Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 10 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #136
Scarecrow
Chuunin

Scarecrow will become famous soon enoughScarecrow will become famous soon enough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

underrated character: haku

haku is the man yo
haku could do one hand seals, was precise with needles, had a bloodline to create ice and his ultimate technique to capture an enemy in an ice mirror cage.
haku was not trying to kill sasuke and naruto, if he was he would have done it.
imagine if haku wasnt killed and that he trained for three years. how strong do u think he would have gotten?
to create ice haku prob had a water and wind element affinity, two strong elements.

in my mind haku was the strongest genin at the time, maybe gara was stronger.

i think that haku would be in the rank of naruto and sasuke after the time skip or even stronger because of his talent

Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #137
9tailedDemon
Failed brain surgeon

9tailedDemon is on a distinguished road9tailedDemon is on a distinguished road

yeah haku was the sh^t ... his emotions got the best of him ...

very feminine though i dunno why manga likes to have alot of characters like that

I mean he almost reminds me of Freeza ... yuk!

ok ok ok ... new president = new rules...

We are currently in a recession therefore by my calculations we need to make up this debt proper. So from now until i say otherwise Taxes r going up in my jurisdiction and the cap don't play. If u sitting there like a dumbass wondering if u in my jurisdiction it's easy... Check ur zipcode ... if it starts with the numbers 1 thru 9 well buddy u fall into the jurisdiction so make sure u up to date.

U don't wanna find out what happens when u don't pay ur taxes.

(hint: auditing can get painful)

Pay ur taxes!

9tailedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #138
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tailedDemon View Post
um that diedara and sasuke fight wasn't close at all ... bad match up yeah ... close h^ll no... diedara lost ever since he used earth seals to make his bombs and sasuke had sharigan to read his earth seals and lightining to break them ... fight was over ... bad match up yes... but over from the start no matter what spin u put on it
I think Sasuke barely escaping a giant fucking explosion, sacrificing his most powerful summon in the process, counts as "close". Open your eyes, blind fanboy.

Agreed about Haku. If he had just killed them off quick and helped Zabuza with Kakashi, Team 7 would be long dead.

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 01-09-2009 at 06:39 PM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #139
9tailedDemon
Failed brain surgeon

sasuske doesn't care about manda ... manda wouldn't even listen to sasuske unless he was under a genjutsu how useful is that??

And u can tell thruout the fight sasuske had no interest at all in fighting him... just kept asking him "what do u know about my brother"

diedara wanted the fight and sasuske responded by just smacking him up ... diedara's last ditch effort does not make the fight close my man it just is what is was a last ditch effort ... diedara was owned my boy ... face it...

and no i'm no fan boy i just realize that fight was a lost cause ... sh^t diedara had to kill himself to try to kill sasuke ... now do u think that was close??

We are currently in a recession therefore by my calculations we need to make up this debt proper. So from now until i say otherwise Taxes r going up in my jurisdiction and the cap don't play. If u sitting there like a dumbass wondering if u in my jurisdiction it's easy... Check ur zipcode ... if it starts with the numbers 1 thru 9 well buddy u fall into the jurisdiction so make sure u up to date.

Pay ur taxes!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #140
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

the most underrated character is shikimaru.. think about it he showed us you dont have to have an insane amount of chakra to beat someone all you need is a good strategy.
Tmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #141
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoore View Post
the most underrated character is shikimaru.. think about it he showed us you dont have to have an insane amount of chakra to beat someone all you need is a good strategy.
I dont think shikas underated at all. I think his skills are very respected and not underestimated for the lack of super abilities, "strenght, speed, endurance ect".
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #142
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Quote:
sasuske doesn't care about manda ... manda wouldn't even listen to sasuske unless he was under a genjutsu how useful is that??

And u can tell thruout the fight sasuske had no interest at all in fighting him... just kept asking him "what do u know about my brother"

diedara wanted the fight and sasuske responded by just smacking him up ... diedara's last ditch effort does not make the fight close my man it just is what is was a last ditch effort ... diedara was owned my boy ... face it...

and no i'm no fan boy i just realize that fight was a lost cause ... sh^t diedara had to kill himself to try to kill sasuke ... now do u think that was close??
@bold: What the fuck does that matter? We're arguing about whether or not it was a close fight, remember?

@the rest: It doesn't matter whether Deidara's explosion was last-ditch or not. It doesn't matter whether it killed him or not. It doesn't matter whether the odds were stacked against him from the outset or not. None of those things affect whether the fight was close or not. What affects that is the very, very end of the fight.
At the end of the fight, Sasuke narrowly escaped Deidara's explosion. In the process, Manda, his most powerful summon, was killed in his place. If not for that, he would have died. That's close.

Try to understand. I'm calling you a Sasuke fanboy because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you're saying such stupid things because you're biased, well, that's all too common. If you're unbiased and saying it, you're severely lacking in common sense, making you look rather unintelligent.

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 01-09-2009 at 06:57 PM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #143
9tailedDemon
Failed brain surgeon

It matters because if he would have taken him seriously the fight would have been over sooner ... all sasuske did was react to whatever diedara threw infront of him... sasuke knew he had the fight from the begginning like i explained earlier it was a bad matchup.

