Barack Obama our new president - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #31
Ryuzo™
Hidden Shinobi

Ryuzo™ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Barack Obama our new president

Numero Uno: Umm, I know you were. I originally posted thinking you were serious, then it hit me you were being sarcastic, so I edited my post.

Numero Dos: So basically, you'll want another Republican to clean up a Democratic's mess, just like Bush was attempting to clean up Clinton's? That makes perfect sense.

You're basically saying it's alright what Obama does as long as the next President fixes the mistakes, am I right?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #32
jimmer45khb
Monkey D Luffy

jimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud ofjimmer45khb has much to be proud of

All I have to say is that I am looking forward to the next four years to see what is going to happen

CO-Owner of The Nine-Tailed Fox Demons fc
One Piece FC
Final Fantasy FC
Proud Owner of
Kage FC
Member of
jimmer45khb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #33
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Kilik 64 is on a distinguished roadKilik 64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzo™ View Post
Numero Dos: So basically, you'll want another Republican to clean up a Democratic's mess, just like Bush was attempting to clean up Clinton's? That makes perfect sense.
Trying to create peace between other nations is hardly a mistake. If a Republican took office later and decided "lulz let's enforce superiority" which led to hostility, that would be THAT president's mistake.

Quote:
You're basically saying it's alright what Obama does as long as the next President fixes the mistakes, am I right?
No, and I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. Also, you are really sticking to the military side of McCain, yet you ignore the rest of his policies. Any reason why?
Kilik 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #34
Ryuzo™
Hidden Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilik 64 View Post
Trying to create peace between other nations is hardly a mistake. If a Republican took office later and decided "lulz let's enforce superiority" which led to hostility, that would be THAT president's mistake.

No, and I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. Also, you are really sticking to the military side of McCain, yet you ignore the rest of his policies. Any reason why?
Uh, it is if it leads to them to attacking you with those weapons. Durhur.

The Military is about to become my life. It's the only thing I'm focusing on right now. It's number 1 on my priority list. ^.^
Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #35
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Explain to me in depth Clinton's mistakes.

Chances are, you can't, because that idea was fed to you by a neo-con republican.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #36
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Explain to me in depth Clinton's mistakes.

Chances are, you can't, because that idea was fed to you by a neo-con republican.
In depth about Clinton's mistakes? Fed to us by neo-con republicans? Dude, you drank the kool-aid so don't point fingers. Okay, I actually liked Clinton. But his administration had the most scandalous administration of the 20th century. He practically ignored Al Qaeda and all their attacks against our interests during the 90's, now so did the Presidents that came before him so that's not just a Clinton thing, and he got impeached for lying under oath.

Dude, I'm going to support Obama, he's going to be my President. But come on. Pretending that the problems of the Clinton years were in fact some vast right wing conspiracy is ludicrous.

edit: BTW, this was really classy. People had poked fun at Nancy Reagan for years over her and astrologists. But I think it was a nice thing for Obama to do and call Nancy Reagan over his little jab. ^_^ http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/.../obama_seances

Last edited by emachina; 11-07-2008 at 10:53 PM.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #37
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

I was actually asking a legitimate question, because I see that point brought up all the time by the right, claiming all of the shit that went down in Bush's term was somehow Clinton's fault. What I never heard was actual detail of why this was the case.

Clinton did plenty in response to terrorism. And that Monica Lewinsky scandal was really just a media thing. I don't believe it to have any real affect on real issues. I mean really, lying about a blow job and getting scolded? Is this high school?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #38
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

My opinion, he could have and should have done more. Bush Sr. could have and should have done more. Reagan, Carter, Ford, even Nixon could have and should have done more. I think 9/11 was a culmination of ignorance of Presidents before Bush 43. Yes Clinton responded to terrorist with very mediocre retaliation. He did address it, but after the first attack on the WTC we should have done more. That was an attack on America, and we basically lobbed a few missles into the desert and moved on.

And, regardless of how you feel about being scolded about getting a b.j. Clinton was under oath, and he perjured himself. That's not "high school", that's the law. If I perjured myself over a traffic ticket and I'm caught, I get in trouble. It's how the world works.

But, we're getting off track here. This isn't about Bush, Clinton, terrorists or anything like that. It is that Obama is now our President. We can continue this in the debate section if you want.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #39
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Neh. I'm just responding to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzo™
I'm just tired of people knockin' on Bush for the mess a DEMOCRAT made.
Which is some typical rehearsed bipartisan bickering. Back on topic, I think it's awesome that Obama is trying to put an end to this bickering, and the idea of progressive ideals in policy making. Etc.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #40
Ryuzo™
Hidden Shinobi

Ok, think about it.

Clinton gave these guys weapon payloads, right? Then, while Clinton was still in office. Osama Bin Laden sends his henchmen to America to take flying lessons. My mom actually has copies of these allegations, I'm pretty sure you can look these up online. So, these guys learn to fly planes, Clinton goes out of office, and they strike. Bush, who comes into office, takes all the blame for 9/11. =/
Old 11-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #41
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ok, think about it.

Clinton gave these guys weapon payloads, right? Then, while Clinton was still in office. Osama Bin Laden sends his henchmen to America to take flying lessons. My mom actually has copies of these allegations, I'm pretty sure you can look these up online. So, these guys learn to fly planes, Clinton goes out of office, and they strike. Bush, who comes into office, takes all the blame for 9/11. =/
Bush isn't blamed for 9/11, that was pure terrorism, Bush is blamed for starting a now-pointless war based on bad intelligence.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #42
Ryuzo™
Hidden Shinobi

BUT, this was all caused by Clinton. And people can't blame Bush about information other people gave him.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:29 AM   #43
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
BUT, this was all caused by Clinton. And people can't blame Bush about information other people gave him.
How can Clinton possibly be blamed for the incompetence of the intelligence agencies?

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #44
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

...........FUCK!

then again that would've been my response no matter which one of those two half assed douchebags got voted in
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #45
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Kilik 64 is on a distinguished roadKilik 64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Uh, it is if it leads to them to attacking you with those weapons. Durhur.
What weapons? Either we're talking about different presidents (you on Clinton, me on Obama), or you have made the assumption that Obama is going to give weapons to other people. and I would also like a detailed explanation of Clinton's problems in office.
Quote:
And, regardless of how you feel about being scolded about getting a b.j. Clinton was under oath, and he perjured himself. That's not "high school", that's the law. If I perjured myself over a traffic ticket and I'm caught, I get in trouble. It's how the world works.
I agree with you about him deserving some punishment for lying under oath, but I disagree with the idea of him being in any kind of legal trouble for cheating on his wife.
Kilik 64 is offline   Reply With Quote