A Women Who Took Justice Into Her Own Hands - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Justice was served. 22 55.00%
Maybe that was too much... 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #31
naruto0510
Genin

naruto0510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A Women Who Took Justice Into Her Own Hands

I think justice was indeed served. I think she held the aputated head because she wanted to show because that since she is a woman, she had the right to think and defend herself.
naruto0510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #32
Miburo

Slicing off someone's head can be considered reasonable if there is sufficient reason to believe that you are in a situation of extreme danger. Being raped usually qualifies as such. So if she just took one slice at his head and killed him as he was attempting to reap her, it should be considered self-defense. Assuming india self-defense laws aren't retarded, of course.

I mean, I could be chilling on a bench with a rocket launcher and if someone came up to me with a fork, said "I'm gonna kill you," and charged at me I could explode the mother fucker with a rocket and it'd be all cool (assuming I'm allowed to have a rocket launcher...). I don't have to go easy on a dude or feel bad about it. He was trying to kill me and I used what I had to stop him. Infact, not using the rocket launcher when I had the chance to could be used against me in court, since a reasonable person would use the surest means available to stop an attacker if he seriously considered the attack to be life threatening.

That's why you don't attack people with mother fuckin' sickles.

Parading around with a severed head is pretty fucked up though. But that could easily be justified by mental trauma that results from engaging in bloody battle against a god damn rapist after he attempted to sneak attack reap her.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #33
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

The thing is, Miburo, beheading someone isn't easy. You have to get through a fair bit of flesh as well as the spine, and even if the person was standing still, it would still take quite a bit of strength to cut their head clean off. In this situation, there's almost no way she could have decapitated her attacker unless she was explicitly trying to decapitate him. If someone attacked me and I had a blade, I would either go for the throat or try to injure the attacker badly enough to make him back off. That's reasonable. She decided that wasn't enough and cut the dude's head off, then went parading around the market with it. That's savage.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #34
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

put in extreme circumstances people
sometimes act inhumane(if thats even a word)
this could be justified due to the trama
she had been given form the man
not only stalking her but attempting to rape her
her actions were justified
and her after actions were heroic
the charges are bullshit

justice was severed
lulz
/badpun
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #35
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

True, but here in the States, excuses like that don't fly. Maybe things work differently in India.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #36
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
The thing is, Miburo, beheading someone isn't easy. You have to get through a fair bit of flesh as well as the spine, and even if the person was standing still, it would still take quite a bit of strength to cut their head clean off. In this situation, there's almost no way she could have decapitated her attacker unless she was explicitly trying to decapitate him. If someone attacked me and I had a blade, I would either go for the throat or try to injure the attacker badly enough to make him back off. That's reasonable. She decided that wasn't enough and cut the dude's head off, then went parading around the market with it. That's savage.
I don't know how fucking sickles work when it comes to chopping off heads. They might go through that shit like butter, who knows. Doesn't really matter. It's not unreasonable to aim at a guy's neck if he's perceived as an extreme threat.

Take my rocket launcher analogy and change the rocket launcher to a pistol. I could aim for the leg or some other less-lethal area of his body and potentially stop him from coming at me, sure. But if I seriously think that if I don't stop this guy that I'm going to die, I'm allowed to use the most effective way possible to stop him. So I'm still going to aim for his chest anyway. Again, this is why people shouldn't attack other people. They're allowed to fucking kill you if a reasonable person can consider you an extreme threat. Hell, they're allowed to claw your eyes out, bite your nutsack off, etc. until you stop being a threat. You can be brutal and savage as fuck when defending yourself.

And as for parading around with a head (Or even cutting the head off a dead body, if you're implying she did that), that's not killing anyone so it shouldn't be considered any form of homicide. And it can easily be attributed to not being of sound mind, which would be completely understandable considering what she had just gone through.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #37
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I don't know how fucking sickles work when it comes to chopping off heads. They might go through that shit like butter, who knows. Doesn't really matter. It's not unreasonable to aim at a guy's neck if he's perceived as an extreme threat.

Take my rocket launcher analogy and change the rocket launcher to a pistol. I could aim for the leg or some other less-lethal area of his body and potentially stop him from coming at me, sure. But if I seriously think that if I don't stop this guy that I'm going to die, I'm allowed to use the most effective way possible to stop him. So I'm still going to aim for his chest anyway. Again, this is why people shouldn't attack other people. They're allowed to fucking kill you if a reasonable person can consider you an extreme threat. Hell, they're allowed to claw your eyes out, bite your nutsack off, etc. until you stop being a threat. You can be brutal and savage as fuck when defending yourself.

And as for parading around with a head (Or even cutting the head off a dead body, if you're implying she did that), that's not killing anyone so it shouldn't be considered any form of homicide. And it can easily be attributed to not being of sound mind, which would be completely understandable considering what she had just gone through.
The main difference I see with this situation and your rocket launcher or pistol analogy is this: with the pistol, it would take as much effort to kill the guy as it would to injure him; you'd be pulling the trigger either way. With the rocket launcher, you pretty much have to kill the guy. Both cases would be reasonable. But this woman made an extra effort to cut off the dude's head. Sickles aren't that sharp, it would take some effort to cut off his head. Where she could have made just enough of an effort to be certain of her own safety, she went further.

There was a similar news story a while back where a 12-year-old kid walked into the kitchen and found someone trying to rape and kill his mother, so he grabbed a knife, went for the dude's throat, and killed him. I said that was completely justified, as is the attacker's death in this news article. The difference is that after the man was dead, the kid didn't keep on stabbing his body for the hell of it or start working on severing his head to show to his friends. He did what he had to and left it at that. That's what this woman should have done.

