Kid Kills Mother Over Halo 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

View Poll Results: What's your closest response to this news?
What the hell is wrong with people these days? 29 74.36%
The death penalty is highly needed. 10 25.64%
The boy should be locked up for life because of his actions. 18 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future
Kid Kills Mother Over Halo 3

- Direct Link -

Quote:
ELYRIA, Ohio (Jan. 13) - Although a teenager's obsession with a violent video game may have warped his sense of reality, the boy is guilty of murdering his mother and wounding his father after they took "Halo 3" away from him, a judge ruled Monday.
"I firmly believe that Daniel Petric had no idea at the time he hatched this plot that if he killed his parents they would be dead forever," Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge said.
Nonetheless, Burge rejected the defense attorneys' argument that Petric, 17, was not guilty by reason of insanity.
The defense didn't contest that Petric shot his parents in October 2007 after they took the game away from him, but insisted that the teen's youth and addiction made him less responsible.
Petric may have been addicted, but the evidence also showed he planned the crime for weeks, said Burge, who found the teenager guilty of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and other charges.
Tried as an adult, Petric faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole. The judge didn't set a sentencing date.
The teen's mother, Susan Petric, 43, died of a gunshot wound to the head. Her husband, Mark Petric, a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, also was shot in the head but survived.
After the verdict was announced, Petric turned to look at his father seated behind him in the courtroom. Mark Petric, who previously said he has forgiven his son, gave an encouraging nod.
Mark Petric and other relatives left the court without comment.
Prosecutors said Petric planned to kill his parents because he was angry that his father would not allow him to play the video game, in which players shoot alien monsters that have taken over the Earth.
On the night of the shooting, Petric used his father's key to open a lockbox and remove a 9 mm handgun and the game.
Mark Petric testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you." He testified that he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from the gunshot.
Deputy prosecuting attorney Anthony Cillo argued during the trial that the teenager had planned to make it appear to be a murder-suicide by putting the gun in his father's hand.
Defense Attorney James Kersey said that when the teenager fled the grisly scene, he only took one item with him: the "Halo 3" game.
Bungie LLC, once part of Microsoft, developed the Xbox 360-exclusive Halo 3, and Microsoft owns the game's intellectual property. Microsoft declined to comment beyond a statement: "We are aware of the situation and it is a tragic case."

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

2009-01-13 00:46:08
Sad but true news. What's wrong with people?

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Sasuke is awsome
Jounin

Sasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the roughSasuke is awsome is a jewel in the rough
Re: Kid Kills Mother Over Halo 3

Who the hell kills their mother and attempts to kill there father for a video game? I agree with u whats wrong with people.
Proud Owner of Tsunade FC
Proud Owner of Orchimaru FC
Proud Owner of The Three Legendary Sannin FC
Proud Member of the Konoha Orange Flash FC
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...sasuke-san.gif
Want free stuff? Such as a Xbox 360 or PS3. If so. Then click on the link below, sign up, and earn up enough points and get want you want. If you don't believe me check out the Testimonals.
http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=88409

May he rest in peace
Sasuke is awsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Gamr1469
Chuunin

Gamr1469 is an unknown quantity at this point

great...one isolated incident and the media is going to have a field day with this

If you are one of the 100% of people who hate Naruto Fillers. Put this in your tag
99.99 percent of the time fillers
1) make no sense
2) contridict the canon material
3) make my head hurt

Myspace--------->
www.myspace.com/gamr1469

(ps if u r goin to add me plz tell me u added me through the forum)
Gamr1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

Another lunatic gamer.
And look, surprise surprise, they're blaming it on the video game.
These dumbfucks keep on giving us a bad name.
I vote on all three.

Damn, I hope I never faced that guy in online
xD
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Jack Thompson will hold this over the gaming world forever. >.0 That's just bad parenting, not the games.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
Jack Thompson will hold this over the gaming world forever. >.0 That's just bad parenting, not the games.
Like hell he has any credibility anymore.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Lol, good, that dude was an ignorant douche.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

lulz
fucking classic story
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
Gamr1469
Chuunin

yeah honestly it IS the partents fault and i think the dad new that...i mean if they would have been better parents i doubt they would have had to take away halo 3 in the first place

If you are one of the 100% of people who hate Naruto Fillers. Put this in your tag
1) make no sense
3) make my head hurt

Myspace--------->
www.myspace.com/gamr1469

Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Whats wrong with kids these days. They dont listen instead shooting their parents

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamr1469 View Post
yeah honestly it IS the partents fault and i think the dad new that...i mean if they would have been better parents i doubt they would have had to take away halo 3 in the first place
I agree. It's easy to blame the kid because he actually committed the act, but it only hurt the people who raised him. If they'd done a better job of it, this most likely wouldn't have happened.

We usually blame the parents for kids being violent, why should it be any different when the victims were themselves?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
Gamr1469
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I agree. It's easy to blame the kid because he actually committed the act, but it only hurt the people who raised him. If they'd done a better job of it, this most likely wouldn't have happened.

We usually blame the parents for kids being violent, why should it be any different when the victims were themselves?
i dont even think it has anything to do with parents being violent (no offence Mal) Its more like the parents didnt punish the kid when he wa little...and now he gets punished and he goes psycho

actually i think a little violence (spanking slapping) is very productive for some children

1) make no sense
3) make my head hurt

Myspace--------->
www.myspace.com/gamr1469

Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamr1469 View Post
i dont even think it has anything to do with parents being violent (no offence Mal) Its more like the parents didnt punish the kid when he wa little...and now he gets punished and he goes psycho

actually i think a little violence (spanking slapping) is very productive for some children
I never said anything about the parents being violent, I agree whole heartedly that spanking is a perfectly acceptable form of punishment. As soon as a kid is capable of understanding right and wrong, they need to be taught it and it needs to be enforced. Boundaries and limitations are important for proper development.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #14
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

That tard must be the same retard that used to scream like a 13-year old over XBL shouting profanities and gay jokes. I hope his father beats the shit out of him so he'll wish for a quick death. Then let him rot in jail waiting for the death sentence. You can still kill him, but make sure he takes showers with the rest of the inmates. Might provide some lulz after the fact.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #15
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

he didn't even take his 360 with him.....lock the lil prick up gettin all devo over a 360 game, i mean the novelty of that game wears off quickly anyway, where i the father i could never forgive his actions given the reason he did it all, oh and who locks a video game away in a gun locker so their agro lil teen can't play it.....