@ Bible People - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #46
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: @ Bible People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
No. The tempter is our ability to have choice. There is no disadvantage to us. We have the choice between good and evil, but we chose evil and we continue to make good and bad decisions.
You're directly contradicting Scripture here. It says, multiple times, that the devil is real. He even directly tempts Jesus.
Quote:
So God doesn't really love everyone? God would send someone to hell because he didn't believe something he can't believe is real?
He loves us enough to give us free choice. You can very well believe God is real without seeing him. That's a bullshit excuse there.
Quote:
Baptism? Baptism is what saves me? Seriously, that is total bullshit. When did Jesus ever say Baptism is what saves me? When did Jesus ever say that a prayer of forgiveness saves me?
The latter is untrue, as it is never mentioned in the Bible. As for the former:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattew 28:19; emphasis mine
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit..."
Right from the mouth of the man you claim to believe is your Savior. Contradict that.
Quote:
Ok so your image of God is a fascist. I guess God really only wants me for a slave then and he doesn't really want a relationship with me...
He does. But he also wants you to submit to his will. You're free to have fun and enjoy yourself, as long as you don't do anything the Bible tells you not to. There's Scripture about this somewhere in the New Testament, I know. One of the letters of the apostles.
Quote:
No. God breathed concepts into the writers head. The writer then writes down those concepts, but along with those words we get the bias of the time.
Now that's just illogical. The Scripture is "God-breathed". Not "God-breathed, but filtered by biased human minds". You're adding to the Scripture to make it convenient.
Quote:
I have said Jesus and God are the same God. What I am saying is that the OT records the God in a wrong way. God was blamed for things he didn't do, and things he didn't say. God is Jesus and Jesus is God. God described in the Old Testament =/= True character of God.
What the fucking hell are you talking about? God in the OT is portrayed many, many times as a loving, kind God. Want examples?
Also, this goes back to the "God-breathed" thing.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #47
ThyMaiden
I like it dirty 24/7

Location: At the gates of Midian... yes thats in greenland... lol
ThyMaiden is an unknown quantity at this point

like I have said before
when you attribute that kind of things to the masses you are taking credibility from the bible.
whenever the Israelis sinned god punished them.
if the Israelis would have done that god would have punish them
and if they didnt wrote it in the bible, who know what else they havent
taking credibility to your all religion.
ThyMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #48
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
You're directly contradicting Scripture here. It says, multiple times, that the devil is real. He even directly tempts Jesus.
Satan translates to adversary. The translation you are using is biased. Pretty much all of them are to a degree, when it comes to the devil. Just to show I am not a lunatic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

Look at "Etymology"

Quote:
He loves us enough to give us free choice. You can very well believe God is real without seeing him. That's a bullshit excuse there.
It isn't a real choice if I can't even observe the person who is giving it to me. Is it really a choice to say, "Convert or I damn you to hell?" That is what your God says. You see God as one who punishes evil. I see God as one who wants to phase evil out through voluntary choice? Whose God is actually giving free choice?

Quote:
The latter is untrue, as it is never mentioned in the Bible. As for the former:
It doesn't say that people will go to hell if they are not baptized. I acknowledge baptism as a voluntary public declaration to follow Jesus into the Kingdom of God. That way, other people may help you in your walk. You don't need to do it though.

Quote:
He does. But he also wants you to submit to his will. You're free to have fun and enjoy yourself, as long as you don't do anything the Bible tells you not to. There's Scripture about this somewhere in the New Testament, I know. One of the letters of the apostles.
A relationship does not consist of a slaver driver whipping his slave to get him to do what he wants to do.

Quote:
Now that's just illogical. The Scripture is "God-breathed". Not "God-breathed, but filtered by biased human minds". You're adding to the Scripture to make it convenient.
No. The words "God-breathed" do not mean that God controlled the pen that wrote on the paper. It means that one was influenced by God.

Quote:
What the fucking hell are you talking about? God in the OT is portrayed many, many times as a loving, kind God. Want examples?
Also, this goes back to the "God-breathed" thing.
God tells Israel to kill everyone in Jericho.
God buries Sodom and Gomorrah.
God kills an extended family because a guy, "spills his seed."
God gambles with Satan to see how good of a servant Job is.
God forces Assyria to conquer Northern Israel (Assyrians impaled their victims.)
God forces the Babylonians to invaded the Southern Kingdom.

Seriously, you think God did all of that?

Quote:
like I have said before
when you attribute that kind of things to the masses you are taking credibility from the bible.
whenever the Israelis sinned god punished them.
if the Israelis would have done that god would have punish them
and if they didnt wrote it in the bible, who know what else they havent
taking credibility to your all religion.
There isn't much credibility in the Bible period. The fact that it claims that there is a God is enough. A flood where every two animals are taken. The earth being created in seven days. Yup, all credible.

Now there is some credibility. We do have evidence of rebellions being stirred up during the Roman times about a guy titled, "Cristus." We have letters written by people about the conflicts between the Jews at that time. Also, some of the history of the OT has been proven to be correct.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #49
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

God also sent his own son to be tortured and killed and to chill in Hell for a couple days. Religion isn't absolute, that's why it's faith.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #50
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
God also sent his own son to be tortured and killed and to chill in Hell for a couple days. Religion isn't absolute, that's why it's faith.
The Bible never actually says he went to hell. Also, why he was killed is another thing I disagree with most Christians with. I never claimed religion was an absolute anyways.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #51
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

dEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
I finally found the number for the guy that told me this story.

It was Archangel Azrael (Archangel of Death)
Diablo 2 FTW!
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC
dEcCrIx is offline   Reply With Quote