As for the homicide charge, they probably assumed from her behavior afterwards that at some point, she set out specifically to kill the guy just for revenge. What you said about not being sound at the time does make sense; in that case, she should receive psychiatric treatment. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 11-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #38
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

yeah, sickles arent samurai swords and im not sure how strong the woman was but it isnt easy to cut someones head off. and im not saying it didnt happen but its a good way to get away with murder.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #39
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
The main difference I see with this situation and your rocket launcher or pistol analogy is this: with the pistol, it would take as much effort to kill the guy as it would to injure him; you'd be pulling the trigger either way. With the rocket launcher, you pretty much have to kill the guy. Both cases would be reasonable. But this woman made an extra effort to cut off the dude's head. Sickles aren't that sharp, it would take some effort to cut off his head. Where she could have made just enough of an effort to be certain of her own safety, she went further.

There was a similar news story a while back where a 12-year-old kid walked into the kitchen and found someone trying to rape and kill his mother, so he grabbed a knife, went for the dude's throat, and killed him. I said that was completely justified, as is the attacker's death in this news article. The difference is that after the man was dead, the kid didn't keep on stabbing his body for the hell of it or start working on severing his head to show to his friends. He did what he had to and left it at that. That's what this woman should have done.
Alright, change the pistol to a rusty pipe laying on the ground. If I smacked it off the dude's head so hard that it caused his entire body to explode in a fine mist of blood somehow, and I fully intended to do so and proclaimed afterwards that it was fucking awesome, then it's still self-defense.

Self-defense doesn't work the way you think it does. If someone attacks you in a way that would lead you to believe that they mean to cause extreme harm to you (Rape, kill) then you can do pretty much anything to him until he stops. Chopping off heads is cool, both legally and generally speaking.

No matter what, the killing was justified. And even if she did mutilate the dead body afterwards (Nothing indicates she did in the story, but I'll roll with it anyway), that's not murder. You can't kill a dead body.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #40
J1aBob
Genin

J1aBob is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't read all the posts but I read enough to be able to state my points. Rape whether completed or not is a attack not on just the physical being but on the mental as well. I am a sexual assault response coordinator and most times women act like nothing has ever happened they put it behind themselves its a type of shock in all honesty. It also goes the same way when the women actually overpowers there attacker. The victim normally mentally blacks out and anything that happens after that is usually remembered when going over there story.

1. The woman may not have actually done that had she been in any kind of state of mind.
2. She shouldn't be charged with anything other than public disturbance or something along those lines.
3. About the sickle. have any of you honestly ever been to third world countries where those are actually used. I have and most that I have seen are freaking razor sharp. People keep those kind of tools just as sharp as any samurai sword I have ever seen.
4. I think She was justified in what she had done.

Thanks

Last edited by J1aBob; 12-02-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: typos
J1aBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #41
Hanz86
ANBU

Hanz86 has a spectacular aura aboutHanz86 has a spectacular aura aboutHanz86 has a spectacular aura aboutHanz86 has a spectacular aura about

The Raper just got what he deserve..

"This Is Not The Time to Put Down My Pen Yet"

PROUD CO-OWNER OF :

-- ANTI-SASUKE FC --
-- HACHIBI (8-TAIL) FC--
-- WISE SAGE of THE JIRAIYA FC--

Proud Member of Kage Fc
Proud Member of Tsunade Fc
Hanz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #42
Gamr1469
Chuunin

Gamr1469 is an unknown quantity at this point

not even an eye for an eye can justify what she did!!!!

i mean sure tht guy should have got something but murder???

no way

If you are one of the 100% of people who hate Naruto Fillers. Put this in your tag
99.99 percent of the time fillers
1) make no sense
2) contridict the canon material
3) make my head hurt

Myspace--------->
www.myspace.com/gamr1469

(ps if u r goin to add me plz tell me u added me through the forum)
Gamr1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #43
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

OHHH THAT MAN CLEVA!.. HE GO TO MOLEST WOMAN HOLDING SICKLE... HE SMART! smart man! i wish i cleva as him ohhh i be so smart i get all de bitches.

i go to molest woman holding flamethrower cuz i cleva
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #44
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox maiden View Post
I dont think ppl should be KILLED for rape, castrated seems more appropriate.
You don't think people should be killed cause they rapped someone.. but yet a lot of women who are raped are killed. So its ok for a woman to be rapped and killed and the guy should survive..

Not to mention those who do rape and get put in jail will eventually be let go to do it all over again.. Even those who have raped and killed were let go and guess what they did,they rapped and killed again but yet they shouldnt get killed for raping someone. I disagree.

Also i think justice was served.

Some say she was a psycho for doing what she did. Do you even realize the type of trama someone goes through when they are being attacked. Wondering if they are going to live or die and even after its done some wish they were dead. Its easy to say your crazy for doing that unless you have been through that experience itself.

Last edited by Mystik; 12-23-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #45
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
You don't think people should be killed cause they rapped someone.. but yet a lot of women who are raped are killed. So its ok for a woman to be rapped and killed and the guy should survive..
Being castrated is worse than being killed. If you had a penis, you'd understand.

@Miburo: I was under the impression that you were only allowed to use as much force as is necessary to stop the attack. If you're free to do whatever you want to your attacker, then there should be no legal basis for her prosecution. I still think her reaction was over the top, though.

@J1aBob: I'm still not convinced that a sickle would be able to decapitate a man as easily as you're saying it would.

Also, to everyone who says rapists should automatically die, I disagree. But there's not really anything to argue, since it's an issue of mercy vs. mercilessness.

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 12-24-2008 at 04:52 PM.