need a good free antivirus - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #31
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: need a good free antivirus

No such thing. Free is free.

If he was going to get an illegal version, why would he stick with AVG? NOD32 is far greater.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #32
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

From personal experience, McAfee and AVG are really good.

OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #33
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

And from my experience, if you're willing to pay for McAfee, you're better off getting NOD32 because the system slow down is virtually null, unlike McAfee.

Like Bal said though, this is a crappy comp he won't have much longer anyway, so there's no point in paying for anything.

Get AVG already and have this thread closed.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #34
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

If you have a Dual Core processor or above, slowdown shouldn't be a problem =P
It surely isn't for me.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #35
Mal
Scotch

Not with what Bal would be using this computer for, but I use mine for gaming and don`t want to be exiting my anti-virus every time I want to play Crysis or Oblivion.

I just biased though, I simply don`t like big, bulky "Internet Security" software when all you really need is a small, fast, effective anti-virus.