Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 13 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #181
DaWildchild
Nemesis Enforcer
 
DaWildchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gattown
Posts: 256
Thanks: 31
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
DaWildchild is on a distinguished road
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Definitely agree with that but its cause people have been kissing his ass and calling him a genius all of his life. Neji had the same problem till Naruto pimp slapped him.
DaWildchild is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #182
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin
 
Detcelfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Posts: 1,052
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
when sasuke lost to rock lee he said something like next time ill slaughter him, sasuke overestimates himself thats a fact
Another good point. I'm curious as to what you have to say about my counter argument though concerning Sasuke being trained.
__________________


Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #183
Viczor6
Hunter-Nin
 
Viczor6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,027
Thanks: 91
Thanked 157 Times in 75 Posts
Viczor6 will become famous soon enoughViczor6 will become famous soon enough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

About Oro teaching Sasuke.. Couldn't Orochimaru've been giving him guidelines of "how" to manipulate for example his lighting chakra..

It's almost impossible to know how they did it. I'd like to see some of Sasukes training with orochimaru, how they made up Kirin..
__________________
Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash FC



Member of the Akatsuki FC
Viczor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #184
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,156
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticFoxkins View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the other side. Do you mean how Sasuke fans view it?

As a Naruto fan I have to say that it is annoying to be continually beat about the head with Sasuke's brilliance. Since his first appearance in the manga he's been twenty million steps ahead of Naruto. Sure it's eventual goal of the manga for Naruto to climb that wall but at times the Manga has focused on Sasuke too much. Itachi was considered the most powerful ninja before Sasuke defeated him yet he wasn't bigged up the way he should have been. Sasuke is /a/ main character but he's not /the/ main character. I wouldn't mind all that so much but couple with his obnoxious personality it's enough for me to want a big fat toad to drop on his head.
The other side means that you look at the situation from every angle.

Let me show you a few instances.
You say that Itachi was considered the most powerful ninja before Sasuke defeated him. Then lets check the other angle - Itachi was trying to loose. He was 1) sick 2)almost blind 3)trying to loose, and he still could have defeated Sasuke.
Do you realize how weak Sasuke looks from this angle?
He defeated Deidara, but he had an elemental advantage over him, AND he had to sacrifice his best summon to escape alive. Plus, Deidara could have killed him had he not risked coming to the ground. Not much of a victory, huh?
Killer Bee - against him, Sasuke would have died 3 times if there was no Team Chicken. That's kinda low don't you think?
He said he is using Akatsuki, but he couldn't even capture one Bijuu, while original Akatsuki members made Bijuu hunt their sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
LOL! But it is true I'm affraid to say. You MUST be a fool if you can not comprehend what so many have presented to you. I'm beginning to think now theres also a level of ignorance mixed in that brew of yours as well. I do not act as a child as you claim. I countered your argument as gracefully as you failed to support your own.
Oh man, I wish Myth was here. He would be laughing hard.
Where did you counter my argument with something that was NOT an assumption? Show me, so all can see ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Your argument was that Sasuke MUST have develped everything on his own (even though we were never shown) WHILE training with Orochimaru. I'll put this on terms you enjoy using. You = fool. I provided probable cause and assumptions. Your provisions = nothing.
I said that he probably developed Kirin on his own. Twisting my words wont help, you are now trying desperately to look cool again.
And you are childish - desperate when loosing. In a mind game no less, which is debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
The inadequacy in everything Sasuke does stems from his very character which reflects both the emotional and the physical. The point that many people have attempted to make.
And that is not the point of overrated. Read that? It is N O T. So that is not something which belongs to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Your argument that Pain is over hyped is stretching your argument to ludicrious levels. Pain? You know, that guy who toppled a nation and has never lost a battle. The guy who dropped a bomb on Konoha and without Naruto's back-up would have completely succeeded in destroying it. I'm suddently reminded of when you so brashly knocked everyone for not understanding the definition of overrated. We do no need to be provided the visual que's to know its all true.
Learn to read man, I am really starting to doubt that there is something wrong with your way of thinking.
That was about hype, and that wasn't directed to you. I said why Sasuke had such hype, and to consider it by comparing it to Pain or Madara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Complaining about Sasukes is stupid. There you go again. Using your same logic I'll say this then. People who complain about complainers are stupid. LOL. Not much of an argument.
/facepalm
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #185
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin
 
Detcelfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Posts: 1,052
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viczor6 View Post
About Oro teaching Sasuke.. Couldn't Orochimaru been giving him guidelines of "how" to manipulate for example his lighting chakra..

It's almost impossible to know how they did it. I'd like to see some of Sasukes training with orochimaru, how they made up Kirin..
Thats exactly the point I've been trying to make. Its been implied this whole time that what Sasuke learned, he learned it through Orochimaru, even if Oro does not use these skills himself.
__________________


Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #186
FantasticFoxkins
Genin
 
FantasticFoxkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FantasticFoxkins is on a distinguished road
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

The thing annoys me most about Sasuke is what Detcelfer called the ladder system. Sasuke hates those above him on the 'ladder' because they have powers that are superior to his own, he hates anyone that makes him feel inferior. Yet he hates those below him on the 'ladder' because he doesn't believe they are worthy of recognition. Sasuke is very much the type of person to believe their own hype.

"Ah, the sharingan.... no doubt this is Itachi`s brother.... a pathetic loser mistaking the gifts of his heredity for his own power." -Deidera, chapter 357

See even the manga backs the argument up.
__________________

"A shinobi must be courageous because below the courageous there is nothing."
FantasticFoxkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #187
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,156
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

And I didn't believe I would have to go this far, but...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/343/15/

Read the damn manga. Orochimaru didn't even know WHO was attacking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viczor6 View Post
About Oro teaching Sasuke.. Couldn't Orochimaru've been giving him guidelines of "how" to manipulate for example his lighting chakra..

It's almost impossible to know how they did it. I'd like to see some of Sasukes training with orochimaru, how they made up Kirin..
He definitely trained him, but Sasuke trained by himself as well.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #188
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin
 
Detcelfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Posts: 1,052
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Oh man, I wish Myth was here. He would be laughing hard.
Where did you counter my argument with something that was NOT an assumption? Show me, so all can see ;D
It's time to take your own medicine and read. I said that the notion Sasuke skills were taught to him by Orochimaru are implied by the story. This supports my understanding. You are saying that he learned it on his own. By what proof? You have none. Stop lying to yourself and others. It is shameful. I gave you other means of reasons to believe that Sasuke's skills are hand-me downs from the Uchiha clan but one can only go by assumptions based on what we know. Better than your entire argument.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I said that he probably developed Kirin on his own. Twisting my words wont help, you are now trying desperately to look cool again.
And you are childish - desperate when loosing. In a mind game no less, which is debate.
Your half-baked understanding is now beyond rationality. Trying to look cool? Childish? Desperate? You've not provided any evidence, even an argument going by logical assumptions thats worth noting. Your gullish endevour fools no one.
__________________


Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #189
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,156
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
It's time to take your own medicine and read. I said that the notion Sasuke skills were taught to him by Orochimaru are implied by the story. This supports my understanding. You are saying that he learned it on his own. By what proof? You have none. Stop lying to yourself and others. It is shameful. I gave you other means of reasons to believe that Sasuke's skills are hand-me downs from the Uchiha clan but one can only go by assumptions based on what we know. Better than your entire argument.
I said he learned Kirin by himself, and some shape manipulation which is backed up by the manga.
What did you bring up? Mythology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Your half-baked understanding is now beyond rationality. Trying to look cool? Childish? Desperate? You've not provided any evidence, even an argument going by logical assumptions thats worth noting. Your gullish endevour fools no one.
Fools?
Lmao.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #190
Scarecrow
Chuunin
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Age: 29
Posts: 574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 75 Times in 75 Posts
Scarecrow will become famous soon enoughScarecrow will become famous soon enough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Another good point. I'm curious as to what you have to say about my counter argument though concerning Sasuke being trained.
your argument is valid and probably true, orochimaru had to know about shape manipulation, oro prob said to sasuke show me your best move and then gave him advices about shape manipulating his chidori. it makes sense. but i dont know to what extent could have oro helped him with that, i think he only gave him an idea.
still kirin sounds like sasukes invention, i dont think oro would go that far for him, after all oro wanted sasuke as a vessel, not a powerful enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
And I didn't believe I would have to go this far, but...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/343/15/

Read the damn manga. Orochimaru didn't even know WHO was attacking him.



He definitely trained him, but Sasuke trained by himself as well.
this picture in the link is the proof that orochimaru didnt teach sasuke chidori shape manipulation, still sasuke might have learned about shape manipulation in general from oro.
__________________

Last edited by Scarecrow; 01-12-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #191
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin
 
Detcelfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Posts: 1,052
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Finally, the little sleuth found something substantial. Was this his one ace in the hole to use strictly to put Orochimaru down? You can easily argue that he took what was taught to him by Orochimaru and altered it to fake Orochimaru out. We'll never know unless its stated to us directly.

I will admit now then that this proves Sasuke did develop a technique to battle Orochimaru to make his escape and use it against Itachi but I would not assume that he could have learned it without the guidance of Orochimaru.

In the end Sasuke remains the most over hyped.
__________________


Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.

Last edited by Detcelfer; 01-12-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #192
sarutobisensei
Genin
 
sarutobisensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
sarutobisensei is on a distinguished road
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

orochimaru was training sasuke cause he was his future body
he wanted his future body to be well trained
and is it possible that sasuke build kirin without even orochimaru knowing or teaching him
sasuke is good but not that good
i wish kabuto kills sasuke
why do you people discuss such a pathetic character anyway
__________________

FAVOURITE BATTLE IN NARUTO MANGA
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46678

FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN NARUTO MANGA
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46509

MOST GOOD LOOKING CHARACTER IN NARUTO MANGA
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46316

FAVOURITE COUPLE

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46804

Favourite Jutsu/Technique
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46933
sarutobisensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #193
Naruto2008
Special Jounin
 
Naruto2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Congers, NY
Age: 21
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Naruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really niceNaruto2008 is just really nice
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarutobisensei View Post
orochimaru was training sasuke cause he was his future body
he wanted his future body to be well trained
and is it possible that sasuke build kirin without even orochimaru knowing or teaching him
sasuke is good but not that good
i wish kabuto kills sasuke
why do you people discuss such a pathetic character anyway
Well he is kind of important to the stroyline lol...he helped make Naruto the shinobi he is today..and he is Kishi's favorite character.
__________________
Rep me GREEN, leave your name, and I'll rep you back.

Bitch I'm tha bomb like tick, tick!
Naruto2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #194
Tanya=^^=
Forest Gnome
 
Tanya=^^='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow ^^
Posts: 104
Thanks: 13
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Tanya=^^= is on a distinguished roadTanya=^^= is on a distinguished road
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

LOL. This thread tuned into: Reasons why Sasuke is overrated

Reading all this posts it's kinda' funny. C'mon guys, stop calling names to people or using adjectives like: fool, childish, etc. Don't get so heated just for a character or for discussing a story. Everyone has their own opinion, and if you have something that might prove someone wrong, then post it but in a respectful way... Good debating doesn't involve calling others fools...
__________________
Quote:
Cuando seguimos por el camino de la Verdad somos conscientes también de que lo que ocurre en nuestro interior es mucho más importante que lo que hemos dejado atrás o lo que ven nuestros ojos. Pues lo que sentimos en nuestro interior es nuestro mayor tesoro, la grandeza del universo en sí mismo.
La princesa que creía en cuentos de hadas
Tanya=^^= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #195
Mystik
Im a Bitch
 
Mystik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nowhere
Age: 39
Posts: 6,418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

The real reason most hate Sasuke is because Sasuke had more focus on him then Naruto had. People can say all they want its cause he is emo and so on, but it all boils down to the fact that he got more attention then Naruto. Thats really all there is to it, but reguardless how much you all hate Sasuke.. Naruto wouldnt be half as interesting if Sasuke wasnt a part of it.

Last edited by Mystik; 01-13-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.