Canadian Man Builds Himself Robot Girlfriend - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Canadian Man Builds Himself Robot Girlfriend

Quote:
A Canadian man, apparently unable to find the perfect woman, has done the next best thing — he's built himself one.
Le Trung, a 33-year-old software engineer who lives with his parents in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, says he's spent about $20,000 so far on Aiko, a 5-foot-tall female android with clear skin, a slim if shapely figure and a wonderful disposition.
• Click here for more photos.
"She can recognize faces, she can identify medication, she can even butter your toast," Le Trung tells the Toronto Globe and Mail.
Not only that, but Aiko speaks — in both English and, for some reason, Japanese. (Le Trung has a Vietnamese name.) She can also read.
"Aiko is what happens when science meets beauty," Le Trung tells the Sun of London. "Aiko doesn't need holidays, food or rest, and will work almost 24 hours a day. She is the perfect woman."
She still can't walk, however. That will take a lot more work and, Le Trung tells the Globe and Mail, a new round of funding. He hopes to create and sell more pretty female robots in the future.
Creepiness levels are high, but what a leap in robotics.

EDIT: Here is a more in depth article: http://projectaiko.com/technology.html

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Last edited by Kina; 12-14-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Kina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Canadian Man Builds Himself Robot Girlfriend

WTF? That dude is Canadian? Based on that amount of creepiness, I guessed he was in Asia...
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Lol, hes going to get the electro-clap after his robo chick cheats on him with the toaster.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Sonlox
Genin

Sonlox is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF i thought i have seen everything but damn this dude is sad
Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
Miburo

Sad? Sad?!? That dude is the fucking man. It's heroic pioneers like this guy that will pave the way to awesome robotic chick maids and, eventually, my elite artificially enhanced cybernetic body. Which will have a cybernetic pen0r that vibrates at an ultra sexy frequency causing all chicks and robo chicks within a 200 mile radius to orgasm instantly, and super cybernetic strength and speed so that I can break thousands upon thousands of faces a day.

Instead of having the crappy flesh body that I have now which has a stupid non-robotic pen0r that only pleasures chicks to eardrum shattering orgasmic screams within it's 29 inch banging distance from my hips and the two mile visual distance surrounding it. And after a few hundred faces broken I start breaking a sweat with this shitacular meat sack of a body. Fucking lame.

God damn, I can't wait till I'm crushing your guy's space colonies with my gundam and giganormous cyber dong. Never seen so much lack of appreciating for fucking science.

Also, robo chicks don't say no. Fuck yeah!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

ALL HUMANS WILL PERISH
WHEN WE START THE ROBOT REVOLUTION
caps
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

When all your bones are ash, my iron children will inherit the whole horizon.

And they'll be fucking hot.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
ThyMaiden
I like it dirty 24/7

Location: At the gates of Midian... yes thats in greenland... lol
ThyMaiden is an unknown quantity at this point

thats like that manga
absolute boyfriend
creepy
ThyMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #9
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

We got this far through the thread without a Freshgrease joke? I'm impressed.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #10
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyMaiden View Post
thats like that manga
absolute boyfriend
creepy
I've actually read some of that. Creepy indeed.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #11
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

I hope the LHC discovers spiral power or something. I want a virtual lifeform Nia waifu. And especially heaven piercing drill power.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #12
LightDreamer
Jounin

LightDreamer is on a distinguished road

I resent that he calls a perfect woman a thing that can recognize faces and butter toast.

Other than that, all you guys saying that this is freaky, this isn't the first I've heard of non-living spousal replacements. There's the blow up doll, and the popular synthetic rubber dolls that are popular in Japan. Coincidentally, I searched up something else *I can't remember what don't ask but it wasn't dirty*, and the first thing that came up on google was a site selling these dolls.

There's a man so obsessed with them, that he has like 100 in his apartment that he bathes and powders so they feel like real women.

But the fact that they're getting this close to human animated robots is a little scary. But I wouldn't mind building my own perfect man not for weird sexual purposes, just to look at LOL. xD

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

The adulation of strangers.
LightDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote