ANOTHER CENTURY ) and there is no freaking coment heading towards us.

NO...we ain't gonna die in 2012.

Fuck maya's calendar. Those dude's must have been thinging: ''Well...wtf...we'll be dead by that time anways...stop the calendar here. There is no point in making it.''

Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLG View Post
Fuck maya's calendar. Those dude's must have been thinging: ''Well...wtf...we'll be dead by that time anways...stop the calendar here. There is no point in making it.''
That's a theory that's out there, too. Thing is, prior evidence of Mayan lifestyle and existence weighs against it, so that's why it isn't as credible to anthropologists as it probably should be. Also, I'm not sure any civilization in mankind's history has had the foresight of "We won't be around then, lol."

Old 10-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #10
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough

The christian rapture or 'end of the physical world' will not come until no one expects it.

basicaly what it comes down to is it wont come if someone expects it to come, I.E Dec. 21, 2012 is not the end of the world because its much to expected.

but then again reverse psychology would suggest that since we all think its coming in 2012 and if you believe what it says biblically then you actually, in theory, wouldnt be expecting it to come because subconciously you know that it wont come since you are expecting it.

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Old 10-21-2008, 02:28 AM   #11
Toad Sage
Missing-Nin

Toad Sage is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly i do not believe this crap end of the world ..... ha.. this isn't mayan time or anyone elses these kids been dead for centuries, nor do i believe their accuracy in telling anything no proof exists to such things..
Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #12
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

who knows he may he may not do we know if god even exists? on that note....but no matter what it is we would he some warning on when the world would end wether it be in 2012 or 2039 doesn't matter as long as we have a warning on the matter then i'm fine and dandy.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

there is a movie
oming out with this name
2012 =/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balmung5000 For This Useful Post:
hackerumas (09-24-2009), Tmoore (03-04-2012)
Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
ThyMaiden
I like it dirty 24/7

Location: At the gates of Midian... yes thats in greenland... lol
ThyMaiden is an unknown quantity at this point

i also belive Merlin
the actual person
also predicted the ending of the world on that date
also did other witches, alchemists, and physics back then.
even before the discovery of the new world
Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #15
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

"I predict that tomorrow George Washington will come back to life, and he will fly on a hoverbike to Washington D.C. and kick George Bush's ass."

"That is impossible. hoverbikes don't even exist right now."

"You are wrong. I have commercials on TV channels, which proves I am a valid psychic. George Washington will ride on a hoverbike."

"Wait, how will George Washington rise from the dead?"

"Trumpets will sound all over the earth and the Big Ben will suddenly collapse, along with the parliament building."

"Seriously, there is no way this will happen. The Big Ben is extremely strong."

"Yes, but this earthquake will be OVAR 9000 on the Richter scale. Obviously this will not be a natural cause."

"I sort of agree with you when you talk about all of this, but I don't think it will be George Washington who rises from the dead, it will be Benedict Arnold!"

Finally RNB comes to save the day:

Seriously, this thread is by far one of the most retarded things I have ever heard of. What evidence is there at all that the Mayans calendar is correct? None. Even if there are hints that they predicted a couple of movements, that does not prove that the other 99% of the claims of the calendar are true. Why would you even have to debate about the calendar when you could just mention that there is no hard evidence that the world will end anytime soon?

Quote:
i also belive Merlin
the actual person
also predicted the ending of the world on that date
also did other witches, alchemists, and physics back then.
even before the discovery of the new world
Merlyn isn't a real person. He is from the legends of Arthur.

- Heraclitus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
hackerumas (09-24-2009), Scientia (10-21-2009)
Closed Thread