Y u taking it so personal ... u got a crush on diedara or something? ... this ain't that kinda forum

Pay ur taxes!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #144
StupidityRocks99
Academy Student

StupidityRocks99 is an unknown quantity at this point

y is he so upset about diedara? ... Who cares it's diedara get over it
StupidityRocks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #145
sarutobisensei
Genin

sarutobisensei is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It matters because if he would have taken him seriously the fight would have been over sooner ... all sasuske did was react to whatever diedara threw infront of him... sasuke knew he had the fight from the begginning like i explained earlier it was a bad matchup.

Y u taking it so personal ... u got a crush on diedara or something? ... this ain't that kinda forum
Are you serious that sasuke was not taking fight seriously
if sasuke wasnot taking it seriously then he would be dead by now
deidra wasnot some pushover
sasuke himself admitted that deidra was stronger than he thought
and then he revealed that orochimaru was weak that is why he was able to defeat him

FAVOURITE BATTLE IN NARUTO MANGA
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46678

FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN NARUTO MANGA
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46509

MOST GOOD LOOKING CHARACTER IN NARUTO MANGA
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46316

FAVOURITE COUPLE

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46804

Favourite Jutsu/Technique
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46933
sarutobisensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #146
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

I think what he meant by not taking the fight seriously is he was fighting Deidara to get info out of him and he wasnt just fighting to just kill him. So in a way yeah Sasuke wasn't taking the fight seriously cause he wasnt fighting just to kill.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #147
nagato_yahiko
Genin

nagato_yahiko is an unknown quantity at this point

most overrated character: sasuke
most underrated character: Pain/Nagato
nagato_yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #148
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I see many don't even understand what overrated and underrated means.

Many people said that Sasuke is overrated.
Wait, what? Sasuke has the best shape manipulation we ever saw to date. He is fast and very skilled. His attacks are mostly lightning-based, and people say that he is like that only because of Kakashi.
Again, wait, what? Then you could say that Naruto is like he is today because of Jiraiya and Kakashi. He wouldn't do shit if they weren't there for him. Sasuke developed Kirin by himself, one of the most powerful attacks the manga showed to date.
On top of it, he has MS. Sure, he got it because of Itachi, and he would have died against Itachi if Itachi fought seriously, but so what? Naruto would loose against Itachi as well, and Itachi gave Naruto a free power-up as well. Not as powerful as Sasuke's, but still.

Fucking Sasuke bashing is retarded, and out of control. If you don't like the character, okay, but bashing his skill while he shows us very powerful attacks and good skills is like saying:"Hey, I am blind!".
I hate Pain, but his skill is yet to be matched, and he is one of the most powerful people in the manga. And Yahiko Pain's design is the best in the series.

The most overrated character is Minato, by FAR. It is true, his level is probably yet to be grasped, but it doesn't mean he was a god. He can die, and he did. Madara was stated to have space/time even grater then Minato's, but his fans will easily ignore that.

The most underrated character...well, there are many. Naruto was one of them until the last chapter came out. People continuously whined about him being so much below Sasuke, and it is true, he was. But he was never weak, it's just that he didn't get his fights. Now, he will show what it means to do battle.
Another underrated character are Sakura, Hinata, Tsunade, Deidara, and Kakashi. The main reason is that those mentioned (except Deidara), cannot take an Akatsuki 1 on 1. Yeah. So what? Akatsuki are S-ranked Shinobi. Kakashi can't fight on the same level, at least not without MS ending the fight really fast, but that's hardly happening when you are up against an Akatsuki. Doesn't mean Kakashi is weak. Haku was awesome, as someone else mentioned. He is underrated as well.
Oh yeah, Itachi is underrated because he is constantly mentioned to be nothing but Sharingan.
And of course, ANBU are highly underrated, but that's Kishi's fault.

Right, did I miss anything? A few things probably, but meh.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #149
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Retarded? Maybe in your little world. Sasuke bashing happens when daisy picking fanboys/girls claim him as being "the best". Oh reeeeeally? It's apparent you never took the time to read over any of my arguments or others who actually contributed sound disagreements over Sasuke's abilities. "Blind", I am not. Disenfranchised from all the touting of Sasuke, I am!

Do not stroll in at the last second and call the disagreement "retarded" when you never spent any time at all countering our arguments. Thats what cowards do.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #150
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Retarded? Maybe in your little world. Sasuke bashing happens when daisy picking fanboys/girls claim him as being "the best". Oh reeeeeally? It's apparent you never took the time to read over any of my arguments or others who actually contributed sound disagreements over Sasuke's abilities. "Blind", I am not. Disenfranchised from all the touting of Sasuke, I am!

Do not stroll in at the last second and call the disagreement "retarded" when you never spent any time at all countering our arguments. Thats what cowards do.
And thus, you never countered anything I said about him. Proof enough that I was right.
No matter what his fanboys and fangirls say, they could never go against something the manga itself said. Like Itachi being able to kill him even though he was sick, and trying to loose. Like Deidara being weak to lightning.
And about your being sick of Sasuke, I said that was alright, did I not? Again, read.

Countering your arguments was already done, did you not see it? All in one post.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote