Thought about Tobi and Obito - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Kilik 64 is on a distinguished roadKilik 64 is on a distinguished road
Thought about Tobi and Obito

Ok, so we've all heard the suspicions about the two. And the evidence:

-Same hairstyles.
-Tobi's right eye is shown with sharingan, while the left is not. Obito is missing his left eye.
-Madara should by all means be dead, since he was alive since before the sannin were even born. Obito would be of similar age and size to Kakashi, which Tobi appears to be.
-Similar names.

Well, think about this for a second. Say that Obito magically survived the incident somehow and continued living. He could have made a new friend at some point and killed them for his mangekyo sharingan. That would also explain where Kakashi got his from, as everyone he knew and loved was dead prior to the timeskip. The death of a loved one is supposed to be a requirement for MS, right? It was Obito's eye that Kakashi has, so maybe his mangekyo eye somehow activated when Obito awakened MS with his remaining eye. It could also be that Rin's death triggered the awakening of MS within Obito, which then triggered it within Kakashi.

My next point, has anyone actually seen the current Madara showing off his Eternal Mangekyo? Because it's possible that he doesn't have it. I mean, I haven't seem him reveal anything more than Sharingan. We've seen flashback pictures of Madara with EMS, but never Tobi. Obito never encountered any other Uchiha, which stopped him from getting EMS.

Finally, consider Tobi's MS technique. A space time jutsu that allows him to essentially disappear at will. Sound similar to anything? Yeah, Kakashi's technique. So think of it this way. Since Obito and Kakashi are each using one of the same pair of sharingan eyes, they are both using the same MS tecnique. Obito (Tobi) simply has a way more advanced version of Kamui than Kakashi. Whereas Kakashi just focuses his eye on objects and sends them out into the middle of nowhere, Obito can concentrate Kamui onto himself to make himself essentially not exist in a certain location. Kakashi uses it purely for offense, but Obito can use it as a defense.

As for his reasons for acting as Madara Uchiha... perhaps his body is possessed? The same way Orochimaru reincarnated every 3 years, it's possible that Madara's form of immortaility is to take control of other's bodies. It explains why Obito would look like the Mizukage to Kisame, if Madara is the Mizukage and has been using Obito's body.

Well, those are my thoughts. What do you all think?
Kilik 64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
Ero-Sage
Perverted Hermit

Ero-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enough
Re: Thought about Tobi and Obito

Nice theory. I like it.
Ero-Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

I think this is like the billionth Tobi is obito thread that has been made on this forum.

also this is in the rules

No Tobi=Obito threads.
THE ONLY TOBI THREAD IS THIS ONE:
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=30762

which has been posted here .. manga rules
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=25257

Last edited by Mystik; 12-17-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

We don't know if Madara is missing an eye. Even if he is it still doesn't mean he's Obito. The eye that was shown actually works while Obito's eye was crushed by rocks. Obito's body was compleatly crushed by rocks & he's dead. Obito was a weak Uchiha & not a member of the most powerful bloodline. The half face we did see of Madara he appears to be an old man while Obito would be around Kakashi's age. Madara's space/time jutsu is not an MS dojutsu. In a flashback were Itachi talks to Madara he has longer hair. It's called a hair cut this is not uncommon in Naruto just look at the many different looks of Sasuke.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
I think this is like the billionth Tobi is obito thread that has been made on this forum.

also this is in the rules

No Tobi=Obito threads.
THE ONLY TOBI THREAD IS THIS ONE:
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=30762

which has been posted here .. manga rules
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=25257
Oh... crap. Didn't see that there. Dang. Do I request this thread be deleted and post this idea there then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
We don't know if Madara is missing an eye. Even if he is it still doesn't mean he's Obito. The eye that was shown actually works while Obito's eye was crushed by rocks. Obito's body was compleatly crushed by rocks & he's dead.
Correction. Obito said he body was crushed by the rocks and there was no way that they were going to get him free. We didn't actually see his body destroyed, we assumed that he's dead since he was left for dead in a virtually impossible chance of surviving. However, Obito's coming back wouldn't be the first time a Naruto character came back from a virtually impossible situation.
Quote:
Obito was a weak Uchiha & not a member of the most powerful bloodline.
Training can make you stonger, and we haven't seen Tobi do anything.
Quote:
The half face we did see of Madara he appears to be an old man while Obito would be around Kakashi's age.
His face got screwed up a little. Cut him some slack, he had a boulder on top of him, remember?
Quote:
Madara's space/time jutsu is not an MS dojutsu.
Care to explain how you know that?
Quote:
In a flashback were Itachi talks to Madara he has longer hair. It's called a hair cut this is not uncommon in Naruto just look at the many different looks of Sasuke.
Actually, it is uncommon in Naruto. Sasuke's hair hasn't made any drastic changes thoughout the series. Details hae changed, but not the general thing. Sakura are the only people with big hair changes in the series if I remember correctly.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 AM   #6
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilik 64 View Post
Oh... crap. Didn't see that there. Dang. Do I request this thread be deleted and post this idea there then?
Nah its up now.. i was just showing people to let them know there is a thread for it.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
OiB
Dust Eater

OiB is on a distinguished road

yea this is getting old :P. But the whole possessed body thing isnt bad i guess..Although if a boulder droped on you from a high altitude, that side of your body should be crushed i dont see how it wouldnt thats just ridiculous and unrealistic. Honestly i still think its Madara but im patiently waiting to see who it is for real. Even if it is obitos body, i dont really see the big deal besides kakashi flipping out.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Why it's not MS is simple. Kakashi never mentioned it as MS & Madara's eye never transformed. Had the space/time jutsu been a MS dojutsu it would of been mentioned in the manga already.

Madara as a young adult/teen 399-01.

Madara meeting Itachi with longer hair & a slightly different mask 400-8 & 400-9. Please be aware that at this time Obito was already dead. His hair style is completely different from Obito here. There is quite simply no way that Madara would be able to transfer to Obito's body after this metting sense Obito was already dead.

Madara's face shown to be that of an old man with wrinkles. 396-17, 397-01, 397-02, & 397-03.

Old people in Naruto have similar wrinkles 398-4

Obito is dead & his body was compleatly crushed by rocks. 243-18, 244-2, 244-7, 244-8, 244-9, & 244-10

Quote:
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Old 12-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #9
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Also this was posted on NF with a thread that was made very similiar to this one..

scars and wrinkles look very different
Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #10
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Is that a comparison between Kakashi's face and Tobi's?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:02 AM   #11
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Good pic Mystik hehehe.... Just to clarify what I meant by Sasuke's hair changing....

Sasuke's hair style in early Naruto 3-6

Sasuke's hair when he fought Gaara. Just so you know it's longer then previously shown 110-3

Sasuke with CS2 hair. This style is compleatly different then the others 231-18-19

Sasuke when he fought Diedara again looks different then before. Also another pic with the same style when he fought Itachi.
356-16 & 383-15

Sasuke's newest look I'll show two pics on this one. Notice how his hair is in front of his face with shortened bangs. First one is when he's talking to Madara & the second one is when he's about to face KillerBee. 400-17 & 411-2

Hair styles do indeed change.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #12
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Quote:
Is that a comparison between Kakashi's face and Tobi's?
No it was a comparison between scars and wrinkles.

Quote:
Good pic Mystik hehehe.
thanks >.<

and yeah his hair style did change up more then others.

Last edited by Mystik; 12-17-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #13
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Quote:
Why it's not MS is simple. Kakashi never mentioned it as MS & Madara's eye never transformed. Had the space/time jutsu been a MS dojutsu it would of been mentioned in the manga already.
We were never zoomed in on Tobi's face when he was attacked, so we don't know what his eye was doing at the time. And just because Kakashi doesn't say something doesn't make it not true. And the idea that it would have been mentioned already makes no sense. Just because Kishi hasn't revealed it to be true, it must be false?
Quote:
Obito is dead & his body was compleatly crushed by rocks. 243-18, 244-2, 244-7, 244-8, 244-9, & 244-10
Because nobody in Naruto has ever pulled off a miraculous survival that makes no sense? Kishi tends to not give details in many situations to avoid locking himself into one storyline should he make up something better later on. There are lots of ambiguities.
Quote:
Madara's face shown to be that of an old man with wrinkles. 396-17, 397-01, 397-02, & 397-03.

Old people in Naruto have similar wrinkles 398-4
Again, if I drop a boulder on our face and we're sure it was on top of you, I don't expect your face to look the same as before.
Quote:

Madara as a young adult/teen 399-01.

Madara meeting Itachi with longer hair & a slightly different mask 400-8 & 400-9. Please be aware that at this time Obito was already dead. His hair style is completely different from Obito here. There is quite simply no way that Madara would be able to transfer to Obito's body after this metting sense Obito was already
Your arguement that explains Tobi having the same hairstyle as Obito was that it was cut. Well, if hair can be cut short, it can grow longer as well.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #14
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Quote:
We were never zoomed in on Tobi's face when he was attacked, so we don't know what his eye was doing at the time. And just because Kakashi doesn't say something doesn't make it not true. And the idea that it would have been mentioned already makes no sense. Just because Kishi hasn't revealed it to be true, it must be false?
Space/time jutsu is a common term within Naruto & MS has never been a requirement in order to use it. Summoning & Thunder God are both space/time jutsu. Sasuke himself preformed a space/time to get away from Diedara. If Madara needs MS in order to perform something as mundane as space/time then he's pathetic. Whenever something important such as MS activation happens for the first time Kishi normally shows it. This is simply put one of many jutsu Madara has acquired over the years.

Quote:
Because nobody in Naruto has ever pulled off a miraculous survival that makes no sense? Kishi tends to not give details in many situations to avoid locking himself into one storyline should he make up something better later on. There are lots of ambiguities.
Not when an arm is trapped under bolders while dieing (Obito couldn't preform a jutsu to escape).Show me one instance that's not genjutsu of someone getting out of a situation as dire as Obito's. Obito never preformed any doton jutsu in his short time in the manga. This would of been the only method that would allow him to escape.

Quote:
Again, if I drop a boulder on our face and we're sure it was on top of you, I don't expect your face to look the same as before.
You must be another Ron who can't tell the difference between wrinkles & a scar. Your pathetic attempt to discredit me without actual proof is amusing. Obito was clearly completely crushed by rocks before fading to black. FYI when someone fades to black it normally means they're dead.

Quote:
Your arguement that explains Tobi having the same hairstyle as Obito was that it was cut. Well, if hair can be cut short, it can grow longer as well.
Again lame comeback respond with proof or don't respond at all. I've shown plenty that proves Obito is dead while all you can do is bring up a lame old theory that has been disproven over a hundred times now.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-17-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #15
Scarecrow
Chuunin

Scarecrow will become famous soon enoughScarecrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Space/time jutsu is a common term within Naruto & MS has never been a requirement in order to use it. Summoning & Thunder God are both space/time jutsu. Sasuke himself preformed a space/time to get away from Diedara. If Madara needs MS in order to perform something as mundane as space/time then he's pathetic. Whenever something important such as MS activation happens for the first time Kishi normally shows it. This is simply put one of many jutsu Madara has acquired over the years.
dude.....nobody,NOBODY in narutos world does space/time jutsu as easy as tobi. He doesn't do any preparations to do it, as in seals, summoning, or throwing a kunai to mark a spot...
so why is it far stretched to assume its his eye technique (since he doesnt do seals for it)...
and space/time jutsu is a high lvl jutsu in ninja world. not just anyone can do it. the fourth was famous for it and tobis is much better.