Barack Obama our new president - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Miburo

Re: Barack Obama our new president

Obama has just as much experience as Abraham Lincoln. Also, the first major decision a president has to make comes before they're even president really, and that is choosing a vice president to run with. And look who McCain picked...

YES WE CAN!! FUCK YEAH!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

I voted for Obama. Congrats Obama.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #18
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I'm glad Obama won as I'm glad I helped in making that happen. Obama will make a positive change for the U.S. I guarantee it.
lol pathetic "you guarantee it" you ain't got nothing to promise sir since you don't know what obama will do or not do to get elected you must get the voters trust which he did with WORDS not actions YET.

I voted for obama let's just hope he won't screw over Israel.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #19
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
lol pathetic "you guarantee it" you ain't got nothing to promise sir since you don't know what obama will do or not do to get elected you must get the voters trust which he did with WORDS not actions YET.

I voted for obama let's just hope he won't screw over Israel.
I'm going off of faith, Myth. Of course, no one can actually guarantee Obama's actions just like they guarantee their own. I do believe some positive change will come from him in the future. Also, the way you type remind me of someone else that hasn't disappeared not to long ago from NL, but that couldn't be you .

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #20
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I'm going off of faith, Myth. Of course, no one can actually guarantee Obama's actions just like they guarantee their own. I do believe some positive change will come from him in the future. Also, the way you type remind me of someone else that hasn't disappeared not to long ago from NL, but that couldn't be you .
Of course that's not Nam-----whoops.

--------------------------

Obama will hopefully not let us down. He seems like the leader-type, hopefully not the communist leader type.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #21
Miburo

He's not nami/minimalist/etc., smart guys.

Though, he may be a fail lord supreme dupe.

Also, fuck yeah Obama!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #22
naruto0510
Genin

naruto0510 is an unknown quantity at this point

Although, I'm not the legal age for voting, Barack Obama was my choice. He is best suited for the job and because I don't like McCain. If he was to win [McCain] and croak in office, Palin would take over. <shudders>
naruto0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #23
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
He's not nami/minimalist/etc., smart guys.

Though, he may be a fail lord supreme dupe.

Also, fuck yeah Obama!
I am not any of those guys , fail lord supreme what kinda name is that did he take after that name to.

Nexus I have no problem with what you said but don't just say trust me cause honestly i would assume nobody on this forum even knows you as in person. I voted for Obama because..

A - I cannot stand anyone who follows bush's crap policies.
B - I believe in what Obama says but if you honestly believe what he says will change during his first term you are way off. Obama will be lucky to do a quarter of what he said in his first term, our country as it is now couldn't be fucked up more.

So I hope my vote for Obama was the right choice even though lol even if i hadn't voted i doubt it would make a slight difference in the outcome. There was a "low" standered i had set for mccain, but for the election to be over before 11 pm when Ny polls closed at 9 lol that's something.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 AM   #24
D4rKR34v3r
ANBU

Location: Wow, if you are reading this stop trying to stalk me
D4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud of

but on a serious note, i think its awesome he won. America deserves some change for the better.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 AM   #25
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
Obama went to columbia university and attended Harvard Law school, I doubt that they are both even on the same mental stability.
True. Now lets see how Obama admin clean Bush mess.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #26
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I voted for Obama. Best damn decision I have made thus far this year. Just to point out some of the reasons I voted for him. He's level headed, doesn't get angry, and highly intellectual (especially when compared to his predecessor). He's the only president that I actually feel like he will TRY to do at least 75% of what he promised but I'm not expecting things to change quickly either. He is coming into the White House with a huge ass mess to clean up and be on friendly terms with our allies and other countries that hate us.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #27
Ryuzoâ„¢
Hidden Shinobi

Ryuzoâ„¢ is an unknown quantity at this point

XD.

Wow, you guys fail to realize that Bush was trying to clean up Clinton's mess. Clinton was the one who gave Iran these weapons. I'm just tired of people knockin' on Bush for the mess a DEMOCRAT made. And now we have another one in office. Good job, America. Now I really am screwed.

^Note: I'm going into Basic Training in the Air Force the 17th. Great to be serving a President with no military training. We'll be screwed if we get attacked AGAIN, and our Commander-In-Chief has no military training.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #28
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Kilik 64 is on a distinguished roadKilik 64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraku View Post
First in experience Mccain has 20 years more experience in politics than obama. Second Mccain has military experience both in theory and practical application. Third he is a veteran and i respect that about John Mccain.

Obama has no experience on the global scale just like Bush did so its easy to make the comparison. And if you dont like my view then to bad i dont care.
Except political experience =/= good policies while you're in the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
Im american, and this isn't a debate. I don't have to justify my opinions.
I mean, I know you don't ave to, but I'm just interested in why you disliked both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzoâ„¢ View Post
XD.

Wow, you guys fail to realize that Bush was trying to clean up Clinton's mess. Clinton was the one who gave Iran these weapons. I'm just tired of people knockin' on Bush for the mess a DEMOCRAT made. And now we have another one in office. Good job, America. Now I really am screwed.

^Note: I'm going into Basic Training in the Air Force the 17th. Great to be serving a President with no military training. We'll be screwed if we get attacked AGAIN, and our Commander-In-Chief has no military training.
Because the President isn't allowed to ask more experienced people about how best to take care of that, right? Besides, with his plan of being out in 16 months and trying to repair our relations with nations all across the world, I don't think you have to worry about another war.
Kilik 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #29
Ryuzoâ„¢
Hidden Shinobi

Ryuzoâ„¢ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilik 64 View Post
Except political experience =/= good policies while you're in the office.

I mean, I know you don't ave to, but I'm just interested in why you disliked both of them.

Because the President isn't allowed to ask more experienced people about how best to take care of that, right? Besides, with his plan of being out in 16 months and trying to repair our relations with nations all across the world, I don't think you have to worry about another war.
Yeah, but how do you know that the people he asks will have the experience themselves to properly handle the situation?

Also, what happens if we're still in this phase, and a new President comes along? How do we know that the next President (Who could be a Republican, and doesn't care for relationships with other nations) ends theses reparations? That's when countries will get offended, and attack.

Last edited by Ryuzoâ„¢; 11-07-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Ryuzoâ„¢ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #30
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Kilik 64 is on a distinguished roadKilik 64 is on a distinguished road

I was being sarcastic. He IS allowed to ask for advice, which is what his Board of Advisors does.

As for the next candidate, he would also have advisors that would hopefully tell him that that's not the best idea. However, if war does break out (I hope not) Obama's lack of military expertise wouldn't be a problem because he wouldn't be in office.
Kilik 64 is offline   Reply With Quote