What's Kakashi's problem? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
jasminegreen
Genin

jasminegreen is an unknown quantity at this point
What's Kakashi's problem?

Hi, i'm new here. I debate this topic with my friend alot and I wanted to get some more opinions from people. Well, in part 1 of Naruto, does anyone feel that Kakashi wasn't a good mentor? I mean the only student he seemed to care anything for was Sasuke. He never seemed to care about Sakura and especially Naruto. And, he also seemed to be very hypocritical.
jasminegreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: What's Kakashi's problem?

That's not really true.
Though Kakashi did pay more attention to Sasuke then he did to Naruto and Sakura, he was in no way a bad mentor. Remember the Zabuza arc and their training and mission.
In combat, Kakashi takes care of every one of his students equally.

He just wanted to change Sasuke seeing as he was similar to how Kakashi was when he was a kid, that's simply why he was with Sasuke more then with the other two.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Dizzykilla
Special Jounin

Dizzykilla is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
That's not really true.
Though Kakashi did pay more attention to Sasuke then he did to Naruto and Sakura, he was in no way a bad mentor. Remember the Zabuza arc and their training and mission.
In combat, Kakashi takes care of every one of his students equally.

He just wanted to change Sasuke seeing as he was similar to how Kakashi was when he was a kid, that's simply why he was with Sasuke more then with the other two.

yup plus saske was the leader and as the leader of the team he needed the most guidents such as leader do need starting off
Dizzykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
grandpa
not as old as Kakuzu

grandpa is an unknown quantity at this point

IMHO,

The way he did with team 7 showed his mentoring quality. He focused on Sasuke because what Shrike said above. He didn't push himself to train everybody. He let the "sunglasses jounin" to train Naruto, and eventualy Naruto landed on Jiraiya's hand.

I think, Kakashi choose to train team 7 in the first place. Perhaps he wanted to be closed to Naruto, his sensei's son, and Sasuke, to guide him with his sharingan.
grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

It wasn't that he was showing favoritism or giving all his attention to Sasuke-- He did train each of his students equally, and he was careful to not coming someone for NaruSakuSasu to lean on. Kakashi taught the kids to grow up, but it's just that he saw a little bit of himself in Sasuke, and wanted to guide him to become a great ninja, especially since Sasuke had no father to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzykilla
yup plus saske was the leader and as the leader of the team he needed the most guidents such as leader do need starting off
It was never stated that Sasuke was the "leader". For the Rookie 9, there was no real appointed leader. Many could say that Naruto was the leader, others would say Sasuke--But there's no real truth mainly because there's no proof of this. I will agree that perhaps Sasuke was the strongest in the majority of Part One, but he was never "the leader".
Kakashi was the mentor to 3 students, and the 3 students worked together on missions to train them so that one day they could do missions independently without the assistance of that particular team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminegree
He never seemed to care about Sakura and especially Naruto. And, he also seemed to be very hypocritical.
Kakashi cared a bunch about Sakura, and even Naruto. Kakashi cared about Naruto so much, that Kakashi let Naruto go to train with Jiraiya, a man so renowned and powerful that he trained Minato, Kakashi's sensei. Kakashi knew that there was no way he could possibly teach the things that Naruto were to learn from Jiraiya, and Kakashi also knew that he was not the right teacher for certain things.
Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke will always be "Team Kakashi", whether they are training under a different person or not.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
MaFrog
Chuunin

MaFrog will become famous soon enoughMaFrog will become famous soon enoughMaFrog will become famous soon enough

you only need to keep reading and watching to see that Kakashi does care about them. He knows their weaknesses and strengths and gave them what they needed individually... even if that was training with someone else eg. Naruto with Jiraiya
At the time Naruto was with Kakashi, he really needed someone to keep him in line, and to restrain his impulsiveness, (with a punch to the head,if needed) otherwise he would have gotten himself killed most times or at least in big trouble. I couldn't see Iruka sensei doing what Kakashi did.
and he also used the competitiveness between Naruto and Sasuke to motivate them to train and grow...
Kakashi knew exactly what he was doing, he is a genius afterall.

Last edited by MaFrog; 08-31-2008 at 09:56 AM.
MaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
jasminegreen
Genin

Ok, so Kakashi let Jiraiya train Naruto. Then why does Kakashi get mad when Jiraiya taught Rasengan to Naruto? I mean, he taught Chidori to Sasuke to protect him from Orochimaru, but he says Naruto shouldn't have been taught that jutsu, even if it was for use against Akatsuki. So he cares if Sasuke goes to Orochimaru, but he doesn't care if Naruto is captured and killed by the Akatsuki?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
MaFrog
Chuunin

MaFrog will become famous soon enoughMaFrog will become famous soon enoughMaFrog will become famous soon enough

eh? he was worried about Naruto knowing rasengan, cuz even the 4th had trouble with it, infact no one else can do it except Jiraiya, the 4th and Naruto. And Jiraiya's response was, well you taught Sas chidori... and of course they never expected the two would be using it on each other.
Also at that time Akat was not openly known about, Im not even sure Jiraiya had mentioned it to Kakashi at that time.
Im sure someone will come on and say something about that...
how much have you read? Kakashi is for Naruto all the way... and just recently has been training him in developing his wind elemental jutso. He knows Naruto very well, prolly not as much as Jiraiya, but he knows his strengths and weaknesses.
MaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFrog View Post
eh? he was worried about Naruto knowing rasengan, cuz even the 4th had trouble with it, infact no one else can do it except Jiraiya, the 4th and Naruto. And Jiraiya's response was, well you taught Sas chidori... and of course they never expected the two would be using it on each other.
Also at that time Akat was not openly known about, Im not even sure Jiraiya had mentioned it to Kakashi at that time.
Im sure someone will come on and say something about that...
how much have you read? Kakashi is for Naruto all the way... and just recently has been training him in developing his wind elemental jutso. He knows Naruto very well, prolly not as much as Jiraiya, but he knows his strengths and weaknesses.
Jiraiya mentioned Akatsuki to Kakashi when he says he'll train Naruto. It was in a flashback Kakashi had when he was fighting Itachi. And that was before the Rasengan training by Jiraiya.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
Shad0w_Hunter
Hunter-Nin

Shad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enough

See, here's the thing.

Kakashi and Sasuke are similar fighters. (mix of ninjutsu and taijutsu)

Naruto and Jiraiya are similar fighters. (Taijutsu with minimal ninjutsu)

Sakura and Tsunade became similar fighters. (omgwtf no taijutsu, just beating things senseless)

Kakashi did what he could with what he had, teaching them all basic chakra control and the like. But there's only so much you can teach to certain people.

My Fanfictions:

My groups:

Co-owner:
Hatake Kakashi FC
Hyuuga Hinata FC
Shad0w_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:45 AM   #11
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w_Hunter View Post
See, here's the thing.

Kakashi and Sasuke are similar fighters. (mix of ninjutsu and taijutsu)

Naruto and Jiraiya are similar fighters. (Taijutsu with minimal ninjutsu)

Sakura and Tsunade became similar fighters. (omgwtf no taijutsu, just beating things senseless)

Kakashi did what he could with what he had, teaching them all basic chakra control and the like. But there's only so much you can teach to certain people.
Look at the Chunin exam, when Naruto goes to Kakashi, Kakashi says he can't train him. So he gives Naruto over to Ebisu and tells Naruto to work on his basics. If he knew Naruto's basics were bad, then why did he wait until the Chunin exam to tell him to work on them? He let Jiraiya train Naruto because Jiraiya would be a better teacher, right? Then why would he scold Jiraiya for teaching Naruto Rasengan, when he taught Chidori to Sasuke? Kakashi didn't pay any attention to Naruto when Naruto was under his care, so he knows nothing about Naruto or what Naruto has to go through. Rasengan was the jutsu of Naruto's father so Naruto had more of a right to learn that than Sasuke learning Chidori. And, when Jiraiya taught Naruto that technique, Naruto was officially no longer Kakashi's student,so Kakashi has no say in what Jiraiya teaches him. So, Kakashi can officially focus on the arrogant emo student that he wanted to begin with.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
BlackSaint
Saint

BlackSaint is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL your right because kakashi paid more attention to sasuke than naruto. I think only because sasuke reminded kakashi of how he was when he was younger. So he didn't want sasuke to end up like how kakashi did with no comrade. He tought sasuke chidori because he wanted sasuke to succeed the chunnin exam. I myself don't even know why he didn't train naruto to defeat neji when neji was tought to be a genius. I guess every teacher in Naruto has a favorite student.
BlackSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
Sasuke is awsome
Jounin

Sasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSaint View Post
LOL your right because kakashi paid more attention to sasuke than naruto. I think only because sasuke reminded kakashi of how he was when he was younger. So he didn't want sasuke to end up like how kakashi did with no comrade. He tought sasuke chidori because he wanted sasuke to succeed the chunnin exam. I myself don't even know why he didn't train naruto to defeat neji when neji was tought to be a genius. I guess every teacher in Naruto has a favorite student.

It certainly seems that every teacher has a favorite student.
Proud Owner of Tsunade FC
Proud Owner of Orchimaru FC
Proud Owner of The Three Legendary Sannin FC
Proud Member of the Konoha Orange Flash FC
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...sasuke-san.gif
Want free stuff? Such as a Xbox 360 or PS3. If so. Then click on the link below, sign up, and earn up enough points and get want you want. If you don't believe me check out the Testimonals.
http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=88409

May he rest in peace
Sasuke is awsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
trondah
ANBU

trondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the rough

Kakashi doesn't have any problems, except some issues regarding his face.

Hashirama Senju, the man hailed as the best shinobi of all time.
trondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
white wolf god
Genin

white wolf god is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondah View Post
Kakashi doesn't have any problems, except some issues regarding his face.
LMAO thank you that made me laff.....no kakashi not like that, he does care about all of his students i guess he wanted to protect sasuke at that time as sasuke said to him that there was a person he wanted to kill and that gained kakashis interest (remb kakashi seems to find certain things interesting and will continue with that). Now that he realises that sakura and naruto havnt got over sasuke hes pouring his attention more on to them especially naruto as he knows naruto had to protect himself and he honestly believes that naruto will become hokage. SIMPLY put he has to do certain things at certain times to ensure him pupils will be safe and will suceed.