I need a tut... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
I need a tut...

OK this is in the spamzone because hardly anyone I know posts in the fanart section and shit, anyway I drew this guy and there's a lot of smudging on the paper and some of the lines didn't come out thick enough. I need a tutorial on how to clean it up and how to get those lines without making everything else really thick in black. For example when I used multiply his hair went jet black and you couldn't see anything, it was like a giant blob, this was just to get his abs and jacket lines thicker. Any help please??

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need a tut...

Um...There's some kind of program that allows you to make lineart from your sketches, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called.

But Brooke uses it to do her lineart I think, and she's really good at it, so I'm sure she can probably help you when she sees this thread. Or maybe you could PM her about it.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Yeah I'll do that, also I might just go over the entire thing with a black felt pen and rescan it. This will allow me to rub out all the smudges and excess shit.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

But sometimes if you go over it with black felt pen and then erase afterwards, the ink will smudge and it'll look even worse :/
Old 11-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Babyface BK
<3===BK

I'll let it dry first and it's not those thick wet marker type ones.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

learn to use pentool on PS lol XD

//scan it and pentool that shyte <.<
Old 11-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

^Yeah that brings up a question actually.

If you're using the pentool to make a line-art out of a sketch, what settings would you use to do that? Path? Or would it be something else?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
OG
[잊지 말아요]

OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

depends on how you want it. if you want different thicknesses, you have to outline the entire thing then fill it.

however if you are lazy like me, you can just use paths then when you're done outlining with the pentool, right click and click on stroke path then brush. itll take on whatever your current brush setting is. say if its a round size 13 brush, itll outline the pentool work with that. so u can just change it to whatever setting u want in the brush, pencil, whatever tool you choose to outline it with and itll outline it with that tool in its current setting.

or you can use a combo of the two, you can choose to have most of it in the same stroke [meaning the lines have the same width and shyte] then just work on the rest with the slower method by outlining it so u have different thicknesses

//if it doesnt make sense sowwie lol XD....ill be making a tut for this at some pt for apoc so yar <.< >.>

ex: my TP tag is made with the lazy option for the outline and the coloring is with the slower method to get different thicknesses

Last edited by OG; 11-01-2008 at 09:00 PM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #9
Babyface BK
<3===BK

I was using the pentool to do it, but it's hard cause..I'll just post the picture of the drawing. It's pretty big though so....

Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #10
OG
[잊지 말아요]

pentool is usually hard for people to learn lol

if you want i can try to do it for you, but depends on my laziness >.>..........
Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Old 11-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
depends on how you want it. if you want different thicknesses, you have to outline the entire thing then fill it.

however if you are lazy like me, you can just use paths then when you're done outlining with the pentool, right click and click on stroke path then brush. itll take on whatever your current brush setting is. say if its a round size 13 brush, itll outline the pentool work with that. so u can just change it to whatever setting u want in the brush, pencil, whatever tool you choose to outline it with and itll outline it with that tool in its current setting.

or you can use a combo of the two, you can choose to have most of it in the same stroke [meaning the lines have the same width and shyte] then just work on the rest with the slower method by outlining it so u have different thicknesses

//if it doesnt make sense sowwie lol XD....ill be making a tut for this at some pt for apoc so yar <.< >.>

ex: my TP tag is made with the lazy option for the outline and the coloring is with the slower method to get different thicknesses
Thanks for this, by the way, I'll have to try it with one of my own drawings. >.<

@BK: If your not proficient in it, I'd just re-outline it, like you said.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
Wanderlei Silva
Missing-Nin

Wanderlei Silva is an unknown quantity at this point

Kina I remember you still.
Wanderlei Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlei Silva View Post
Kina I remember you still.
Lol, random?

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #15
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG

Nah I understand it, it made sense.

And yeah pen tool IS hard to learn... it took me forever to learn how to use it when I first tried doing a render. But it took too long so I stopped lol. XD
I think I'll probably stick with the easier paths method first and then just gradually go on to using the slower method as I improve.

...If I ever actually feel like using PS again, that is.

EDIT: Wonder if he remembers me? O: